Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #223 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:51 am

Post by Jim Hawkins »

Unvote
There is a lot of nonsense filler posting to sort through. Brb.
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #327 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by Jim Hawkins »

Okay. I just read through the whole thread.
In post 227, bugspray wrote:
In post 223, Jim Hawkins wrote:
Unvote
There is a lot of nonsense filler posting to sort through. Brb.
weird unvote off of a slot that doesn't even have any pressure
why not figure out a better vote and pivot then? nobody is going to think worse of you to keep yur rvs vote
Just from skimming through the thread this morning, I could tell we were out of the RVS. Even though the vote didn't have any pressure, I didn't want to leave a random vote on a player without having caught up.
That having been said, if tris hadn't replaced in for Eoosa, I was ready to vote Eoosa right now. Maybe I'm over thinking this, but if Eoosa was scum and starting to get bandwagoned...replacing out would actually be a good move to save the scum slot. I'm going to keep my eye on tris, but I also don't want to hold them accountable for Eoosa's erratic posting.

bugspray came in pretty aggressive, but I'm reading them as town atm. And like Eoosa, Andresvmb also had a lot of meaningless filler posts in the first few pages, but I'm not sure I have a read either way on them.

Town: DkKoba, Cook, Facebones, bugspray
Scum: tris/Esooa?
Null: Andresvmb, nopointinactingup, Prince Zuko, Polaris, Egix96, geraintm, RLotus
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #337 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:58 pm

Post by Jim Hawkins »

In post 335, bugspray wrote:cook can get yeeted but i'm interested why he's in jim's townreads when that's literally the only mention of cook in his entire iso
Yeah, sorry. I just don't see the case against cook. Feel free to change my mind :)
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #432 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:54 pm

Post by Jim Hawkins »

In post 367, Prince Zuko wrote: why do you townread cook & facebones? & sr triss/esooa
I got a good vibe from facebones based on what they had posted so far. And I felt like Cook was ultimately trying to push conversation, while esooa was chaotic and mostly derailing conversations.
However, I'm a little worried about the immediate bandwagoning on polaris by DkKoba and Cook. Like, literally minutes after RLotus placed his vote (with absolutely no reasoning or previous suspicion). Granted, I'm a little rusty at this game, but I'm surprised no one else has commented on that...
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #437 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:58 pm

Post by Jim Hawkins »

In post 430, Cook wrote:wait so we're voting jim now?

VOTE: Jim
Why *are* you voting Jim? Just because DkKoba is? Is that also your reasoning behind following their vote on Polaris? What is your actual case against me?
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #454 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:32 pm

Post by Jim Hawkins »

In post 438, Cook wrote:I am following Dk right now, yes.
Okay, then I am also following Dk:
In post 323, DkKoba wrote:VOTE: Cook
VOTE: Cook
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #459 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:44 pm

Post by Jim Hawkins »

In post 455, Andresvmb wrote:Okay we’re definitely getting somewhere. That completely survivalist and Scummy vote means we might actually be right here.
My vote on Cook is for his sheeping along after DkKoba on several votes, trying to start band wagons. How is that survivalistic? Cook's vote on me is simply because DkKoba voted for me....and I'm not even sure what Dk's justification was, other than being drunk.
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #498 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:40 am

Post by Jim Hawkins »

In post 486, tris wrote:what is your opinion on andres on the wagon?
It looks like he's voting for me for being both unremarkable while also speculating too much about Esooa's request for replacement. Honestly, I think it's a weak case, since everything for town on D1 is speculation. I think it was an easy wagon to jump on.
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #573 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:28 am

Post by Jim Hawkins »

DkKoba, per your post #561, when trying to show me voting for no reason onto Cook, you conveniently left out the middle posts:
In post 432, Jim Hawkins wrote:I'm a little worried about the immediate bandwagoning on polaris by DkKoba and Cook. Like, literally minutes after RLotus placed his vote (with absolutely no reasoning or previous suspicion). Granted, I'm a little rusty at this game, but I'm surprised no one else has commented on that...
In post 437, Jim Hawkins wrote:
In post 430, Cook wrote:wait so we're voting jim now?

