Misty Waters
Misty Waters
Goon
Misty Waters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:50 pm

Post by Misty Waters »

In post 447, Gypyx wrote:and yeah exactly ! if they're a villager it doesn't make sense, so why are they saying they will?
It doesn't make sense for them to drop a self-hammer when there have been no reactions to it at all, nothing, zero. If they're a villager and thats something they want to do, they'll wait for more reactions to pop up so they can be analyzed. This is the only thing that makes sense to do.
This makes me think you just don't get the point or are intentionally missing it completely.

--
In post 447, Gypyx wrote:disagree on scum wanting to live the longest possible though
I'm entitled to my opinion or I have a right to my opinion is a logical fallacy in which a person discredits any opposition by claiming that they are entitled to their opinion. The statement exemplifies a red herring or thought-terminating cliché.

--
In post 449, Gypyx wrote:yeah idk, odds are higher that they actually go on with it if they aren't in hammer range...

need to think about this, but there's definetly enough that happened
No there isn't?
He literally just showed up said he was going to self-hammer and only 3 other players posted.
You encouraging this can only be good for scum.
Misty Waters
Misty Waters
Goon
Misty Waters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:54 pm

Post by Misty Waters »

Like legit people just put down votes on Sweet and Salty cuz no one actually wants to try to form reads or play the game in an actual intelligent manor, they immediately claim intent to self and nothing has happened since then, but here you are now saying "Ya, that's just a hollow threat" Like???????????????

It's like the game is at a 18 page RVS where no one wants to be proactive. Like?????????
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:58 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 450, Misty Waters wrote:
In post 447, Gypyx wrote:and yeah exactly ! if they're a villager it doesn't make sense, so why are they saying they will?
It doesn't make sense for them to drop a self-hammer when there have been no reactions to it at all, nothing, zero. If they're a villager and thats something they want to do, they'll wait for more reactions to pop up so they can be analyzed. This is the only thing that makes sense to do.
This makes me think you just don't get the point or are intentionally missing it completely.
nah i get what you're saying but like, why are you *completely* ignoring the possibility of them being scum AtE'ing or litterally anything????

--
In post 447, Gypyx wrote:disagree on scum wanting to live the longest possible though
I'm entitled to my opinion or I have a right to my opinion is a logical fallacy in which a person discredits any opposition by claiming that they are entitled to their opinion. The statement exemplifies a red herring or thought-terminating cliché.

--
In post 449, Gypyx wrote:yeah idk, odds are higher that they actually go on with it if they aren't in hammer range...

No there isn't?
He literally just showed up said he was going to self-hammer and only 3 other players posted.
[/quote]

ah yes of course, you judge if someone is gonna self-hammer by the other people's reaction

imo S&S's posts all revolve in some way around being disengaged and stuff, so they could possibly self-hammer, especially as scum

and like, wtf, tell me where i'm fucking encouraging self-hammers, cuz i don't see it fellow human being
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:00 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 451, Misty Waters wrote:Like legit people just put down votes on Sweet and Salty cuz no one actually wants to try to form reads or play the game in an actual intelligent manor, they immediately claim intent to self and nothing has happened since then, but here you are now saying "Ya, that's just a hollow threat" Like???????????????

It's like the game is at a 18 page RVS where no one wants to be proactive. Like?????????
well, felt like that mostly 'cause i thought they were at 7 votes, still kinda valid imo, as you probably don't announce a self-hammer if youactually wanna go down with it

and anyways, i'll go away for 30 minutes or so, need to take a chill
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Misty Waters
Misty Waters
Goon
Misty Waters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:06 pm

Post by Misty Waters »

In post 452, Gypyx wrote:nah i get what you're saying but like, why are you *completely* ignoring the possibility of them being scum AtE'ing or litterally anything????
In post 445, Misty Waters wrote:2nd - no scum does this in the history of ever, and I'm not sure why you think they would start doing it in nightless
The burden is on you to explain why its happening, since you're the one thats suggesting its scum motivated.

--
In post 452, Gypyx wrote:
You just said you disagree like its forces me to concede my argument when you're just saying that you're entitled to your opinion and you're not trying to argue against it.

--
In post 452, Gypyx wrote:

No there isn't?
ah yes of course, you judge if someone is gonna self-hammer by the other people's reaction

imo S&S's posts all revolve in some way around being disengaged and stuff, so they could possibly self-hammer, especially as scum

and like, wtf, tell me where i'm fucking encouraging self-hammers, cuz i don't see it fellow human being[/quote]No, you allow people to react to it so you can sort out the other players who are reacting to you saying you're going to self, post what you think is happening in the game, die, and put the rest of the game up to the villagers to carry.
You're saying its possible but you're not saying why they would want to do that or what that would be achieving.
You're encouraging it by calling it hollow. Doing this basically puts more pressure onto Sweet and Salty to actually commit to the play.
Misty Waters
Misty Waters
Goon
Misty Waters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:09 pm

Post by Misty Waters »

In post 453, Gypyx wrote:well, felt like that mostly 'cause i thought they were at 7 votes, still kinda valid imo, as you probably don't announce a self-hammer if youactually wanna go down with it
There's no reason for town!Sweet and Salty to not announce intent to self. It gives them a chance to talk and engage with the players. It allows them to improve their reads. If they actually want to commit to the self-hammer because they feel like their flip is important for some reason, they have that option as well after they obtained some reads that they can feel a bit better about. Announcing intent to self allows them to do more things as a player as not doing that and just selfing.
Sweet and Salty
Sweet and Salty
Townie
Sweet and Salty
Townie
Townie

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:11 pm

Post by Sweet and Salty »

Anyone who thinks I'm the type to ever give any hollow threats...Try me. I dare you

~Salt
Noraa: *adding a smol pinch of sugar*
Flavor: *dumping salt in*
Noraa: STOP >:(
Flavor: NOE
Misty Waters
Misty Waters
Goon
Misty Waters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:11 pm

Post by Misty Waters »

Okay FL or you could not self hammer, and allow us to neighborize you so we can help you get into the game
Sweet and Salty
Sweet and Salty
Townie
Sweet and Salty
Townie
Townie

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:12 pm

also, look how much discussion came from little old me, self int'ing.

analysis people, that's how you get it

I standby the will self hammer at E-1, consider me Hated.

