Mini Normal 2193 | A Member Of The SKs | Town Wins!

esotericzoomer
esotericzoomer
Mafia Scum
esotericzoomer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:28 am

Post by esotericzoomer »

like mate if im annoying please tell me why
else i cant improve
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 870, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 712, samantha97 wrote:so prompt Image

also ew serial killer
not possible with current normal rules
also I refuse to believe HUB was a vig shot so I'm curious who might have wanted HUB dead
You didn't know Ydrasse had claimed Vig shooting HUB here, but you did know that HUB was not killed by mafia.

How come?
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:45 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 721, Funeral Goose wrote:
In post 713, esotericzoomer wrote:damn i was hoping the name of the game might be a lie
The title would imply multiple SKs, right?

How do we know we aren't dealing with a vig?

I am pretty sure scum took out HUB. I would have if I were scum.

D2 start vibes tell me sam, BM and ydrasse are the PoE.

Gamma, you're town right?
i sorta feel like this is so completely off-track it must be scum right? damn...

first two lines imply being mafia (because mafia would knows there's no SKs, and must be Vig).
third line is a misdirect - scum apparently killed Gretchen. Defensively claims he would have killed HUB instead.
fourth line has a PoE with 2 conftown and 1 likely town.
fifth line is total fluff.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by In the beginning »

In post 562, esotericzoomer wrote:
In post 559, Ydrasse wrote:what’s with the lunar wagon?
dunno
tempted to hop on it because it's the purest looking one out of all of them but i'd rather give lunar some time
In post 563, esotericzoomer wrote:VOTE: Lunar Martian
In post 566, esotericzoomer wrote:
In post 564, Ydrasse wrote:so uh

giving lunar time huh?
i gave into temptation
You sure didn't deliberate that long. Idk, it does make me wonder if mafia would be so willing to be so flashy, but I kind of think you might.
In post 572, ItalianoVD wrote:As I've stated multiple times already it felt very cliquish and because everyone seemed to know everyone, I felt like an outsider looking in.
1) Clearly, everyone does
not
know everyone else. Hence, the presence of alts.
2) How is this relevant to the fact that you managed to miss something blatantly pointed out to you?
In post 572, ItalianoVD wrote:So you were encouraging people to believe you were something that you were not because of...? Why the misdirection and dishonesty? This is anti-town
You're putting words in my mouth. I neither confirmed nor denied such. It might be anti-town in some sense, but in another sense, it's perfectly sensible. It's a good way to throw scum off. (Please note that I am /still/ not confirming nor denying whether I was crumbing there or not. More specifically, you may speculate as to whether the crumb is real or not.)
In post 572, ItalianoVD wrote:Personally I think anti-town and scummy are pretty much interchangeable, but that's me.
Yes, well, this is a mindset often taken by newer and less experienced players. More experienced players know it is not that simple. Ever.
In post 575, Ydrasse wrote:the entire thing about calling out lunar for asking questions while doing it at the same time and then missing the point of why it’s hypocritical seems like, purposefully obtuse and also tying esoteric to lunar makes me feel ungood
I don't agree. I think obtuseness here is more likely from town than scum. Scum have to fake their reads, and they have to fake being town. Furthermore, unlike the town, they are limited in who they can push and cannot push. This means they are incentivized to be more fluid with their reads, so stubbornness, especially early on, is a sign of towniness, not scum potential.
In post 578, Gretchen wrote:that's a personality tell for cookie rather than her being maf or town
This is also a good reason to be skeptical of assigning alignment to that aspect of play.
In post 582, esotericzoomer wrote:oh no it's absolutely scummy
This is mafia. We do not deal in absolutes. Try again.
In post 586, Gretchen wrote:cookie's just easy bait but she's probably town frankly
This.
In post 596, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:You're kinda shading the wagon without really defending Lunar and then you vote the newbie queue player who wants to chomp the mafia

I'm worried ydra!
Interesting...
In post 616, lendunistus wrote:Lunar Martian (4): Cookie Monster, Happy Unbirthday Boon, samantha97, esotericzoomer
This wagon is kinda... eck considering Lunar's overall engagement and such. Like, it's not necessarily a scum-driven wagon, but there's definitely scum in it. It's how it formed; I don't think it formed proportionate to the actual likelihood of Lunar being scum.
In post 622, ItalianoVD wrote:So the lack of presence makes people scum. And you have battle Mage in there. In this very post you stated: "I agree with this sentiment. People's activity expectations are really unreasonable nowadays" but now you're shading Battle Mage because of... activity.
Wow, if you're gonna shade me, at least get your facts in the correct order!

