Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:13 am

Post by Cass »

Or that Sekinj lied about the letter in question. It would be a smart thing to do in his position. Still, seems it has cleared one person max, all first names start with different letters.

I don't think Mafiamann has to claim, if he thinks it wouldn't help town. His power appears to be harmless (?) But if he isn't going to explain, he should tell us so. And do some scum-hunting.

Vote count
(9 players alive = 5 to lynch before deadline)
(1) raverblood - Rage
(1) thinktank - sekinj

Not voting:
Cass, Gremwell, MafiaMann, Mariyta, PimHel, raverblood, thinktank

Deadline:
Sunday 28 September 2:00 PM (GMT -5 according to forum clock)
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:24 am

Post by MafiaMann »

im not telling
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Rage »

MafiaMann wrote:im not telling
What if I go first?

Updated Again Recap
:
Gremwell
= Zander Ponderly
Mariyta
= Frederic "Honor" Evergreen
qwints
(
replacing raverblood
) = Camille Venderton
sekinj
= Chancellor Jeeves "Sage" Templeton
Rage
= Keira Whitmore
PimHel
(
replacing Singing Librarian
) = Garland Saberfield
thinktank
= Irving Ash
MafiaMann
= Ephraim Farlhume
Cass
= Sir Lothar Guile

All right, so nobody was …stupid?... enough to claim with a B for their first name, which means that either Sekinj is lying or scum is playing it “smart”. Anyways, back to the list of names, I have some role-related information I’d like to share. But first, I will role claim.

I am the Scribe, who has the ability to send a message anonymously to any player in the game once each night. My nickname is "
Dotty
". I’ve successfully sent a message to three players, and they know what they have to do now. Paraphrased, the flavor text for my role is:

"The Baron has asked for your advice before and has come to trust you, asking for your opinion many times. It seems as though there are elements in the Baron's staff that he distrusts, so he's asked you to make your own notes (see "Duty") and hand over them to one of the servants."

My duty is to send my top three suspects to the moderator, accompanied with my night action, every night.

Anyways, I’ve mentioned this Knowledge a lot throughout the game, so it’s about time you guys know what I was talking about. I know that a player with the letter “C” starting one of their names has received suspicious looking letters (I don’t know what’s in them, just that my character finds them suspicious). This information was given to me in my role message, not added to in any way, so I doubt it was talking about one of my letters.

So, the only player who has claimed with a "C" has been Raverblood's replacement, qwints. I'd like to know exactly what letters you are receiving, because I certainly haven't sent one to you, and two players that I did send my letter to have had a bit of discussion between each other early Day 2.

And please, whoever has received an anonymous letter, or a letter in
general, other than Qwints, please do not quote it at all until Qwints has responded. Thanks.
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:31 am

Post by Mariyta »

Then you're back on my scum list. You're only hurting the town now.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:45 am

Post by sekinj »

Mariyta wrote:
Then you're back on my scum list. You're only hurting the town now.
I dont' think this is necessarily true. It could be something that would make him an easy target or something... I just wish he'd communicate that in a way that sounds less like a three year old.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

FIne you know what ill tell you i ensorcel someone i than have the ability to switch their postitions at night or switch their targets the first night i switched sekinji because i thought his info may make him a target.
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by qwints »

I received no anonymous letters. I was told in my flavor text, however, about someone sent by someone else to the area (some of you will know what I'm talking about.) I suppose that knowledge could have come by way of a mysterious letter.

I have to say that I find sekinj extremely suspicious at the moment. He seems to have been demonstrably wrong at least once (though I suppose it might have been a good scum-trap.) He was primarily responsible for the death of OGML, and ThAdmiral was critical of him. He has sought lots of information and tried to explain away of suspicion.
Thus, I will
vote seking
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by qwints »

dammit, i mean
vote sekinj
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Vote qwints
I believe Rage, don't believe qwints.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by sekinj »

I acknowledge the existance of the scribe (because I was given an anon letter to do so).

I also don't like qwint's response. I was not responsible for OGML's death. I was not even voting him.

THanks MM :)
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by Rage »

MafiaMann wrote:FIne you know what ill tell you i ensorcel someone i than have the ability to switch their postitions at night or switch their targets the first night i switched sekinji because i thought his info may make him a target.
Switched his night-action or switched night-actions on him? And, to whom?

This is crucial stuff!
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by Rage »

sekinj wrote:I acknowledge the existance of the scribe (because I was given an anon letter to do so).

