forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:56 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Like strife said, the case on me boils down to 'GS looked like he was distancing.' Korts and FL don't seem that convinced of it all and are just plain hopping, but it's too close to deadline for me to raise a hoohah over it, there wouldn't be time to raise a counter wago
I don't like it myself. I just think it's better to lynch you than a claimed doctor. It's a heiarchy. Hell, I'd support lynching me to save a claimed PR.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:27 am

Post by ting =) »

i know. i also think that, korts lynch<no lynch<ting lynch.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:35 am

Post by Korts »

At least you could do something insanely scummy so I don't feel so guilty...
scumchat never die
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:22 pm

Post by strife220 »

More last minute everyone bussing someone who is somewhat likely scum please.

Mod: Exactly what time is deadline? And if there are people who need proddings, please prod. There must be a few.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:52 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

So people are simply voting ting because they don't want to Korts to be lynched even though they don't think ting is scummy? :? I get that he is the doctor, so he shouldn't even have votes on him at this point. Don't know why skitzer and Toaster Strudel are still voting them. Have they posted since Korts has claimed?
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:52 am

Post by Rogueben »

Just reminding everyone that there is the possibility of a deadline extension if a majority of players vote for it.

The deadline is in 25 hours.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:12 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Vote: Deadline extension.
We're really going to need this.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:39 am

Post by Korts »

vote: deadline extention

Although I have the nagging feeling we're gonna waste it just like the rest of this day.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:43 am

Post by Korts »

EBWOP:
mod:
please prod ToasterStrudel, silence and skitzer, they haven't posted in a while. Maybe a replacement would be better for BM, his last post was circa a month ago...
scumchat never die
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:53 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

strife220 wrote:More last minute everyone bussing someone who is somewhat likely scum please.
I am already voting Korts. Why, is there a reason to believe he's town?
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:02 am

Post by Korts »

Please do not ignore my claim. At least say "I don't buy it", if nothing else.
scumchat never die
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:08 am

Post by The Fonz »

strife220 wrote:Because of how over-the-top it was. Somebody else said it well earlier - the argument was bordering on personal.
That's precisely why I think 'bus.' Ramping up the animosity levels, without actually adding actual content likely to lead to a lynch, is a very common way of distancing two players in the minds of the town, without actually endangering either. I suggest you read the Fonz-Ryan interplay from [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5704]This game,[/quote] then tell me that scum don't get personal.
ting =) wrote:
fonz wrote:You're deliberately ignoring mine, which is that that is not true.Were you around at the time? I clearly felt at that point that IAAUN was a viable lynch.
Not ignoring, I just don't believe it. We're not going to agree on this. No way IAU was getting lynched.
Yup. You're just wrong. Or lying, whatever. There was more chance of IA getting lynched there than THE GUY WHO ACTUALLY GOT LYNCHED. Any remotely impartial reader of day one would draw that conclusion, imho. Hell, there was probably more likelihood of an IAAUN lynch at that point, than there was of a Ting lynch at many points today- but unlike Greasy, I actually stuck to my guns, because my suspicion is genuine, and it now looks like your lynch is a serious possibility.
Eh?
discussion != will to lynch. Just because people are discussing someone doesn't mean they intend to lynch him.[/quote]

They were discussing him, and saying that his behaviour was scummy.
fonz wrote:Obvious, blatant, and outright lie. I NEVER EVER EVER asked ting to demonstrate that Greasy Spot's actions were rational. You volunteered the 'it was rational' defence.'
Uh huh, asking me to point out GS' reasons, or GS' case against IAU obviously don't count as asking me to rationalize his actions. [/quote]

I asked you to point out where GS made a real case against IAAUN because I claimed that he never made one, and you disagreed. That's clearly not asking you to rationalise his actions, it's disputing a point of fact. I can't possibly expect you to know what was going through Greasy's mind, if indeed anything was, and one can never be sure.

You however, volunteered the defence that Greasy Spot's actions made perfect sense from a town perspective because of X Y and Z. When those things CLEARLY AREN'T TRUE, of course I'm going to point it out. Greasy Spot was only one of several suspects at that point- your incredibly scummy, mendacious defence of him has put you into clear number one position.

You have REPEATEDLY LIED about me.
You're just being dishonest here. I said Greasy's and IAAUN's actions with regard to one another looked like bussing. You volunteered the defence that his actions were rational since there was no chance of an IAAUN lynch. You also raised the contradictory point that he was just acting erratically as per his meta.

The contradiction was introduced by you, not by me, and saying otherwise is blatant mendacity.
No. That was one of your arguments - they looked like they were bussing, yes. BUT, you also raised the points that:

1)His actions don't fit your conception of his irrational-tunneling-town meta. (I can quote this if you want.)
THAT'S A (PARDON MY FRENCH) FUCKING LIE.

