Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:07 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1547, Saudade wrote:Clown
If you’re going this much out of your way to undermine me, it’s antitown. I know things that you don’t and you have no justification for questioning that.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:07 am

Post by Saudade »

Im hardly going out of my way to do anything
Passion or coincidence once prompted you to say
"Pride will tear us both apart"
Well, now pride's gone out the window
Cross the rooftops, run away
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:08 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1542, Batsunami wrote:
In post 1500, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1495, Batsunami wrote:
In post 1489, Pyro wrote:Tbh I was expecting more ridicule and frustration from Battle Mage
Haha i did mention to Noraa i expected him to mention how he expects me to be better than this or something along those lines, as he usually might. Not complaining though

~Bat
you didn't do anything though, so why would i say that? *shrug*

you're in a hydra with noraa - she is doing what noraa does, you are doing what you do. it's pretty much what i'd expect from you both.
Well, fair enough. i didn't do much more than say there was merit to part of Mastina's case in the other game and you immediately accused me of being scum or bad. Here I said i think it's possible because i did notice a difference, you have a good scumgame, you're a good pick etc., but i'm not convinced.

but that was late in the day and it took like forever to get through mastina's wall so i suppose it can be a different beast. I'm not really gonna let it affect my read
yeah i thought you totally bad-faithed me in that game, but obviously i was wrong. maybe you're right i was just disappointed. I suppose the equivalent here would be if you told me you thought noraa's argument against me had merit. in which case, yes i guess i'd be disappointed (or surprised :lol:). But I'm pretty ambivalent about your read on me here as in practice, your vote will largely be controlled by noraa based on activity levels/volume of posting.

this game could be pretty easy if my townreads actually worked together, but it hasn't panned out yet.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:08 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1548, Saudade wrote:Clown on a power trip
In post 1550, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1547, Saudade wrote:Clown
If you’re going this much out of your way to undermine me, it’s antitown. I know things that you don’t and you have no justification for questioning that.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:08 am

Post by Saudade »

Let alone undermine queen nancy
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:09 am

Post by Battle Mage »

I'm not at all sold on Saudade-scum. but I am very bought in to the idea that people should listen to the townstump.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:10 am

Post by Saudade »

I actually agree that we should slowdown the bm wagon and look elsewhere for a bit despite giving noraa my vote today
Pyro
Pyro
Goon
Pyro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:11 am

Post by Pyro »

In post 1549, Pyro wrote:
In post 1326, Batsunami wrote:
In post 1296, Fey wrote:Does anyone know how much confidence each individual head of Batsunami could fake on a read like this, or how much emotion they could fake regarding being angry for people not biting?

In theory this feels towny to me and I think they do err towards town but something right now is pinging me about this, I think it is how they’re strong arming everyone and then saying they won’t get flipped? Even if Battle Mage is town. It is a LOT of confidence and I’m unsure if either of these players are ever like this...
Haha I never have confidence on the first 2-3 days, except for on some of my townreads which are always my main goal to get during this time. in that respect, Tsunami and I are polar opposites

I do not believe I've seen this from scum!Noraa, except perhaps in a game I modded where she and a scumpartner theatered confident SRs on each other for a while D1. Even there i dont believe they were calling for quick elims on each other though.

May as well bring the thread in on this, Noraa and I have opposite takes on Pyro at the moment. hopefully she's shared most of hers so i'll just focus on what ive been saying

Pyro halting the momentum on his own wagon (War and Peace) or at least shifting from it in order to investigate Starcrossed for a supposed ellitell appears town to me. It comes across as a thought he genuinely had and feels is important enough to mention and confident enough to push -- whereas I struggle to find a decent incentive for scum Pyro to do this. Especially cause ellitells are kind of unsavoury but definitely could feel accurate to the user. I wondered if this is a purposeful distraction to a scum wagon but that just doesnt make much sense when he's cutting off his own wagon really (this was before BM)
^This is fine, but something I think I can fake as scum without too much worry.

The other thing i noticed was Pyro going for the full solve including one of his own townleans (without even going over the reasoning until a few posts later). i feel it betrays he's thinking pretty deeply about his reads, certainly more than surface-level takes on each individual player. Pyro definitely has does this in the past, even successfully calling out lots of scum this way, so it doesnt surprise me to see it
^This is a really good reason and made me realize I don't really do this as scum. Much appreciated for the intel.

Not convinced yet although Pyro does come off pretty fluid this game, very active, he does not like scum as much as town. i dont have a lot of experience with him as scum although this does match my town expectations
^Oh, and this is generally a towntell for me. The WIM does come to me easier as town, but it's not a surefire tell.

