Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 139, Imperium wrote:I don’t think I’ve posted anything of substance.
I agreed with this until I remembered
Duchess
Duchess
Goon
Duchess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by Duchess »

Mushshagana. I don't have anything against your long-form posts. I was only concerned about having too much of a solidified plan laid out that could interfere with the normal flow of the day. On another note, regarding Whemestar, I believe you look quite trustworthy coming out of your argument, as I myself noticed a lot of what you pointed out about him.
Gotta frown at some of this stuff
They say that new Duchess don't sound hungry enough
Duchess
Duchess
Goon
Duchess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:25 pm

Post by Duchess »

In post 90, WhemeStar wrote:Guys I was memeing about shooting Norfolk chill...
What do you think of Norfolk now? Has your read on him changed since you said it?
Duchess
Duchess
Goon
Duchess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by Duchess »

In post 133, Imperium wrote:Decent chance at least one person in that list is scum just due to the large number of scum this game.

Dunno though.
I think this is the closest you've still gotten to saying a read. Can we expect you to look harder once the game gets rolling a little bit more? Has everyone's posts looked okay to you so far?
Duchess
Duchess
Goon
Duchess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:30 pm

Post by Duchess »

ScrewTheTells. Can you please talk about Imperium and especially Dunnstral in more depth? What substance in Imperium's posts made you change your mind?
Duchess
Duchess
Goon
Duchess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by Duchess »

UNVOTE: RLotus

VOTE: Whemestar
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:39 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 150, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 139, Imperium wrote:I don’t think I’ve posted anything of substance.
I agreed with this until I remembered
Yeah I guess in the realm of it’s a serious post, but it’s essentially a mafia theory post and easy to make so it’s not something I’d typically associate with substance.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:51 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 153, Duchess wrote:
In post 133, Imperium wrote:Decent chance at least one person in that list is scum just due to the large number of scum this game.

Dunno though.
I think this is the closest you've still gotten to saying a read. Can we expect you to look harder once the game gets rolling a little bit more? Has everyone's posts looked okay to you so far?
I think I’ll probably read the posts before my first one tomorrow, and might have a read or two. Maybe? You’re doing the lords work with the early game pushing and questioning! I’m just getting my baseline here; I’ll get around to being serious eventually.

The only thing I think so far besides Netflix and chill are super town fits me is that I like that dunnstrall looked at the tells guy’s posting history. They’re probably* unaligned from that, and I like that he picked up on the tells guy being a hydra account. When I looked at tells guy he didn’t realize it was the hydra account, I thought he had asked if he could hydra. Although I don’t understand why Dunn thought him questioning the townreads of Dunn was a dig.

*knee jerk thought don’t know how much I want to buy into that dissociative there.
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:33 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 123, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:
In post 114, WhemeStar wrote:Are you saying people who don’t shit post are town?
This and the following vote are great, because the meaning should not have been in question, considering the order of the following posts (bolded for relevance)...
In post 55, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 54, Duchess wrote:
In post 41, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 30, RLotus wrote:Duchess town
Why do you townread #28? I am getting scum vibes from it.
Is there anything else beside just a bad vibe? Is there another way you can describe what you are seeing?
It looked like a lot of trying to do something but it was just fluff. Im bad at explaining things sorry.
In post 77, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:--snip for readability--

I don't really like anything I'm seeing of Wheme so far. So, Wheme, I have a question for you. What /are/ you bringing to the table here? So far we have bad reads but wants the gun,
casting entirely baseless shade on one of the few players posting anything substantive
(no offense intended to the players who have not posted anything substantive, game basically just started), and shitposting. What do you have that town benefits from? Don't dodge the question or meme about it, I want an honest self-assessment. What are you actually doing in this game to help town out?
So, let's not fool ourselves here. Wheme's approach to me has been to actively attempt to twist my play into something that it is not. Weasel wording it to make it appear I'm fence sitting. Taking a really tortured interpretation of something I described him doing -- not to mention removing that description from its context. Etc. This sort of play normally grinds my gears, but Wheme's approach to it is so boneless and ineffective that I mostly just want to dunk on him for it. But is it alignment indicative? Hmmmm, not so sure.

Someone town desperately trying to get the gun at any and all costs, up to and including the town turning their back on them entirely, is a very real possibility. Anti-town as fuck and all but guaranteed to lead to utter disaster, but still, very possible.

Then again, gambiting scum? Not impossible, especially if they're the Godfather -- someone taking them up on their offer has /some/ utility. That would be awfully telling in a lot of ways, though, so it's no guarantee itself.
Fluff post =/ shit post.

I have 0 intention of twisting your play and don’t recall ever trying to do that. I don’t know what I took out of context. Fence sitting is literally what your doing when you call me out on shit without saying I’m scum for it.
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 155, Duchess wrote:UNVOTE: RLotus

How do you agree with someone who isn’t voting me and hasn’t called me scum and then vote me?
Im a dog that quacks
Norfolk Boy1
Norfolk Boy1
Goon
Norfolk Boy1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:24 am

Post by Norfolk Boy1 »

I'm not digging ScrewTheTells jumping in and claiming it's suspicious that i'm not posting when it's Sunday night in the UK.

Anyone suggesting a committee or that votes should decide the shot is a scum candidate for me.

The only confirmed town is Netflix, so Netflix should decide.
Norfolk Boy1
Norfolk Boy1
Goon
Norfolk Boy1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:28 am

Post by Norfolk Boy1 »

In post 159, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 155, Duchess wrote:UNVOTE: RLotus

How do you agree with someone who isn’t voting me and hasn’t called me scum and then vote me?
Does it matter? Votes are meaningless.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:44 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 160, Norfolk Boy1 wrote:Anyone suggesting a committee or that votes should decide the shot is a scum candidate for me.
Who said that?
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:56 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

I have a handful of reads I'm keeping close to the chest at this point. Just wanted to get that out there.