I rarely check up on this game, though, so you'll have to give it time if I get to E-1

~Salt
Sweet and Salty
Sweet and Salty
Townie
Sweet and Salty
Townie
Townie

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:13 pm

In post 457, Misty Waters wrote:Okay FL or you could not self hammer, and allow us to neighborize you so we can help you get into the game

Or I could self hammer harder
Sweet and Salty
Sweet and Salty
Townie
Sweet and Salty
Townie
Townie

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:13 pm

can someone give me a double vote? Is that something that can happen in this game?

Ill trade all my money for a double vote
Sweet and Salty
Sweet and Salty
Townie
Sweet and Salty
Townie
Townie

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:14 pm

In post 453, Gypyx wrote:as you probably don't announce a self-hammer if youactually wanna go down with it

If I ain't making a splash, why jump into the water at all?
Misty Waters
Misty Waters
Goon
Misty Waters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:15 pm

Post by Misty Waters »

In post 460, Sweet and Salty wrote:can someone give me a double vote? Is that something that can happen in this game?

Ill trade all my money for a double vote
If you vote with me you get to act as a doublevoter
Sweet and Salty
Sweet and Salty
Townie
Sweet and Salty
Townie
Townie

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:15 pm

just so it's clear, this post was not indicative of the posts above it being my posts, Sweet posted the ones above that post, I just posted the -Salt post as a do nothing type of post but wanting to post post
Misty Waters
Misty Waters
Goon
Misty Waters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:38 pm

Post by Misty Waters »

In post 457, Misty Waters wrote:Okay FL or you could not self hammer, and allow us to neighborize you so we can help you get into the game
when i wrote this i forgot that mollie wasn't actually sure on neighborizing you guys and wanted to neighborize someone else instead (at least when we talked recently), but if we do get the neighborizer, I'll throw the idea out to mollie and we'll consider neighborizing you guys. You were one the names that came up in our list of potential targets so...
Playing With Fire
Playing With Fire
Goon
Playing With Fire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:03 pm

Post by Playing With Fire »

We're alive. It's right before inventory at work and it's a bit more chaotic than I thought it'd be a week ago; I'll be around more during the weekend.
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/xe

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:01 am

Post by Mistyx »

In post 445, Misty Waters wrote:2nd - no scum does this in the history of ever, and I'm not sure why you think they would start doing it in nightless
i dont agree with this

i think its an easy threat scum can make if they
aren't
within hammer range
GameStop
GameStop
Townie
GameStop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:51 am

Post by GameStop »

Id rather not fade sweet n salty. Im not really town reading them, but im not scum reading them either.
GameStop
GameStop
Townie
GameStop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:52 am

Post by GameStop »

Im so rich right now!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

limited access for next 72 hours
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Brutalism
Brutalism
Goon
Brutalism
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:07 am

Post by Brutalism »

In post 426, Brutalism wrote:I don't understand what Gypyx is complaining about. We have a few things we'd like to address soon, but the Sweet and Salty wagon is decent at best.

-Cement urban hell
We talked about this a bit more and had a change of heart. The Salty wagon is worthless even if it came from a place of overreaction;not atypical for Noraa.
unwnd is Cement urban hell. Cabd is Scorched earth.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:31 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 470, Brutalism wrote:
In post 426, Brutalism wrote:I don't understand what Gypyx is complaining about. We have a few things we'd like to address soon, but the Sweet and Salty wagon is decent at best.

-Cement urban hell
We talked about this a bit more and had a change of heart. The Salty wagon is worthless even if it came from a place of overreaction;not atypical for Noraa.
nice prodge
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:32 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 455, Misty Waters wrote:
In post 453, Gypyx wrote:well, felt like that mostly 'cause i thought they were at 7 votes, still kinda valid imo, as you probably don't announce a self-hammer if youactually wanna go down with it
There's no reason for town!Sweet and Salty to not announce intent to self. It gives them a chance to talk and engage with the players. It allows them to improve their reads. If they actually want to commit to the self-hammer because they feel like their flip is important for some reason, they have that option as well after they obtained some reads that they can feel a bit better about. Announcing intent to self allows them to do more things as a player as not doing that and just selfing.
It means nothing and doesn't make them town. You have gotten ridiculous to the point ur calling people threatening to yeet themselves as something no scum would do when u know that is dumb on the surface of saying.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:34 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 451, Misty Waters wrote:Like legit people just put down votes on Sweet and Salty cuz no one actually wants to try to form reads or play the game in an actual intelligent manor, they immediately claim intent to self and nothing has happened since then, but here you are now saying "Ya, that's just a hollow threat" Like???????????????

we are never getting out of rvs and its because u don't want anyone voting without ur permission.

Wow i can straw man people too.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:35 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 468, GameStop wrote:Im so rich right now!
just like they saay with bitcoin. its a bubble.
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”