I also don't like qwint's response. I was not responsible for OGML's death. I was not even voting him.

THanks MM :)
Confirmed. My Night 0 message was sent to Sekinj, who at the time was Gimbo, because I had no reason to send it to anyone else. And I was playing another game with Gimbo at the time, and didn't recognize anyone else. It doesn't really matter why I chose Sekinj/Gimbo, though, 'cause I'm sure that the majority of Night 0 actions were based on either metagaming, or luck.

@Qwints, I'm definitely not believing you. Here's why:
qwints wrote:I received no anonymous letters.
I didn't ask if you received anonymous letters, I asked if you received any letters at all. This isn't incriminating right now, per se, it's just something I'd like to point out.
qwints wrote:I was told in my flavor text, however, about someone sent by someone else to the area (some of you will know what I'm talking about.)
I was told in my Knowledge, which to me means more than flavour text, if what you are saying is at all true. Besides, I don't think the "suspicious letters" was as literal as it was "this person is scum".
qwints wrote:I suppose that knowledge could have come by way of a mysterious letter.
I don't understand this. Are you saying that I've received a mysterious letter, or that your flavour text may have been given to you by a mysterious letter? Either way, it doesn't make sense because flavour text is just that, flavour, and my Knowledge made no indication that I received it by letter.
qwints wrote:I have to say that I find sekinj extremely suspicious at the moment. He seems to have been demonstrably wrong at least once (though I suppose it might have been a good scum-trap.)
Scum-trap, where? Evidence, please!
qwints wrote:He was primarily responsible for the death of OGML, and ThAdmiral was critical of him.
1. Yes, Sekinj may have been responsible for OhGodMyLife's death, but if she's telling the truth, then not only is that not her fault, because if true that was information given to her, although it was strange that she didn't pressure OhGodMyLife as hard as the rest of the Town was doing, but that also does not clear her name.

2. Sure, ThAdmiral was pro-town, but there's no way we could know that he had any outsider information on Sekinj, because we don't even know what a Cook is. Scribe sounds like what it does, but I just can't imagine, in a Baron's Court, a Cook being some sort of an informative role, like a Cop.
qwints wrote:He has sought lots of information and tried to explain away of suspicion.
But she's said that the reason why she's doing that is because others (like myself and Mariyta) have asked for her information with nothing in return, and she has also said that she'll only reveal information when needed. If there's anything scummy about that, it's that she can make up whatever she wants and it influences the town's decision, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Although, I am pretty interested as to why a role like her's hasn't already been killed, but, and this is just me guessing, it may have something to do with MafiaMann.

So, overall, I don't like your defense. This, coupled with when I brought up earlier today that yesterday Raverblood was the only person who didn't make a comment after I voted many times, makes you earn my vote.

Vote: Qwints

I want a role-claim from you. I also want to hear from the player that received an anonymous letter on Night the First (Night 1).
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:17 pm

Post by qwints »

Rage wrote: I didn't ask if you received anonymous letters, I asked if you received any letters at all. This isn't incriminating right now, per se, it's just something I'd like to point out.
Let me be clear. I've received no letters. My flavor text implies that I have found something out. I suppose that (in flavor world) I could have found that out through letters.
Rage wrote:I suppose that knowledge could have come by way of a mysterious letter. I don't understand this. Are you saying that I've received a mysterious letter, or that your flavour text may have been given to you by a mysterious letter?
As I said above, it's the latter.
rage wrote: Scum-trap, where? Evidence, please!
If someone claimed to have a first name starting with b, and then sekinj revealed that his knowledge said that no one had a name beginning with b then we sekinj would know that person was scum.

Rage, I'm not willing to role claim based solely on your request. If a majority asks for it, however, I will make one.
sekinj wrote: I was not responsible for OGML's death. I was not even voting him.
This is obviously false (as rage acknowledged.)
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by Rage »

I also talked about your reasoning behind your vote on Sekinj. Mind commenting on that or did I get a pretty-much accurate read on what exactly you are basing your vote on?
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by qwints »

Nope, you made a pretty accurate read. :)

However, I don't think that a lack of outside information removes suspicion from sekinj. ThAdmiral was still pressing against sekinj before he was killed. OGML's death was completely due to sekinj.

