Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:06 pm

Post by Syryana »

Netflix and Chill have fired upon RLotus! Unfortunately, they have shot a fellow townie and have been killed by misfire!

RLotus is the new gunbearer and confirmed as aligned with
Town
. Deadline for the next shot is (expired on 2021-02-10 22:00:00).
[/align]
Last edited by Syryana on Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by Syryana »

Official Vote Count

Not Voting
(5): Imperium, unwnd, ScrewTheTells, Norfolk Boy1, MUSHSHAGANA, SirCakez, Dunnstral, Rockhopper, Duchess, RLotus, WhemeStar, Not_Mafia

Deadline
: (expired on 2021-02-11 00:01:48)
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by Imperium »

I don’t understand why you guys gotta rush things these days.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT SHOOT FOR AT LEAST 96 HOURS. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT EVERYONE HAS POSTED ENOUGH TO GET A SOLID READ ON THEM BEFORE SHOOTING. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. Scum have advantage with regards to momentum early. Once we shoot two of them life becomes extraordinarily difficult for them but until that point they have the advantage. Please don't hero shoot and give townies time to develop solid reads on a majority of a playerlist and please be patient and let lurkslots resolve via replacement or being forced to post via harsh prod timers.

Duchess, if you're town here, you will pretty much make us or break us here. If you're town here it's up to you to show RLotus that you are also town to prevent yet another misfire. His big problem with you is lack of original scumhunting so I would highly recommend you try piecing together a readslist on everyone with enough posts to get anything on. I don't think that you continuing your 1v1 with him is going to get you anything but a bullet.
In post 632, SirCakez wrote:
In post 626, unwnd wrote:Cakez I feel like the more you convince yourself you're right on Imperium the more it would play into their hand. Like, you're afraid if you're not the one to catch Imperium no one will. I townread you for that amongst other things, but at some point if Imperium is just bigbadscum then other mates would be paying closer attention if they felt Imperium was in trouble, as I'm certain the gun has been waved over their head.

This doesn't absolve anything, but I do think right now they're probably doing other things.
I'm not sure what you're getting at here
I think right now if Imp is scum here they are very worries about me mainly because the setup empowers me even if no one else believes my read
If we were threatened by your read on us, I imagine that my approach to you would be more diplomatic and less dickish. It would not be in my best interest to continue our mind-numbing 1v1 because that would make it more likely for you to dig your heels in. Unfortunately, we're town in the inenviable position of having to read you - meaning that I actually need you to spend time thinking about responses to us and I need to climb into your head a little bit to make you uncomfortable. Either that and we're scum godfather or we're just waiting for a goon to get shot so we can put bullets in you.
In post 634, ScrewTheTells wrote:From more likely town to more likely scum:

SirCakez
RLotus
Dunnstral
unwnd
Duchess
WhemeStar
Rockhopper
Imperium
MUSHSHAGANA
Not_Mafia
Norfolk Boy1

Note: a lot of things could swing wildly if conditions change. For example,
Imperium and Cakez could switch spots depending on Norfolk's alignment.

MUSH is less scummy since my last post. Mostly due to the sheer effort that writing those walls would take...

MUSHSHAGANA, do you have any games you've played where you're scum? (others feel free to link me games if MUSH doesn't answer this, I don't know a fast way to search for this)

The Imperium-SirCakez war seems genuinely heated. I think they're on different teams (leaning scum on imperium for previous reasons), or they're just REALLY emotionally tunnel-visioned if they're both town. I hope it's not the latter. If you're town and you're reading this, take a deep breath lol. It'll be for the better.
I'm struggling seeing the Cakez-Us dichotomy as a genuine one.

For one, the bolded in the above quote freaks me the fuck out because of the magnitude of the swing. I get suspecting us if Norfolk-scum and suspecting Cakez if Norfolk town; I get how that can affect his read a bit. I don't think that one flip should move his strongest townread to his fourth scumread or vice-versa. Secondly, I find that scum LOVE setting up Scum vs Town dichotomies (gives them two lynches in a row to push if needed!) and this is a bastard form of that. His current thought is if Norfolk is town, then Cakez is scum. If Cakez is town, then Imperium is scum.

