Townie

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:10 pm

Post by Jesse Pierce »

As for the game,
Grey town
Math scum
Chkflip town
Grendel null
Marky scum read happened before I finished catching up. His later posting was clear town flail and anyone that doesn't see it isn't paying enough attention or is scum.
Haven't been on site in years.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:14 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I mean damn. I was thinking I was pretty obvious lmao. Guess if people push me this hard it’s either all scum or I am not.

That’s an interesting block there. Ordering seems a bit weird but can work with it.

Bit small too.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:16 pm

Post by Grendel »

@GreyICE

I dont think that Math missing my full thought processes on Prokens, but continuing to push it anyways, is outside of their town range. Math is a stubborn person in general i think. You've played with Math before, im sure you can agree with that take right?

-/-/-/-/-
In post 518, MathBlade wrote:The way I see it is:

You keep pushing stupid >> You are elimmed win/win because you failed your BoP.
You back off >> We get associations if you’re scum and if you’re town you smell the BS in your argument and see where the motion goes
Im pro- lets not have you and Gray 1v1 today. I think you're both probably town, that it will distract from finding actual scum.

-/-/-/-

pre-edit

town: Vax/Math/Grey

I dont have a concrete scum bloc yet. I didnt check for assossitives but Fidget, Not 15, and Chipfilk are my top scum reads
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:21 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 551, Jesse Pierce wrote:As for the game,
Grey town
Math scum
Chkflip town
Grendel null
Marky scum read happened before I finished catching up. His later posting was clear town flail and anyone that doesn't see it isn't paying enough attention or is scum.
Curious why you included a null read for me

Also Chip is town why?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:30 pm

Post by chkflip »

When did we play before, mah dewd?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:31 am

Post by Grendel »

Guitarist mafia modded by the baker
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Jesse Pierce
Jesse Pierce
Townie
Jesse Pierce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:56 am

Post by Jesse Pierce »

In post 554, Grendel wrote:
In post 551, Jesse Pierce wrote:As for the game,
Grey town
Math scum
Chkflip town
Grendel null
Curious why you included a null read for me

Also Chip is town why?
I dislike most of your posts to a very high degree but giving out a scumread will cement that and get me tunneled because I think it's just play style clash.
He seems pretty towny.
Jesse Pierce
Jesse Pierce
Townie
Jesse Pierce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:58 am

Post by Jesse Pierce »

In post 556, Grendel wrote:Guitarist mafia modded by the baker
That was worded bad but the meaning is clear.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:32 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 484, GreyICE wrote:
In post 482, Marky Mark wrote:Yeah, scum are trying to mimic scumhunting, so NK!scum calling Vax!whatever out for rolefishing makes sense.

You're right that potentially NK could in that situation be actively looking for third party, although if he was that doesn't necessarily mean he'd say that out loud as specifically mentioning 3rd party rather than generic 'scum' might make people think he was mafia.

A very simple explanation is that scum!NK saw town!Vax doing somthing scummy and thought "aha, easy push opportunity here on a town slot", without really thinking much through the third party angle. As a player with ~6 games experience, that is 100% what I would do there as scum.

I hope that kinda makes sense?
NK15 has been on site for four years and has, glancing at his posted threads list, been in 30 mafia games at a bare minimum (search.php?author_id=30477&sr=topics). I'm pretty sure he's past the stage of scum where he's a deer in the headlights praying for nightfall.

I do think NK15 posted that Vax was scummy for role hunting without considering if he was mafia or third party. And that's because he doesn't care, and that's because he's town.

Now engaging that deeper conversation we were talking about, what do you think Vax's motives are for role hunting? Do you think they're town motives, or scum motives, what do you think his drive is with this?
Ok fair, so I guess NK isn't super new, and may well have an awareness of the 3rd party angle. That makes your interpretation of events more likely for sure, although there are still many reasons that they might have just mentioned 'scum' in the generic sense, such as not wanting to TMI as scum. On balance, I feel like you are still reading too much into this.