I also have some requests.

Regardless of alignment, I want to see more content from RLotus soon.

I'd like Norfolk's opinions on Wheme and Dunn.

Netflix has the only mechanical power, and the lion's share of the content is coming without much weight from them. I'd like to see more pressure from the only person whose pressure has any importance.

I really don't care about who does this (the participants can even do it themselves, I /really/ don't care), but I'd like to get opinions on the Dunn/Imperium interactions in general. There's a couple of them and they have some actual substance to them. I have my own thoughts, but I'd like to see what other people have to say. FTR, I'm not looking for alignment related opinions, just trying to figure out what other people see happening there.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:07 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Why do you think Netflix was chosen as gunbearer?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:36 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

If that question is aimed at me specifically, I've considered that -- but plans are easily disrupted, and I intend to disrupt.

Also, there's more reasons than the obvious for what I said and how I said it in my prior post. Sometimes it's almost more illuminating how other people react to something that has nothing to do with them. Just for example: If this question /is/ directed at me, I now know a bit more about how you think, what draws your attention, and what your priorities are. Now that I have that to work with, I can use that when sorting or lining up pushes, even if you aren't the target.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:12 am

Post by Imperium »

Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:14 am

Post by Imperium »

Well that’s a bummer. That’s supposed to be the gif that says you fell into a classic blunder. It’s the voice I read mush’s posts in
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:22 am

Post by RLotus »

I'm liking what I'm seeing from Mush, his convictions are very strong and seem authentic.

I don't mind WhemeStar anymore, I think his reactions to the pressure was fine. Nothing very AI was said, but a small townlean for him for having towny vibes.

A couple people said they didn't like STT's post, but I thought it was very towny. His perspective just seems to be lining up with how I'm seeing the game. Firstly he mentions how suspicious it was when Norfolk went quiet (easy observation to make at this point, sure). Then he said he liked mush's effort but didn't like his reasoning on whemestar, which I agree. He arrived that whemestar is towny, albeit for different reason than me, but I agree. Also I had the same thought about why people shouldn't be reading dunn town. Dunn's reaction to this calling it shade was a little weird, so slight town points to Imperium for pointing that out. Overall, I think this is a town perspective.
In post 52, Duchess wrote:To me Norfolk looks like he is overcompensating for something he did that he knows looks scummy on the surface, so I agree with both of you if that makes any sense. I also agree that Whemestar's eager attitude looks like an act to me.
At first I did think Duchess was towny, but after wheme said the stuff about how Duchess' post was fluffy I kinda saw what he was saying. But, this post is really what freaked me out with them. He directly sheeped the reads I was having at the time which makes them seem disingenuous. Along with the fact that he had all the opportunity to give a read about norfolk but waited until others explained their read of him. With his read on whemestar, I think he was jumping the gun in calling it an act. All he had said at that point was "shoot me" and some nullish things. While saying that you want to be shot is LAMISTy, I don't see how you can come to the conclusion that it is an act based just on that. How Duchess so quickly jumped on that looked very scummy to me. And the way he has focused on Whemestar makes it seem like they are diverting attention away from Norfolk. This association might be a reach, but it feels strange to me anyway.

Duchess + Norfolk is my best guess right now, not supremely confident in that, but yeah. Duchess being the scummier of the two imo.

VOTE: Duchess
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:25 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

For Imperium:
Not familiar with it.

That said, the voice you should be reading my posts in is the stereotypical cyberpunk decker voice. You know the type. Cool hacker dude lit only by the light of his computer screen which is projecting the image in exactly the way computer screens do not do, grumbling with a voice that has met a million packs of cigarettes: "I'm in."

Except not a dude. Definitely still gruff from smoking four people's worth of cigarettes, though.

For RLotus:
I haven't seen anyone but you and Wheme talk about Duchess posting fluff. I'm seeing the opposite there. You'll need to explain how it's fluffy.

Also, it's not even ten pages and 48 hours in and you're making associative reads? PUBLIC associative reads, no less? I'm also gonna need you to explain /that/ for me.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:44 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 160, Norfolk Boy1 wrote:I'm not digging ScrewTheTells jumping in and claiming it's suspicious that i'm not posting when it's Sunday night in the UK.

Anyone suggesting a committee or that votes should decide the shot is a scum candidate for me.

The only confirmed town is Netflix, so Netflix should decide.
Another bad Norfolk post
They're basically saying don't scumhunt, it's netflix's job.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:49 am

shoot sircakez imo
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:54 am

Post by RLotus »

In post 169, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:I haven't seen anyone but you and Wheme talk about Duchess posting fluff. I'm seeing the opposite there. You'll need to explain how it's fluffy.
I'm mainly referring to their first post about how everyone should vote. It looks meant to appear as if they are invested in the game without actually committing to any reads. In hindsight it looks even worse given that he supposedly reads norfolk scummy yet didn't bother giving a read on him even though every post that norfolk made between the start of the game and when Duchess called him scummy were posted before Duchess' "fluffy" post.
In post 169, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Also, it's not even ten pages and 48 hours in and you're making associative reads? PUBLIC associative reads, no less? I'm also gonna need you to explain /that/ for me.
Well, it mainly comes from a general vibe I'm getting about the gamestate. It seems to me that several people are pushing onto Norfolk and naturally scum are trying to push into a different direction. Duchess' seemingly disingenuous push onto Wheme fits the bill. Again, I can very well be wrong, it's a preliminary read. But, there does seem to be something strange going on in that area.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:57 am

Imperium too.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:59 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 171, Albert B. Rampage wrote:shoot sircakez imo
Glad we can resume our normal hostilities so quickly.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Completed Open Games”