I raised the point of 'well would we really expect Greasy Spot to act rationally.' This was A RESPONSE to your 'it was rational' defence. You did not offer these defences in response to contradictory accusations- you made contradictory defences, and I attacked those.
2)He didn't bother to rationalize his actions with regards to IAU. (I can also quote this.)
My argument, as I'm sure you know and are simply lying about, is that HE DID NOT EXPLAIN OR INDEED ACTUALLY PRESENT A DECENT CASE AGAINST IAAUN IN KEEPING WITH THE LEVEL OF SUSPICION HE EXPRESSED.

The point of this was to demonstrate that his actions are entirely consistent with a desire to distance himself from IAAUN, but not to get him lynched.

To this, you offered two contradictory, and also weak, defences, based around the idea that Greasy was acting rationally. In response to this, it is entirely appropriate to ask both whether this is true, and whether, even if it is true, you would expect Greasy to act perfectly rationally, given both who he is, and the very strong conviction he appeared to have in IAAUN's scumminess- right up until the point where he abruptly dropped it.

I don't think I've ever seen a townie who appeared that convinced drop a case for another that they barely explained, with so long left in the day, and a real prospect of actually still getting suspect number one lynched. If you see something you can't conceive of an actual townie doing, there's a big chance it's an indication of scum.

This is not based on a meta of Greasy, but on a meta of like EVERY TOWNIE I'VE EVER SEEN who demonstrated that strong a suspicion. The fact that Greasy himself also has a track record as town of being extremely bullheaded a la early BM when he gets a bee in his bonnet only reinforces it.

Again, for the millionth time, the contradiction is yours and not mine. My case is consistent- Greasy Spot's behaviour towards IAAUN, and IAAUN's toward Greasy, make perfect sense to me as a bus. You have offered contradictory defences.
ting =) wrote:i know. i also think that, korts lynch<no lynch<ting lynch.
You'd prefer to lynch a claimed doctor? Wow, just wow. Why is this scum not dead yet?
ting =) wrote: GS was vehement to the point of being personal, he was a far cry from distancing, and his switch to armlx obviously reads like plain exasperation if you bother to re-read.
As I've said many times, this to me is a bus sign, not a sign to the contrary.
ting =) wrote: Obviously, being dead won't make mean I'm right, and I'll admit that even I felt that Fonz was town for most of the game. I could very well be wrong, and I'm nowhere near certain, but if I had to pick someone, I'd pick Fonz for scum simply because I know GS wasn't distancing.
This reads to me very much like an admission of OMGUS. Whether you 'know' *ahem* that GS wasn't distancing is irrelevant. The question for everyone, is the very low-probability instance that you come up town, is whether it was reasonable to consider GS-IAAUN distancing a strong possibility. I believe so, for all the reasons I've been outlining throughout. (You never really addressed the IAAUN -> Greasy actions, which I also think add to the case).
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:09 am

Post by The Fonz »

This is the link that was supposed to be in the post above.[/url]
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:41 am

Post by strife220 »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
strife220 wrote:More last minute everyone bussing someone who is somewhat likely scum please.
I am already voting Korts. Why, is there a reason to believe he's town?
There's no need to lynch a claimed doc at this point, even if you think he's lying.

Vote: Deadline extension

If we get it, please lets not waste it. Nobody should use the excuse 'well, I think he's town, but I'll vote him anyway because of deadline'
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:53 am

Post by The Fonz »

Why not?

It helps catch opportunistic scum.

That said,

vote: deadline extension

Because there are still things worth discussing. I'd like to see what all those saying 'Well, there's a deadline' would do if there was suddenly time for a new wagon.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:16 am

Post by ting =) »

Addressing these bits first.
fonz wrote:ting =) wrote:
i know. i also think that, korts lynch<no lynch<ting lynch.

You'd prefer to lynch a claimed doctor? Wow, just wow. Why is this scum not dead yet?
Funny. It's pretty clear I think that a ting lynch is better than a no lynch, is better than a korts lynch. I've made that pretty clear in my comments about me accepting my lynch. You seem to have been the only one to have drawn this conclusion. Why, I wonder?
fonz wrote:ting =) wrote:
GS was vehement to the point of being personal, he was a far cry from distancing, and his switch to armlx obviously reads like plain exasperation if you bother to re-read.

