GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:31 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 447, Marky Mark wrote:@Grey help me understand a couple of things from your POV here:
-Why do you think the Not Known wagon is bad? Have you seen their justification of their vote on me!? Highlights included me being scum for saying 'please' and 'mate'
NK15 had a pretty strong towntell in post 1 (unless you think Vax is a buddy). Other than that, I don't disagree with anything they said about you. You're disconnected from the game and doing 'running commentary' with the occasional question. I'm not big on the 'misrep' bullshit for various reasons, so I don't consider it any flavor of tell, nor do I consider 'waaahh he thinks I'm scum' as a scumtell. So I'm not with them far enough to vote you, you still lean town. But they ain't wrong.

More to the point, that displays thinking about the game on a fairly high level, which is pretty fucking town. And seeing you and uncrowned as SvS is very town.

-Why are you seeing Uncrowned as obvtown here?
A certain chutzpah that they have. Also, I read their posts.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

reserving this
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 451, Gamma Emerald wrote:reserving this
I stole pagetop from the mod!
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 403, Mistyx wrote:
In post 375, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 366, GreyICE wrote:Page 2. You haven't lynched Fidget. This is why you fuckers don't deserve democracy. Luckily glorious leader is here.
We aren't executing Fidget until you fall off your high horse and die.
so then what do you call this?
Telling Grice to fuck off with the high and mighty attitude.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 453, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 366, GreyICE wrote:Page 2. You haven't lynched Fidget. This is why you fuckers don't deserve democracy. Luckily glorious leader is here.
Telling Grice to fuck off with the high and mighty attitude.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:47 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I think I am wrong and GreyIce is town.

Still working so can’t do what I promised yet but a couple posts kinda strike me as town GreyICE.

Kinda sucks as he’ll probably go nuclear on the thread rather than talk with people but that’s kinda him.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:11 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

had a busy day yesterday and another today but will try give some input tonightish
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:38 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Spoiler: Prior long post
In post 431, MathBlade wrote:
In post 218, Gamma Emerald wrote:

So this (and other versions of the Castle Crashers Necromancer theme) is the other of the two songs I've been tending to use during times where I want to get serious in a mafia game. I tend to use Mechanical Con-Damnation for mech-heavy setups and this one for mech-lite setups, or for situations where mechanical arguments are stronger or weaker in what I'm writing up in specific.
This definitely isn't my favorite cover of the Necromancer theme, but I chose this one here for a reason I'll get into in a bit.

Votecount 1.5Uncrowned (6): Mistyx, Marky Mark, cassowary, Flea The Magician, Vaxkiller, chkflip
Marky Mark (4): Porkens, Uncrowned, Grendel, Not Known 15
Vaxkiller (1): Turin Turambar
the worst (1): Jake the Wolfie
Flea The Magician (1): Fidget

Not voting: the worst

Within 14 alive it takes 8 votes to yeet someone into the void.
Day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-02-15 15:10:00), or whenever a yeet has been decided.
In post 337, Gamma Emerald wrote:

I feel like this is a good song for quickly getting minor tasks done. Besides that, I just think the song's nice.
Also, backlogged VCs will continue from where I left off if I have a narrative I'm trying to spin. I'll link any VCs I had to add narration to in the next VC done live (which, to make it clear, means this one will have links to 1.6 and 1.7 once I get those done).

Votecount 1.8Uncrowned (2): Flea The Magician, Vaxkiller
Marky Mark (2): GreyICE, Not Known 15
Vaxkiller (1): Mathblade
Jesse Pierce (1): Jake the Wolfie
Jake the Wolfie (1): Mistyx
Not Known 15(1): Marky Mark

Not voting: Jesse Pierce, chkflip, cassowary, Uncrowned, Grendel

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-02-15 15:10:00), or whenever a yeet has been decided.

GreyICE replaces Porkens
Mathblade replaces Turin Turambar
This was over the span of Friday to Monday.

A crap ton of people were on wagons then went back to unvoting. That’s highly indicative of not having a town leader or leaders and yet the wagon disbanded. We’ve been outside RVS for a while imho. Why the wagons disbanded is important whatever alignment you think Uncrowned/Marky Mark are.

What we have to prevent is what a recently completed scum game happened on D1. I replaced into a scummy slot and kinda defeatist and try harded but used subtle manipulation to make people hate how long D1 was. People have to at least interact with the why. This provides a general flow rather than randomly voting until frustrated and elimming. It’s more important to build communication rather than right. Ideally both but with a good town block we can talk more.