His requests for information still bother me, though a re-read does show they didn't come out of the blue.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by sekinj »

@q: No, you are wrong. I did not agree with the OGML lynch, did not push for it, did not vote for him, and continually asked people to NOT look at it as a me or him option.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by qwints »

sekinj wrote:
Why is OMGL the best candidate?
It looks like most people think the best lynch today would either be OGML or me. People are leaning toward believing me and lynching OGML because I have provided more detailed information and OGML has just said, "she's lying, I'm vanilla townie".
I think this post represents a little more antagonistic position than you represent.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by sekinj »

qwints wrote:
sekinj wrote:
Why is OMGL the best candidate?
It looks like most people think the best lynch today would either be OGML or me. People are leaning toward believing me and lynching OGML because I have provided more detailed information and OGML has just said, "she's lying, I'm vanilla townie".
I think this post represents a little more antagonistic position than you represent.
notice I did not say that
I
thought the best lynch would be ogml? and it is just the facts that I provided detailed info while OGML just said he was vanilla.
If that is the most antagonistic quote you can come up with, I think I've made my point.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by qwints »

Sekinj, I do not deny that your style is subtle, but you certainly weren't putting the brakes on the OGML lynch.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:22 am

Post by Cass »

I need MM to explain about his switching. Switch what? To what? Are there two targets involved? (One presumedly chosen at night.) Or... how does it work, Mafiamann?

The Rage's claim. Very interesting, but also a tad confusing.
Rage wrote:I am the Scribe, who has the ability to send a message anonymously to any player in the game once each night. My nickname is "Dotty". I’ve successfully sent a message to three players, and they know what they have to do now. Paraphrased, the flavor text for my role is:

"The Baron has asked for your advice before and has come to trust you, asking for your opinion many times. It seems as though there are elements in the Baron's staff that he distrusts, so he's asked you to make your own notes (see "Duty") and hand over them to one of the servants."

My duty is to send my top three suspects to the moderator, accompanied with my night action, every night.
So, the letter-sending and the 'Duty' are two separate night actions? With the first being optional and the second obligatory? Is that right? Would you mind sharing your 'top three' of N0 and N1 with us?
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:28 am

Post by Cass »

One more thing, while we are sharing information. My role PM tells me the threat we are looking for is of a supernatural nature. And as far as I know, magic is supernatural. That makes me think we should lynch Mafiamann... I suppose he could be a supernatural on our side, but that seems a very dangerous assumption. I gave him a chance to exlain himself, but his 'explanation' has only increased my suspicion.

FoS: Mafiamann
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:40 am

Post by Gremwell »

not sure what to make of this right now.

sekinj, was the bit about the B in the name true? or were you laying a trap?
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:24 am

Post by sekinj »

Gremwell wrote:not sure what to make of this right now.

Yes, I was laying a trap. I didn't want to admit it though, because now I can't lay any more.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:43 am

Post by Mariyta »

Gremwell wrote:not sure what to make of this right now.

I hope that wasn't a serious question.

qwints, you are floundering horribly.

I can confirm Rage's claim. I, too, received a letter. Last night, in fact.

I took MM's comment to mean he switched Sekinj's position to protect her. Can either of you (sekinj or MM) confirm or deny this?
-Susan Ertz

qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:42 am

Post by qwints »

Mariyta wrote: qwints, you are floundering horribly.
I don't understand what your point is. I thought I was pretty clear that I haven't received letters in game, but that it's plausible that my character has received letters.

I stand by my accusation of sekinj. The positions she took on the first day clearly led to the death of OGML. Just because she acted like she was against the lynch in no way changes the fact that the claim she made led to the lynch. Although she claims she was not voting for OGML's lynch, she did put him at L-1 in post 295 (although time was running out) and voted for him at post 268.

She has requested information early and often. Often these requests were in response to others asking for information, but I don't think anyone objectively reading the thread could say she was not responsible for a lot of information coming out. In post 60, she suggested people sharing her first name. This suggestion was in no way prompted by someone else asking for information first.

Combined with these two facts, sekinj seems unwilling to release much information. How much information does she really have? Is it worth the town not ever knowing if she gets nk'd?

I see no reason to disbelieve rage, but that in no way clears sekinj. The evil chancellor is a pretty common trope in fantasy. Maybe those who seem to believe sekinj have inside information I'm not privy to, but I see her as the best suspect.

On the other hand, I can confirm one of her statements. At one point, she said there were three known section, one unknown and one that would come into use. I know that there are five possible rooms: The village inn, the stables, the guest quarters and the mansion's left and right wing. Rage has also confirmed that a note was sent to her. Can anyone else confirm information from sekinj?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”