I know that we're town. I'm thinking (Tammy has more doubts than I do) that Cakez is town. I don't know about Norfolk, but if he's town here, that's STT setting up three lynches in a row. That's ridiculous.

Finally, I don't like the Mush read. I don't like the time he's spending on her and I don't think that the words he types about her properly reflects her position in the town list. He seems to think that scum doesn't put in the work like Mush already did this game but he's still unwilling to put her above Rockhopper who hasn't posted shit this game? I struggle to believe that. I feel it's more likely that STT is scum who feels obligated to show his work on that Mush read changes so wants to do a bunch of meta bullshit so he doesn't have to push a universal townread.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 778, Nachomamma8 wrote:PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT SHOOT FOR AT LEAST 96 HOURS. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT EVERYONE HAS POSTED ENOUGH TO GET A SOLID READ ON THEM BEFORE SHOOTING. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. Scum have advantage with regards to momentum early. Once we shoot two of them life becomes extraordinarily difficult for them but until that point they have the advantage. Please don't hero shoot and give townies time to develop solid reads on a majority of a playerlist and please be patient and let lurkslots resolve via replacement or being forced to post via harsh prod timers.

Duchess, if you're town here, you will pretty much make us or break us here. If you're town here it's up to you to show RLotus that you are also town to prevent yet another misfire. His big problem with you is lack of original scumhunting so I would highly recommend you try piecing together a readslist on everyone with enough posts to get anything on. I don't think that you continuing your 1v1 with him is going to get you anything but a bullet.
In post 632, SirCakez wrote:
In post 626, unwnd wrote:Cakez I feel like the more you convince yourself you're right on Imperium the more it would play into their hand. Like, you're afraid if you're not the one to catch Imperium no one will. I townread you for that amongst other things, but at some point if Imperium is just bigbadscum then other mates would be paying closer attention if they felt Imperium was in trouble, as I'm certain the gun has been waved over their head.

This doesn't absolve anything, but I do think right now they're probably doing other things.
I'm not sure what you're getting at here
I think right now if Imp is scum here they are very worries about me mainly because the setup empowers me even if no one else believes my read
If we were threatened by your read on us, I imagine that my approach to you would be more diplomatic and less dickish. It would not be in my best interest to continue our mind-numbing 1v1 because that would make it more likely for you to dig your heels in. Unfortunately, we're town in the inenviable position of having to read you - meaning that I actually need you to spend time thinking about responses to us and I need to climb into your head a little bit to make you uncomfortable. Either that and we're scum godfather or we're just waiting for a goon to get shot so we can put bullets in you.
In post 634, ScrewTheTells wrote:From more likely town to more likely scum:

SirCakez
RLotus
Dunnstral
unwnd
Duchess
WhemeStar
Rockhopper
Imperium
MUSHSHAGANA
Not_Mafia
Norfolk Boy1

Note: a lot of things could swing wildly if conditions change. For example,
Imperium and Cakez could switch spots depending on Norfolk's alignment.

MUSH is less scummy since my last post. Mostly due to the sheer effort that writing those walls would take...

MUSHSHAGANA, do you have any games you've played where you're scum? (others feel free to link me games if MUSH doesn't answer this, I don't know a fast way to search for this)

The Imperium-SirCakez war seems genuinely heated. I think they're on different teams (leaning scum on imperium for previous reasons), or they're just REALLY emotionally tunnel-visioned if they're both town. I hope it's not the latter. If you're town and you're reading this, take a deep breath lol. It'll be for the better.
I'm struggling seeing the Cakez-Us dichotomy as a genuine one.

For one, the bolded in the above quote freaks me the fuck out because of the magnitude of the swing. I get suspecting us if Norfolk-scum and suspecting Cakez if Norfolk town; I get how that can affect his read a bit. I don't think that one flip should move his strongest townread to his fourth scumread or vice-versa. Secondly, I find that scum LOVE setting up Scum vs Town dichotomies (gives them two lynches in a row to push if needed!) and this is a bastard form of that. His current thought is if Norfolk is town, then Cakez is scum. If Cakez is town, then Imperium is scum.