As I've said many times, this to me is a bus sign, not a sign to the contrary.
It's your interpretation, and you're just going, 'it looks like it.'
fonz wrote:
ting wrote:Obviously, being dead won't make mean I'm right, and I'll admit that even I felt that Fonz was town for most of the game. I could very well be wrong, and I'm nowhere near certain, but if I had to pick someone, I'd pick Fonz for scum simply because I know GS wasn't distancing.
This reads to me very much like an admission of OMGUS. Whether you 'know' *ahem* that GS wasn't distancing is irrelevant.
The question for everyone, is the very low-probability instance that you come up town, is whether it was reasonable to consider GS-IAAUN distancing a strong possibility.
I believe so, for all the reasons I've been outlining throughout.
(You never really addressed the IAAUN -> Greasy actions, which I also think add to the case).
This is
not
an admission of omgus. I have insider knowledge that the rest of the players don't, I'm more informed than they are on the whole ting-fonz thing simply because I know my role.

This is the issue I was bringing up with my 'death' posts, tl;dr version: 'Guys, do you really think that gs was bussing IAU, or do you think it's simply something Fonz made up?
I'm leaning to the latter, like I said, because I know the former isn't true.

There's also the possibility where we're both town, but I really don't think that's true. You gave nowhere near as much flak to IAU as you did to GS, despite your insistence that you would have lynched him.

What IAU->Greasy actions? I've been rather meticulous in replying to your posts, could you point out what I missed?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:23 am

Post by Korts »

Fonz wrote:
ting wrote:i know. i also think that, korts lynch<no lynch<ting lynch.

Um, the relations are the other way around, if you notice. So what he means is, his own lynch is the best option of the three.
scumchat never die
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:48 am

Post by ting =) »

fonz wrote:
Yup. You're just wrong. Or lying, whatever.
There was more chance of IA getting lynched there than THE GUY WHO ACTUALLY GOT LYNCHED. Any remotely impartial reader of day one would draw that conclusion, imho. Hell, there was probably more likelihood of an IAAUN lynch at that point, than there was of a Ting lynch at many points today- but unlike Greasy, I actually stuck to my guns, because my suspicion is genuine, and it now looks like your lynch is a serious possibility.
Funny then, how IAU, with more chance of getting lynched than THE GUY WHO ACTUALLY GOT LYNCHED, was not actually the guy who got lynched, no?

I also particularly like the italicized bit. No one here is as convinced as you of my 'guilt.' Either you're really as convinced as you sound, or you're just 'sticking to your guns,' because you said you would earlier on and can't drop it anymore. Either way, I'm going to laugh when I'm dead and it's clear that I'm neither wrong or lying, because then everyone would have to decide if
you
are wrong or lying.
fonz wrote:They were discussing him, and saying that his behaviour was scummy.
That's a statement that could apply to nearly all the players here.Just because all the players are discussing someone, doesn't mean he's at the top of their list, or that they're willing to lynch him.
fonz wrote:
I asked you to point out where GS made a real case against IAAUN because I claimed that he never made one, and you disagreed. That's clearly not asking you to rationalise his actions, it's disputing a point of fact.
I can't possibly expect you to know what was going through Greasy's mind, if indeed anything was, and one can never be sure.

You however, volunteered the defence that Greasy Spot's actions made perfect sense from a town perspective because of X Y and Z.
When those things CLEARLY AREN'T TRUE, of course I'm going to point it out. Greasy Spot was only one of several suspects at that point- your incredibly scummy, mendacious defence of him has put you into clear number one position.
No. Saying GS never made a case on IAU is an accusation in and of itself. It furthers your, 'GS had no reasons for his IAU vote.' The burden of proof is obvioulsy on me as his replacee to show that he had a rational reason behind his vote. Don't play semantics. Saying GS had no case on IAU is obviously asking me to rationalize his vote.

Funny.

The
only
time I've mentioned GS' actions making sense is with regards to his unvote of IAU.

About his IAU vote, I've already said that I myself wouldn't have tunneled for so long, and that I wouldn't have vote/unvoted anyone without giving reasons. I've made numerous statements to the effect of, 'I don't understand why GS...'

You're taking an argument I've made for one purpose and applying it to another place where I never applied it to at all.
I've forgotten the term for it, but there you go.

--
fonz wrote:
ting, summarizing Fonz's points wrote:1)His actions don't fit your conception of his irrational-tunneling-town meta. (I can quote this if you want.)

THAT'S A (PARDON MY FRENCH) FUCKING LIE.
fonz wrote:RE: 1037. I disagree. I have significant GS meta too, and this seems at odds to his prior town behaviour
fonz wrote:But this is precisely it. I feel like GS is playing contrary to his meta. The GS I'm familiar with is not only stupid, but incredibly stubborn and bullheaded, ala early Battle Mage. It's why i feel your 'rational thing to do' defence doesn't work- I've never known GS to be rational when he's got a bee in his bonnet.
fonz wrote: Have you ever been in an OMGUS war, Ting? People get angry, they get stubborn. Greasy Spot indicated this kind of mindset, but then took an action completely contrary to it. Which is why i think it might have been faked.
fonz wrote:But nothing about Greasy Spot's earlier play was good or rational, so why would we expect him to start there all of a sudden?
QED.