You think both wagons are on town? Then who is scum in those groups?

What I meant with this post is that there is scum in the unvoters:

Namely Jesse, chkflip, cassowary, Uncrowned, and Grendel.

Jesse while being a replace dropped a few scumreads and like Marky Mark then flopped on it within 70 posts. How many times did Marky Mark post in those seventy posts?
Spoiler:

I wonder which of Mark’s posts prompted that “spicy” take? Was it the -1th?

Chkflip’s ISO is pretty vapid. Says he needs to reread then goes to sheeping GreyICE. Most post restrictions fall into the bastard category (not all) so kinda iffy about Chkflip.

Cassowary seems pretty Townie. I can see progression here but I would love for them to be more “this is who I scumread” like they were with their Fidget vote. Town lean.

Uncrowned voted Marky Mark then moved to Cassowary then moved to an Unvote. Uncrowned goes from a wagon that is an SR that has support to a naked vote on Cassowary. Then uncrowned continues to focus on Marky Mark. No cassowary push from what I can see. There was a comment about a post being gross a Cassoway vote then Mark gets plus town points. That seems like really out of order.

Grendel I have scum pings on because the VCA is just weird and filled with assumptions like why stop at both town? Why not consider all possibilities? I kinda think Grendel is scum and one has to be scum or if they are both town then Grendel may be truth telling.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I would elim in that group except Cassowary and be fine with it.

VOTE: Jessee

Yes yes I am aware it’s technically OMGUS as Jessee voted me first but his bad push of me and naked votes is horrible.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

@mod

The last few VC's have me voting uncrowned. I never voted uncrowned.
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:39 pm

Post by Marky Mark »

Phoneposting

@grey you make some valid points ref Not Known. I've looked back over their earlier posts and they are fairly perceptive.

I also agree that CONSIDERING the possibility that uncrowned and I might be S/S is open-minded, but I thought their evidence post of me generally being polite was trying to stretch the facts to fit their vote in a way that makes me SR them.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:22 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 358, MathBlade wrote:
In post 154, Not Known 15 wrote:Not much time, so just skimmed the thread. Grendel seems towny.
Kinda wondering if Grendel, Uncrowned, and Not Known know where all the bones are.
If i was scum and these were my buddies you think its likely was as a whole would join the same wagon on mark?

scum diversify there stances better then that.

really just seems like your catch up revolves around calling Mark town, and suspecting those who didnt. I don't have a take for what the means yet, but it stands out to me.

-/-/-/-

I havent looked at fidget much recently but i will when i catch up

-/-/-
Jake out here behaving like a jester lol

-/-/-/-

I think that being possessive over the game state D1 like GreyICE has been is generally a townie trait.

Math is similar, tho i do do see potential ulterior motives for where they are going with things.

-/-/-/-

Vax is still clearly town.

Jesse's chippy one liners w/ understated reasoning, and fluid votes, will make sorting them hard.

-/-/-/-

Spoiler:
In post 431, MathBlade wrote:
In post 218, Gamma Emerald wrote:

So this (and other versions of the Castle Crashers Necromancer theme) is the other of the two songs I've been tending to use during times where I want to get serious in a mafia game. I tend to use Mechanical Con-Damnation for mech-heavy setups and this one for mech-lite setups, or for situations where mechanical arguments are stronger or weaker in what I'm writing up in specific.
This definitely isn't my favorite cover of the Necromancer theme, but I chose this one here for a reason I'll get into in a bit.

Votecount 1.5Uncrowned (6): Mistyx, Marky Mark, cassowary, Flea The Magician, Vaxkiller, chkflip
Marky Mark (4): Porkens, Uncrowned, Grendel, Not Known 15
Vaxkiller (1): Turin Turambar
the worst (1): Jake the Wolfie

Not voting: the worst

In post 337, Gamma Emerald wrote:

I feel like this is a good song for quickly getting minor tasks done. Besides that, I just think the song's nice.
Also, backlogged VCs will continue from where I left off if I have a narrative I'm trying to spin. I'll link any VCs I had to add narration to in the next VC done live (which, to make it clear, means this one will have links to 1.6 and 1.7 once I get those done).

Votecount 1.8Uncrowned (2): Flea The Magician, Vaxkiller
Marky Mark (2): GreyICE, Not Known 15
Vaxkiller (1): Mathblade
Jesse Pierce (1): Jake the Wolfie
Jake the Wolfie (1): Mistyx
Not Known 15(1): Marky Mark

Not voting: Jesse Pierce, chkflip, cassowary, Uncrowned, Grendel

GreyICE replaces Porkens
Mathblade replaces Turin Turambar
This was over the span of Friday to Monday.

