MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3125 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:15 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3087, Guillotina wrote:
Bell if this a gambit and you made me claim my role you just threw the game!!! Im a dead guy!
This is 99.9999999999% scum. When I pissed them off as a mason they didn’t do this. They gave a read wall of a billion words I don’t frankly remember most of of how I had to be scum because I scumread them for attacking me and my mason buddy.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3126 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:18 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i agree math
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3127 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:18 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3094, Bell wrote:ngl, I can see myself fucking up here @Dunnstral.
I thought I was being fairly through, but, nope. There's still more to learn.

Behaviorally, there are some warning flags here. Which compensates some, but I could still see there just being some confusion and me not looking for the right information.

Anyway, good night. Sorry for agitating you guilotina.
In post 3095, Bell wrote:
In post 3093, Guillotina wrote:So? what does that mean?
It means if you're blocked that ability takes precedence over your own action and so you do nothing and go nowhere pretty much.
....Investigations come after that in NAR Bell.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... Resolution

Shiny link. Investigations always come last.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3128 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:20 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3100, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 3094, Bell wrote:ngl, I can see myself fucking up here @Dunnstral.
I thought I was being fairly through, but, nope. There's still more to learn.

Behaviorally, there are some warning flags here. Which compensates some, but I could still see there just being some confusion and me not looking for the right information.

Anyway, good night. Sorry for agitating you guilotina.
There's potential for Guillotina to be misunderstand what happened to them

I think it's weird that they are told that their action is failing
It’s crap spewed to try to stay alive Dunn. Why are you assuming they are telling the truth?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3129 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:22 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 3120, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3031, Bell wrote:Agree, but I guess it's a one shot because nobody else claimed they were poisoned earlier.
It’s either this or Bell is lying (0.000002%) chance of that. Pretty much just locking Bell town here because I don’t think poison is ever fake claimed.
maybe, but at the start of day Bell was the obvious elim choice, so I can see them trying something like that to buy an extra day. only really works if they can guarantee a mislim though...which is where the guilty on Guillotina comes in.

I think Guillotina is more likely based on their reaction and I think that has to be the play, but Bell-scum works here too.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3130 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:23 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3102, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 3022, MathBlade wrote:Hey everyone! Haven’t had a chance to read yet but wanted a challenge to not hyperpost so much.

So I can get into the game quickly I would love it if everyone could point out 1-3 things they feel I should look at and “the thread” or “all of it” or “the vote counts” are not acceptable answers. I want something you think is alignment indicative. Going to skim VCAs ask questions for a bit but it’s getting late here and may not be on much longer.
The whole thread please
In post 3023, MathBlade wrote:Dunnstral you were on Battle Mage for a while then not since: What changed?
Battle Mage and Firebringer according to the vote history (assuming it’s based in order) you moved your vote off then back on Oil Tycoons why?
Bell and Guillotina you seem to have a vote not present and not voting during my skim. Did you notice? G in the 639 votecount and bell in 2504.
Superbowl9 mastina’s vote was on you. Why?
KookieMonster Why are you still alive? The Johnny head is a top tier scum hunter iirc. Why are you not dead?

Going to bed now but this hopefully will jumpstart my reading in the AM.
I get tunneled early in literally every game until I obvtown by D2. I was V/LA almost the entire time they tunneled me too :lol:
Don’t think I didn’t notice those who didn’t answer or were smart asses. I plan on sitting down late tonight with a bowl of ice cream and reading this game but I don’t believe in obvTown til I see it for myself. Then again it does seem that there was a Titus Mastina battle fight something in the VCs/events. Worth looking into.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3131 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:24 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 3126, Battle Mage wrote:i agree math
just to be clear that was in reference to 3125, not any of your posts on the preceding page, which i have now read.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3132 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:24 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3106, superbowl9 wrote:So Flavor and I were right with our solve then - Oil/Flea/Guillo
Will definitely see about viability of this in my read tonight.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3133 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 3132, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3106, superbowl9 wrote:So Flavor and I were right with our solve then - Oil/Flea/Guillo
Will definitely see about viability of this in my read tonight.
to save you a bit of time, this already can't be right as Oil flipped 3p (unless you believe like superbowl there is a faction of 3ps)
Show

Nightkilled - 10

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3134 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:27 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3107, Battle Mage wrote:ok so initial thoughts.

