Mini Normal 2193 | A Member Of The SKs | Town Wins!

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:40 am

Post by In the beginning »

VOTE: Ydrasse
In the beginning...

I prefer the abbreviation "beginning".
Please don't abbreviate my username to INB.
In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:26 am

Gretchen is obviously town and anyone voting them should be ashamed for such an awful read.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:32 am

Must every statement be questioned? It is a fundamental, unalterable fact here. Gretchen town claimed in their first two posts; therefore, she is town.

Tread carefully scum, for I am tracking each and every step you make.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #365 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:04 am

In post 16, Cookie Monster wrote:Why me?
I don't particularly like this post at this stage in the game. The first thing that Cookie Monster does is go on the defensive despite it being page 1.
In post 33, Gamma Emerald wrote:I know who you are now.
It should have been “et tue, gammae” jsyk
Speaking of this, no alt sniping in-thread please and thank you.
In post 37, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:Next quest is figuring out cookie monster
Cookie Monster appears to be a newbie given that she /inned to the newbie queue.
In post 39, ItalianoVD wrote:Meh this is boring, let’s start up another wagon

VOTE: Lunar Martian

We don’t want him feeling left out. :lol:
Bored already?!?!?! The game just begun!
In post 56, Gretchen wrote:heeeeeeeeeeeeeey. first things first let me tell you about myself. so. going into this i was really scared of rolling maf, like terrified. i haven’t played in a good while so i'd prob be really rusty and get power elimmed LOL. so you have no idea how happy i was when i saw that sweet sweet sugary green. and uh. gonna be real i don’t think i know how to play as maf anymore and i'd prob ask my team to throw me under the bus, like, instantly on day 1 lmao. but i'm town!! all is right in the world and i'm town town TOWN
In post 57, Gretchen wrote:also another thing about me is that i always find maf if you give me enough time. like, i will always find them no matter how good they are. lying is tiring and maf will always always always wear down over time. if you know what yyo're looking for you’ll see when that happens, like when they start to lose energy and start posting less, and that's what i’ll use to find tthem. what i'm saying here is... basically, is that even if you think i'm maf you should give me a few days. cuz if i'm town i'm sure as hell gonna find you the team. so yeah
These posts are both clearly from a town slot. This just isn't something scum does; scum aren't going to flash a bright neon attention sign on themselves, not this early in the game. Therefore, Gretchen is lock town Day 1 from these posts alone. Anyone pushing here is scum trying to get an easy lim, and I won't stand for it.
In post 59, samantha97 wrote:
In post 56, Gretchen wrote:so you have no idea how happy i was when i saw that sweet sweet sugary green. and uh. gonna be real i don’t think i know how to play as maf anymore and i'd prob ask my team to throw me under the bus, like, instantly on day 1 lmao. but i'm town!! all is right in the world and i'm town town TOWN
Scum aren't ever that careless; at the very least, they aren't more careless than town is at that sort of thing. Do some actual hunting, rather than this shallow analysis of a purported slip.
In post 76, Funeral Goose wrote:I didn't have any green in my town PM.
Same comment to you as well. Stop looking at the surface level stuff and start analyzing.
In post 93, esotericzoomer wrote:VOTE: Gretchen
fearmongering
Awful vote that comes from scum. You saw a target, and you went straight for it. I'll be watching you closely, that's for sure.
In post 95, Funeral Goose wrote:Now these things aren't wrong or indicative but add those in with the fact you are scumreading me for a first post that is obviously a randomized read list is just trolling.
Yes, and the randomized reads list is a problem. Less so who is in it and moreso how you colored it; the coloring doesn't really make sense. You go from green to orange to purple to red. How is anyone supposed to interpret that whatsoever?
In post 104, Ydrasse wrote:Gretchen i must admit i think you may be town... but you may be scum
(I.e.: I don't have a read, so I'll just say stuff to look busy.)
In post 130, esotericzoomer wrote:wait what there's
HOW
many on goose?
5, obviously. What's so surprising?
In post 133, Gamma Emerald wrote:not too enthused by gretchen's posting rn
Why aren't you enthused? Certainly you could at least take a stance on them. They do after all comprise the bulk of the game at this point.
In post 146, samantha97 wrote:
In post 141, In the beginning wrote:Tread carefully scum, for I am tracking each and every step you make.
is this the part where we pretend that you were subtly claiming tracker instead of overtly
You can interpret it however you want.
In post 148, ItalianoVD wrote:Not sure about obvious. I’m not gonna locktown anyone yet.
Obvious does not imply lock town, but yes, you should be lock-towning Gretchen for day 1 at the very least.
In post 150, esotericzoomer wrote:uh, my role card said, um, town, or something
So stilted. Watch me catch all the scum day 1, starting with yours truly!
In post 173, samantha97 wrote:also are we all ignoring that tracker claim so that mafia don't see it or something even though mafia already did immediately
Oh, so you're claiming mafia then? Cuz you seem to be the only one who purports that was a claim.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #366 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:04 am

