qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:32 am

Post by qwints »

Read sekinj's post by themselves. She makes lots of requests for information and offers some information that has never been confirmed. That is why I was suspicious of her. Given other player's reactions and a re-read, it seems clear that those were not as scummy as they seemed at first glance.

Vote count
(9 players alive = 5 to lynch before deadline)
(2) qwints - Mariyta, Rage
(1) thinktank - sekinj

Not voting:
Cass, Gremwell, MafiaMann, PimHel, qwints, thinktank

Deadline:
Sunday 28 September 2:00 PM (GMT -5 according to forum clock)
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:53 am

Post by Rage »

qwints wrote:I still think sekinj pushed for more information than anyone else has.
qwints wrote:I am, however, reading the defenses of sekinj as relatively solid proof of his good character, if not his truthfulness.
These quotes were taken from two of your posts, with one of Mariyta's in between asking you if you thought that any "vanilla" sort of roles, like OhGodMyLife
claimed
to be, because we still don't know for sure.

Anyways, the points you make in these quotes don't go hand in hand, either way (pro or anti-town). Firstly, Sekinj has already defended against your suspicions before, and it was explained that she was asking for information in return for her own. I found that pretty clear, and she still lives.

Secondly, you haven't convinced me at all. It seems to me that you are making things up as you go about those suspicious letters that I accused your character of getting. Now, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, that I do not think whether or not you have received letters is any indication of your alignment, but I do think that because this information was given to me, it means you are scum. The way I see my Knowledge is alike to information a Cop receives from an investigation. On one hand, it's lucky the Cop gets a guilty read in a closed setup because you never know what to expect, so he's on the look-out for people to investigate (like always). On the other hand, the Scum who was investigated doesn't know that there is a Cop, let alone that they were investigated, so they continue playing until they are accused and can come up with a defense. In this case, you gave out the information I needed to accuse you of being scum and I find that very indicative of your alignment. Then again, I'm not saying I don't care about your defense, I am saying that your defense to my Knowledge has been "I haven't got any letters" which is not helpful to anyone.

In short, I don't think the word "letters" proves your alignment, or is a good defense, and I think that the word "suspicious" does.
qwints wrote:On the other hand, I can confirm one of her statements. At one point, she said there were three known section, one unknown and one that would come into use. I know that there are five possible rooms: The village inn, the stables, the guest quarters and the mansion's left and right wing. Rage has also confirmed that a note was sent to her. Can anyone else confirm information from sekinj?
I don't get how you can confirm Sekinj's information that there are 5 possible "rooms". He did say there were five, and how do you know about the mansion's left and right wings? I didn't even know there was a mansion.

Qwints, where do you stay at night? I forgot to say that I stay at the Village Inn at night.
qwints wrote:Not to mention the fact that a lot of players seem to have unique win conditions based on what happens to another player.
How do you know? The only thing I can remember was that there was talk between a few players mid-Day 2 (I think) that they died if another player died.
qwints wrote:Given other player's reactions and a re-read, it seems clear that those were not as scummy as they seemed at first glance.
Do you still find Sekinj suspicious? If so, are you going to take a look at the players that have most recently defended her?

Now on to Gremwell,
Mariyta post #648 wrote:Gremwell, top two suspects please, and why.
Gremwell post #649 wrote:my top two would be

quints, for the initial push on sekinj, which now since challenged is steadily starting to flip

think- for what looks to be grasping at straws with his last post and an all around sense of him throwing his opinion around without really knowing whats going on

Also MM for the recent silence when being questioned directly.

on an unrelated note, did anyone have their vote stolen last night?
I love how he responds right away to this. It's not an indication of scumminess, it's just something I noticed gameplay-wise that's different than before, when he was being pressured.
Gremwell wrote:quints, for the initial push on sekinj, which now since challenged is steadily starting to flip
I don't understand your reasoning. Do you mean that because Qwints has been the first to bring up a case on Sekinj, and that it is now dwindling down to nothing, you find him suspicious? Do you believe my claim/role? Do you believe the information that my role has received, and I've told?
Gremwell wrote:Also MM for the recent silence when being questioned directly.
You've had recent silence too. Much more-so than MafiaMann, at least he has acknowledged the questions asked to him, whereas before you were deflecting rather than answering the questions directed at you.

---
Phew!
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Gremwell »

I was saying quints seems to be flip flopping on sekinj, but the way you put it, that is little reason to be suspicious right now.

