Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:09 am

Post by Jebus »

I didn't vote because I wasn't 100% sure of it. And I'm still not.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
Reclusion
Reclusion
Goon
Reclusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:17 am

Post by Reclusion »

Jebus wrote:I didn't vote because I wasn't 100% sure of it. And I'm still not.
Yes, but I don't think anyone is ever 100% sure of anyone unless they're either scum or the mod.

Do you have any comments about iamausername's vote on you?
[ooc][i][color=red]Blue.[/color][/i][/ooc] [ooc][b][color=blue]Green.[/color][/b][/ooc] [ooc][u][color=green]Red.[/color][/u][/ooc]
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Qwints replaces Tovarish. Also, is there anyone would wish to have a vote count?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Reclusion
Reclusion
Goon
Reclusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by Reclusion »

MafiaSSK wrote:
Qwints replaces Tovarish. Also, is there anyone would wish to have a vote count?
Welcome, Qwints! And yes, mod, a vote count would be good. Also this:
Reclusion wrote:Oh and
Mod,
do we really have deadlines in this game? If so, can you place the exact deadline somewhere either in the title or the first post of the game?
[ooc][i][color=red]Blue.[/color][/i][/ooc] [ooc][b][color=blue]Green.[/color][/b][/ooc] [ooc][u][color=green]Red.[/color][/u][/ooc]
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by Jebus »

I'm just ignoring iamusername's vote.

And I don't need to be 100% sure to vote, I just want to feel like I'm close.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by qwints »

Wow, I'm getting nothing from this thread. I read through and nothing jumped out at me. I'll do a more thorough analysis in a bit, but I'm not seeing anything suspicious yet.

On another note : what set ups are possible for this game?
This is a closed game meaning you do not know the possible setups.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by iamausername »

Jebus wrote:I'm just ignoring iamusername's vote.
GOOD IDEAR.

Seriously, you simultaneously said "Lynch All Lurkers is a good idea" and "Yaw is scummy for suggesting Lynch All Lurkers". Could you please explain how this does not make you the scummiest scum ever to have scummed?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by Yaw »

Welcome, qwints!

Mod:
Yes, vote count please. Also, Netman's only post this entire game is on page 1. Please look into this.

Otherwise, I wouldn't go quite that far regarding Jebus, but I do want that contradiction explained. (I'm also worried about about our chances for getting lynches if she(?) insists on being
that
certain about voting.)
Success breeds suspicion
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Welcome Qwints.

Iam might have a point, it does seem to be contradictive, but I didn't find it scummy when I first saw it.

I do agree that i've not been getting a good feel from Hasd.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Xtoxm wrote:Welcome Qwints.

Iam might have a point, it does seem to be contradictive, but I didn't find it scummy when I first saw it.

Could you explain that not good feeling or do you just like agreeing with people who have no reasoning without even giving your reasoning.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:55 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

hasdgfas wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:Welcome Qwints.

Could you explain that not good feeling or do you just like agreeing with people who have no reasoning without even giving your reasoning.
I mentioned this early before BM said anything about you. It's hard for me to point out something particular, it's just a general feeling i've been getting from you.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:55 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

*Earlier
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:22 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Reclusion wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:You're afraid to vote for me because it will be seen as OMGUS?

For real?

BM
Afraid isn't the right word, no. I'm just saying that what you did earlier on was more of a minor offense and probably wasn't worth a vote at that time when I know it's likely someone will turn it into an OMGUS argument (whether it be you or someone else). I don't want to clog up the thread with something like that.
Seems a tad over-defensive. But then, what do you expect from someone who's policy is to ignore all consequences of my actions. :P
Reclusion wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Reclusion's reaction is a bit jumpy- in saying that Alvinz put me near to a lynch, which is in fact, not the case.
How closely are you reading the thread? I questioned alvinz95 because he said that he hadn't really bothered to read the thread before placing his vote. I wanted to test to see if he was telling the truth about this by asking him if he checked the vote counts before placing his vote on you.
I'd say i'm reading fairly closely. Maybe not closely enough to be a mind-reader quite yet. :roll:

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Reclusion
Reclusion
Goon
Reclusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:59 am

Post by Reclusion »

:roll: yourself, BM.

We've got a looooooooooot of quiet people in this game. Come out and let us get to know you people!
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:22 am

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

Yaw wrote:Netman's only post this entire game is on page 1.
Well, his last post on the site was almost a week ago. So he's either super-lurking, or just not around.
Who the hell is "General Failure", and why is he reading my hard drive?
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:54 am

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

Scratch that... He just started posting in other games after I said that.
Who the hell is "General Failure", and why is he reading my hard drive?
Netman
Netman
Townie
Netman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:53 am

Post by Netman »

Mr_Gnome_It_All wrote:
Yaw wrote:Netman's only post this entire game is on page 1.
Well, his last post on the site was almost a week ago. So he's either super-lurking, or just not around.
Well... more like 4 days. I had a really good weekend, and before that I didn't have anything to contribute since my random vote.

unvote
my previous random vote on Reclusion

So here's my problem. We don't know what the setup is, and all we have to go on right now is 14 pages of mildly suspicious people acting mildly suspicious. For all we know, we have 5 millers, 4 masons, 3 serial killers, and 2 cult recruiters, and a lone mafia godfather. (well, aside from the fact that's 15 people (although some of the masons could also be millers)).

