Goon
olaf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3776 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:32 pm

Post by olaf »

In post 3774, Sherlock and Watson wrote:
In post 3768, olaf wrote:you feel fake this game tbh

if you want to keep pretending to be a stealth alt stop perspective slipping meta takes

also I would say I feel very much the same about you lately
nah your tone has pinged me this game
just tonal though so i've been ignoring it
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3777 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:32 pm

Post by clidd »

VOTE: 5uffering

Guys, let's do here ^

pedit: He has no reaction to my push.
olaf
olaf
Goon
olaf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3778 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by olaf »

In post 3555, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 3551, 5uffering wrote:Oh you mean Gamma's play right? I'm glad you finally agree.
If you are actually town here with that last post, I’ll be seriously shocked.

huh interesting
SaraharaS
SaraharaS
Goon
SaraharaS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3779 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:36 pm

Post by SaraharaS »

In post 3465, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 3461, Sherlock and Watson wrote:
In post 3453, Gamma Emerald wrote:So my expectation is she’d take newbies on since that the common group people say wouldn’t get picked.
For clarification, what are you including as a “newbie?”

~w
Other than Charlie and Snoopy, the only other newbie in this playerlist I can even think of is Sam and neither slot is currently amongst my trs.

but afaik, there are no other newbies in this game, so even if that is exactly half the scumteam, the remaining two scum obviously can’t be newbies.
tfw even your stump forgets you exist :cry:
In post 3504, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3461, Sherlock and Watson wrote:
In post 3453, Gamma Emerald wrote:So my expectation is she’d take newbies on since that the common group people say wouldn’t get picked.
For clarification, what are you including as a “newbie?”

~w
There’s the C&S slot and Sahara p much
Honestly it’s probably a crapshoot but it’s where the thinking lies rn
Plus, like, I think 5uffering is scum rn and I think Sahara has been pinging me too
you gonna throw shade at me without saying why? you know i'm holding a sword right?
In post 3524, 5uffering wrote:See I'm in a pretty troublesome position.

I have a scumread you're saying no to. The other push I made on Gamma didn't gain traction. Just to out some of my frustration but
Gamma you're a fucking slime and you have no reason to scumread me and haven't even bothered to explain why.

I'm not seeing where else I'd want to put my vote and it seems that my reasoning for these pushes did not reach you.

Troublesome.
meh, this conflict isn't TvT
In post 3557, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 3552, Starcrossed wrote:this is some very impressive scum theater
Possibly. I think it’s either SvT or SvS but I seriously can’t see this slot flipping town here. Holy fuck! :lol:
In post 3578, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
I’m going to sleep now, so don’t rush this wagon. It’s probably either 5uffering or Gamma and I obviously prefer 5uffering but claims could obviously change that, so Titus is either trying to wifom us off of 5uffering or trying to ram this through before I get a chance to select vig targets, protectives etc. Don’t run anyone up before I wake up. Thanks.
your reads
my reads
vibing

In post 3586, ItalianoVD wrote:I’m not only sheeping Nancy here, but there’s tone to this game and 5uffering’s tone has drastically changed imo. From confidence in Gamma to the sort of
“I was only”
and
“how could you scumread me”
tone after the pressure from Nancy came.

Here is what I saw and felt personally from the tone and wording of 5uffering over the last couple of pages: To me it just doesn’t sound or feel like town defensiveness.
Spoiler:
In post 3556, 5uffering wrote:Also. I'd tell you that you'll eat your words when I flip green but unfortunately this just isn't the game where you care about that.
This is a very awkward comment when you are being pressured. If you are town why word it this way?
In post 3559, 5uffering wrote:It's alright. I still have faith, even if you're convinced for all the wrong reasons.
The
“still have faith”
is probably nai, but in this context it sounds very scummy.
In post 3565, 5uffering wrote:You don't see the forest for the trees. I'm having fun trying to less conventional ways to explain my reads. If you think that's scummy then it will just have to be.
Just a bad post all around. The
“I’m having fun”
part is the
“I was just”
tone I mentioned.
In post 3568, 5uffering wrote:I want you to really rethink the way you perceive motivations if you flip me. I'm not trying to speak down to you either. Nobody plays this game as if it were black and white. Sometimes there are things that don't really make sense. We can have negative reactions. Sometimes things seem really good too. I think that's your hubris. If something feels bad then it's bad. If it's good then must be good.