I didn't make the comment to Battle Mage until **AFTER** the post I talked about lack of presence. Anyway, yes, my take there was a little bit of a double-standard; that much is true; /however/, you have to consider this from a probabilistic standpoint. Notably, it's not unreasonable to suppose that there is a scum in the lower content slots (which I think we will agree that both Lunar and Battle Mage fit at the time) and given a lack of sufficient scum reads elsewhere, poe makes it a decent likelihood.
In post 622, ItalianoVD wrote:Exaggeration? You get called out and your defense is I exaggerated? Nothing to see here huh?
This is scum looking for things to nitpick.
In the beginning...

I prefer the abbreviation "beginning".
Please don't abbreviate my username to INB.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:57 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 876, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 870, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 712, samantha97 wrote:so prompt Image

also ew serial killer
not possible with current normal rules
also I refuse to believe HUB was a vig shot so I'm curious who might have wanted HUB dead
You didn't know Ydrasse had claimed Vig shooting HUB here, but you did know that HUB was not killed by mafia.

How come?
I didn’t know that
I said SK wasn’t possible in that post you quoted
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 877, Battle Mage wrote:first two lines imply being mafia (because mafia would knows there's no SKs, and must be Vig).
How the fuck would mafia specifically know that
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 880, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 877, Battle Mage wrote:first two lines imply being mafia (because mafia would knows there's no SKs, and must be Vig).
How would mafia specifically know that
the hypothesis was multiple SKs. If he's mafia, he knows there isn't multiple SKs because town would be stuffed.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:12 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

stick Gamma in the PoE I guess
Show

Nightkilled - 10

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:19 pm

In post 630, esotericzoomer wrote:well i think making a post just to say someone's 'vibe is off' is just someone tryna look busy
It may look busy because it is in part such. Gut is reserved for those occasions where you cannot or would have a hard time pointing to specific evidence to support your read. Nonetheless, it is still a valid scumhunting tactic.
In post 637, ItalianoVD wrote:You're tunneling hard. It's sort of unlikely mafia tunnels town, so I'm probably gonna have to assume you're town, but I don't know.
Once more, a terrible assumption. I don't disagree that Gretchen is town (indeed, they flipped as much!), /BUT/ scum can and will tunnel people because they can and because people will write it off just like you did.
In post 638, Battle Mage wrote:I'm trying to imagine a world where all of the following are town: funeral, samantha, gretchen and italiano

where does that leave us?
2 of the 4 are probably town: gretchen (who has already flipped as such) and samantha. The other two are probably scum, Italiano especially.
In post 666, Battle Mage wrote:townleaning Italiano for effort
No.
In post 666, Battle Mage wrote:townleaning Italiano for inconsistency
Also a big fat no.
In post 676, ItalianoVD wrote:Lunar - Although Lunar’s activity is lacking, the few posts he has made reminds me of Newbie 2049 where he was town.
Hmm....
In post 676, ItalianoVD wrote:Cookie Monster - Cookie’s early “why mes” kind of stand out to me. There also seems to be an overall defensiveness there and not the normal townie defensiveness. I’m gutreading this slot right now.
lol
In post 683, Funeral Goose wrote:VOTE: Lunar

E-1
In post 684, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 677, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:Italiano you should bus Lunar Martian
Sure
VOTE: Lunar Martian
Who else thinks this was an extended quickhammer interaction?
In post 685, esotericzoomer wrote:great just missed it
so why did we vote this out
You were on the wagon and aware that it was at least F-2. If you were so ambivalent about it, why did you stay on it?
In post 686, esotericzoomer wrote:we had literally a full 8 days
Yes, but that doesn't mean we have to use them.
In post 687, Gretchen wrote:bc italiano is maf and was scared i'd get him voted out today. pls kill him tommorow if i don't survive the night. thanks
:shifty:
In post 704, esotericzoomer wrote:actually funerals e-1 vote is worse than the hammer
In post 705, esotericzoomer wrote:objectively
Meh, I agree it's bad, but I still believe Italiano's was much worse.
In post 712, samantha97 wrote:also ew serial killer
Seriously, does no one ever actually take the time to look at the guidelines?
In post 713, esotericzoomer wrote:damn i was hoping the name of the game might be a lie

