Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by Yaw »

If we're going to get people for lurking, can we go after the actual lurkers? Netman's posted exactly once. K7's posted twice. BM appears to be entirely away from the site, and isn't seriously a danger to stay in the background. He may be scum, but it's not for the reason of lurking.

We basically have to decide here -- are we going to go hard after lurking, or not? If we are, let's bandwagon up someone who's really lurking. If we aren't, then people are going to have to make some good arguments as to why a player that's posting is scum. (I happen to think it's to our benefit to go after lurkers early unless there's a solid rationale for a posting player to be scum. If it's a well-balanced game, we have at least two lynches to give, and it would reduce the game to active posters. This would mean that scum would be easier to catch, because they're posting, and we wouldn't have to worry about trying to get lurkers to the thread to vote in order to get lynches to happen, which bogs the game down.)
Success breeds suspicion
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by Jebus »

Xtoxm wrote:Yeh, why the hell would you say who you thought was scum? I've never seen that before. Jebus has gotta be scum... :P
Just spitballing to get something going, I guess :P

I'm not used to slow games (with deadlines over five days), so anything to get things rolling is good with me.

@Yaw - Lynch all Lurkers sounds good to me, but lynching you seems just as good. In my opinion, that last post came over as scummy "oh yes, lets lynch all the lurkers because they're lurking".

The bandwagon part is valid, but the lynch is no good.

We really need a cattle prod >.<
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I haven't pushed "lynch all lurkers" for a while now...Truth is I went through a phase of it myself...It wasn't lurking as such, but infrequent, large posting. He does raise a good point though. Personally, I think Netman isn't lurking, but is away. He's new, and I think he's probably flaked and will get replaced. There's only really K7 who always does it, everyone else seems to be here, with a ? over BM.

So, actually there might not be too much to be gained from that, thinking about it.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by Yaw »

Jebus -- Post or perish is a pro-town meta. You're seriously accusing me of being scummy for pushing a pro-town meta? Either we get lurker scum, or we get rid of someone who's going to make it harder for us to get a lynch to happen in the future. It's all upside, really.

That said, I went back and looked at Netman. He hasn't posted anywhere since Tuesday. Feh. Let's go with number 2.
Unvote
Vote: killa seven
Success breeds suspicion
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:18 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

Iam I already explained that the thing bugging me is that he himself had said that it's too early to know. But still he starts about it. That's what wrong with it. Anyone may start with it whenever he wants, but you should have some good reasons. Not based upon playing style (that's as far as I know Jebus reason to see them as scummy), while we only have 7 pages and 14 players of which some players only posted one or twice.

But I'm troubled with BM. He posted today at the New York part, but not here. He either forgot this game or has nothing to post, which both aren't helping.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:59 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Search for a replacement for Tovarish.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:31 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I think Netman is just as worthy, if not more so, of that honour, SSK.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:12 am

Post by killa seven »

Yaw wrote:Well, I don't think it's useful overall. There's always the possibility of stuff like cults (though I certainly hope not) to screw with numbers. It's useful to know how many groups there are, but we're going to know that more or less by how many kills there are at night anyway.

There's also the problem that 3-person groups are standard, so everyone's going to assume that anyway, meaning you've wasted everyone's time to get no information at all -- nobody, including scum, would know how many groups of scum there are in this game. Besides, any plan that assumes idiocy as a prerequisite for success isn't a good one.
I dont think there would be cults in a game this size. you bringing this up is definitely interesting.
I have only seen cults once and that game had 30 people.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:16 am

Post by killa seven »

Yaw wrote:If we're going to get people for lurking, can we go after the actual lurkers? Netman's posted exactly once. K7's posted twice. BM appears to be entirely away from the site, and isn't seriously a danger to stay in the background. He may be scum, but it's not for the reason of lurking.
I have seen BM around on the site, he doesnt usually lurk like this not sure what to make of it , you defending him is surely noted if he flips scum sometime in this game.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 712 -town
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:25 am

Post by killa seven »

Yaw wrote:Jebus -- Post or perish is a pro-town meta. You're seriously accusing me of being scummy for pushing a pro-town meta? Either we get lurker scum, or we get rid of someone who's going to make it harder for us to get a lynch to happen in the future. It's all upside, really.

That said, I went back and looked at Netman. He hasn't posted anywhere since Tuesday. Feh. Let's go with number 2.
Unvote
Vote: killa seven
See the problem with this is, i would expect someone whos been on MS 4 years to actually want to scumhunt instead of just lynching lurkers,I havent heard much from you unless its attacking lurkers.
are you getting any scum vibes from anyone here besides them not posting up to your standards.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 712 -town
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:37 am

Post by Yaw »

True, I don't expect cults. I've been against putting them in games since getting burned by a recruiter in OO1. That said, on day 1 without any nights, it's best to at least consider all possibilities.

I had not seen BM around. At the point I mentioned he was fully away, I checked his posting history to confirm it. Obviously, that changes if there's evidence to the contrary.

And in this game so far there have been a lot of people either not posting, or posting without saying much of anything. There are a few notable exceptions, but not enough. I really need to be able to root through content to catch scum. (And as of my last post, you were part of the problem.) Which is why the lurker hunt -- if it can stir up people to post (which seems to have happened a bit with you, though I find your implicit defense of lurking problematic), that means more content gets posted, which means more information to go on to catch scum.
Success breeds suspicion
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:23 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

K7, now that you're back (hopefully) what do you think of everything that happened?