Instead of assuming that your first response to something must mean it's the truth, try to find out why you feel that way. That's what makes the game more dynamic and more interesting.
From confidence to pleading. Trying to brush off or discredit sounds like caught scum and is the
“how could you scumread me”
tone.
In post 3570, 5uffering wrote:People learn. You can't hold them accountable to your meta forever. The behavior Gamma displays could be represented in others as well, and I'd probably scumread them all the same.
...“could be”...
This is just very awkward wording again and doesn’t fit with a townie being pressured imo.
In post 3575, 5uffering wrote:........No? I'm just telling you I can be wrong. My vote is still on Gamma and I still think he's a fucking slime.
I'm open to differing perspective though?
This is the clincher (bolded). After pretty confidently pushing and scumreading Gamma for at least 20 pages, only after the pressure from Nancy did this thought even pop up.
is it just me or is this an insanely overjustified vote for a vote on a really scummy slot that the stump's said to vote for? feels like going for towncred on a flip
SaraharaS
SaraharaS
Goon
SaraharaS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3780 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:41 pm

Post by SaraharaS »

wow, i'm so close that i can almost see it. you'd better be around Olaf
In post 3675, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 3600, Batsunami wrote:
In post 3588, Noraa wrote:You know what? Lets just kill 5uffering today. Nancy you are so certain this flips scum yeah?
When this flips town, you are even with me and my opinion is just as important are yours albeit more but ur a stump so we're even. Because you're about to kill a vanilla cop and all I killed was a VT.
We are about to be even just wait.
I haven't even read up yet but I have to say that the fact that we are running up a vanilla cop claim on day 2 is like not ok especially given we didnt even get a night 1.
I dont know if suffering is scum and I have had pings there but I believe that this is 100% not the optimal lim today and has a decent possibility of flipping town.
In post 3589, Noraa wrote:If this flips town, we are listening to me tomorrow and flashwagoning clidd. That boi is scum just watch.

NO, please stop with this. It’s antitown to undermine me like this.
it's town indicative tho...
olaf
olaf
Goon
olaf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3781 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:46 pm

Post by olaf »

sarah my gut is saying 5uffering is town for
it's like he's giving nancy genuine sounding advice but that advice is only sincere if she's wrong on him
it sounds so dumb i almost didn't want to say it
and i do agree with others his AtE feels scummy
buuuuuut
idk
olaf
olaf
Goon
olaf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3782 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:46 pm

Post by olaf »

also what do you think of sherlock
SaraharaS
SaraharaS
Goon
SaraharaS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3783 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by SaraharaS »

In post 3753, olaf wrote:you're so good sarah
:) :oops:
In post 3759, olaf wrote:
In post 3756, SaraharaS wrote:oh that explains the quick catchup, congrats on skimming 100+ pages in like 30 minutes. can you teach me your ways?
aren't you some kind of magical servant with godly powers
why you a slower reader than a humble snowman lolol
that's a lot of shade to throw at someone who's godly powers are mostly focused around utterly destroying people who throw shade at her...
In post 3762, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 3752, SaraharaS wrote:
In post 2599, ItalianoVD wrote:The spat between Starcrossed and 5uffering is for y’all to work out personally, but I did wanna comment something that was said. I don’t think it would’ve made sense for scum to be anywhere near Battle Mage’s wagon, unless they got stuck on it, especially once Noraa started really pushing for him. When scum knew he was going down, they’re not trying to jump on. I agree with this...
In post 2470, Starcrossed wrote:When scum see a very loud townie on the wrong track and banging for a mis-elim, they don't have to help that townie, goad that townie, or get on the wagon.
The idea would have more merit imo if Battle Mage flipped scum.
his tone feels off when he's talking to me too, but isn't as noticeable when he's talking about other slots and i'm ready those thoughts. that we're getting the same vibes is probably a bad sign i'd think

what is this? it doesn't read like a spat at all it feels valid to me because i get the same vibes and it's not a personal level thing? this dismissal reads so weird and makes Italiano more likely to flip scum than 5uffering
So you wanna comment on the spat part of this post, but the not the actual theme of it? You gonna comment on that other part or no?
what other part
i didn't see a spat, i saw some in game looking conflict. if i my skimming missed some shit slinging somewhere then show me something showing that. it's possible i did miss a post or two, but in the absence of missing something your take feels like a weirdly misrepresentative showing of the situation which is either