I find the letter argument more important right now, and I do buy your claim, whether its a town role or not remains to be seen. but I do know someone has been sending letters, based on that I'm inclined to believe you.

as for my recent silence I didn't know there were questions being directed at me recently, and as for my speedy reply my other game just closed and the others are in night so I have more focus to devote to this game now.
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by sekinj »

I may be naïve but I do trust and believe Rage's claim and info. I think qwuintz looks suspicious for his answers to rage's questions about letters.

I quarter in one of the mansions wings so I guessed there was another. ThAd revealed the villiage inn and Night's death revealed the guest quarters. The one I didn't know about was the stables. I would guess Cass came from the other wing of the mansion.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by qwints »

I'm in the left wing of the mansion. My knowledge is what told me about the various rooms. Rage - there's nothing I can do to refute your knowledge. I think I've been consistent in my answers if unclear in my wording. My flavor text tells me I have acquired knowledge before the game started.

Furthermore, I've got no reason to suspect you rage. All I can say is I was truthful about my name. I count 4 people who seem to want a role claim from me - gremwell, sekinj, maryita and rage. If one more person requests, then I will claim.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by Rage »

Although this is a quote from Gremwell, what I'm going to say addresses everyone.
Gremwell wrote:I find the letter argument more important right now, and I do buy your claim, whether its a town role or not remains to be seen. but I do know someone has been sending letters, based on that I'm inclined to believe you.
Does anyone want to counterclaim my role?

And, yes, Gremwell, you do know that at least one letter has been sent.
qwints wrote:I'm in the left wing of the mansion. My knowledge is what told me about the various rooms. Rage - there's nothing I can do to refute your knowledge. I think I've been consistent in my answers if unclear in my wording. My flavor text tells me I have acquired knowledge before the game started.
I think I know what role you're hinting at.. but balance-wise it wouldn't make sense. That is, if you are pro-town. I won't say more until you've claimed, though, because otherwise I'm giving you wiggle room.
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Gremwell »

Rage wrote: And, yes, Gremwell, you do know that at least one letter has been sent.
just to clarify, are you saying that you sent me a letter? because if so, something is amiss, I received no letters.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by qwints »

Rage wrote: I think I know what role you're hinting at.. but balance-wise it wouldn't make sense. That is, if you are pro-town. I won't say more until you've claimed, though, because otherwise I'm giving you wiggle room.
1. I am not the baron.
2. My night power is non-traditional and fairly weak.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by Cass »

My top two suspects:

A shared first place goes to MM and Qwints. The first because of his unconstructive behaviour and my knowledge that the threat is supernatural - and he appears to be using magic. Whicxh he has failed to explain in any kind of reassuring way. Qwints for deliberately (?) misinterpreting information and for failing to give an explanation about Rage's accusation about the letters. Rage seems to be telling the truth about everything else, so I believe this part too. The evasiveness makes me think nighttalking. Like scum do. also mislike the naming of all te existing rooms. That was unnecessary and not very pro-town.
FoS: Qwints
I'd like you to claim.

Second place is Thinktank, also for wilfully misinterpreting stuff. (This place kinda shared with Mariyta, for being generally very scummy, especially on the early days. Frankly, I don't get why she wasn't lynched on day two...)

I also find Sekinj a bit suspect - but that is mainly because it is hard to trust a chancellor :D flavor-wise, the chancellor would be obv-scum. But as I said, her information is true, the trap was a smart and pro-town move imo and she seems to be scum-hunting.
@Sekinj: I do think it's time you shared one or two more bits of information now. Unless you've nothing of use, that would be a pity.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:42 am

Post by qwints »

Allright, here's my claim.

I am the Baroness. My full name is Lady Camille Vanderton. My power is an ability to move people between quarters at night and a one shot command ability for servants. I know that a messenger has come from the Prince to try to cleanse the area of a supernatural. (This was the information that came from a letter.) My predecessor never moved anyone.)

I have no choice but to reveal my identity and ask for loyalty from the servants.
Rage, I order you to vote for MafiaMann

vote MafiaMann

MafiaMann has failed to adequately explain what ensorsel meant and seems to be less than cooperative.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:53 am

Post by Mariyta »

qwints wrote:Allright, here's my claim.

I am the Baroness. My full name is Lady Camille Vanderton. My power is an ability to move people between quarters at night and a one shot command ability for servants. I know that a messenger has come from the Prince to try to cleanse the area of a supernatural. (This was the information that came from a letter.) My predecessor never moved anyone.)