VOTE: Zoomer
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #457 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:56 pm

In post 183, ItalianoVD wrote:@Samantha: who claimed tracker. I didn’t see that at all.
This post is off because Italian seems rather intent on playing ignorant here when he ought to know exactly what samantha was referring to. (Like, I could understand missing it on an initial pass, but surely Italiano would take the time to look back when someone mentions it rather than just pretend it never happened.)
In post 197, samantha97 wrote:when it's that obvious it stops being a crumb
What if I'm trying to use reverse psychology?
In post 222, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:since my althunt here is jot developed yet
Or... You could not alt hunt...
In post 233, ItalianoVD wrote:So it looks like I’m out of my league here. Page 9 was about alternates. I don’t have a clue. How many alternates are there? Is everyone?
This is also really out of place. Maybe 15% of the content on that page dealt with alts. How come then is that what Italiano gets out of the page?
In post 239, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 225, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:I also think you should be voting italiano since that is a much more realistic and much likely better cw to yourself than gretchen
According to you right? Fmpov you’re wrong.
Empty comment that just fills up space.
In post 260, Funeral Goose wrote:Anyone else have kinda non-town thoughts about Sam?
Eh not really. What they did was anti-town, not really scum indicative. I wouldn't hard veto a wagon there, but I wouldn't join it either.
In post 266, esotericzoomer wrote:lolhammering motherfucker
Reaction reads as fake/contrived.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #458 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:13 pm

In post 277, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:In the beginning probably hammers
Why do you think I would hammer there? That'd be like a death sentence.
In post 279, Funeral Goose wrote:I made my case on you
Where? And you already have one this early in the game?
In post 288, esotericzoomer wrote:there is without a doubt 1 mafia in the first four voters of funeral imho
I don't see your point. That's fundamentally a WIFOM argument (and I disagree that wagon dynamics work that way early in the game), but regardless, the odds are in favor of such anyway. Thus, this tells us very little of value.
In post 291, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:almost all of this wagon is town
This is an equally ridiculous and useless statement. There are most likely only 3 scum, so of course the wagon is predominantly town.
In post 294, esotericzoomer wrote:so as far as im concerned, until they check in, this is a 10 player game and scum is within those players
Yes, well, that's a bad assumption considering it's a 12p game. The chances scum are in the inactives is not nil.
In post 297, samantha97 wrote:I have no non-town thoughts about me
What's up with all the filler posts from everyone? Please conserve space please; time and space are valuable commodities.
In post 313, ItalianoVD wrote:So is samantha an alternate too? You guys all seem to know each other, but the rest of us are just looking on like...
Seriously, why are you so fixated on this? Why aren't you hunting scum?
In post 338, Gretchen wrote:thinking in the beginning, ydrasse, hub are town town town. funeral and italiano maf maf
I like these reads. Gretchen stays in my town pile.
In post 344, ItalianoVD wrote:I’m pretty sure Funeral is town
??? Based on _____?
In post 344, ItalianoVD wrote:there’s something about this RVS wagon becoming a serious wagon that is questionable to me.
Yikes, terrible take.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #459 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:15 pm

VOTE: Italiano
Lots of bad takes, unjustified statements, and weird obsessions from this slot.

Current scum team is probably something like {Italiano, esoteric, Lunar/Battle Mage} (the last is less what they've done and moreso cuz of their lack of presence.)

Town bloc is HUB and Gretchen.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #463 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:38 pm

In post 364, Funeral Goose wrote:What do you want to know?
Definitely doesn't help your case... You should be more proactive.
In post 370, Gamma Emerald wrote:fyi I'm kinda chill with the italiano wagon but am thinking of going for cookie monster myself
Why Cookie? They haven't done much yet, so I'm not sure why your are motivated to go there over Italiano.
In post 372, Battle Mage wrote:It's quite possible for newbie scum to just look like newbie scum.
Nah, I disagree. Newbscum wouldn't be that blatant. They get coaching from their teammates.
In post 372, Battle Mage wrote:I don't understand how you can reach a conclusion someone is obvtown, but also anyone pushing them is looking for an easy lim - doesn't make sense.
Well, obviously, I exaggerated some. But that aside, I stand by it---that style of posting/entrance is exactly the thing that scum leap on. It's easy to paint a narrative around it, and if it flips town (as I believe it would), scum can blame it on their play.
In post 376, Battle Mage wrote:Funeral conftown then.
You're reading in too much. Funeral is 100%
NOT
confirmed town.
In post 376, Battle Mage wrote:what the....low activity players? the game opened today
I agree with this sentiment. People's activity expectations are really unreasonable nowadays.
In post 384, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:Gretchen / Battle Mage / ItalianoVD

