Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:05 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well...crap. Ok then.
Unvote.
To be honest, I could see a Jordan/BM lynch just as well. IIRC Jordan would pop in every so often with pseudoanalysis and then leave for days at a time :S.
Vote: BM
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:37 am

Post by Korts »

Rules don't clarify deadline lynches.

mod:
if deadline hits before we have a majority, is the person at the most votes lynched?

Otherwise, the Fonz case is not much more than misrepresentation and semantics; I'm looking at strife right now, he seems to be implying that we don't have much choice other than a BM/Fonz/Korts lynch...

unvote, vote: strife
scumchat never die
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:07 am

Post by The Fonz »

ting =) wrote:
Fonz wrote:ust untrue. If no one else had IA as a top suspect, why did Rofl vote for him?
Wee!
One
vote.

You're missing my point, and you know you're missing it. IAM wasn't going to get lynched.
You're deliberately ignoring mine, which is that that is not true. Were you around at the time? I clearly felt at that point that IAAUN was a viable lynch.

GS could see that he was not going to get a majority concensus.
Again, there was at least as much chance of getting majority consensus on IAAUN as on the guy who
ended up getting lynched
Just because people discuss someone, or even vote someone, doesn't mean that they're willing to actually lynch him.
Eh?

---
fonz wrote:urthermore, you're simultaneously suggesting that Greasy Spot was just being his idiotic self (with the repeated confirms) but contending that he was acting as a rational townie would in dropping the case. This is contradictory. (As is your recent claim that your defence is that he 'acted like an exasperated townie' when previously you claimed the move was rational. So, rational, or born of frustration?)
False dichtomy. You can have exasperated but rational people. They're not mutually exclusive things.
In one breath, you're telling me that GS has to behave irrationally in order to fit with your meta of town-GS (tunneling townie), and here, you're telling me that you expect rational cases from him.
Obvious, blatant, and outright lie. I NEVER EVER EVER asked ting to demonstrate that Greasy Spot's actions were rational. You volunteered the 'it was rational' defence.'

When you stop making contradictory accusations, expect me to stop making forced defences.[/i]
You're just being dishonest here. I said Greasy's and IAAUN's actions with regard to one another looked like bussing. You volunteered the defence that his actions were rational since there was no chance of an IAAUN lynch. You also raised the contradictory point that he was just acting erratically as per his meta.

The contradiction was introduced by you, not by me, and saying otherwise is blatant mendacity.
Vote: Ting

Willing to switch to strife at deadline. The BM case doesn't seem to be more than 'has gone inactive.' We have another method to deal with that, if you catch my drift.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:20 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Unvote: Korts

I'll have another look at my other suspects after class.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:31 am

Post by silence »

orangepenguin wrote:Like I kind of said, I've been lazy. :oops: But I do need to re-read, because I haven't in a while, and if I find a case worth exploring, I will do. :)
Orangepenguin has been continuously promising activity today without doing anything, and to me these don't sound genuine.
Vote: orangepenguin
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:41 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Um, not sure if I exactly promised anything, just said I NEED TO be more active. Otherwise, I should be replaced. I just don't like rereading threads that have tons of pages over and over again. I need to work on that. But I wasn't promising anything, just noting that I haven't been that committed and I need to step it up a bit and help out. Not sure if that's scummy or not, but I guess it can be perceived as active lurking, since I have been keeping up with the posts. I was going to comment anyways. Usually, in all my games, I just stay quiet if the conversation doesn't concern me, and then days pass quickly.

Don't like how strife pretty much forced Korts to claim. It was probably necessary, to prevent a lynch, but the way he said it sounded pretty bad. (CLAIM OR DIE) Not sure if that's enough to warrant a vote.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:56 am

Post by Rogueben »

Korts wrote:mod: if deadline hits before we have a majority, is the person at the most votes lynched?
The deadline lynch rules are that the player with the most votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie the player who had the most votes for the longest amount of time. In the unlikely circumstance of no one voting the game will go to night without a lynch.

The player who would be lynched based on the current vote count will have their name bolded.

Votecount incoming later.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:19 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

OK, this is after one quick reread. Here's what I have:
  • I don't see a case on Battle Mage.
  • The Fonz did a few things I don't particularly like, but he otherwise appears to be an actively scumhunting townie.
  • Greasy Spot's later posts come off to me as particularly scummy, and I still don't like his vote on iamausername. As for the ting =) vs. The Fonz case, I currently believe The Fonz more. I'm going to repeat the latter's case on the former as little as possible, but this one is the one I like best and the one that won me.
Vote: ting =)

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:25 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

orangepenguin wrote:Um, not sure if I exactly promised anything, just said I NEED TO be more active. Otherwise, I should be replaced. I just don't like rereading threads that have tons of pages over and over again. I need to work on that. But I wasn't promising anything, just noting that I haven't been that committed and I need to step it up a bit and help out. Not sure if that's scummy or not, but I guess it can be perceived as active lurking, since I have been keeping up with the posts. I was going to comment anyways. Usually, in all my games, I just stay quiet if the conversation doesn't concern me, and then days pass quickly.
Enough said. I just did a Ctrl+F on your posts in isolation, and the only things that come up when I type "promise" or a form thereof was in your post quoted here and your quoting another player.