I have no choice but to reveal my identity and ask for loyalty from the servants.
Rage, I order you to vote for MafiaMann

vote MafiaMann

MafiaMann has failed to adequately explain what ensorsel meant and seems to be less than cooperative.
That doesn't surprise me at all. If I'm remembering correctly, we know that the threat comes from close to the Baron (who closer than the Baroness?), and common lore always has the bad guy (or girl) hooking up with the local sorcerer to cause problems. My vote stays.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:13 am

Post by sekinj »

This claim does not clear qwints for me either. I'd like to see what others think of it as well.

However-
@mar: if quintz is the baroness and you believe she is hooking up with the sorcerer, do you believe as Rage does that MM is the sorcerer? If so, why would qwints be voting him?

@MM: I don't understand how it is pro-town for you to sit back and let us speculate so drastically. If you can make things clearer in any way, please do.

@qwints: do you know what purpose it serves to move people around between quarters?
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:15 am

Post by sekinj »

@pinHel: are you still playing?
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:26 am

Post by Gremwell »

Mariyta wrote: That doesn't surprise me at all. If I'm remembering correctly, we know that the threat comes from close to the Baron (who closer than the Baroness?), and common lore always has the bad guy (or girl) hooking up with the local sorcerer to cause problems. My vote stays.
This is nothing more than playing outguess the mod, I agree that Qwints isn't cleared, but no one really is
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:22 am

Post by qwints »

sekinj wrote: @qwints: do you know what purpose it serves to move people around between quarters?
No. I do know that they don't have to stay where I put them and that they can move around after that. This implies that others have the ability to move between quarters. Does anyone have that ability?

If I had to speculate, I would guess that scum might get an advantage from being in the same quarters as their target. Thus, my ability might slightly hinder scum or backfire and help them.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:02 am

Post by Mariyta »

sekinj wrote:This claim does not clear qwints for me either. I'd like to see what others think of it as well.

However-
@mar: if quintz is the baroness and you believe she is hooking up with the sorcerer, do you believe as Rage does that MM is the sorcerer? If so, why would qwints be voting him?
It would make quite a bit of sense for MM to be the sorcerer. Qwints is desperate at this point. Almost every scum I've seen in his situation is willing to throw their partner under the bus in a last-ditch effort. It's common scum strategy.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:13 am

Post by sekinj »

Mariyta wrote:
sekinj wrote:This claim does not clear qwints for me either. I'd like to see what others think of it as well.

However-
It would make quite a bit of sense for MM to be the sorcerer. Qwints is desperate at this point. Almost every scum I've seen in his situation is willing to throw their partner under the bus in a last-ditch effort. It's common scum strategy.
He is desperate enough to bus with 2 votes on him? and maybe even only 1 since he apparently has the ability to move Rage's vote to MM? This is his "last-ditch effort" before 4 other players vote him? he only claimed because enough people asked, not because he was under pressure of lynch.

FOS: Mar
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

Im a powerful pro town role why would you want me lynched? I find the "baroness" suspicous
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by Mariyta »

sekinj wrote:
Mariyta wrote:

However-
He is desperate enough to bus with 2 votes on him? and maybe even only 1 since he apparently has the ability to move Rage's vote to MM? This is his "last-ditch effort" before 4 other players vote him? he only claimed because enough people asked, not because he was under pressure of lynch.

FOS: Mar
He's acting like someone who knows they've been caught. In my experience, he's acting desperate. Pretty much everyone has named him in their top suspects list.
-Susan Ertz

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:03 am

Post by thinktank »

Yes, his ass is grass or so to speak.
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:29 am

Post by qwints »

Maybe rage isn't a servant....
This will only work if rage is not a servant-

thinktank vote:MafiaMann
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:23 am

Post by Mariyta »

qwints wrote:Maybe rage isn't a servant....
This will only work if rage is not a servant-

thinktank vote:MafiaMann
Why would you do that instead of wait for the mod?
-Susan Ertz

qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:52 am

Post by qwints »

I figured the mod would have checked the thread in the last 24 hours.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:25 am

Post by Mariyta »

qwints wrote:I figured the mod would have checked the thread in the last 24 hours.
I think sometimes he waits a couple days. Just out of curiosity, do you know what roles are "servants" or is it just a guessing game?
-Susan Ertz

qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by qwints »

I have no idea which roles are servants.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”