Cookie Monster

Funeral Goose
Why is Cookie so low?
In post 399, Cookie Monster wrote:Because town is not supposed to be voted I thought?
This is a bad response, but potentially townie given my early observation about this slot. I will have to watch them carefully.
In post 401, Cookie Monster wrote:
In post 130, esotericzoomer wrote:wait what there's
HOW
many on goose?
It was the same in the last vote count and you are just realising the second time?
Good observation; it makes esoteric's comment all the more strange.
In post 415, Battle Mage wrote:I am going to claim Vanilla Townie.
Talk about not crumbing correctly... This is certainly worse.
In post 423, Lunar Martian wrote:Don't like Gretchen, and I don't buy the act of both saying "keep me alive I'm very good"
Is it bad that I thought this was a Battle Mage-esque take?
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #470 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:51 pm

In post 436, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:Question of the
day
hour
next fifteen minutes: Why did ITB check whether Cookie Monster had signed up for newbie queue games?
Why wouldn't I? I mean, you're quite obviously doing a lot of alt hunting yourself. Given that Cookie had only like 3 or so posts total at that time, it's not that hard to just search their posts and see "Oh, she inned to a newbie". I do like to know if a slot is an alt ot a newbie, just not who they are if they are an alt.
In post 448, Gretchen wrote:italiano was quite active and chatty right up until i started calling for votes on him and asked him some tough questions. that speaks volumes if you ask me. which you should because i'm good at answering questions
It's possible this just isn't a time they're active. I wouldn't leap to conclusions too soon. (That said, they've done plenty of other scum-indicative stuff, so the read is probably still right even if the reasons aren't.)
In post 465, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:Cookie low because no townpings yet
Just to clarify, is that still the case? Cuz if so, I don't agree.
In post 469, Gretchen wrote:*snip*
Oh my, I didn't realize Italiano had so many posts at this point. That's a red flag given the level of content I've seen from the slot.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #681 (isolation #10) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:13 pm

In post 471, esotericzoomer wrote:Saying gretchen is locktown for these posts is pushing it. It looks like you're trying to push a too scummy to be scum narrative, that's an objectively flawed towntell.
It really isn't. You're oversimplifying my position on the matter.
In post 471, esotericzoomer wrote:That's L-2, there's no reason he should be on L-2.
And? RVS wagons are of that size aren't unusual. Something has to get the game talking; you act as if you've never seen a wagon grow that large so early (when on the contrary, it's not unusual at all).
In post 471, esotericzoomer wrote:If you weren't so oblivious to clear jokes
You can't hide the stiltedness of the comment by claiming it was a joke. Joke or not, it was 100% stilted, and that's a solid ping.
In post 483, esotericzoomer wrote:can we get more reasons to read players rather than their 'vibe'
What an out of place comment! Who is reading players based on vibe?
In post 491, Cookie Monster wrote:there are players who I think are acting scummy and that is
Lunar and Samantha
Meh, samantha gets a pass for day 1.
In post 499, esotericzoomer wrote:this is literally what you have been doing
Hypocrisy is not a scum tell.
In post 507, Cookie Monster wrote:Okay so you’re saying that maybe I should give them a chance? Because honestly I can see where you are aiming from but to me I have given who I think is scum and while maybe previous to that I wasn’t giving reads but that’s because I didn’t have any of I don’t have any how can I give them?
Cookie reads pretty genuine here. She can be town for now.
In post 513, Gretchen wrote:gamma felt the need to express he was cool with the italiano wagon. he also said he might vote for you. but! he voted for neither bc he was voting for funeral and it was important for funeral to remain a counterwagon to his partner in crime, italianoVEEDEE. DUN DUN DUN
I kinda buy this. I'd flip Italiano first (for hopefully obvious reasons).
In post 514, esotericzoomer wrote:p-edit: Nice shade, not defending lunar nor have I ever.
Yeah, you are. You're chainsawing Cookie here.
In post 514, esotericzoomer wrote:I don't think hypocrisy is a scumtell per se or a thing only maf do, it's just scummy.
"I don't think it's scummy, but it's scummy." Make up your mind.
In post 521, Gamma Emerald wrote:I was good to make the move but I wanted to see whether others would follow, which is why I posted that second quoted post
Or... You could be a leader and just vote.
In post 530, ItalianoVD wrote:I’m here guys. I’m catching up now.
Aka filler. You don't need to post that if you have been gone for less than 8 hours.
In post 531, Funeral Goose wrote:I knew that wasn't a hammer but I was at E-1 and since the game was still in the early stage I didn't want anyone to lolhammer.
I would argue this is one of the scummiest posts you've made all game so far.
In post 532, ItalianoVD wrote:*snip*.
Why are you spoilering your posts? Are you that afraid of slipping?
In post 532, ItalianoVD wrote:Well I already told you I was confused and frustrated with all the alternates.
I still don't understand why this is so important to you. Just pretend the alternates are newbies (but perhaps with more experience); you can't use meta on them, but you don't need to.
In post 538, ItalianoVD wrote:I’m wondering why this information was relevant.
I'm wondering why this information wasn't relevant especially given your obsession with alternate accounts.
In post 538, ItalianoVD wrote:Wouldn’t have anything to do with her avatar would it?
No. Anyone who reads based off of avatars is silly.
In post 538, ItalianoVD wrote:They could ask?
Useless response to a question that didn't require one. Definitely shows what Italiano's priorities are this game.
In post 540, Funeral Goose wrote:In short, Gret wanted to get on my wagon since it already had a few votes and just tried to justify it with weak and contridictory reasons.
Bleh post. You can gain some scum points.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #866 (isolation #11) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:20 am

