DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:09 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

VOTE: Tweetie
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:30 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1575, Misty Waters wrote:How about you go all in on the suicide bomber and bomb Firebringer
how about i do that and kill u instead.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:36 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ok let's start elimming folk

VOTE: tweetie
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Misty Waters
Misty Waters
Goon
Misty Waters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:42 am

Post by Misty Waters »

In post 1566, Elon Musk wrote:
In post 1565, Elon Musk wrote:MagicalRabbit, Titus, Salty for last 2 probably

-Elon
disagree on salty; all scum seemed to want that to go through. miiild disagree on titus cause of that gamma emerald speedwagon. tweetie is the best vote.

INVEST NOW

~musk
bbbbbut all of flipped scum were on gamma. we were reading it as scum piling on town.

I thought Firebringer had a hood with Auro. It should be noted that Auro almost exclusively spoke with flipped scum, Firebringer and Playing With Fire. I am not great at interpreting isos, so if someone else wants to give it a go, feel free.

Titus you had the largest wagon at one point and we have flips! Why aren't you doing any vca around this?
Misty Waters
Misty Waters
Goon
Misty Waters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:56 am

Post by Misty Waters »

In post 1574, TweetieTheMagicalRabbit wrote:i wouldn't mind dying, the main thing i feel about this game is guilty about lack of posting. i'll try and catchup later today but idk

-Hoppythemagicalkirk
I support you, in feeling guilty for not posting and we waste an elimination on you, and you flip town.

If you flip scum well, the game is pretty town-sided unless scum were super active from the get go and I don't think they were.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:03 am

Post by Firebringer »

btw i did manage to grab the doctor/governor so i could have used it on auro.
not like i saw auro death coming but still..
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:08 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1570, Misty Waters wrote:Math if I put money down on the neighborizer are you going to outbid me
I kinda want it but I am financially savvy and would rather not be neighborized by a scumread but if it happens it happens.
(Translation: Yes I am bidding but probably not as high as before)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:08 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1571, Misty Waters wrote:I want it and I want to neighborize you and we're going to talk about things like its a confessional ok i wanna take to church if you catch my gist
Nope I don’t sorry.

I also hate church.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Misty Waters
Misty Waters
Goon
Misty Waters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:12 am

Post by Misty Waters »

I'm bidding 25K on it is that ok?
Misty Waters
Misty Waters
Goon
Misty Waters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:13 am

Post by Misty Waters »

In post 1583, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1571, Misty Waters wrote:I want it and I want to neighborize you and we're going to talk about things like its a confessional ok i wanna take to church if you catch my gist
Nope I don’t sorry.

I also hate church.
its a joke mybad
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:14 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1584, Misty Waters wrote:I'm bidding 25K on it is that ok?
Maybe. You’re my scumread.

Why would I help you?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Misty Waters
Misty Waters
Goon
Misty Waters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:15 am

Post by Misty Waters »

In post 1581, Firebringer wrote:btw i did manage to grab the doctor/governor so i could have used it on auro.
not like i saw auro death coming but still..
we got a doc/governor shot too. I am not really understanding the wealth distribution at this point in this game, except we did real well with our investments but then we sold and now we are doing something else.

well, after that first week that is. we invested in gamestop because lol, that is what this game is about. The Great Gamestop Heist. I get all my coffee mugs there.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:17 am

Post by Firebringer »

i spent very little on my stuff but my stonks haven't been doing too well. i should haave all in on gamestonk
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:18 am

Post by Firebringer »

i feel like buying all gamestop was too cliche for this game tho
Show

Misty Waters
Misty Waters
Goon
Misty Waters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:32 am

Post by Misty Waters »

In post 1589, Firebringer wrote:i feel like buying all gamestop was too cliche for this game tho
except not everyone understood why that was a thing tho

or why it was (is), so important.

sometimes I feel like my whole life is a cliche. I can get pretty existential at times.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:33 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1590, Misty Waters wrote:except not everyone understood why that was a thing tho
who didn't understand that
Show

Misty Waters
Misty Waters
Goon
Misty Waters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:44 am

Post by Misty Waters »

In post 1591, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1590, Misty Waters wrote:except not everyone understood why that was a thing tho
who didn't understand that
I think town and scum players on both sides don't understand it. I think they don't understand that the game strategically centers around underground movements or why neighborhoods are so integral to the functioning of any type of movement that might take place.