A crap ton of people were on wagons then went back to unvoting. That’s highly indicative of not having a town leader or leaders and yet the wagon disbanded. We’ve been outside RVS for a while imho. Why the wagons disbanded is important whatever alignment you think Uncrowned/Marky Mark are.

What we have to prevent is what a recently completed scum game happened on D1. I replaced into a scummy slot and kinda defeatist and try harded but used subtle manipulation to make people hate how long D1 was. People have to at least interact with the why. This provides a general flow rather than randomly voting until frustrated and elimming. It’s more important to build communication rather than right. Ideally both but with a good town block we can talk more.

You think both wagons are on town? Then who is scum in those groups?

ftr i unvoted becuase i felt like there not being any hard pushes outside of the two main wagons was a point to them both being town potentially.

This game was inneed of some more proactive posters to move things along. Reluctant to call any one person a leader of sorts. Normally i try to fill that slot in discussion when i have to. Been feeling really off this game tho.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:28 pm

Post by Grendel »

*@Math*

what reasons did you have for town reading Marky mark beyond wagons analysis? Is it gut?

im not sure what my read on him is currently
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:30 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 460, Marky Mark wrote:Phoneposting

@grey you make some valid points ref Not Known. I've looked back over their earlier posts and they are fairly perceptive.

I also agree that CONSIDERING the possibility that uncrowned and I might be S/S is open-minded, but I thought their evidence post of me generally being polite was trying to stretch the facts to fit their vote in a way that makes me SR them.
Ohhh, i forgot about 15 scum reading both you and Uncrowned. If both you are both town then thats p scummy of 15.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:59 pm

Post by Grendel »

im noticing several of fidgets posts seems to echo current thoughts of other players around them in the respective points in time. V interesting.

Spoiler:
In post 166, Fidget wrote:
In post 157, Marky Mark wrote:So to summarise your logic:
1.) Being proactive in RVS more likely comes from being scum than town - I agree here that scum care more about looking town, but town have another major incentive to be proactive: finding scum!
2.) Uncrowned's naked vote on the top wagon is less scummy than if they had justified it - like eh idk maybe. Feels like Too scummy To Be Scum (TM) logic somewhat

I'm still trying to get a feel for you, but phrases like "I am considering suspecting" feel scummy to me. If you SR or TR someone then own your suspicions. If you think its NAI then that's cool too, but either way, being vague is not super helpful here.
You seem to be getting the idea that I'm scumreading you for being proactive/protown. What I find suspicious about you is how some of your posts give the appearance of being protown, but in reality are easy to make and mostly just make you seem like you're doing something than are actually doing something.

I recognize that town can do this too, but I wouldn't classify this as scumreading you for doing anything towny. You do have better posts that make me feel maybe you just have a large desire to create content due to how excited you are for the game, even if it's very little things.

I would argue that a naked vote is not outright scummy, and sheeping an early wagon with a naked vote is not scummy either. I think it's actually pretty protown.

"I am considering suspecting" maybe poor wording. My kneejerk reaction was to scumread Uncrowned for obvious reasons, but the more I thought on it, I ended up closer to town. I had briefly considered voting there but I landed elsewhere.

for example the first part of this post echos something i said earlier about mark "Playing to appear town."

Spoiler:
In post 171, Fidget wrote:Uncrowned (4): Mistyx, Marky Mark, Cassowary, Flea The Magician

I feel pretty confident there is scum on this wagon (or to a lesser extent, Uncrowned is scum, but that is not my current thinking).
In post 144, cassowary wrote:Re other thoughts, I find uncrowned's opening super weird - like, why come in that way? If you hadn't caught up on the game to have other opinions, why cast a vote in your first post when we were already kinda coming out of rvs? Feels like scum trying to imitate slacking town. I'll join the uncrowned wagon for the sake of having a vote somewhere.
I think this is a much better justification for voting Uncrowned than him being scummy for not contributing to the discussion. This is actually something I was considering myself. The last game I have seen of Uncrowned, he mentioned intentionally playing different to try out a new playstyle. It was less effort than his usual style (However, he did not naked vote in RVS, and he did have early reads, so not totally slacking so much as trying somewhat less). He was town that game, though.
In post 156, Flea The Magician wrote:Uncrowned calling out an over explaination with an over explaination seems dodge to me. VOTE: Uncrowned
*sips tea and noms a biccie*
This doesn't strike me as very good faith. Based on what criteria are you considering Uncrowned's response an over-explanation, and why does that make him scummy, in any case?