Wiki Page wrote: The game should have at least one Mafia or Werewolf group (of at least two members). In mini games (at most 13 players), there must be exactly one such group, with no third parties.
It's a mini normal; Serial Killers aren't allowed. I highly advise everyone to read up on Normal Guidelines as there seems to be a lot of confusion as to what's normal and not normal.

I am like 10-20 pages behind; I'll try to catch up this evening.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #878 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:55 pm

In post 562, esotericzoomer wrote:
In post 559, Ydrasse wrote:what’s with the lunar wagon?
dunno
tempted to hop on it because it's the purest looking one out of all of them but i'd rather give lunar some time
In post 563, esotericzoomer wrote:VOTE: Lunar Martian
In post 566, esotericzoomer wrote:
In post 564, Ydrasse wrote:so uh

giving lunar time huh?
i gave into temptation
You sure didn't deliberate that long. Idk, it does make me wonder if mafia would be so willing to be so flashy, but I kind of think you might.
In post 572, ItalianoVD wrote:As I've stated multiple times already it felt very cliquish and because everyone seemed to know everyone, I felt like an outsider looking in.
1) Clearly, everyone does
not
know everyone else. Hence, the presence of alts.
2) How is this relevant to the fact that you managed to miss something blatantly pointed out to you?
In post 572, ItalianoVD wrote:So you were encouraging people to believe you were something that you were not because of...? Why the misdirection and dishonesty? This is anti-town
You're putting words in my mouth. I neither confirmed nor denied such. It might be anti-town in some sense, but in another sense, it's perfectly sensible. It's a good way to throw scum off. (Please note that I am /still/ not confirming nor denying whether I was crumbing there or not. More specifically, you may speculate as to whether the crumb is real or not.)
In post 572, ItalianoVD wrote:Personally I think anti-town and scummy are pretty much interchangeable, but that's me.
Yes, well, this is a mindset often taken by newer and less experienced players. More experienced players know it is not that simple. Ever.
In post 575, Ydrasse wrote:the entire thing about calling out lunar for asking questions while doing it at the same time and then missing the point of why it’s hypocritical seems like, purposefully obtuse and also tying esoteric to lunar makes me feel ungood
I don't agree. I think obtuseness here is more likely from town than scum. Scum have to fake their reads, and they have to fake being town. Furthermore, unlike the town, they are limited in who they can push and cannot push. This means they are incentivized to be more fluid with their reads, so stubbornness, especially early on, is a sign of towniness, not scum potential.
In post 578, Gretchen wrote:that's a personality tell for cookie rather than her being maf or town
This is also a good reason to be skeptical of assigning alignment to that aspect of play.
In post 582, esotericzoomer wrote:oh no it's absolutely scummy
This is mafia. We do not deal in absolutes. Try again.
In post 586, Gretchen wrote:cookie's just easy bait but she's probably town frankly
This.
In post 596, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:You're kinda shading the wagon without really defending Lunar and then you vote the newbie queue player who wants to chomp the mafia