VOTE: Jim
Why *are* you voting Jim? Just because DkKoba is? Is that also your reasoning behind following their vote on Polaris? What is your actual case against me?
In post 438, Cook wrote:I am following Dk right now, yes.
He joined two different wagons within two hours of each other, simply because they were wagons and you were onboard.
Now you're trying to make me look erratic by cherry picking my posts. Please do more work.
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #655 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:13 pm

Post by Jim Hawkins »

In post 629, Prince Zuko wrote:I'd like an updated readlist from Jim and one from nopoint
I'm skeptical about Cook and DkKoba. Geraintm hasn't posted any content, which by this point in the game is kind of suspicious.
Null on Facebones, Egix96, Flea and nopointinactingup.
I don't think Andres is scum, but I obviously disagree with his reasoning that I am also scum.
And I'm town reading bugspray, Prince Zuko, RLotus and tris.

It's been a busy week for me, but I will be around ALLLL weekend.
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #769 (isolation #11) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:04 am

Post by Jim Hawkins »

Honestly, I agree with Andres reads. From what I can tell, Cook is at E-2, and I am okay with this. But, I am also on-board for a geraintm lynch. They have posted almost no content. SOMEHOW couldn't come up with reads on anyone by post 666:
In post 666, geraintm wrote:someone asked for reads.
I don't really have much.
Flea I have no idea what they are on about
DKKoba is talking so much they shouldn't get eliminated today.
Not understanding what someone is saying isn't a read. Thinking someone is saying too much also isn't a read.
And then they admitted in post 735 that quoting without analyzing and lurking around was as good as it's going to get.
In post 735, geraintm wrote:
In post 683, Egix96 wrote:
Null-town so far but I'm hoping to see more.
this is as good as it gets day 1 from me.
You may want to change up your Day 1 playing style. VOTE: geraintm
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #772 (isolation #12) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:24 am

Post by Jim Hawkins »

In post 770, tris wrote:do you think geraintm is scum?
I think he is not beneficial to the town based on my case above. I also think it's okay if different players use different arguments to justify their votes, as long as the arguments are logical and make sense. We don't always have to agree on each and every point for why we're voting for the same person.
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #822 (isolation #13) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:58 am

Post by Jim Hawkins »

In post 820, Egix96 wrote:I kinda feel like you know geraint is town from the way you're talking about him there. Last line of first quote seems to assume so and I'm unsatisfied with the response in the second quote.
I don't think he is town. That is literally why I outlined my concerns about his gameplay and voted to eliminate him from the game, lol.

However, we are approaching deadline. Between gerainmt and cook, I think we could learn more from a cook flip. He's been more active and there is more to go off of, either way he flips.
VOTE: Cook
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #958 (isolation #14) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by Jim Hawkins »

@MOD Vote count, please!! I'm not sure if Cook is at E-1....or did we reach a majority? I definitely want to hear from cook at E-1 before we hammer, if that hasn't already happened.
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1120 (isolation #15) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:43 am

Post by Jim Hawkins »

I believe nopoints counter claim, Zuko's claimed reads, and am ready to vote for Dk.
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1337 (isolation #16) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:49 am

Post by Jim Hawkins »

Hey y'all. Sorry for the absence. It's been another unexpectedly busy week irl. Will try to find some time later today to slog through all of DkKoba's rambling, semi-incoherent D2 posts and get back in the game.
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1356 (isolation #17) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by Jim Hawkins »

Hokay, so....
In post 1057, DkKoba wrote:Ah i thought andres was mason welp i retract lmao
nopoint u suck
This makes absolutely no sense. Even if Andres was a mason, what makes you think he would still support your fake claim? That would still be bad for town because you would be forcing a townsperson to lie to the rest of the town. If you were going to fake claim any PR, why pick one that is so easy to CC? There would never just be one mason in a game....that's just VT, lol.
Also, you were currently in no danger of getting lynched at the point of your hardclaim...it really makes no sense.
In post 1101, DkKoba wrote:I think im valuable to town victory and i will get nightkilled at some point so u dont have to worry. If im around by lylo then heah thats def easy vote there.
Horrible argument. Right now no one cares if
you
think you are valuable. We want you to prove how you've already been valuable and why we should keep you.

