Goon
cassowary
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:13 am

Post by cassowary »

In post 790, MathBlade wrote:Sell me I am wrong on Grendel.

Like really sell me.

Because I really don’t think I am.

But maybe you can convince me
forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, but I don't even really see where you made much of a case on Grendel beyond this which came quite a while after you started pushing him:
In post 457, MathBlade wrote:Grendel I have scum pings on because the VCA is just weird and filled with assumptions like why stop at both town? Why not consider all possibilities? I kinda think Grendel is scum and one has to be scum or if they are both town then Grendel may be truth telling.
but like, what was the reasoning in , for example? it seems like you've been tunnelling grendel/jesse pretty hard for a while, and I'm open to the possibility that you're right, but it's hard to 'disprove' it when you haven't really made much of a coherent case imo

I'm not scumreading Grendel right now really, he seems pretty engaged and mostly solving-focused. there are quite a few people I would pick over grendel today (including you, math :p) so you're going to need to make a stronger case, I think.
"i can't relate to this world, i'm not bored enough"
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:22 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 795, Dannflor wrote:I am uncrowned. I'm extremely busy today so I'm just popping in whenever I get the chance.

Mathblade, would you mind resummarizing your case on Grendel?
Sure after you explain why you townread Grendel.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:23 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 800, cassowary wrote:
In post 790, MathBlade wrote:Sell me I am wrong on Grendel.

Like really sell me.

Because I really don’t think I am.

But maybe you can convince me
forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, but I don't even really see where you made much of a case on Grendel beyond this which came quite a while after you started pushing him:
In post 457, MathBlade wrote:Grendel I have scum pings on because the VCA is just weird and filled with assumptions like why stop at both town? Why not consider all possibilities? I kinda think Grendel is scum and one has to be scum or if they are both town then Grendel may be truth telling.
but like, what was the reasoning in , for example? it seems like you've been tunnelling grendel/jesse pretty hard for a while, and I'm open to the possibility that you're right, but it's hard to 'disprove' it when you haven't really made much of a coherent case imo

I'm not scumreading Grendel right now really, he seems pretty engaged and mostly solving-focused. there are quite a few people I would pick over grendel today (including you, math :p) so you're going to need to make a stronger case, I think.
I would rather everyone speak on Grendel first so you’ll see why.

I promise you’ll like my case.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:24 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 520, MathBlade wrote:
In post 519, GreyICE wrote:Math there's literally no bit of that you read:
In post 507, MathBlade wrote:Leading slanted question.

You’d probably have that shape your Grendel read possibly. Like why he went from Porkens is scum to now blatantly sheeping you?
You can continue to babble about the "right way" and "wrong way" to play the game. That sort of sanctimonious fart sucking belongs in Mafia Discussion, not this thread.

I see no evidence that you're making an effort to scumhunt, here and now, in this thread. This shit seems more to build a town cred than any flavor of actual fucking logical thought process.
Cool. So you’ve chosen the stupid way.

Going to work. Was really hoping to get associations from you.

VOTE: GreyICE

You really are pretty disloyal to me and that’s obvious. I just don’t need the disses from you.
In post 521, GreyICE wrote:Feel free to bitch about my disloyalty in the dead thread.
Yes I am posting about GreyICE but my case is similar to this on Grendel.

Moonlogic
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:27 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 736, MathBlade wrote:I think if it was hammer VCs are gonna be weird.

*sniffs at Grendel*

Do you have a reads list?
I mean my case involves my nose.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:28 am

Post by MathBlade »

So please maybe I am wrong here and my nose is broken.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:35 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 791, Flea The Magician wrote:Also my last RVS vote was #

I didn't think it was that late an exit, honestly.

I really wanna see more from Mark and Uncrowned though
... or did uncrowned get replaced...

PEDIT: Love you too grey <3
[My underline above]
*Looks at his own postcount in the activity overview*

*looks at Flea's*

*grimaces awkwardly*

PS - Love you really Flea :3
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:39 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 784, Dannflor wrote:Marky mark big scum
You're consistent with your predecessor at least :P Care to explain why?
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:44 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 369, GreyICE wrote:I don't really care what your alignment is. We're lynching fidget today. It can be with you or over you.
In post 367, GreyICE wrote:Math, shut the fuck up and vote Fidget. If you're a buddy bus, you know you don't want world war greyice
In post 371, GreyICE wrote:Of course I'm going to be stubborn. Fidget is literally obvious scum. You can roleplay as Titus, or we can do something useful.
This isn't looking too great in hindsight.

That being said, I still think NK15 is super scummy here so VOTE: NK 15.

For the benefit of those who have just joined us, they pushed me and then tried to back it up with the very damning evidence of me saying 'please' and 'mate'. Go ISO them - it's an entertaining read.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:50 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 808, Marky Mark wrote:For the benefit of those who have just joined us, they pushed me and then tried to back it up with the very damning evidence of me saying 'please' and 'mate'. Go ISO them - it's an entertaining read.
this definitely sounds like something scum does
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:51 am

Post by Marky Mark »

Flea | Math | Grice | Uncrowned were the slots not on the Jake Wagon

From a scum POV, I don't think there's loads of need to vote Jake late D1. There were no other wagons that looked likely to go through, so was a choice between miselim Jake or have no elim from a scum POV.