I'm worried ydra!
Interesting...
In post 616, lendunistus wrote:Lunar Martian (4): Cookie Monster, Happy Unbirthday Boon, samantha97, esotericzoomer
This wagon is kinda... eck considering Lunar's overall engagement and such. Like, it's not necessarily a scum-driven wagon, but there's definitely scum in it. It's how it formed; I don't think it formed proportionate to the actual likelihood of Lunar being scum.
In post 622, ItalianoVD wrote:So the lack of presence makes people scum. And you have battle Mage in there. In this very post you stated: "I agree with this sentiment. People's activity expectations are really unreasonable nowadays" but now you're shading Battle Mage because of... activity.
Wow, if you're gonna shade me, at least get your facts in the correct order!

I didn't make the comment to Battle Mage until **AFTER** the post I talked about lack of presence. Anyway, yes, my take there was a little bit of a double-standard; that much is true; /however/, you have to consider this from a probabilistic standpoint. Notably, it's not unreasonable to suppose that there is a scum in the lower content slots (which I think we will agree that both Lunar and Battle Mage fit at the time) and given a lack of sufficient scum reads elsewhere, poe makes it a decent likelihood.
In post 622, ItalianoVD wrote:Exaggeration? You get called out and your defense is I exaggerated? Nothing to see here huh?
This is scum looking for things to nitpick.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #883 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:19 pm

In post 630, esotericzoomer wrote:well i think making a post just to say someone's 'vibe is off' is just someone tryna look busy
It may look busy because it is in part such. Gut is reserved for those occasions where you cannot or would have a hard time pointing to specific evidence to support your read. Nonetheless, it is still a valid scumhunting tactic.
In post 637, ItalianoVD wrote:You're tunneling hard. It's sort of unlikely mafia tunnels town, so I'm probably gonna have to assume you're town, but I don't know.
Once more, a terrible assumption. I don't disagree that Gretchen is town (indeed, they flipped as much!), /BUT/ scum can and will tunnel people because they can and because people will write it off just like you did.
In post 638, Battle Mage wrote:I'm trying to imagine a world where all of the following are town: funeral, samantha, gretchen and italiano

where does that leave us?
2 of the 4 are probably town: gretchen (who has already flipped as such) and samantha. The other two are probably scum, Italiano especially.
In post 666, Battle Mage wrote:townleaning Italiano for effort
No.
In post 666, Battle Mage wrote:townleaning Italiano for inconsistency
Also a big fat no.
In post 676, ItalianoVD wrote:Lunar - Although Lunar’s activity is lacking, the few posts he has made reminds me of Newbie 2049 where he was town.
Hmm....
In post 676, ItalianoVD wrote:Cookie Monster - Cookie’s early “why mes” kind of stand out to me. There also seems to be an overall defensiveness there and not the normal townie defensiveness. I’m gutreading this slot right now.
lol
In post 683, Funeral Goose wrote:VOTE: Lunar

E-1
In post 684, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 677, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:Italiano you should bus Lunar Martian
Sure
VOTE: Lunar Martian
Who else thinks this was an extended quickhammer interaction?
In post 685, esotericzoomer wrote:great just missed it
so why did we vote this out
You were on the wagon and aware that it was at least F-2. If you were so ambivalent about it, why did you stay on it?
In post 686, esotericzoomer wrote:we had literally a full 8 days
Yes, but that doesn't mean we have to use them.
In post 687, Gretchen wrote:bc italiano is maf and was scared i'd get him voted out today. pls kill him tommorow if i don't survive the night. thanks
:shifty:
In post 704, esotericzoomer wrote:actually funerals e-1 vote is worse than the hammer
In post 705, esotericzoomer wrote:objectively
Meh, I agree it's bad, but I still believe Italiano's was much worse.
In post 712, samantha97 wrote:also ew serial killer
Seriously, does no one ever actually take the time to look at the guidelines?
In post 713, esotericzoomer wrote:damn i was hoping the name of the game might be a lie

only 2 mafia could be the vibe then
?????????
In post 716, esotericzoomer wrote:gamma sk
italiano/funeral maf
ggez
Seriously, this is scum trying to look like they are scumhunting. Now that they think there might be a serial killer, they suddenly have an avenue to generate authentic reads.
In post 719, samantha97 wrote:also I'm like >70% sure in the beginning is mafia, but maybe he has a tracking result or something to share
No comment for now.
In post 721, Funeral Goose wrote:I am pretty sure scum took out HUB. I would have if I were scum.
(So would I!)
In post 722, Ydrasse wrote:that being said: hardclaiming vig who shot hub, uh, was put off by some stuff he posted
Horrible shot, but I guess it's not impossible. Like if Italiano is scum, it makes sense that Gretchen gets shot by mafia. (I would argue though that Gretchen would actually be the better vig shot and HUB would be the better scum kill.)
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #888 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:39 pm