I like Andresvmb's post 1147 and the thought and reasoning he puts into his scum hunting.
In post 1168, DkKoba wrote:idk why everyone off the fucking wagon get a pass why do i need to be held to these ridiculous standards every fucking game im town
Because you kept leading Cook around trying to start different wagons when people started developing cases against him. I've already called you both out on it, but voted for Cook because his sheeping was scummier.

Honestly, it just got convoluted after that. Dk stopped making sense three pages into D2. I know they are V/LA, but considering Cook was buddying up to Dk almost all D1, and then they admitted to a fake PR claim HOURS into D2, and have since tried to stall/backtrack/distract everyone since then...
VOTE: DkKoba
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1380 (isolation #18) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:06 am

Post by Jim Hawkins »

In post 1375, Flea The Magician wrote: The mason claim, knowing it would be counterclaimed, the series of posts following where they apparently couldn't be heard despite being the most vocal person in almost every game they're in, multiple AtE out of character, etc.

I'm going back to D1 to re-evaluate there post flip, looking at a few interactions.

I'm confident the slot is town still, but I need to reconfirm.
How is someone fake claiming to force a known town PR to counterclaim a pro-town action? This just insures nopoint will be nk'd tonight.
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1428 (isolation #19) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by Jim Hawkins »

Gamma/DK is at L-2, but still, I agree that we should hold off on hammering until we hear from them first.

Odd, though... assuming two scum remain, this would be an easy target for them to wagon on, unless they are both already voting Gamma/Dk, or Gamma/Dk is one of them and the other doesn't want to bus their partner.
The town seems torn between Gamma/Dk and gerain, both of whom are, oddly, not voting at all for either case. I really think we might be on the right track here.
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1466 (isolation #20) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:17 am

Post by Jim Hawkins »

In post 1463, geraintm wrote:
In post 1462, Flea The Magician wrote:Potentially yes.

I have suspicions on setup which I need to confirm via normal rulesets - its rare I play normals.
I just can't work out how people could see me as scum when I was so against eliminating dkkoba is all
You were also conveniently absent from the Cook elimination as well....hmm.
In fact, looking at your voting history, other than your RVS vote for the mod, you voted once D1 for Andres, and once D2....for Andres.
And now asking point blank if people find your play scummy?
FoS: geraintm
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1516 (isolation #21) » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by Jim Hawkins »

Considering who is left, here are my updated reads:

Town Vibes: nopointinactingup, Andresvmb, bugspray
Nullish Vibes: Flea The Magician, Egix96
Scum Vibes: geraintm, Facebones, RLotus

Out of the scum, I would rather vote geraintm and then Facebones.
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1560 (isolation #22) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:25 pm

Post by Jim Hawkins »

I'll be around all weekend. Will build an actual case then.
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1569 (isolation #23) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:49 pm

Post by Jim Hawkins »

After some surprisingly detailed sleuthwork from Egix I'm shifting them up into a null-ish read, and I am fully on board with either a geraintm or Facebones elim today. While we are waiting for Facebones to come up with a probable claim, I will avoid placing the hammer vote. Instead, I'm going to VOTE: geraintm as a sign that I still want to see them eliminated based on their incredibly scummy performance in this game.
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1572 (isolation #24) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:57 pm

Post by Jim Hawkins »

In post 1571, Facebones wrote:Still waiting to see what kind of cases Jim comes up with and if nopoint has anything to say on the matter
Well, since you asked... I did an iso on you, Facey-B....and I'm actually not getting any super scum-vibes. Town, please correct me and prove me wrong. But, I think geraintm's play has been overall more anti-town, whereas Facebones has just been distant. I stick by my vote on geraintm.
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1621 (isolation #25) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by Jim Hawkins »

We can talk in circles about who is or isn't the scum pair (assuming there are two left). But.... since we cannot guarantee 100% accuracy.... who would we learn the most from, regardless of their flip?
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1652 (isolation #26) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:17 am

