Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:33 am

Post by Dannflor »

bugspray has the type of tone that I just have a really hard time not reading as towny

posts like #566 feels like the type of very simple/flippant justification that town is more likely to throw out there on a whim than scum. granted I don't know bugspray at all as a player but I'm pocketed

something like

[bugspray, clidd]
[alice, dgb, Klick]
[gretchen, rlotus]
[amelie]
[mini, geraintm]

this is a very loose approximation of where I'm at right now. April excluded until I get a chance to properly interact with her. I'm sort of in a weird position where I think a lot of the people currently pushing my slot are town and scum lie somewhere in the people defending me. However, I'm thinking the slots that have been hard defending more lean more towards town [rlotus, klick] for example while scum is *most likely* to lie in slots that are either soft defending me or not taking a strong stance either way, for example [mini, geraintm]

VOTE: geraintm
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:34 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 676, geraintm wrote:no one to me feels like they are obvious scum
also while I feel this is true, I'm not getting the sense that everyone just has reasons to be town

there are a number of slots that I'm quite simply just luke-warm on and it's disappointing to me that no major wagons have been built on them to try and change that fact today
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:55 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 701, Dannflor wrote:
In post 676, geraintm wrote:no one to me feels like they are obvious scum
also while I feel this is true, I'm not getting the sense that everyone just has reasons to be town

there are a number of slots that I'm quite simply just luke-warm on and it's disappointing to me that no major wagons have been built on them to try and change that fact today
Then help with the Alice k one
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:58 am

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: Alive
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:20 am

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: Alice*
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:14 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 699, Dannflor wrote:
In post 676, geraintm wrote:Dannflor has come in and done their best to look townie, but they've got nothing to work with. Klick does seem really eager to spread their votes around though.
geriantm can you explain further what you mean here? Are you scum reading Klick for this? Town reading me? I'm having trouble getting a grasp on what your stances are in this game because a lot of your posts feel like just straight up observations
Klick voted clidd, dripping goodwill, April and clidd. Wants to vote me too. They give me the impression of someone trying to start many wagons and their votes not holding up (like saying they think clidd is scum, but saying they don't want to vote for them, meandering elsewhere and then coming back to clidd).
I am not saying scum, I never do day 1 because only scum know scum kn day 1, but I will point out people who's voting patterns I dont like.

You, I'm not scum reading you, I'm nkt town reading you. I was just trying to say since your entrance you've done what you can from a crappy position.

Day 1 I am all about observations, I am on record for hating day 1 and wishing we could all skip it
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:35 am

Post by bugspray »

gerain sr on klick makes sense but could come from either perspective

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:38 am

Post by bugspray »

mm also looks scummy

Gretchen
Gretchen
Goon
Gretchen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:38 am

Post by Gretchen »

In post 647, Dannflor wrote:hello :)

I have dnd this afternoon but I'll read and catchup this evening
In post 652, Dannflor wrote:I will as soon as I've finished reading :)

how are you reading my slot?
very mafy emojis you're using here Danny boi
Gretchen
Gretchen
Goon
Gretchen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:43 am

Post by Gretchen »

In post 695, Dannflor wrote:gretchen #594 is gross but that might mean town
what do you mean?
Gretchen
Gretchen
Goon
Gretchen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:49 am

Post by Gretchen »

Dannflor's come in and run a storm and he says convincing thing and makes good arguments, but most of them are based on the premise he's town and how maf would be reacting in such a gamestate. UGH you're so hard to read. i do agree with all of that though, maf are probably soft defending or vanity voting other players rather than hard defending or pushing

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

DANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

i don't like the alice wagon though
HypoSoc
HypoSoc
Townie
HypoSoc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:06 am

Post by HypoSoc »

In post 662, Dannflor wrote:HypSoc, I'm interested in how you've been reading my slot/my predecessors and what you think of the people wagoning me. From your ISO it's hard to tell what stance you have exactly on me.
I am not reading your slot as particularly scummy, but I am willing to flip your slot based on what it would reveal for others. I never was on that wagon.

That comment was in response to you crickets, because action WAS waiting on you. I was trying to give you an immediate summary so we could move on, rather than wait for 25 pages of analysis.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:16 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 709, Gretchen wrote:
In post 695, Dannflor wrote:gretchen #594 is gross but that might mean town
what do you mean?
I mean the speculating based on replace out is kinda dubious from a playing mafia as ethically as possible standpoint

but it also feels like the type of reachy argument town goes for more often than not

idk maybe I believe too much in the good of people that mafia would stray away from using angle shooting arguments like that, or that people wouldn't argue like that if they didn't really believe in it
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:17 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 706, bugspray wrote:gerain sr on klick makes sense but could come from either perspective
In post 707, bugspray wrote:mm also looks scummy
I would wagon both of these slots but I'd wait on MM until they get a replacement I guess
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:18 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 711, HypoSoc wrote:
In post 662, Dannflor wrote:HypSoc, I'm interested in how you've been reading my slot/my predecessors and what you think of the people wagoning me. From your ISO it's hard to tell what stance you have exactly on me.
I am not reading your slot as particularly scummy, but I am willing to flip your slot based on what it would reveal for others. I never was on that wagon.