VOTE: Flea

Fidget going out of there way to explain their read on uncrowned as pretty null, and then voting a player on the wagon seems weird to me. Like they didnt want to commit to TRing Uncrowned long term, but still wanted to treat the wagoned player as if they were town.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:01 pm

Post by Grendel »

eh sure, why not

Vote fidget

-/-/-/-/-

I could also vote Jesse, 15, maybe Jake (Though Jake almost seems like they are being anti-town on purpose)
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:03 pm

Post by Grendel »

*@GrayICE*

you said you saw a town tell from 15's first post. What was it?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:23 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 409, Vaxkiller wrote:Ok,

For reals now:

I engaged with Porkens early on about claiming thier flavor. They were rather against the idea claiming it would reveal thier role.
In post 40, Porkens wrote:
In post 35, Vaxkiller wrote:Seriously, if you doubt me not being town post now.
Zeus isn’t a town flavor.
In post 30, Vaxkiller wrote:Seriously tho. Claim your flavor porkens.

Nope
In post 82, Porkens wrote:
In post 79, cassowary wrote:Wait... if porkens thought flavor could be AI but didn't want to claim their flavor (), does that imply they thought their flavor was incriminating and could reveal their alignment to be mafia? Hmm... food for thought.
My flavor would give scum a great guess at my role.
Grey ice enters and has no prob showing some heavy flavor. Some sort of fascist dictator, apparently porkens was lying!

VOTE: GreyIce

lol
We are voting grey ice today

Games played.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:25 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 461, Grendel wrote:If i was scum and these were my buddies you think its likely was as a whole would join the same wagon on mark?
^^ This sentence doesn’t make grammatical sense. I don’t know what you’re asking here.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 462, Grendel wrote:*@Math*

what reasons did you have for town reading Marky mark beyond wagons analysis? Is it gut?

im not sure what my read on him is currently
I have played with Marky Mark recently and this seems like his town game from Yellowstone. There is a bit of gut but more a meta read. I also dislike your “anyone who scumreads Mark I scumread” assertion. People can disagree with me and be town. That’s slimy.

I kinda think Jessee Grendel is a thing. I don’t like how people are just sheeping. Grey ICE seems town but others actions around him may make him scum. Kinda thinking Jessee Grendel Uncrowned and maybe Grey?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:32 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 467, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 409, Vaxkiller wrote:Ok,

For reals now:

I engaged with Porkens early on about claiming thier flavor. They were rather against the idea claiming it would reveal thier role.
In post 40, Porkens wrote:
In post 35, Vaxkiller wrote:Seriously, if you doubt me not being town post now.
Zeus isn’t a town flavor.
In post 30, Vaxkiller wrote:Seriously tho. Claim your flavor porkens.

Nope
In post 82, Porkens wrote:
In post 79, cassowary wrote:Wait... if porkens thought flavor could be AI but didn't want to claim their flavor (), does that imply they thought their flavor was incriminating and could reveal their alignment to be mafia? Hmm... food for thought.
My flavor would give scum a great guess at my role.
Grey ice enters and has no prob showing some heavy flavor. Some sort of fascist dictator, apparently porkens was lying!

VOTE: GreyIce

lol
We are voting grey ice today
This is a bad idea. If Grey is scum you or I can push D2. We’ve got a nose for scum hunting I think.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:56 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

But why not today?

Games played.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:43 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 466, Grendel wrote:*@GrayICE*

you said you saw a town tell from 15's first post. What was it?
NK15 scumread Vax for role hunting without even mentioning a third party possibility. If NK15 was mafia-scum and Vax was not mafia-scum, that means he scumhunted Vax without mentioning the only actual possibility that Vax was scum - despite rolefishing being a good scum tell of both the mafia and third party variety. Very high likelihood of coming from town.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:45 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 461, Grendel wrote:I think that being possessive over the game state D1 like GreyICE has been is generally a townie trait.

Math is similar, tho i do do see potential ulterior motives for where they are going with things.
What's the difference between the two slots in this sense from your POV?
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:50 am

Post by Marky Mark »

I don't follow the theory that Not Known is town because they called a flavour massclaim scummy. SRing people who suggest massclaims is pretty standard and I can't speak for other slots, but I certainly wasn't thinking in terms of any 3rd party angles at the time, so the lack of mention of one isn't a big deal IMO

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”