I know that we're town. I'm thinking (Tammy has more doubts than I do) that Cakez is town. I don't know about Norfolk, but if he's town here, that's STT setting up three lynches in a row. That's ridiculous.

Finally, I don't like the Mush read. I don't like the time he's spending on her and I don't think that the words he types about her properly reflects her position in the town list. He seems to think that scum doesn't put in the work like Mush already did this game but he's still unwilling to put her above Rockhopper who hasn't posted shit this game? I struggle to believe that. I feel it's more likely that STT is scum who feels obligated to show his work on that Mush read changes so wants to do a bunch of meta bullshit so he doesn't have to push a universal townread.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Don't shoot immediately please, I have things to say as well
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:47 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

that was an awful fucking shot
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:47 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

i didnt even see it and was so confused on why trhread was locked
Im a dog that quacks
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:48 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 643, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Oh, and one more thing. Anyone who townreads STT, I'm going to be looking through the lists. I would very much like you to explain yourselves. In great, exhaustive detail. Really beat the hell out of your belief that STT is town, /challenge yourself/, because I will throw down a /solid/ wager that you are wrong. Say, winner gets to control the loser's first shot when they inevitably get the gun (because this is gonna look /real/ bad for whoever is wrong, and they shouldn't trust themselves to hit shit anyway). I'm not joking or exaggerating, STT looks awful here, and you can check Death Curse to see that I'm right. ISO Zdenek, and Ctrl+F "MUSH". Recognize that Zdenek was replaced by Frederick A Campbell, who was our very first scum kill in Death Curse, and opened the door to red flip city. I am putting my bet down, I want anyone who thinks I'm wrong to put their money where their mouth is and/or eat lead.
Liked this post. I'm definitely in the same boat. I really really would love to see STT get blasted to seventh heaven.

I DO NOT WANT STT SHOT RIGHT NOW.

I WANT ROCKHOPPER/NOT-MAFIA/OTHERS TO DO SHIT OR GET REPLACED BEFORE A SHOT IS MADE.

But if I believe that if Lotus wants to hit scum then he wants to shoot STT.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:49 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 782, WhemeStar wrote:i didnt even see it and was so confused on why trhread was locked
They said they were shooting but I didn’t realize they meant right then.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by Imperium »

I cannot emphasize enough that we need time to process shit toDay. Every misfire ties the noose a little tighter around our neck so the further into the day we get the more cautious we need to get.

At the very least. I need Rockhopper/STT/NM/Norfolk boy to have significant contribution to the game and I need time to react to their contributions before someone gets shot. Please. For the love of all things please wait to shoot until that happens.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by Imperium »

Let's try to avoid dragging the dead's reputation, everyone. It's okay to disagree but it's frustrating when you're dead in a game and people are saying you did something dumb and you can't even defend yourself.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

So the swing to Rtlotus came out of nowhere for me when I was reading, all I remember previously is someone pointing to not liking their push on Duchess

I'm not really seeing a progression from Unwnd here, for example.

I am going to advocate that we shoot Norfolk Boy next. I understand that you scumread Duchess - we should talk more about this, I think Norfolk has a high likelihood of being scum here and each new post they make is just bad, bluntly.

It's important to think about what scum are doing here. Do they get into 1v1s with someone who is town... or do they play back and avoid making waves? There's a lot of people right now who don't have big opinions, or are scumreading someone who is likely to shoot elsewhere (looking at cakez scumreads here).

I'm not sure that 96 whole hours is necessary, but at least 48 would be nice
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:54 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

No we should shoot duchess or cakez or not mafia.
Im a dog that quacks
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:54 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 787, Dunnstral wrote:I'm not really seeing a progression from Unwnd here, for example.
Where in any of my posts did it say that I thought he was scum, all I mentioned that is that the shot would be 'interesting'
Stop
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:54 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 784, Imperium wrote:
In post 782, WhemeStar wrote:i didnt even see it and was so confused on why trhread was locked
They said they were shooting but I didn’t realize they meant right then.
I don't mind the timing of the shot, but I feel like the target came out of left field and we didn't really talk about it and then they shot

There were people egging that shot on. Unwnd what do you mean that rllotus shot helps you resolve duchess? If duchess is your top scumspect I don't understand why you go for rllotus there
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 790, Dunnstral wrote:There were people egging that shot on.
...Like who?
Stop
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 778, Nachomamma8 wrote:For one, the bolded in the above quote freaks me the fuck out because of the magnitude of the swing.
This and the stuff following it is a good point
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 791, unwnd wrote:
In post 790, Dunnstral wrote:There were people egging that shot on.
...Like who?
You and Imperium.