That comment was in response to you crickets, because action WAS waiting on you. I was trying to give you an immediate summary so we could move on, rather than wait for 25 pages of analysis.
would flipping my slot reveal anything particularly for you?

what are your strongest stances/reads in the game right now?
HypoSoc
HypoSoc
Townie
HypoSoc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:43 am

Post by HypoSoc »

In post 714, Dannflor wrote:would flipping my slot reveal anything particularly for you?

The two questions are related.

MiniMegabyte is my strongest scum read, and if your slot is scum, that would confirm it even more. I would rather vote of MM directly (which I am), but because most discussion has been on your slot, it would be informative. Nor have I gotten the impression that your slot is particularly important, if it turns out you are town, based on how the other players in your slot have reacted.

My strongest stance is believing Alice's claim. I take claims very seriously, and I've determined it's a believable one. I have also determined it is important to strongly and visibly show my support for this particular role claim, because players reactions to my declarations help inform my reads, and because player activity can influence night kills.
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:47 am

Post by RLotus »

In post 688, RLotus wrote:
In post 681, clidd wrote:
In post 679, RLotus wrote: So the vote was a reaction test or the unvote was a reaction test?
This second question was an unnecessary extension.
Can you answer it
Well since you won't I'll just explain my thought process. I can't understand what you stand to gain in making a reaction test and then immediately back off from it. Unless you were trying to see what April would say? I know I didn't know that April would respond in particular.

Also, clidd, why are you being guarded this game?

After pondering what this means for your alignment, I'm beginning to think this answer to no one and compromise for no one attitude you've got going on probably comes from a town conviction. Maybe he can do this "I don't care what you think of my alignment" act as scum, but I'm leaning town for now.
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:59 am

Post by RLotus »

At first I got scum feeling from HypoSoc in the way he was trusting in April's claim, because I thought it was clear that it wasn't a serious claim. It was as if he is scum that knows April is town. Then, several other people seemed to be taking April's claim seriously, so maybe not out of the ordinary after all? He is now doubling down on believing the claim, so maybe it is just scum.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:04 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 715, HypoSoc wrote:
In post 714, Dannflor wrote:would flipping my slot reveal anything particularly for you?

The two questions are related.

MiniMegabyte is my strongest scum read, and if your slot is scum, that would confirm it even more. I would rather vote of MM directly (which I am), but because most discussion has been on your slot, it would be informative. Nor have I gotten the impression that your slot is particularly important, if it turns out you are town, based on how the other players in your slot have reacted.

My strongest stance is believing Alice's claim. I take claims very seriously, and I've determined it's a believable one. I have also determined it is important to strongly and visibly show my support for this particular role claim, because players reactions to my declarations help inform my reads, and because player activity can influence night kills.
Can you walk me through why my scum flip means MM is more likely to be scum?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:06 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 717, RLotus wrote:At first I got scum feeling from HypoSoc in the way he was trusting in April's claim, because I thought it was clear that it wasn't a serious claim. It was as if he is scum that knows April is town. Then, several other people seemed to be taking April's claim seriously, so maybe not out of the ordinary after all? He is now doubling down on believing the claim, so maybe it is just scum.
idk if I'm getting the same impressions from the doubling down
HypoSoc
HypoSoc
Townie
HypoSoc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:28 am

Post by HypoSoc »

In post 717, RLotus wrote:At first I got scum feeling from HypoSoc in the way he was trusting in April's claim, because I thought it was clear that it wasn't a serious claim. It was as if he is scum that knows April is town. Then, several other people seemed to be taking April's claim seriously, so maybe not out of the ordinary after all? He is now doubling down on believing the claim, so maybe it is just scum.
I take all role claims seriously. If you make a non serious role claim, I'd call for a policy elimination.

April has made NO indication that it was a random, non serious claim. Why are you so quick to dismiss actual legitimate declarations? They have no retracted it. They have consistently acted as though that claim is real for DAYS now. It's not like the other statements they made in this thread.
Dannflor wrote:
In post 715, HypoSoc wrote: Can you walk me through why my scum flip means MM is more likely to be scum?
Because of how they acted to mitigate the wagon on you and direct it to April. It fits a pattern of scum you, scum MM, and town April. You flipping town means that efforts to stop your wagon aren't nearly as suspicious.

The innocent child is a weird role, from a scum's perspective. They need the IC dead eventually, because it mikes LyLo situations for them so much worse, but it is much better to kill the legitimate power roles at night.

With a not activated Innocent Child, like what April claims to be, scum me would make a concentrated effort to get them eliminated in the day vote before they activate. E.g. I would act like MM or Klick.

So, I am VERY suspicious of people trying to get a vote going on April.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:32 am

Post by Dannflor »

HypoSoc, what would you say if I could point you to games of both alignments by April where she's fake claimed IC? The only reason I'm not taking it seriously is because I know the history of that player and they do things like fake claim IC often

It's funny because I'm also scum reading MM for soft defending me, but only because I think scum is more likely to not want to take responsibility for my flip
AliceK
AliceK
Goon
AliceK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:51 am

Post by AliceK »

Ahh I dropped in activity. I think my wagon is a little bit forced by bugspray for some reason.
AliceK
AliceK
Goon
AliceK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:55 am

Post by AliceK »

I am 100% sure that bugspray, April are Town.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: minimegabyte