I thought Brutalism would have picked up on the built-in nuance of that dynamic. So I had an expectation in place that town!them would have utilized this, it is what made their play feel so weird.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:50 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1579, Misty Waters wrote:Titus you had the largest wagon at one point and we have flips! Why aren't you doing any vca around this?
I did eyeball the vca. That's why I started to say Battle Mage should die. I need to revise it with an Auro flip. I still feel Salty and Mage are our best bets. I'm not casing them in time though.

VOTE: Tweetie

VLA this weekend
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Misty Waters
Misty Waters
Goon
Misty Waters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:51 am

Post by Misty Waters »

In post 1586, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1584, Misty Waters wrote:I'm bidding 25K on it is that ok?
Maybe. You’re my scumread.

Why would I help you?
Because I don't know how else to tell you that your thinking is magical.
You come in this game with this mentality
In post 1554, MathBlade wrote:I rarely if ever get time to read a full game on replace in and I am not invested enough to give a damn.
Which is extremely disrespectful players who are actually trying to play the game and then you come out with these reads.
In post 1548, MathBlade wrote:Misty Waters >> Scum PoE: Why is your slot still alive? GameStop suspected you, Cabd suspected you, I suspect you, claimed to get powers dirt cheap suspected inside influence which would be a good scum boost and thematically appropriate.
Battle Mage >> Scum PoE: Has done very little this game and could be a scum lurker finding me easy to take pot shots at.
Sweet and Salty >> Scum PoE: Cabd didn’t like Noraa’s posting and I didn’t like FL’s absence was almost a suicide bomb. If I had gotten it as well as Cabd they’d be dead or you would be.
Firebringer >> Cabd had them as lock town so I will veto FB ever from the grave.
Elon Musk >> ?? Don’t remember them much. Would be okay to wagon but they’re null rather than in the PoE.
Mathblade >> me :)
DrippingGoofball >> See Elon
TweetieTheMagicalRabbit >> See Elon
Titus >> Hasn’t hunted far as I can tell and just memed. Scum PoE.
Playing With Fire >> LLD shooting a scum buddy makes sense since all she’s done is rile up the thread with the vig shot and take away town PR via threatening Cabd who was coaching me.

My nulls are probably town due to limited scum so I want in that PoE today if possible. If not I will just make minimum posting and just bide time til scum kill me or we win.
Let's break down each one of these individual.

Misty Waters - So your scumread isn't actually founded on anything. It's "Me and 2 other players suspect them." This isn't logic. This is "I think blue is a better color than red. Do you disagree? If yes well fuck you honestly also I hate anyone who disagrees with me and this clique of people I agree with." Like the appeal to authority is so disrespectful at this stage of the game.
Why wouldn't our slot be alive? Why you and those 2 other players matter? Can you not think for yourself????????
Oh wait, you're ego is so off the fucking charts that you think you're above reading a game so therefore you have to rely on other players to think for you because you just can't be asked to make an attempt to form your opinion.
Wow.
Amazing.
Really fucking amazing player you are buddy.

As for your actual "logical argument" that its suspect to get powers for dirt cheap, how is bidding a very low amount of money on powers to get information on if other people bid on them scummy? If I don't get the power then I get information that someone else got the power. If I get the power then I get the power for extremely cheap.
Did you actually think this through MathBlade or did you just turn of your brain and go "THIS PERSON GOT ITEMS FOR LOW AMOUNTS OF MONEY???????? THATS REALLY WEIRD, THERE'S NO WAY THAT COULD HAVE POSSIBLY HAPPENED" without thinking about why anyone would actually want to do that.

But lets go on.

Battle Mage - Oh so Battle Mage did very little but also he's more suspect than Tweetie and Elon???????????? Or do you just have a problem with him taking pot shots????? Like I get the impression you just don't care, you're just getting attacked for your "magical" play, therefore you think its scummy. Oh also you won't read the game to try to get an actual read because you're not invested enough to give a dam. If you did read the game you could be able to reach a different conclusion because you can see what he was doing before you joined the game. But no you just can't give a dam!

Sweet and Salty - Oh so we have the appeal to authority again because you can't be asked to read the game. If you actually read the game you'll find out that Sweet and Salty was being wagoned for some magical reason, I call out someone for calling Sweet and Salty's "intent to self hammer" hallow, and then I get attacked by Auro + Firebringer for calling out said player and shutting down wagons that were being formed randomly and for magical reasons.

Firebringer - Appeal to authority because you can't think for yourself.