BM, posted yesterday at 8.04 PM in the New York part of this site at another game.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Reclusion wrote:
chazworthington wrote:
Reclusion wrote:Five more votes to lynch killa seven-scum. Gogogo!
Reclusion, I don't see how this post is any different from battlemage's latest posts, except for BM asking k7 to claim.
My post was made in jest. That should have been made apparent with the addition of the "Gogogo!" at the end of it. Battle Mage, on the other hand, seriously requested a claim on page 2 of the thread and labeled killa seven as a "lurker" when the thread hadn't even been open long enough for him to be considered a lurker
in this game
. That lurker comment just seemed like a misrepresentation of killa seven to me, so I called BM out about it.
See Return of the Mafia, when i encouraged quick bandwagons running people upto claims if they didnt react well under pressure. Same kinda thing in SSWW3. Both games i was town.
Reclusion wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:thay've already been answered by my alt.
Your alt answered my questions, eh? Well then your "alt" said the following:
hasdgfas, in 41, wrote:
Reclusion wrote:And it
is
too early to classify someone as a lurker. This game just began yesterday. How could someone possibly be considered a lurker after a day's worth of content?
He's a chronic lurker, that's how.
But this "chronic lurker" variation of k7 wasn't what you were referring to. You said the following:
Battle Mage, in 35, wrote:I have no qualms with running him up to -2 when he is on full-throttle lurker mode.
This means that you pretty much thought he was lurking within this game; not that you considered him to be a chronic lurker. I'd vote you for all of this and for your inability to answer questions but the last thing I need is an OMG UR OMGUS-ing me argument. Just know that you’ve definitely caught my attention.

Also
unvote
for now.
Chronic lurker isnt exactly right. But he's not the most active person around, even at his best.

You're afraid to vote for me because it will be seen as OMGUS?

For real?

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:27 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Yaw wrote:I had not seen BM around. At the point I mentioned he was fully away, I checked his posting history to confirm it. Obviously, that changes if there's evidence to the contrary.
Yeh sorry, i was completely absent from the site for a few days, and only really caught up with games yesterday. I genuinely forgot i was in this game until i got a prod about 2 minutes ago. :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:35 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mana_Ku wrote:
Of course I can pull this of. Look at K7. After our talk he entered.

BM after joining (did you want also want to play with me and xtoxm?) you start with a possible OMGUS vote. Anything to add to it?
I dont understand the question. 0.o

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:37 am

Post by Battle Mage »

chazworthington wrote:I tend to think that people like
BM
and killa seven are
seen as easy targets for scum on D1
. And that extends to all lurkers. I'm a bit suspicious of Yaw at the moment for that fact.

Along those thoughts,
both Battle Mage
and iamuser put in votes for k7 that got him to L-3 within a 20 minute time period. Both those
feel opportunistic
hypocrite much?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

Why the vote?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:10 am

Post by Battle Mage »

which 1?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:23 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

I meant the vote against Alvinz
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:18 am

Post by Battle Mage »

From the look of it, it seems to be mere OMGUS. Reclusion's reaction is a bit jumpy- in saying that Alvinz put me near to a lynch, which is in fact, not the case. But Hasdgfas caught my attention with his post 95.

Unvote, Vote: Hasdgfas

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:30 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Battle Mage wrote:From the look of it, it seems to be mere OMGUS. Reclusion's reaction is a bit jumpy- in saying that Alvinz put me near to a lynch, which is in fact, not the case. But Hasdgfas caught my attention with his post 95.

Unvote, Vote: Hasdgfas

BM
Please explain what caught your attention as I really have no idea.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:51 am

Post by iamausername »

Jebus wrote:@Yaw - Lynch all Lurkers sounds good to me, but lynching you seems just as good. In my opinion, that last post came over as scummy "oh yes, lets lynch all the lurkers because they're lurking".

This is your cake. You can't have it, and eat it too.

Unvote, Vote: Jebus
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:32 am

Post by Yaw »

Mod:
Vote count please?
Also, can we have a
beating
prod on Netman?

Thanks.
Success breeds suspicion
Reclusion
Reclusion
Goon
Reclusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:37 am

Post by Reclusion »

Battle Mage wrote:You're afraid to vote for me because it will be seen as OMGUS?

For real?

BM
Afraid isn't the right word, no. I'm just saying that what you did earlier on was more of a minor offense and probably wasn't worth a vote at that time when I know it's likely someone will turn it into an OMGUS argument (whether it be you or someone else). I don't want to clog up the thread with something like that.
Battle Mage wrote:Reclusion's reaction is a bit jumpy- in saying that Alvinz put me near to a lynch, which is in fact, not the case.
How closely are you reading the thread? I questioned alvinz95 because he said that he hadn't really bothered to read the thread before placing his vote. I wanted to test to see if he was telling the truth about this by asking him if he checked the vote counts before placing his vote on you.
Jebus, in post 151, wrote:@Yaw - Lynch all Lurkers sounds good to me, but lynching you seems just as good. In my opinion, that last post came over as scummy "oh yes, lets lynch all the lurkers because they're lurking".
Jebus, is there any reason why you're not voting for him then?
[ooc][i][color=red]Blue.[/color][/i][/ooc] [ooc][b][color=blue]Green.[/color][/b][/ooc] [ooc][u][color=green]Red.[/color][/u][/ooc]
Reclusion
Reclusion
Goon
Reclusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:48 am

Post by Reclusion »

Oh and
Mod,
do we really have deadlines in this game? If so, can you place the exact deadline somewhere either in the title or the first post of the game?
[ooc][i][color=red]Blue.[/color][/i][/ooc] [ooc][b][color=blue]Green.[/color][/b][/ooc] [ooc][u][color=green]Red.[/color][/u][/ooc]

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”