FoS: silence
for strawmanning orangepenguin.
orangepenguin wrote:Don't like how strife pretty much forced Korts to claim. It was probably necessary, to prevent a lynch, but the way he said it sounded pretty bad. (CLAIM OR DIE) Not sure if that's enough to warrant a vote.
"Claim or die" is pretty common to say when someone's at L-1. Some people like it, some people don't, but I say it's a null tell.

strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by strife220 »

Korts wrote:Otherwise, the Fonz case is not much more than misrepresentation and semantics; I'm looking at strife right now, he seems to be implying that we don't have much choice other than a BM/Fonz/Korts lynch...

unvote, vote: strife
There's 4 days left to deadline and we need to rack somebody up to claim fast. Of course I'm going to suggest people join bandwagons instead of start their own.
Example: Right now we have 4 different people with 1 or 2 votes each. If people aren't more active, we're going to accidentally no lynch.
*Edit: Just noticed read the deadline rules. Sorry, I assumed no majority = no lynch*

orangepenguin wrote:It was probably necessary, to prevent a lynch, but the way he said it sounded pretty bad. (CLAIM OR DIE) Not sure if that's enough to warrant a vote.
That's sort of a catch phrase on mafiascum. Do a search on those words and you'll find tons of people use the phrase.

I don't like the case on Ting as I really don't think GS was distancing D1. Orangepenguin is a pretty good lynch, so if it's between him and Ting or Fonz, I'll switch my vote to orangepenguin.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by strife220 »

EBWOP:
Korts wrote:I'm looking at strife right now, he seems to be implying that we don't have much choice other than a BM/Fonz/Korts lynch...
Wait... where did I imply that? Quote please...
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

StrangerCoug wrote: "Claim or die" is pretty common to say when someone's at L-1. Some people like it, some people don't, but I say it's a null tell.
strife220 wrote:
orangepenguin wrote:It was probably necessary, to prevent a lynch, but the way he said it sounded pretty bad. (CLAIM OR DIE) Not sure if that's enough to warrant a vote.
That's sort of a catch phrase on mafiascum. Do a search on those words and you'll find tons of people use the phrase.
Oh. So it definitely isn't worth a vote, or even a fos. Null tell it is.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:24 pm

Post by Korts »

@strife:
strife220 wrote:
Unvote

If Korts is lying I don't see a need for the real doc to claim today. But we should keep in mind that just because there was a no-kill last night doesn't confirm there's a 2nd doc.

I don't actually like the case against the Fonz.
This post, particularly the last quoted line gave me the impression that you won't be likely to consider any other wagons. You mention me in reference to a possible counterclaim, you mention dislike of the Fonz case, and you vote BM. But if you are only listing the wagons you would like to join, why mention Fonz, when you state you don't like the case against him? And if you are listing all cases made recently, why leave ting out, when Fonz and now StrangerCoug obviously have a pretty detailed one?

Also, please explain your vote on BM. If this is a lurkerhunt, how is it pro-town right before deadline?
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:26 pm

Post by Korts »

EBWOP: for people considering a strife-lynch, please join the wagon ASAP, before we hit deadline.
scumchat never die
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:28 am

Post by strife220 »

Korts wrote:@strife:
strife220 wrote:
Unvote

If Korts is lying I don't see a need for the real doc to claim today. But we should keep in mind that just because there was a no-kill last night doesn't confirm there's a 2nd doc.

I don't actually like the case against the Fonz.
This post, particularly the last quoted line gave me the impression that you won't be likely to consider any other wagons. You mention me in reference to a possible counterclaim, you mention dislike of the Fonz case, and you vote BM. But if you are only listing the wagons you would like to join, why mention Fonz, when you state you don't like the case against him? And if you are listing all cases made recently, why leave ting out, when Fonz and now StrangerCoug obviously have a pretty detailed one?

Also, please explain your vote on BM. If this is a lurkerhunt, how is it pro-town right before deadline?
Nobody was voting Ting at the time I made that post. I believe it's important to join bandwagons near deadline, but I didn't want to join the Fonz one because I think he's more likely town than scum, so I hoped to start my own. After his bandwagon started (a few posts ago), I explicitly commented that I didn't want to join that one either.
Why wouldn't I state my opinion on the only player with votes (besides a claimed doc) near deadline?

I have no idea what you're accusing me of in my BM vote. If you think I'm just making a completely random vote, you haven't been paying attention, since I was voting for BM for the majority of this day - see my earlier posts.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Vote Count 17

Korts
- (2) {skitzer, Toaster Strudel}

Battle Mage - (2) {strife220, forbiddanlight}

ting =) - (2) {The Fonz, StrangerCoug}

The Fonz - (1) {ting =)}

strife220 - (1) {Korts}

orangepenguin - (1) {silence}

Not Voting: {orangepenguin, Battle Mage}.