Post by Jim Hawkins »

In post 1651, Facebones wrote:I'm going to go to sleep in ~2 hours and will be at work for deadline. Ask your questions now or forever hold your peace.
Did you ever claim? If yes, please link. If no, please claim.
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1653 (isolation #27) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:19 am

Post by Jim Hawkins »

Otherwise, I'm willing to do the opposite of Andresvmb and hammer Facebones at deadline.
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1682 (isolation #28) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by Jim Hawkins »

Can someone please explain the importance and/or relevance of the fruit? I looked it up, but am still confused as to its purpose...
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1701 (isolation #29) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:28 am

Post by Jim Hawkins »

Can everyone please give me their reads on Flea? I feel like they're slipping off people's scum-radar
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1712 (isolation #30) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:45 am

Post by Jim Hawkins »

In post 1711, bugspray wrote:VOTE: flea hey can you give a color key for your list o that it's more parseable? i gave some benefit of douby in and was hoping we would get a color legend key for your strange list
Really? I know it's been 24 hrs since your 1704 post, but there have also only been 7 other posts in the time frame. None of which have been from Flea.
Granted, I am down to vote for Flea myself, but I don't understand your "pressure vote" when they haven't been active in this thread since your first post.
FoS: Bug
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1714 (isolation #31) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:53 am

Post by Jim Hawkins »

In post 1713, bugspray wrote:YEAH, REALLY! I'm gonna put pressure on a slot I want something specific from.
And yet, your pressure vote means nothing if they aren't here to see it :P :lol:
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1727 (isolation #32) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:58 am

Post by Jim Hawkins »

In post 1725, geraintm wrote: So, me being very vocal that eliminating dkkoba was a bad idea gives me no town cred.
Me not voting for someone who was scum day 1 gave me no town cred.
Why would you expect to get town cred for
not
voting for Cook D1.

I was hoping someone would make a better case for Bug or Flea, but at least for the time being.... VOTE: geraintm
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1754 (isolation #33) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by Jim Hawkins »

Unvote
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1783 (isolation #34) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Jim Hawkins »

In post 1781, clidd wrote:My solve rn depends on my impression of {Bug, Egix and Flea}.
If it came down to these three, I would vote for them in this order: Flea, Egix, Bug.
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1796 (isolation #35) » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:48 am

Post by Jim Hawkins »

Geraintm has just voted for both RLotus and Bugspray, neither of which had any other votes at the time. It almost reads like diversion to see if a wagon will pick up. The only other wagon this could be diverting from would be Flea.

VOTE: Flea The Magician
You are at E-1. Say what you need to.
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1864 (isolation #36) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:28 am

Post by Jim Hawkins »

I'm here, but at work. Will post my thoughts this evening when I'm home on a computer.
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1872 (isolation #37) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:10 pm

Post by Jim Hawkins »

In post 1857, bugspray wrote:if we all had to dayvig one person right now who would it be?
Is this a theoretical question, or are you claiming?
Either way, I would dayvig Egix.

Also. There are three masons in this game, and I am the third one. Nopoint breadcrumbed it here in this post:
In post 1419, nopointinactingup wrote:The biggest evidence for this is just how dkkoba tried to derail Cook's wagon on multiple occasions and tried to push me and
Jim
. The fakeclaims are anti-town but they are null and there's not really evidence which alignment it
is
. I'm pretty confident of my read here, which is also backed by zuko, the other
mason

Also the assumption is that the number of scum in a normal game with 13 players is
According to both nopoint and Clidd, we should vote for either Egix or Bugspray. I suggest we start with Egix.
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1878 (isolation #38) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:50 am

Post by Jim Hawkins »

I don't see a reason to wait around on this.
VOTE: Egix96
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1914 (isolation #39) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:44 am

Post by Jim Hawkins »

I have to give props to RLotus. You got everyone to townread you. Plus, You knew both nopoint/Clidd and I were mason, and still let us live. Having masons in the game ended up being against town favor, since it lead to Dk's elim, and ultimately helped set the stage to get me to elim Egix.

I had a lot of fun with this one. Thank you all!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”