In post 731, Funeral Goose wrote:I <3 you ydrasse but HUB was totally hard-towning D1. You taking that "vig" shot on a power player N1 hurts my heart.
(Oh interesting... I don't really alt hunt (see my sig), but this does give me a guess as to who you might be.)
In post 732, samantha97 wrote:don't really wanna take the effort to elaborate until he posts, cause I might discard that thought when he does
If you're softing a result on me, you best out it already. You have nothing to fear anyways considering the vig is already outted and most likely a higher priority target then yourself.
In post 733, Funeral Goose wrote:But if ydrasse is to be believed with the vig shot stuff, then, lol @ scum for shooting Gret.
Tbf, this setup started with evens. That disincentives scum from making more obvious shots due to the chances that a doctor or jailkeeper is in the setup. Gretchen would be an unlikely protect target, and like I mentioned earlier, Gretchen would be a threat to a team that has Italiano in it, so there are several scenarios where it does make sense to shoot her.
In post 747, esotericzoomer wrote:hey funeral how have you managed to play this entire game and not at all say anything about italiano
I hadn't noticed this, but this is kind of interesting actually. I'm interested in the response as well.
In post 749, Funeral Goose wrote:The same way Gret and Lunar and Cookie did in regards to each other.

I already went down that road.
Not convincing whatsoever.
In post 759, Ydrasse wrote:hmmm

i wonder if funeral goose knew they weren’t hammered
I'll have to double-check, but I'm pretty sure they said something to that effect.
In post 766, Battle Mage wrote:is this a joke or serious?
Are /you/ joking or serious here?
In post 767, Funeral Goose wrote:Well, BM and Sam both jumped on it so it wasn't all town imo.
samantha is anti-town town. Try again.
In post 774, Battle Mage wrote:i would guess gretchen was killed by scum for being loud and probably not a viable mis-elim.
Loud, yes, but Gretchen lacked power. That is, Gretchen lacked the ability to control the thread. Maybe she would have gained that with time, who knows? Regarding the latter part, she was definitely still a viable mis-elim, so I doubt that's why she was killed. Like the only plausible reason (and tbf, it has a high likelihood of being the case) that Gretchen was killed is two-fold: 1) scum didn't want their kill to fail or be watched and 2) Italiano is on the team and feels that Gretchen poses a threat to him. In any other case, Gretchen is a very suboptimal N1 kill. (Tbf, Gretchen probably wouldn't remain a viable mislim, but at that point in time, the odds were still in favor of it being possible.)
In post 798, Ydrasse wrote:bm being alive d2 IS a little sus.....
Recall that BM claimed VT. In a setup like this, scum would probably want to get rid of a PR over someone confirmed not to be one. Granted, if they're performing suboptimal kills (as it seems to be the case with Gretchen), this may not strictly apply.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #890 (isolation #15) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:58 pm

In post 811, Funeral Goose wrote:
In post 809, Ydrasse wrote:not rn
please.
You don't have to so blatantly bus your partner. Italiano will be limmed in due time.
In post 815, ItalianoVD wrote:Someone is trying to frame me.
This comes from someone with a guilty conscience.
In post 815, ItalianoVD wrote:Uhh, well yeah I’m a little embarrassed and I knew it was obviously gonna come up, but once I posted my readslist I left. When I came back to check in I saw Hub’s lolpost below mine and was like huh, so I went back to read page 27 and saw what transpired with Lunar. With Hub’s post in mind I just voted at the bottom of page 27. I saw Battle Mage and Samantha had voted.