With 11 alive it's 6 to lynch.

As it stands at deadline Korts would be lynched as he reached 2 votes first.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:15 am

Post by Korts »

strife220 wrote: Nobody was voting Ting at the time I made that post. I believe it's important to join bandwagons near deadline, but I didn't want to join the Fonz one because I think he's more likely town than scum, so I hoped to start my own. After his bandwagon started (a few posts ago), I explicitly commented that I didn't want to join that one either.
Why wouldn't I state my opinion on the only player with votes (besides a claimed doc) near deadline?

I have no idea what you're accusing me of in my BM vote. If you think I'm just making a completely random vote, you haven't been paying attention, since I was voting for BM for the majority of this day - see my earlier posts.
I'm very sad that you're making sense, I thought I was onto something there... I'll read your BM case in a bit.

unvote
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:33 am

Post by Korts »

Vote definitely needs to go somewhere, so I'm going to Vote: BM. I think his case against Armix for allowing Muerrto to respond was contrived. His predecessor, Jordan, had suspicion quite wildly all over the place D1 as well.
This the entirety of your case? Cos I couldn't find anything else. That's pretty weak by itself.

vote: ting

Basically to save my own ass.
scumchat never die
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:57 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Alright, I'm gonna buffer the doctor. Sorry Ting (I HATE making choices like this :(, but PR beats potential VT)

Unvote, vote Ting
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:11 am

Post by strife220 »

Remember that a vote for Ting is a vote for Greasy Spot. If you think he's scum, you have to think Greasy spot and IAUN were distancing D1. I really don't think that's true.

2 days until deadline. My lynch preference (for those with votes) goes BM > Orange Penguin > Ting > No Lynch.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:14 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

strife220 wrote:Remember that a vote for Ting is a vote for Greasy Spot. If you think he's scum, you have to think Greasy spot and IAUN were distancing D1. I really don't think that's true.
Why do you think otherwise?

strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:26 am

Post by strife220 »

Because of how over-the-top it was. Somebody else said it well earlier - the argument was bordering on personal. Ting's case was also much easier for me to accept than Fonz's in the "Ting vs Fonz" case.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:37 am

Post by ting =) »

fonz wrote:You're deliberately ignoring mine, which is that that is not true.Were you around at the time? I clearly felt at that point that IAAUN was a viable lynch.
Not ignoring, I just don't believe it. We're not going to agree on this. No way IAU was getting lynched.
Eh?
discussion != will to lynch. Just because people are discussing someone doesn't mean they intend to lynch him.
fonz wrote:Obvious, blatant, and outright lie. I NEVER EVER EVER asked ting to demonstrate that Greasy Spot's actions were rational. You volunteered the 'it was rational' defence.'
Uh huh, asking me to point out GS' reasons, or GS' case against IAU obviously don't count as asking me to rationalize his actions.
You're just being dishonest here. I said Greasy's and IAAUN's actions with regard to one another looked like bussing. You volunteered the defence that his actions were rational since there was no chance of an IAAUN lynch. You also raised the contradictory point that he was just acting erratically as per his meta.

The contradiction was introduced by you, not by me, and saying otherwise is blatant mendacity.
No. That was one of your arguments - they looked like they were bussing, yes. BUT, you also raised the points that:

1)His actions don't fit your conception of his irrational-tunneling-town meta. (I can quote this if you want.)
2)He didn't bother to rationalize his actions with regards to IAU. (I can also quote this.)
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:37 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Remember that a vote for Ting is a vote for Greasy Spot. If you think he's scum, you have to think Greasy spot and IAUN were distancing D1. I really don't think that's true.
I'm aware. I could barely see it just because of the fact that Greasy dropped it seemingly without cause. But maybe I'm just lazy.
-StrangerCoug

ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:44 am

Post by ting =) »

I can understand if you guys are going to lynch me just to avoid a no lynch, but I obviously don't agree.

Like strife said, the case on me boils down to 'GS looked like he was distancing.' Korts and FL don't seem that convinced of it all and are just plain hopping, but it's too close to deadline for me to raise a hoohah over it, there wouldn't be time to raise a counter wagon.

I'm a townie.

I still feel a Fonz lynch is best, but I don't think there's enough time to rally a wagon on him given that deadline is tomorrow. We've been arguing minuitae for the most part, but consider looking at him tomorrow. GS was vehement to the point of being personal, he was a far cry from distancing, and his switch to armlx obviously reads like plain exasperation if you bother to re-read.

I don't think there's anything more for me to say about GS really as far as proof goes, so I'll just let my death my speak. Think about if GS really did look like distancing, and I don't think anyone thought so either, at the time of his switch. It wasn't till Fonz brought it up that it became an issue.

Obviously, being dead won't make mean I'm right, and I'll admit that even I felt that Fonz was town for most of the game. I could very well be wrong, and I'm nowhere near certain, but if I had to pick someone, I'd pick Fonz for scum simply because I know GS wasn't distancing.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”