~Bat
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:11 am

Post by Saudade »

I just have a BIG so ill do as I please in my own attempt to solve this game and have fun
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:12 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1551, Saudade wrote:Im hardly going out of my way to do anything
In post 1496, Saudade wrote:why is nancy is so certain the town wont rebel against her wishes if she'll be a bad queen
In post 1521, Saudade wrote:
In post 1516, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1456, Saudade wrote:oh my god this is like one of the most common scum slips ever
Why are you sr my trs?
Because one of us is a bad player

and odds are its not the brilliant player
These posts specifically. You’re both calling me a “bad player” and trying to get town to mistrust my solve. I am the town stump and I know things you don’t. You ignoring that is concerning.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:12 am

Post by Saudade »

In post 1555, Battle Mage wrote:I'm not at all sold on Saudade-scum. but I am very bought in to the idea that people should listen to the townstump.
I agree, i just wish we had a...
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:13 am

Post by Saudade »

In post 1559, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1496, Saudade wrote:why is nancy is so certain the town wont rebel against her wishes if she'll be a bad queen
In post 1456, Saudade wrote:oh my god this is like one of the most common scum slips ever
Why are you sr my trs?

These posts specifically. You’re both calling me a “bad player” and trying to get town to mistrust my solve. I am the town stump and I know things you don’t. You ignoring that is concerning.
Sorry i dont rate you as a player though
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

I don't think Saudade-scum does all of the following:

1. Makes a point of emphasising how bad the BM-wagon is, going against the vocal consensus.
2. U-turns immediately and agrees we should definitely elim BM today.
3. Actively tries to piss off the townstump for no reason.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:13 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

VOTE: Gamma

DO SOMETHING
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i'd like to ask everyone to be nice and respectful, but it'll just get me elimmed. :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:14 am

Post by Saudade »

I didnt do #1, its not a bad wagon its just that if the day ends too fast itll be terrible
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:14 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1561, Saudade wrote:
In post 1559, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
Why are you sr my trs?

Sorry i dont rate you as a player though
Are you trolling or insulting me here? I honestly can’t tell.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:15 am

Post by Saudade »

And if you flip scum it will be hillarious
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:15 am

Post by Saudade »

I literally dont rate you, its not an insult you're just an average player get on with the game now and stop feeling so shocked
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:16 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1562, Battle Mage wrote:I don't think Saudade-scum does all of the following:

1. Makes a point of emphasising how bad the BM-wagon is, going against the vocal consensus.
2. U-turns immediately and agrees we should definitely elim BM today.
3. Actively tries to piss off the townstump for no reason.
Anyone who understands this setup understands that both stumps are informed in both similar and different ways.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Batsunami
Batsunami
Goon
Batsunami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:16 am

Post by Batsunami »

Pyro wrote:
In post 1326, Batsunami wrote:Pyro halting the momentum on his own wagon (War and Peace) or at least shifting from it in order to investigate Starcrossed for a supposed ellitell appears town to me. It comes across as a thought he genuinely had and feels is important enough to mention and confident enough to push -- whereas I struggle to find a decent incentive for scum Pyro to do this. Especially cause ellitells are kind of unsavoury but definitely could feel accurate to the user. I wondered if this is a purposeful distraction to a scum wagon but that just doesnt make much sense when he's cutting off his own wagon really (this was before BM)
^This is fine, but something I think I can fake as scum without too much worry.

The other thing i noticed was Pyro going for the full solve including one of his own townleans (without even going over the reasoning until a few posts later). i feel it betrays he's thinking pretty deeply about his reads, certainly more than surface-level takes on each individual player. Pyro definitely has does this in the past, even successfully calling out lots of scum this way, so it doesnt surprise me to see it
^This is a really good reason and made me realize I don't really do this as scum. Much appreciated for the intel.
Weee! i hope you're town now

to weigh in on the Saudade thunderdome, i do kinda doubt Titus picks him off the bat. I also notice I have an odd tendency to townread Saudade during the stretches where he's playing rather than memeing, even in other games. Maybe ill develop that into something useful

I'm prolly not townreading him for going against Nancy though, i'd expect that from him either way i doubt he could resist
In post 1470, Saudade wrote:
In post 1468, Batsunami wrote:im getting a bit of a soul townread on Morty with their pop ins but im more than anything putting this as a reminder for me to look at them later

~Bat
go to class
HEY if i want to disregard my impending school deadlines thats what im gonna do

But yea no you're right okay

~Bat
One who is a flurry of (´・ω・`)'s
and one who is a flurry of :OOOO's
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:17 am

Post by Saudade »

I never know who im talking to with this hydra
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:17 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1565, Saudade wrote:I didnt do #1, its not a bad wagon its just that if the day ends too fast itll be terrible
it may have been accidental, but you did discredit the wagon. i think you're town either way, so won't shed blood over it.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Sherlock and Watson
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:17 am

Post by Sherlock and Watson »

In post 1532, Battle Mage wrote:My vote on you is for your unexplained vote on me...which you still haven't explained? Is this discussion meant to distract me from that?

No, Noraa's early game reads tend to be very solid, she's very obviously town and your response to the push has not been all that good. I also feel like I should UNVOTE: VOTE: Battle Mage because accusing me of distracting you from answering your question when I'm literally discussing my read on you is nagl.

-S
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:18 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1568, Saudade wrote:I literally dont rate you, its not an insult you're just an average player get on with the game now and stop feeling so shocked
Flattery won’t get you to endgame sport. You currently owe your game life to Noraa.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”