You because of what you wrote, Imperium because they suddenly brought up nacho's suspicion on rtlotus right when Netflix and Chill was saying they were thinking about shooting
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 789, unwnd wrote:
In post 787, Dunnstral wrote:I'm not really seeing a progression from Unwnd here, for example.
Where in any of my posts did it say that I thought he was scum, all I mentioned that is that the shot would be 'interesting'
You're speaking like a politician right now
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 786, Imperium wrote:Let's try to avoid dragging the dead's reputation, everyone. It's okay to disagree but it's frustrating when you're dead in a game and people are saying you did something dumb and you can't even defend yourself.
Im not trying to call him out on a bad shot. I meant dumb as in very unexpected and I felt like there wes very little discussion regarding it.
Im a dog that quacks
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by Imperium »

@Norfolk Boy:
Spoiler: Post 648
In post 648, Norfolk Boy1 wrote:My list:

Netflix
Imperium
Mush
Not Mafia
Lotus
Unwnd
Cakez
Dunnstral
Duchess
Wheme
Rockhopper
ScrewTheTells

Ultimately, I don't mind being shot as it would clear all tbe gubbins around me up and we could move on, but I don't consider it a good trade for Netflix.

My town leanings are:

Imperium, based mainly on the interactions with Cakez and what I consider to be a parallel scenario with misreps.

Mush's application of logic is what I live for and I rate it highly.

Not Mafia is so reserved at the moment and based on my experience that's a little towntell.

Lotus was a little scumread for me earlier, but the back and forth with Duchess and the assessment in posts and have resonated with me. I like the theory and this comes across as genuine scumhunting.

I'm on the fence about Unwnd, Cakez and Dunnstral right now. I still feel that Cakez is just having a western and I don't think they're the right shot at the moment.

I wouldn't object to a Duchess or Wheme shot, both feel like they could flip scum.

Quiet Rockhopper isn't the gung ho town Rockhopper that I know.

And ScrewTheTells is my number 1 choice as previously mentioned.

I need some more posting from you ASAP. We can't afford to shoot people to "clear things up" - we need to be shooting people to put scum in the ground. My schedule is kind of wacky but if you would rather schedule a time where we both spend an hour in thread just talking so you can get real time interactions and feedback and let's do that - know it's hard to put time aside but I'm afraid that if you're town here we're not gonna see it unless you effort a bit.

What's your previous experience with Rockhopper? Is it multiple games or just one?
Do you have anything that bothers you about Duchess other than what Lotus pointed out? What bothers you about Wheme?

Why is Not Mafia "reserved" instead of "lurkfucking"?

Could you rephrase your STT suspicion for me again? What are your opinions on Dunnstral - I know he hasn't posted a lot but what do you think of the positions that he's taken in the game thus far?
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

I wasn't super enthused with the choice, but it was FAR from an awful shot. It was maybe awful timing (far too early), but in the gamestate, Lotus was a good shot if you weren't convinced by the 3 or 4 major scumread pushes (2 which I think were mine). Lotus had a decent amount of contact with the majority of the playerlist, a fair amount of content, and no one at all with hard reads about him. That shot was solid for cleaning the gamestate up fast ... it just sucks that it couldn't have gone the other way and given us a red hit on top of it.

PEDIT: NOT liking Dunn or Wheme here at all. Wheme gets out of my townreads now.

This shit stinks of scum trying to demoralize the town.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Also, I remember a few people expressing that rtlotus/duchess were both unreadable because they were only talking to each other, and that they were hard reads etc. Not sure what to make of that
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 797, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:PEDIT: NOT liking Dunn or Wheme here at all. Wheme gets out of my townreads now.
Convince lotus to shoot me so I can go on a killing spree of scum
Im a dog that quacks

Return to “Completed Open Games”