alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:22 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

No just a typo mistake on my part. Reread = read. A random mishap. Your vote comes to me as opportunistic. Your comment on "reread" seems to be digging for too much. Your town in your post reads like BM had alot of votes which isn't the case, which to me is trying to make your vote seem more valid.

Now that the "read" is done, my comments:
-I do not find Reclusion scummy for her question on Battle Mage, and I think BM overreacted a bit.
-Not much happened so I don't know what the fuss is about my random vote.
Is back.
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

EBWOP: Killa 7 is a chronic lurker, so I'm not for the lurker wagon.
Is back.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by Jebus »

Lurkers bore me. And even worse, when there's so little to say that I'm reduced to lurking, that is just terrible.

@alvinz95 - Are you by chance playing in another game right now as well as this one?
@the random vote bit, people seem to think random votes are dumb after the first few pages, I don't quite get that >.<
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

@-Jebus

Yes.
Is back.
Reclusion
Reclusion
Goon
Reclusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by Reclusion »

alvinz95 wrote:No just a typo mistake on my part. Reread = read. A random mishap. Your vote comes to me as opportunistic. Your comment on "reread" seems to be digging for too much. Your town in your post reads like BM had alot of votes which isn't the case, which to me is trying to make your vote seem more valid.
When the game is this fresh, there's not going to be a whole lot of validity behind any vote actually. Votes can be used for multiple purposes; I won't reveal the purpose of this current vote but there it is at the moment.

I wouldn't call my comment about your "reread" digging for too much.
Someone
has to take the responsibility for attempting to make mountains out of molehills to drive the discussion forward to something more meaningful and more productive towards finding scum. As for the tone of my post reading like BM had a lot of votes: I didn't really mean to come off that way. I was mentioning it to see how closely you actually had been following along with the thread to judge for the sincerity of your statements following your BM vote.
[ooc][i][color=red]Blue.[/color][/i][/ooc] [ooc][b][color=blue]Green.[/color][/b][/ooc] [ooc][u][color=green]Red.[/color][/u][/ooc]
chazworthington
chazworthington
Goon
chazworthington
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:44 am

Post by chazworthington »

I tend to think that people like BM and killa seven are seen as easy targets for scum on D1. And that extends to all lurkers. I'm a bit suspicious of Yaw at the moment for that fact.

Along those thoughts, both Battle Mage and iamuser put in votes for k7 that got him to L-3 within a 20 minute time period. Both those feel opportunistic.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:39 am

Post by Xtoxm »

On page 1? I don't believe anyone could really believe a wagon on page one is liekly to lead to a lynch.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:51 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

Xtoxm wrote:
Games that start out slow tend to be painfull
Mm, yeh.

Maybe MK can pull this off... :P
Of course I can pull this of. Look at K7. After our talk he entered.

BM after joining (did you want also want to play with me and xtoxm?) you start with a possible OMGUS vote. Anything to add to it?

Alvinz, why didn't you read yet. You hadn't read yet, while Jebus has done already a reread. This deserves a
unvote

Jebus, join in with us (K7 and possibly BM joined me and Xtoxm already) to get this game going. What did you think of the word exchange between BM and Reclusion? What do you think of Alvinz attitude towards this game?

@Chaz WTH?
Why are you already talking about easy targets, while the day has just started. Besides why do you see BM as an 'easy target'? And those votes against K7 where to me mostly because he lurks in most of his games. However I wasn't in those games and thanks to me his attitude will change. Have faith :).
Also you mention BM as both an 'easy target' and as opportunistic. Could you explain your thoughts about BM?
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:30 am

Post by Yaw »

No. Killa seven entered after I got the mod to poke him.

Chaz -- I decided before playing this game that I wanted to try to promote a meta in which lurking got punished. First of all, because lurking is inherently a scummy action (it reduces the amount of information on that person in thread, making it harder to catch them by their actions). Second, because there's been far too much lurking and replacing lately, which I believe bogs games down and makes them go longer. So a meta in which people aren't allowed to lurk is a beneficial meta.

Besides, if scum is going to win, I'd rather they have to put in an effort to do so.
Success breeds suspicion
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:28 am

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

Yeah, that's how it used to be. I remember getting voted for lurking when I was still new to the game. Then I'd either squeak by as town or get lynched as scum, which is why I'm also for the "Post or Perish" state of mind, even though I myself usually have trouble with posting.
Who the hell is "General Failure", and why is he reading my hard drive?
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:04 am

Post by Yaw »

Netman seems to need more encouragement to post. Hop on, everyone!
Success breeds suspicion
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by Jebus »

@MK - alvinz seemed to be sweating in his post at the top of this page, but that's not really worthy of a vote in my eyes.