only 2 mafia could be the vibe then
?????????
In post 716, esotericzoomer wrote:gamma sk
italiano/funeral maf
ggez
Seriously, this is scum trying to look like they are scumhunting. Now that they think there might be a serial killer, they suddenly have an avenue to generate authentic reads.
In post 719, samantha97 wrote:also I'm like >70% sure in the beginning is mafia, but maybe he has a tracking result or something to share
No comment for now.
In post 721, Funeral Goose wrote:I am pretty sure scum took out HUB. I would have if I were scum.
(So would I!)
In post 722, Ydrasse wrote:that being said: hardclaiming vig who shot hub, uh, was put off by some stuff he posted
Horrible shot, but I guess it's not impossible. Like if Italiano is scum, it makes sense that Gretchen gets shot by mafia. (I would argue though that Gretchen would actually be the better vig shot and HUB would be the better scum kill.)
In the beginning...

samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:23 pm

Post by samantha97 »

In post 883, In the beginning wrote:No comment for now.
well it's kind of now or I waste my time tearing your posts apart and potential derail town
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:23 pm

Post by samantha97 »

potentially*
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I don’t like this approach from Sam
Feels like she knows Itb is town and is just drilling him for info
<Embrace The Void>

samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:29 pm

Post by samantha97 »

In post 886, Gamma Emerald wrote:Feels like she knows Itb isn't town and is just drilling him for info
so honest
In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:39 pm

In post 731, Funeral Goose wrote:I <3 you ydrasse but HUB was totally hard-towning D1. You taking that "vig" shot on a power player N1 hurts my heart.
(Oh interesting... I don't really alt hunt (see my sig), but this does give me a guess as to who you might be.)
In post 732, samantha97 wrote:don't really wanna take the effort to elaborate until he posts, cause I might discard that thought when he does
If you're softing a result on me, you best out it already. You have nothing to fear anyways considering the vig is already outted and most likely a higher priority target then yourself.
In post 733, Funeral Goose wrote:But if ydrasse is to be believed with the vig shot stuff, then, lol @ scum for shooting Gret.
Tbf, this setup started with evens. That disincentives scum from making more obvious shots due to the chances that a doctor or jailkeeper is in the setup. Gretchen would be an unlikely protect target, and like I mentioned earlier, Gretchen would be a threat to a team that has Italiano in it, so there are several scenarios where it does make sense to shoot her.
In post 747, esotericzoomer wrote:hey funeral how have you managed to play this entire game and not at all say anything about italiano
I hadn't noticed this, but this is kind of interesting actually. I'm interested in the response as well.
In post 749, Funeral Goose wrote:The same way Gret and Lunar and Cookie did in regards to each other.

I already went down that road.
Not convincing whatsoever.
In post 759, Ydrasse wrote:hmmm

i wonder if funeral goose knew they weren’t hammered
I'll have to double-check, but I'm pretty sure they said something to that effect.
In post 766, Battle Mage wrote:is this a joke or serious?
Are /you/ joking or serious here?
In post 767, Funeral Goose wrote:Well, BM and Sam both jumped on it so it wasn't all town imo.
samantha is anti-town town. Try again.
In post 774, Battle Mage wrote:i would guess gretchen was killed by scum for being loud and probably not a viable mis-elim.
Loud, yes, but Gretchen lacked power. That is, Gretchen lacked the ability to control the thread. Maybe she would have gained that with time, who knows? Regarding the latter part, she was definitely still a viable mis-elim, so I doubt that's why she was killed. Like the only plausible reason (and tbf, it has a high likelihood of being the case) that Gretchen was killed is two-fold: 1) scum didn't want their kill to fail or be watched and 2) Italiano is on the team and feels that Gretchen poses a threat to him. In any other case, Gretchen is a very suboptimal N1 kill. (Tbf, Gretchen probably wouldn't remain a viable mislim, but at that point in time, the odds were still in favor of it being possible.)
In post 798, Ydrasse wrote:bm being alive d2 IS a little sus.....
Recall that BM claimed VT. In a setup like this, scum would probably want to get rid of a PR over someone confirmed not to be one. Granted, if they're performing suboptimal kills (as it seems to be the case with Gretchen), this may not strictly apply.
In the beginning...