From a town POV, not eliming is usually bad, so while Jake was a compromise option, I'd be expecting people to be pretty keen to take it over nothing to make sure that an elim went through.

So all of this is to say, that the town slots had more reason to vote Jake late D1 than the scum slots did, as far as I can reason. Ergo, the slots not on the wagon have a good chance of containing at least some scum.

--pedit - I'm glad you can see it too. Ultimately, it was trying to make my posts fit their model of the game rather than vice versa.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:06 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 810, Marky Mark wrote:Flea | Math | Grice | Uncrowned were the slots not on the Jake Wagon

From a scum POV, I don't think there's loads of need to vote Jake late D1. There were no other wagons that looked likely to go through, so was a choice between miselim Jake or have no elim from a scum POV.

From a town POV, not eliming is usually bad, so while Jake was a compromise option, I'd be expecting people to be pretty keen to take it over nothing to make sure that an elim went through.

So all of this is to say, that the town slots had more reason to vote Jake late D1 than the scum slots did, as far as I can reason. Ergo, the slots not on the wagon have a good chance of containing at least some scum.

--pedit - I'm glad you can see it too. Ultimately, it was trying to make my posts fit their model of the game rather than vice versa.
I agree and probably Grey or Titus then Flea.

But pair one of them with Grendel. Just trust me on this or pretend as a thought experiment.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:18 am

Post by MathBlade »

I am also 95% sure we elim Grendel today too and this goes to 8v2

Now assuming Grendel flips red and no shenanigans Vig shoots in the GreyIce Titus Flea Dann pool preferably not Titus as I want a chance to see her play and maybe spew scum.

Scum wake up and kill me this time is probably how this day is going to go.

It’s just a matter of who can read between the lines here.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:19 am

Post by MathBlade »

And for the record that’s a I townread Misty.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:20 am

Post by MathBlade »

And I am pro flavor claim simply because Grendel doesn’t want it and neither does Grey.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:21 am

Post by MathBlade »

Jessee can also be in the vig pool but we are elimming Grendel.

Much as people don’t realize it yet.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:22 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

Says everything about my thoughts on your slot mark if you're triple my post count and I'm like "new slot who dis" :P

PEDIT If I think I'm getting shot, I'm firing my ability. Jus sayin.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:24 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 816, Flea The Magician wrote:Says everything about my thoughts on your slot mark if you're triple my post count and I'm like "new slot who dis" :P

PEDIT If I think I'm getting shot, I'm firing my ability. Jus sayin.
Cool then you’re out of the vig pool.

Who’s scum with Grendel?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:29 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

I'd probably say Mark just from grendels interactions, asking me about meta despite already me claiming 1 games worth of it and then using it as a hop off seems odd, as does the whole progression there. Like its wanting to engage but at the same time, seems to be just for show...
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:31 am

Post by Dannflor »

my flavor is Yumeko Jabami

some anime character
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:32 am

Post by Titus »

Guys, can we try to keep the double or more posts in a row under control? I get I'm a guilty offender but it makes it really hard to catch up on my lunch break. I know I catch up with multiple posts in a row, but quite a few are not catchups but people posting impulsively and it makes it harder to read.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:34 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 811, MathBlade wrote:
In post 810, Marky Mark wrote:Flea | Math | Grice | Uncrowned were the slots not on the Jake Wagon

I agree and probably Grey or Titus then Flea.

But pair one of them with Grendel. Just trust me on this or pretend as a thought experiment.
Why weren't you personally voting Jake as a compromise at the end of D1?
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:35 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 820, Titus wrote:Guys, can we try to keep the double or more posts in a row under control? I get I'm a guilty offender but it makes it really hard to catch up on my lunch break. I know I catch up with multiple posts in a row, but quite a few are not catchups but people posting impulsively and it makes it harder to read.
You've clearly not had the Mafiascum European Player (TM) experience:

*Writes some posts* - barely anyone replies as they're all at work

*Goes to bed* - everyone in the western hemisphere finishes work, gets online and spews content everywah
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:37 am

Post by MathBlade »

Reasons. In 24 hours your question will be irrelevant. I townread him but I assure you just assume Grendel is scum. Your life will be easier.

Sorry Titus. Do a VCA with me town Grendel scum. Your life will be easier. Promise. You’ll see why.

Power outage so I may disappear but will be back later.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:39 am

Post by Titus »

In post 754, MathBlade wrote:Hey Grendel, Dann, and Titus simple yes no did you do something last night?

This is a you pick and I have a reason for asking.

Would love your initial gut reads too.
I am not going to answer this just because you have a reason. I see no reason to answer this. I don't see how this helps town.

I want to see Grendel post, because Math has so much invested into him being scummy but no one else sees it. If Grendel is town, then I'll want to see if this is town!Math or scum!Math. If Grendel is scum, I never see Math as scum.

NK15 also hasn't posted yet since I have arrived. Is that a lurker elimination or is there something more to it?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”