A semi-educated guess as to this games mafia would be BM, Reclusion, and Yaw, though I doubt that'd really lead to much. I'm not exactly sure alvinz strikes me as maf, but meh, it's too early to tell.

@Netman - I have a cattle prod, pointed in your general direction. Post please >:O
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

3rd Vote Count

alvinz95-4(Mr_Gnome_It_All,hascow,Battle Mage,Reclusion)

Killa Seven-2(Xtoxm,iamausername)
Reclusion-2(Jebus,Netman)
Battle Mage-1(alvinz95)
iamausername-1(chazworthington)
Netman-1(Yaw)
With 14 Alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Reclusion
Reclusion
Goon
Reclusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by Reclusion »

Jebus wrote:A semi-educated guess as to this games mafia would be BM, Reclusion, and Yaw, though I doubt that'd really lead to much. I'm not exactly sure alvinz strikes me as maf, but meh, it's too early to tell.
Can you elaborate on this a bit further please?
[ooc][i][color=red]Blue.[/color][/i][/ooc] [ooc][b][color=blue]Green.[/color][/b][/ooc] [ooc][u][color=green]Red.[/color][/u][/ooc]
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by Jebus »

Which part?

BM just strikes me as a mobster, you seem a little anxious, and Yaw a little rambunctious. Why I'm not sure alvinz is mafia-ish, is because he seems like a nervous townie.

Again, it's too early to tell, a sample of only a few posts is useless -.-
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by Yaw »

My sig appears to be wrong. Apparently it's
activity
that breeds suspicion.
Success breeds suspicion
Reclusion
Reclusion
Goon
Reclusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by Reclusion »

Jebus wrote:Which part?

BM just strikes me as a mobster, you seem a little anxious, and Yaw a little rambunctious. Why I'm not sure alvinz is mafia-ish, is because he seems like a nervous townie.

That's fine. I just wanted to get a feel for what types of tells you were using this early on to generate your reads.

Question: How do you know how many scum we're dealing with here? How do you know we're not dealing with multiple scum groups?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I don't think multiple scum groups are allowed in Normal games? At any rate, for a game this size, 3 scum is what i'd expect. Maybe an SK too.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

Jebus wrote:@MK - alvinz seemed to be sweating in his post at the top of this page, but that's not really worthy of a vote in my eyes.

A semi-educated guess as to this games mafia would be BM, Reclusion, and Yaw, though I doubt that'd really lead to much. I'm not exactly sure alvinz strikes me as maf, but meh, it's too early to tell.

@Netman - I have a cattle prod, pointed in your general direction. Post please >:O
Really? I felt the tone was pretty calm.
Is back.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by Yaw »

Xtoxm wrote:I don't think multiple scum groups are allowed in Normal games? At any rate, for a game this size, 3 scum is what i'd expect. Maybe an SK too.
Why are you answering questions intended for Jebus with demonstrably false information? (Of course multiple scum groups are allowed in normals. It's happened many times before.)
FOS: Xtoxm
Success breeds suspicion
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:37 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Ok, well i've never heard of it, and it doesn't sound very Normal to me.

And I didn't answer for Jebus, she is still fully capable of answerinf herself. I didn't say "Jebus said it because [this]", I just gave my opinion.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Reclusion wrote:
Jebus wrote:Which part?

That's fine. I just wanted to get a feel for what types of tells you were using this early on to generate your reads.

Question: How do you know how many scum we're dealing with here? How do you know we're not dealing with multiple scum groups?
Could you explain where you see that post as saying Jebus knows how many scum there are?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Reclusion
Reclusion
Goon
Reclusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by Reclusion »

hasdgfas wrote:Could you explain where you see that post as saying Jebus knows how many scum there are?
Sure. Jebus's first post mentioning her thoughts about the scum team:
Jebus, in 111, wrote:A semi-educated guess as to this games mafia would be BM, Reclusion, and Yaw, though I doubt that'd really lead to much.
The above quote implies a three-person scum team.

@Xtoxm:
I probably would have preferred if Jebus answered the question before you responded to it as well. By answering before she got a chance to, you pretty much eliminated any possibility of gaining some potentially telling information from her response.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:22 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Actually, come to think of it, I have done this before, and had someone get annoyed at me. Sorry. Wasn't trying to answer for Jebus, lol.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Went back and checked my game where someone attacked me for answering for someone else, cause I had the feeling it was scum...But it was actually a townie. Probably not much we can get from that but just something I thought worth mentioning.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”