-weird in a scum indicative way due to me not being able to follow the mindset
-stirring up TvT
In post 3765, Sherlock and Watson wrote:
In post 3758, SaraharaS wrote:this is a weird take on me.
how does titus know in advance how much i'm going to post?
she can't know 'SaraharaS isn't going to be able to post much and is going to be catching up a lot' pregame, so how does her learning that during the game that this game i'm going to have a slow start? this feels like a really weird justification of a read based on applying post fact logic to her decision when the causality really doesn't flow in that direction. can you explain?
she knows your main
haha, what main

let's pretend that i do have a 'main' account here
how do you know/why do you think that i hard lurk every game?
how do you know this unless you know who i am? no indication of this in what you've posted in the thread, so unless this is a TMI tells since you've been told something in a PT by a stump then i don't see how this is something that was part of your initial read instead of post-facto reasonable explanation that you're adding now
like this relies on a lot of steps which i don't think are necessarily reasonable assumptions (Titus pick choices, that I have a lurker main, that my lurking is AI rather than busyness etc) so i'm glad i didn't just skim over it because it feels weird
In post 3769, olaf wrote:
In post 3761, SaraharaS wrote:any idea if he does have a history of repping out like that?
no idea
In post 3771, olaf wrote:i considered voting Sherlock but i'm better eh whatever
i'm not actually sure he's scum even if his shading of me all the time has been annoying
also he feels fake sometimes but i'm trash at reading scum through tone so whatever lol
SaraharaS
SaraharaS
Goon
SaraharaS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3784 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by SaraharaS »

what is this feeling, so sudden and new
felt it the first time i saw page 152
my pulse is rushing
my head is reeling
my scumreads i'm crushing
what is this feeling?
fervid as Pyro's flames. does it have a name? Yes...
caught up
100% caught up
for the thread
the flips
the roleclaims
Let's just say... i've read it all
Every little post and every wall
the last two hours have made my flesh crawl
but now i'm fully caught up,
there's a strange exhilaration
in reading 80 pages on one occasion
my reads so pure soooo strong,
thought i do admit they came on quick
still i do believe the scum are licked
and i will be votingvoting scummy wholeliffffe long

(Saraharas you are so good, how do you catch scum i don't think i could. they can obvscum or deepwolf, doesn't matter Sarah you're a paragon.
poor Sarahar forced to reside, with townies not yet calling her obviously-on-their-side, but now she is)

caught up, 100% caught up
and i will be caught up
for ever caught up
truly, deeply, caught up
this whole gaaaaame loooong
Sherlock and Watson
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3785 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by Sherlock and Watson »

^town
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3786 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:13 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3554, Starcrossed wrote:are you telling him in the scum PT to put some emotion into the theater so it looks toxic and not S/S?

cuz if you flip scum here, gamma should also be scum cuz I can't see town gamma reacting this calmly to you lol.
I wasn’t calm for a little bit
At this point I’m just in swagger mode

Also, Pooky, what do you think of my activity pattern so far
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
SaraharaS
SaraharaS
Goon
SaraharaS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3787 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:15 pm

Post by SaraharaS »

In post 3757, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 3752, SaraharaS wrote:
In post 2599, ItalianoVD wrote:The spat between Starcrossed and 5uffering is for y’all to work out personally, but I did wanna comment something that was said. I don’t think it would’ve made sense for scum to be anywhere near Battle Mage’s wagon, unless they got stuck on it, especially once Noraa started really pushing for him. When scum knew he was going down, they’re not trying to jump on. I agree with this...
In post 2470, Starcrossed wrote:When scum see a very loud townie on the wrong track and banging for a mis-elim, they don't have to help that townie, goad that townie, or get on the wagon.
The idea would have more merit imo if Battle Mage flipped scum.
what is this? it doesn't read like a spat at all it feels valid to me because i get the same vibes and it's not a personal level thing? this dismissal reads so weird and makes Italiano more likely to flip scum than 5uffering
Please elaborate.

I knew I liked you for some reason.
- it felt like a genuine conflict between Star/5uffer. italiano's modelling of it as a spat felt weirdly not in line with how i perceived it in a way that doesn't feel like a townie!misconceptualisation of it
- the general vibes i got during the S/5 stuff were like... sure a conflict, but not a personal conflict and idk if maybe Italiano is trying to edge it into a TvT where they are actually in conflict instead of the sorting level. star i think is town and 5uffering i don't like, but i could see it being TvT with italiano trying to keep a TvT conflict flowing
-i'll check tomorrow if i read it in the same way because stuff is blurring a bit at the moment
In post 3782, olaf wrote:also what do you think of sherlock
think i've covered this in the broad strokes in the last few posts, but now i'm fully caught up--
most of the stuff felt null and i didn't massively take in, but the few times i've interacted directly with them their position felt off
In post 3781, olaf wrote:sarah my gut is saying 5uffering is town for
it's like he's giving nancy genuine sounding advice but that advice is only sincere if she's wrong on him
it sounds so dumb i almost didn't want to say it
and i do agree with others his AtE feels scummy
buuuuuut
idk
i feel like this would be a lot more readable if Nancy wasn't the treestump. the whole incentive to perform to the town!stump makes it feel much harder to get a solid read on the motivation there
Sherlock and Watson
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3788 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:19 pm