So Fonz, I was lying how? A clear portion of your case was that you don't think you GS was capable of acting rationally, because it didn't fit with your conception of him being a stuborn-tunneling-townie. These are quotes of yours that I've quoted before in response. I could probably find more if I look directly at your posts.

--
fonz wrote:I raised the point of 'well would we really expect Greasy Spot to act rationally.' This was A RESPONSE to your 'it was rational' defence. You did not offer these defences in response to contradictory accusations- you made contradictory defences, and I attacked those.
No. I can quote myself if you want. I mentioned his
unvote of IAU
as being rational. I was not talking about his IAU vote, or his insistence of multiple revoting, or his subsequent armlx vote. In fact, I've mentioned not understanding all of those, and also that I don't agree with tunneling. You're misrepresenting me here.

--

breaking up post. the rest coming.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:50 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Vote Deadline Extension

I'd like to not be forced into a rush lynch.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:56 am

Post by ting =) »

fonz wrote:My argument, as I'm sure you know and are simply lying about, is that HE DID NOT EXPLAIN OR INDEED ACTUALLY PRESENT A DECENT CASE AGAINST IAAUN IN KEEPING WITH THE LEVEL OF SUSPICION HE EXPRESSED.

The point of this was to demonstrate that his actions are entirely consistent with a desire to distance himself from IAAUN, but not to get him lynched.
See earlier stuff.
fonz wrote:To this, you offered two contradictory, and also weak, defences, based around the idea that Greasy was acting rationally. In response to this, it is entirely appropriate to ask both whether this is true, and whether, even if it is true, you would expect Greasy to act perfectly rationally, given both who he is, and the very strong conviction he appeared to have in IAAUN's scumminess- right up until the point where he abruptly dropped it.
Again, I was calling his
unvote of IAU
rational - it accomplished nothing. He's had vote on IAU for a loooong time. Nothing was happening.
fonz wrote:I don't think I've ever seen a townie who appeared that convinced drop a case for another that they barely explained, with so long left in the day, and a real prospect of actually still getting suspect number one lynched. If you see something you can't conceive of an actual townie doing, there's a big chance it's an indication of scum.
We won't agree on this. IAU was not going to get lynched. We've gone back and forth over this, GS had his vote on IAu for forever, and it was going nowhere. We've both said our piece on this. We can keep beating this dead horse if you want, but I'd much prefer if we drop it. Unless you have something new to add.
fonz wrote:This is not based on a meta of Greasy, but on a meta of like EVERY TOWNIE I'VE EVER SEEN who demonstrated that strong a suspicion. The fact that Greasy himself also has a track record as town of being extremely bullheaded a la early BM when he gets a bee in his bonnet only reinforces it.

Again, for the millionth time, the contradiction is yours and not mine. My case is consistent- Greasy Spot's behaviour towards IAAUN, and IAAUN's toward Greasy, make perfect sense to me as a bus. You have offered contradictory defences.
See earlier bit on how I had to rationalize GS' actions. See quoted, where you're telling me that GS doesn't look like town since he didn't tunnel. I can also quote previous instances where you've said as much, if you want me to.

Again, you're saying both:

1)He doesn't look like town since you expected him to tunnel. (I can quote this.)
2)He doesn't look like town since he wasn't being rational, making cases, etc. (I can also quote this.)

Those two are contradictory. The only way for me to satisfy you on both counts would be to prove that GS was in fact, a rational townie, who was acting irrationally as per your meta of his town play. It's a clear contradiction.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:11 am

Post by ting =) »

I'm fine with or without a deadline extension.

Me and Fonz have been dancing for far too long. I wouldn't mind being lynched. I think Fonz will agree that we've both already talked about each other's points at length. I'll stilly reply to his points if he wants to carry this on, but as it is, we're just cluttering the space with walls of text that I'm fairly certain are just being skimmed through by anyone not Fonz or me. I'd do the same.

If by now you still haven't decided which of Fonz/ting/none/both you think is/are scum, it won't change with a two week extension.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:11 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Since 5 players have voted for the extension and 1 (BM) needs replacing I will grant an extension of 1 week. This makes the deadline the 22nd September.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:44 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Unvote
. I'm not sure where to go at this point. But at least we have another week to decide :S.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh seriously, what the hell people? Are we just going to waste this week too? I guess I'll see what I can do tomorrow, since I'm kinda tired of PBPA today.
-StrangerCoug

strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:25 pm

Post by strife220 »

Yep this is pretty ridiculous.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”