Ref Vax, I find it likely that them asking the mod to reveal their flavour is suboptimal play as any alignment, so they probably did it because they thought it would be fun to embrace the flavour aspect of the upick. They were flavour hunting rather than role hunting (I appreciate I have probably said 'role' in previous posts on this when it was actually flavour) and I guess them asking porkens (and Chkflip just before that) was probably just them hamming it up as Zeus and NAI.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:34 am

Post by Marky Mark »

I remember Math being very self-assured in Bears, but the way he threatened GreyIce in for pushing stuff that he didn't agree with was not a side of him that I remember from that game.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:37 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

Part of my role is that my flavor is revealed at the start of the game. I had no control over it.
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:38 am

Post by Marky Mark »

... continuation from my previous post

I also think that GreyICE is experienced/thick-skinned enough not to be intimidated by a threat like that, and I think that Math would know that as they must have played together a decent bit, so its hard to see his motivation for making the threat, unless it was to play to the crowd.

Like math also refuted Grey's points, which is a fairly normal thing to do if someone is voting you, but I'm just struggling to see where he was going with the whole "You’re going to be fucked." threat
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:38 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

It's part of being a god.
*shrug*

Games played.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:39 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 561, Vaxkiller wrote:Part of my role is that my flavor is revealed at the start of the game. I had no control over it.
Ah, now this is interesting. Were you pushing chkflip/prokens into flavourclaiming to try and level the playing field then? :P
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:39 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

@marky Mark

Want a really spicy take?

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:40 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 564, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 561, Vaxkiller wrote:Part of my role is that my flavor is revealed at the start of the game. I had no control over it.
Ah, now this is interesting. Were you pushing chkflip/prokens into flavourclaiming to try and level the playing field then? :P
I have a wild theory about some flavor crystals and alignment.

Games played.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:43 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 565, Vaxkiller wrote:@marky Mark

*waits in anticipation*
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:09 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 560, Marky Mark wrote:I remember Math being very self-assured in Bears, but the way he threatened GreyIce in for pushing stuff that he didn't agree with was not a side of him that I remember from that game.
Really? You don’t remember the entire argument with G?

I am certain I will never be elimmed unless town really derps. Almost more so than when I was mason.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:10 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 562, Marky Mark wrote:... continuation from my previous post

I also think that GreyICE is experienced/thick-skinned enough not to be intimidated by a threat like that, and I think that Math would know that as they must have played together a decent bit, so its hard to see his motivation for making the threat, unless it was to play to the crowd.

Like math also refuted Grey's points, which is a fairly normal thing to do if someone is voting you, but I'm just struggling to see where he was going with the whole "You’re going to be fucked." threat
Nope. Not playing the crowd. I am playing to have certain posts remembered post flip.
Judging by your reaction you will remember.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 569, MathBlade wrote:
In post 562, Marky Mark wrote:... continuation from my previous post

Nope. Not playing the crowd. I am playing to have certain posts remembered post flip.
Judging by your reaction you will remember.
I mean playing to the crowd doesn't necessarily have to be scum motivated, but yeah I can see your logic here
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:06 am

Post by Marky Mark »

I was keen to get some direction/energy going in terms of a wagon but NK seems to have vanished off the face of the earth and fidgit is being replaced. Uncrowned has also only had a prodge since Monday, so none of my top SRs are interacting with the game much. Where do we go from here?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 558, Jesse Pierce wrote:
In post 556, Grendel wrote:Guitarist mafia modded by the baker
That was worded bad but the meaning is clear.
I would say poke Jessee and Grendel.

Seems odd the Jessee slot commented on what Grendel posted saying the wording is bad but the meaning is clear. How is this true and why did Jessee feel the need to say this.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

VOTE: Jessee

Come explain it.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:46 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 567, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 565, Vaxkiller wrote:@marky Mark

*waits in anticipation*
It might be too spicy.

Games played.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”