The embarrassing part is when my post refreshed I saw Funeral had already put him at E-1. Ugh. I wasn’t too fret about it though, but it was goofy. That’s why I didn’t really wanna talk in twilight, but trust, me I would not have been that careless as scum. For some reason hammering is like a huge no no in this game, but I was okay with whatever heat would come. I didn’t really know where the vote was, but I didn’t expect it to be hammer.
This gets a 2/5 rating. Perhaps plausible, but overall, rather weak.
In post 817, esotericzoomer wrote:their votes have been really weak + poe
Early game isn't necessarily my forte. Furthermore, if you haven't noticed, I'm often not fully caught up, so yeah, less real time engagement.
In post 832, esotericzoomer wrote:soulread is funeral bm gamma
Why is Italiano town?
In post 839, Battle Mage wrote:you should die today for this rolefishing alone
Esoteric should die, but not for that. It's the same thing samantha's been doing all game with me, and unfortunately, it isn't necessarily even scum-indicative. Not in today's meta anyway.
In post 841, Battle Mage wrote:i think i've covered this, but gretchen had a 4-player pool at end of day - I know I'm town, 1 other player in there flipped town. So at best, 2/4 were scum, which isn't the most amazing. And given the amount of people peddling this argument, it feels much more likely to me that the Gretchen kill was to frame somebody in that pool.
Okay, Battle Mage is starting to look /slightly/ worse, but eh.
In post 861, Battle Mage wrote:maybe SK stands for something different then
Flavor in normals should never have any relation to the actual setup. That would make the setup abnormal, even if the roles in it are normal.
In post 870, Gamma Emerald wrote:also I refuse to believe HUB was a vig shot so I'm curious who might have wanted HUB dead
It's a debatable kill, I agree. But is it really all that surprising? People do stuff like that all the time regardless of whether it's the correct move or not.
In post 880, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 877, Battle Mage wrote:first two lines imply being mafia (because mafia would knows there's no SKs, and must be Vig).
How the fuck would mafia specifically know that
Yeah, that take didn't really make sense, Battle Mage.
In post 884, samantha97 wrote:
In post 883, In the beginning wrote:No comment for now.
well it's kind of now or I waste my time tearing your posts apart and potential derail town
Well, I guess you're gonna have to waste your time...
Like I agree, it would be more productive for you to do something more worthwhile than just rolefish me.
In post 889, Gamma Emerald wrote:Why do you think scum believed BM’s claim?
Meh, maybe it's a bad assumption, but I'm inclined to take most claims at face value. I figure most people would do the same, simply because it's the easy approach.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #891 (isolation #16) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:58 pm

VOTE: Italiano

I would support funeral or esoteric wagons as well.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #900 (isolation #17) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:30 pm

Why are you so interested in my claim specifically?
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #906 (isolation #18) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:36 pm

In post 901, samantha97 wrote:why did you say for me to claim because I should have no fear with ydrasse as my shield, while saying you won't claim in the same breath?

and why are you ignoring that inconsistency gamma
Okay, I admit it's rather hypocritical on my part to ask you to claim here, but at the same time, I don't think you're engaging me in good faith here. Like, it really feels you just decided to target me for some obscure reason, and you haven't offerred up an actual reason as to why you think I'm scum.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1032 (isolation #19) » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:22 am

I am a Town 2-Shot Tracker.

I tracked esotericzoomer N1 because I scum read them. They didn't go anywhere on my watch.
I tracked Cookie Monster N2. She also went nowhere.

I also received a message last night. I won't say what it was or who it was from but I'll acknowledge I received it.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1033 (isolation #20) » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:22 am

VOTE: Funeral
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1036 (isolation #21) » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:29 am

I'd rather not post it unless we're mass claiming here. It wouldn't be beneficial to post it.

Re: samantha -- I have no clue. I think she really wanted me to claim and thus thought she could push it as a guilty to make it happen.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1040 (isolation #22) » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:33 am

mostly poe. I'm town reading you and Cookie to varying extent. Battle mage is more null town. He'll probably rise in my reads over time. Gamma is probably town as well but I haven't seen any strikingly townie thing from him. So that leaves Funeral and esoteric.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1043 (isolation #23) » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:54 am

In post 1041, Funeral Goose wrote:Neighborizer, Vig, Watcher, Tracker, "Message Sender"

Town looks stacked. Nice try ITB, but you screwed up your fake claim by not saying you were on Gret N1.
1) You dropped modifiers. Those make a big difference.
2) General rule for a 10-3 mini normal is 3 moderately strong roles against 3 goons. 2-Shot watcher would be one. 1-Shot vig is probably a little less than one. Between tracker and message sender, you'll have a third one.
3) You aren't accounting for the possibility that scum have PRs such as 1-shot ninja or 1-shot roleblocker or informed mafia. That accounts for the neighborizer.
4) We started on evens. Towns always have more powers on evens due to it being disfavorable from an EV standpoint.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1095 (isolation #24) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:52 pm

In post 1053, Funeral Goose wrote:Does anyone think the entire scum team was on Lunar?

If not, that would give us a ITB, Gamma PoE.