Elon/DGB/Tweetie - THIS ISN'T EVEN HOW A PROCESS OF ELIMINATION WORKS MATHBLADE
A POE IS FORMED BY GOING FROM MOST TOWNIE TO LEAST TOWNIE
HOW ARE THESE PLAYERS MORE TOWNIE THAN THE PLAYERS THAT ARE ACTIVELY PLAYING
WHAT

Titus - GE WAS LITERALLY RANDOM WAGONED BY 3 FLIPPED SCUM + FIREBRINGER, BATTLE MAGE, AND YOUR SLOT.
YOU KNOW YOUR TOWN
YOU SUSPECT BATTLE MAGE
AND I AM SUGGESTING THAT FIREBRINGER IS ALIGNED WITH AURO
HOW CAN YOU ACTUALLY REACH THIS FUCKING CONCLUSION THAT THIS PLAYER IS SCUM WHEN 3 FLIPPED SCUM AS WELL AS 1 PERSON YOU SCUMREAD PARTICIPATED IN THIS WAGON
NOW YOU WOULD KNOW THIS IF YOU ACTUALLY READ THE GAME
BUT NOPE
YOU CAN'T BE ASKED TO GIVE A DAM TO READ A GAME THAT YOU REPLACED INTO

ALSO TITUS HAS BEEN HUNTING SINCE REPLACE IN AND HAS BEEN DOING TITUS THINGS
SHE LEGIT IS JUST TRYING TO GET COUNTERWAGONS GOING TO SEE WHO BITES AND WAGON INFO BECAUSE THATS HOW TOWN!TITUS CONDUCTS ITSELF
SHE IS HUNTING MATHBLADE
THIS IS JUST HOW TOWN!TITUS CONDUCTS HERSELF

PLAYING WITH FIRE - YES LLD CAN SHOOT HER SCUMBUDDY. WOW AMAZING ANALYSIS MATHBLADE.
IS SHE SCUM WHO SHOT HER SCUMBUDDY OR IS SHE TOWN WHO SHOT SCUM
YOU COULD FIND OUT IF YOU READ THE GAME BUT NOPE

YOU CAN'T BE ASKED TO GIVE A DAM YOU'RE NOT INVESTED.

LIKE ITS SO DISRESPECTFUL TO NOT READ THE GAME YOU REPLACED INTO BECAUSE YOU CAN'T BE ASKED TO GIVE A DAM AND THEN PLAY LIKE THIS
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:57 am

Post by MathBlade »

Reading a game upon replace in is not always necessary.

Titus almost never does.

Vibes and current tracks are usually more important than that.

Why would I give a damn if I am threatened to be shot simply for existing? So I just use the game to get better town tips and move onto the next one.

If you threaten me with death I either A> focus on survival or B> focus on improvement or leaving the game in a better state

I sure as hell am not reading pages with that threat. It’s stupid to do so because then you die while reading.

And mafia is meant to be fun.

Wagon skims and main events are usually enough to see if there’s a deep wolf and there is.

Just because I don’t play like you doesn’t mean disrespectful. Just different.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:58 am

Post by MathBlade »

I will not engage you while you are yelling like that.

It is not fun.

Instead I will maintain Tweetie probably town but do your thing and I will hammer (if I can count) to save clock time.

When you want to be civil let me know.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Misty Waters
Misty Waters
Goon
Misty Waters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:00 am

Post by Misty Waters »

I don't know how to tell you that none of your conclusions make sense and that its actively frustrating me.
I can work with you if you care about playing the game properly, I know this, I just don't know how to get you to actually play this game properly.
Misty Waters
Misty Waters
Goon
Misty Waters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:03 am

Post by Misty Waters »

mollie is telling me to back off cuz how I'm trying to address you just isn't fair for you and I honestly just, didn't know this somehow?
I'm going to bed.
there's logic in there and this whole situation is frustrating for me and I don't know how to express myself without getting frustrated so the least I can do is just apologize.

sorry.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:04 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1597, Misty Waters wrote:I don't know how to tell you that none of your conclusions make sense and that its actively frustrating me.
I can work with you if you care about playing the game properly, I know this, I just don't know how to get you to actually play this game properly.
And I am playing this game properly.

I am stating my reads that are largely mechanics driven/event driven.

We have a lot of scum death. That means with the high volume of town it’s much more likely for at least one deep wolf but the right strategic play is just elimming the scummiest I just think it’s fruitless as they aren’t in my PoE.

It’s also antitown to get into a yelling fight with you so you do whatever you want, I wait until you have miselimmed a ton of town and my case is made for me there is a deep wolf and then just by that point I will have enough wagons to figure out which.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”