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Why do you think scum believed BM’s claim?
<Embrace The Void>

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:58 pm

In post 811, Funeral Goose wrote:
In post 809, Ydrasse wrote:not rn
please.
You don't have to so blatantly bus your partner. Italiano will be limmed in due time.
In post 815, ItalianoVD wrote:Someone is trying to frame me.
This comes from someone with a guilty conscience.
In post 815, ItalianoVD wrote:Uhh, well yeah I’m a little embarrassed and I knew it was obviously gonna come up, but once I posted my readslist I left. When I came back to check in I saw Hub’s lolpost below mine and was like huh, so I went back to read page 27 and saw what transpired with Lunar. With Hub’s post in mind I just voted at the bottom of page 27. I saw Battle Mage and Samantha had voted.

The embarrassing part is when my post refreshed I saw Funeral had already put him at E-1. Ugh. I wasn’t too fret about it though, but it was goofy. That’s why I didn’t really wanna talk in twilight, but trust, me I would not have been that careless as scum. For some reason hammering is like a huge no no in this game, but I was okay with whatever heat would come. I didn’t really know where the vote was, but I didn’t expect it to be hammer.
This gets a 2/5 rating. Perhaps plausible, but overall, rather weak.
In post 817, esotericzoomer wrote:their votes have been really weak + poe
Early game isn't necessarily my forte. Furthermore, if you haven't noticed, I'm often not fully caught up, so yeah, less real time engagement.
In post 832, esotericzoomer wrote:soulread is funeral bm gamma
Why is Italiano town?
In post 839, Battle Mage wrote:you should die today for this rolefishing alone
Esoteric should die, but not for that. It's the same thing samantha's been doing all game with me, and unfortunately, it isn't necessarily even scum-indicative. Not in today's meta anyway.
In post 841, Battle Mage wrote:i think i've covered this, but gretchen had a 4-player pool at end of day - I know I'm town, 1 other player in there flipped town. So at best, 2/4 were scum, which isn't the most amazing. And given the amount of people peddling this argument, it feels much more likely to me that the Gretchen kill was to frame somebody in that pool.
Okay, Battle Mage is starting to look /slightly/ worse, but eh.
In post 861, Battle Mage wrote:maybe SK stands for something different then
Flavor in normals should never have any relation to the actual setup. That would make the setup abnormal, even if the roles in it are normal.
In post 870, Gamma Emerald wrote:also I refuse to believe HUB was a vig shot so I'm curious who might have wanted HUB dead
It's a debatable kill, I agree. But is it really all that surprising? People do stuff like that all the time regardless of whether it's the correct move or not.
In post 880, Gamma Emerald wrote:
How the fuck would mafia specifically know that
Yeah, that take didn't really make sense, Battle Mage.
In post 884, samantha97 wrote:
In post 883, In the beginning wrote:No comment for now.
well it's kind of now or I waste my time tearing your posts apart and potential derail town
Well, I guess you're gonna have to waste your time...
Like I agree, it would be more productive for you to do something more worthwhile than just rolefish me.
In post 889, Gamma Emerald wrote:Why do you think scum believed BM’s claim?
Meh, maybe it's a bad assumption, but I'm inclined to take most claims at face value. I figure most people would do the same, simply because it's the easy approach.
In the beginning...

In the beginning
In the beginning
Townie
In the beginning
Townie
Townie

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:58 pm

VOTE: Italiano

I would support funeral or esoteric wagons as well.
In the beginning...

samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by samantha97 »

it's kind of role extortion rather than fishing but if that's your answer then yeah I hope people join me in voting for you
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by samantha97 »

In post 888, In the beginning wrote:
In post 732, samantha97 wrote:don't really wanna take the effort to elaborate until he posts, cause I might discard that thought when he does
If you're softing a result on me, you best out it already. You have nothing to fear anyways considering the vig is already outted and most likely a higher priority target then yourself.
you have no comment but you should have nothing to fear too right?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:20 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 878, In the beginning wrote:It might be anti-town in some sense, but in another sense, it's perfectly sensible. It's a good way to throw scum off. (Please note that I am /still/ not confirming nor denying whether I was crumbing there or not. More specifically, you may speculate as to whether the crumb is real or not.)
Personally I don’t care if you crumbed or not as I think crumbing (unless it’s done or at least semi-blatantly) is stupid and only makes sense to the person crumbing.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: sam
I don’t see why town plays like this
<Embrace The Void>

samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by samantha97 »

In post 895, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: sam
I don’t see why town plays like this
I don't see why town plays like this either but you don't see me voting for you
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Like I saw “Town!Samantha that wants others to claim”
It’s not like this
<Embrace The Void>

samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by samantha97 »

I don't want others to claim, I want him to claim
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Doesn’t change the fact your tactics are way different
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”