Gamma, u aint scum is u?
While perhaps not a super high probability, I think it's a far cry from impossible. I also think your particular vote on it looks really bad compared to the rest.
In post 1057, Ydrasse wrote:could nuke itb today and go into lylo(?) tomorrow w/o paranoia there
Or... We could lim scum and force scum to have to kill me rather than have town mislim me. Scum's pptions are clearly limited at this point; they want to keep the poe pool as wide as possible so that they don't box themselves into a corner.
In post 1063, Battle Mage wrote:I'll give benefit of the doubt to Ydrasse.
What do you mean, "benefit of the doubt"? Do you really think scum fake claim vig there and expect to ride that claim to lim lo?
In post 1064, Battle Mage wrote:ITB claimed tracker Day 1
I never "claimed". I crumbed very loudly, yes, but I didn't claim tracker Day 1.
In post 1076, Battle Mage wrote:1. Why did you target esotericzoomer N1?
I didn't town read them, and still don't. I think they are deepwolfing. They're making comments here and there, but they are all superfluous.
In post 1076, Battle Mage wrote:2. Why did you target Cookie Monster N2, if she was amongst your townreads?
Lots of people have expressed scum reads on this slot. Good PR play isn't always dictated by one's reads; you have to account for what's best for the game as a whole. I might town read Cookie, but getting a negative result there is more beneficial to 1) double-check I'm not just biasing myself into a wrong read and 2) it's info that will help others sort the slot once the info is given.
In post 1079, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1053, Funeral Goose wrote:Gamma, u aint scum is u?
I keep telling you I'm not
Perhaps it would be better if you showed it rather than tell it.
In post 1080, Battle Mage wrote:I'm convinced I want to elim within Gamma-Goose today. 1 town, 1 scum in that pair. Can we have them case each other?
I'm fine with this. I think Goose has objectively had the scummier play this game, but Gamma is hard enough to read that I could very well be wrong there.
In post 1086, Funeral Goose wrote:Why no mass claim at this point?
Why should we mass claim?
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1106 (isolation #25) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:38 pm

In post 1103, Battle Mage wrote:I don't think you get NKed tonight even if your claim is true.
Oh, of course not. Not tonight. I meant in an "eventually" sense.
In post 1103, Battle Mage wrote:but is it inconceivable that the 1-shot extra kill was scum aligned?
Yes.
Normal Guidelines Wiki Page wrote: Roles which are explicitly Normal for
Town only
include:
Vanilla Townie, Friendly Neighbor, Innocent Child, Mason, Miller,
Vigilante
, Vengeful, any roles listed as "for any alignment
(Emphasis mine.)
In post 1103, Battle Mage wrote:I'd suggest optimal tracker play would have been to target somebody who wasn't widely scumread?
Perhaps. With only two of them left though, they have fewer choices. It's also possible that their roles may force their hand.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1107 (isolation #26) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:39 pm

Intent to hammer in 24 hours if no objections

Doesn't seem like we're really getting anywhere, so no real point in delaying.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1124 (isolation #27) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:18 pm

I might reread, but I'm leaning towards Funeral Goose.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1147 (isolation #28) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:22 pm

I prefer Funeral here, but I will hammer if needed. While I agree Cookie hasn't done much this game, I think it's partially due to lack of familiarity with the game. Ofc, it's possible she is using it as a smokescreen, but I really feel that her teammates would have tried harder to get her to do stuff.

For Funeral, I think all of his posts have been lackluster. I also think the way he reacted to the fake hammer earlier was really telling considering that he later noted he knew it was fake but decided to react as if was real anyways.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1148 (isolation #29) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:22 pm

VOTE: Funeral
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1179 (isolation #30) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:42 am

VOTE: Battle Mage

Nice fake claim, but no. You're a mafia mailman masquerading as a friendly neighbor. You've conveniently targeted the night kill every night except night 2 where you targeted me because you needed someone to confirm your role.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1180 (isolation #31) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:43 am

It makes perfect sense for Battle Mage to end up performing the funeral kill; any other sane scum would night kill the otherwise confirmed town player.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1181 (isolation #32) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:45 am

In post 1173, esotericzoomer wrote:
In post 1172, esotericzoomer wrote:UNVOTE:

so why wouldnt mafia kill you at all though bm?
actually forget i said this i cant possibly think about what a mafia aligned message sender would even be for
VOTE: In the beginning
Town cred; it's weaker than a neighborizer, but scum can use it to masquerade as a townie.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1187 (isolation #33) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:09 pm

I most certainly am not scum.

ggwp scum
In the beginning...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”