In post 3787, SaraharaS wrote:think i've covered this in the broad strokes in the last few posts, but now i'm fully caught up--
most of the stuff felt null and i didn't massively take in, but the few times i've interacted directly with them their position felt off
this game will be a lot easier for you if you just get me as town
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3789 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3569, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:It’s usually Gamma who would usually be the one to be bussed in that case,
This is actually what would probably be reality if I were engaging in scum theater here
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
SaraharaS
SaraharaS
Goon
SaraharaS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3790 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:24 pm

Post by SaraharaS »

rough reads (remembering i read over half of this in the last few hours, and bearing in mind that i woke up at about seven am this morning because i needed to spend about an hour vomiting. sure, i didn't need to say that, but i think it helps contextualize my post vomit, or whatever the phrase related to that is for when you dump a loooot of posts in the thread in a row)

Locktown
-Batsunami
-Fey
-Pink Ball
-Olaf (lower locktown tier than the other three if you care about nuance)

Townreads
-Starcrossed
-Morty and Rick
-Toogeloo
-Dunnstral (idk why? i think this is vibing though)

others in no order
(Clidd, Sherlock & Watson, Italiano, 5uffering, Gaming Emerelf, War and Peace, Red Eyes Knights)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3791 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3589, Noraa wrote:If this flips town, we are listening to me tomorrow and flashwagoning clidd. That boi is scum just watch.
bruh
<Embrace The Void>

SaraharaS
SaraharaS
Goon
SaraharaS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3792 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:28 pm

Post by SaraharaS »

In post 3788, Sherlock and Watson wrote:
In post 3787, SaraharaS wrote:think i've covered this in the broad strokes in the last few posts, but now i'm fully caught up--
this game will be a lot easier for you if you just get me as town
hm, can you do some super hard ATE and really blatant self meta?
SaraharaS
SaraharaS
Goon
SaraharaS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3793 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:34 pm

Post by SaraharaS »

VOTE: Italiano
Sherlock and Watson
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3794 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:37 pm

In post 3792, SaraharaS wrote:hm, can you do some super hard ATE and really blatant self meta?
right, I'll do that right before I claim scum and rep out :lol:
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3795 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3663, Sherlock and Watson wrote:lmao sam's town
Yah
<Embrace The Void>

SaraharaS
SaraharaS
Goon
SaraharaS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3796 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by SaraharaS »

Dammmmmn, i'd have to hard townread you for that. Especially if you called me a stupid bitch a few times before you replaced out. :P
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3797 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3686, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 3638, Batsunami wrote:
In post 3635, Sherlock and Watson wrote:was just thinking it'd be interesting to see a noraa stump game but tbh noraa feels like the stump of *this* game, nancy are you sure you didn't role swap?
I am a stump, dumbdumb.
I'm the secret second one.
If we have a secret 2nd one it isn’t YOU.
Okay this has officially gotten mean
Please stop it’s clearly a joke
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3798 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3779, SaraharaS wrote:you gonna throw shade at me without saying why? you know i'm holding a sword right?
So what it’s just a shity image of a sord
<Embrace The Void>

Red Eye Knights
Red Eye Knights
Townie
Red Eye Knights
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3799 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:57 pm

Post by Red Eye Knights »

In post 3673, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 3592, Red Eye Knights wrote:This is a verry confident Noraa and I don't think I've seen this type of posting from her before. It's very interesting.
Uh, Noraa has been this confident all of day 1 too. You're just now seeing this?
I mean, I replaced in late in D1 and I sheeped her confidence there. It's just not something I'm familiar with and it almost felt ramped up when I made that comment.

Also I've read like, 20 pages total here probably so I've probably missed almost everything important here. Assume it'll be like this for a little while as we're a hydra with very busy heads who simply couldn't resist the draw of this game.

- Darth Roast
A Caffeinated Hydra of Akarin & Aristophanes

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”