While claiming would be an egregiously stupid thing to do, I'm really curious if there are any power roles in this game. I almost feel like I'm playing against the mod, who knows all the role information and identities, but then I realize that this is what mafia *should* be about, having no information at all, and having to feel your way around in the dark.

So none of the reasons given to vote alvinz95 are particularly compelling, but they also aren't clearly specious enough to incriminate the voter. I feel like I have to make a soup, but I'm not given meat, potates, vegatables or seasonings. Just water.

And yes, I already know the answer is to boil the water and throw someone in. And yes, I also know that someone 20 pages from now is going to say, "hey, Netman made a post without any content on page 8, let's lynch him"
Netman
Netman
Townie
Netman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:56 am

Post by Netman »

Mr_Gnome_It_All wrote:Scratch that... He just started posting in other games after I said that.
Yeah, I'm trying to post in all 4 games I'm in today, but work keeps getting in the way. But I shall presevere!
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:25 am

Post by Yaw »

I don't get it. You're complaining about being in a closed setup? That's how things usually are around here.

There are a few things around you could comment on. Choose one and dive in.
Success breeds suspicion
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:33 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Netman, that was a whole lot of nothing. Things have been said, so why don't you have any thoughts on them?
Netman
Netman
Townie
Netman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:54 am

Post by Netman »

Yaw wrote:I don't get it. You're complaining about being in a closed setup? That's how things usually are around here.
Well, my only completed game so far is a F11 newbie game, and I read a lot of newbie games, to try to learn about obvious mistakes not to make. And in the F11 games you know what you have to work with.
Yaw wrote:There are a few things around you could comment on. Choose one and dive in.
Maybe you're seeing something I'm not, but so far it's a bunch of "you're scummy", "no you're scummy". None of them seem to be worthy of any additional discussion. I'm in the process of taking a couple notes to remind myself to look back at a few things during the next game day, but right now I don't have anything more than a few feelings.

But if you want a comment Hasdgfas, why is Battle Mage voting for you in post 169? There seems to be little rhyme or reason with that vote. If Battle Mage really wanted to lynch you, why not provide a little more justification than your post saying random voting isn't helpful after real discussion has started. He's not giving enough impetus to start a bandwagon, so why vote at all?

Hasdgfas, I know you asked Battle Mage to clarify the reason for voting you, but why do
you
think Battle Mage is voting for you?
Netman
Netman
Townie
Netman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:58 am

Post by Netman »

Oh, I meant to quote hasdgfas too in my post above. Oops.
hasdgfas wrote:Netman, that was a whole lot of nothing. Things have been said, so why don't you have any thoughts on them?
And don't you know you're supposed to bring up that somebody made a contentless post during lylo, to engineer a town loss by lynching an innocent person? You don't have any idea how to play as scum do you? :D
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:15 am

Post by Yaw »

Netman wrote:And don't you know you're supposed to bring up that somebody made a contentless post during lylo, to engineer a town loss by lynching an innocent person? You don't have any idea how to play as scum do you? :D
I'm sorry, what? Where did that comment come from? What is it referring to? If it's another unrelated game, why mention it here at all?
Success breeds suspicion
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:16 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Netman wrote:But if you want a comment Hasdgfas, why is Battle Mage voting for you in post 169? There seems to be little rhyme or reason with that vote. If Battle Mage really wanted to lynch you, why not provide a little more justification than your post saying random voting isn't helpful after real discussion has started. He's not giving enough impetus to start a bandwagon, so why vote at all?

Hasdgfas, I know you asked Battle Mage to clarify the reason for voting you, but why do
you
think Battle Mage is voting for you?
I really have no idea why he is voting for me.
Netman wrote:And don't you know you're supposed to bring up that somebody made a contentless post during lylo, to engineer a town loss by lynching an innocent person? You don't have any idea how to play as scum do you? :D
what the heck is this?
Netman
Netman
Townie
Netman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Netman »

hasdgfas wrote:what the heck is this?
and
Yaw wrote:I'm sorry, what? Where did that comment come from? What is it referring to? If it's another unrelated game, why mention it here at all?
Not so much a specific unrelated game, more of a unfunny joke. I knew I should provide a post, let people know I was active, but I didn't really have much to say. As I was about to hit post, it occured to me that making a post without much in the way of analysis is just the sort of thing that scum use to get townies lynched, so I put in as an aside:
Netman wrote:And yes, I also know that someone 20 pages from now is going to say, "hey, Netman made a post without any content on page 8, let's lynch him"
Of course I overestimated how long it would take for someone to call me out on making a post in a hurry.

hasdgfas wrote:I really have no idea why he is voting for me.
I find that incredibly odd. I've been over this thread again, and I also can't see the reason for that vote. And if there's no obvious reason for the vote, you have to look at the inobvious reasons. Perhaps he just wants his vote to be on someone other than who gets lynched, so that when we go back and look at voting patterns, we'll get thrown off the scent.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”