Looks like Flea is scum, and possibly responsible for Finral leaving the game.
If Flea is scum, suggests Bell is also scum for fakeclaiming an inno on them (which would make sense, to stall for time if Flea had a powerful scum PR)

Hate the claim shenanigans today. If Bell is dying at end of dayphase, why so apologetic over the guilty on Guillotina? but i guess it fits with the tone in this game.

But moreso, looks like TMI from Guillotina - quickly jumped from "Bell is lying" to being mad they are bad town. Also I wasn't really sold on the claim.

Hey Bell, when are you supposed to die? Will it be proven before we pick an elim?

Separately, I have zero interest in 3p spec today.

I guess sensible play is to elim Guillotina today, and if Bell doesn't die today, insta-elim them tomorrow regardless of the Guillo-flip.
*nods* no reason to elim a likely dead guy and if he’s not dead then he is tomorrow.
I like this plan. The apologetic may just be Bell’s nature. I don’t think I have seen him as a PR.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3135 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:29 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3109, Battle Mage wrote:Guillotina-scum, definitely makes me think Dunnstral-scum too
I think there will be time for flips/associations once we see how the rest of this day goes and once I have read. Making a note to check this out too when I read.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3136 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3110, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 3107, Battle Mage wrote:Looks like Flea is scum, and possibly responsible for Finral leaving the game.
Also no, flea isn't scum because they're not in a pt.
This is not 100% always true.
There could be A) Traitor
Or B) Messaging system. (I have been scum in a game where scum didn’t have a PT it was designed to act like a god father)

It’s most likely probably around 80% Flea is not scum but I wouldn’t put it at 100.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3137 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:32 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3113, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 3033, Bell wrote:Since it was a 1 shot ability I feel pretty comfortable sharing that my ability was one that checked for the presence of a neighborhood.
Neither tested positive it could only be done during the elimination phase on two players.

I figured it was a good idea to check because I wasn't sure how that was going to go.

Should we be mass claiming?
or one more day phase?
I think mass claiming shouldn’t be done on a day where there is an obvious elim. That just tells scum who to kill.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3138 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3117, Battle Mage wrote:nope, Bell and Guillo could both be scum here
This problem takes care of itself.
Either A) Bell dies at the end of the day and flips their alignment
Or B) Bell doesn’t die and therefore has scumclaimed and we elim Bell.

So Bell scum is literally not a world I am considering.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3139 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:37 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 3138, MathBlade wrote:

It does take care of itself but I am damn sure taking the credit if it's right (as like the only person scumreading Bell) :lol:

So I think what you mean is, Bell might be scum, but it doesn't factor into a decision today?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3140 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 3136, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3110, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 3107, Battle Mage wrote:Looks like Flea is scum, and possibly responsible for Finral leaving the game.
Also no, flea isn't scum because they're not in a pt.
There could be A) Traitor
Mathblade in the house! It didn't take long... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3141 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:38 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3129, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 3031, Bell wrote:Agree, but I guess it's a one shot because nobody else claimed they were poisoned earlier.
It’s either this or Bell is lying (0.000002%) chance of that. Pretty much just locking Bell town here because I don’t think poison is ever fake claimed.
maybe, but at the start of day Bell was the obvious elim choice, so I can see them trying something like that to buy an extra day. only really works if they can guarantee a mislim though...which is where the guilty on Guillotina comes in.

I think Guillotina is more likely based on their reaction and I think that has to be the play, but Bell-scum works here too.
This really doesn’t work though.

Assume your theory is true and Bell is scum and that he was the obvious elim. Assume G is town. Bell succeeds in miselimming G. He then is back on the chopping block for the same reasons and not dying. So Bell would have gained nothing as he’s still miselimmed and maybe if there are more scum spewing a buddy or two.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3142 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 3141, MathBlade wrote:

This really doesn’t work though.

Assume your theory is true and Bell is scum and that he was the obvious elim. Assume G is town. Bell succeeds in miselimming G. He then is back on the chopping block for the same reasons and not dying. So Bell would have gained nothing as he’s still miselimmed and maybe if there are more scum spewing a buddy or two.
I can see that logic
Show

Nightkilled - 10

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3143 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:40 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3139, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 3138, MathBlade wrote:

It does take care of itself but I am damn sure taking the credit if it's right (as like the only person scumreading Bell) :lol:

So I think what you mean is, Bell might be scum, but it doesn't factor into a decision today?
Correct. It’s best to focus on problems that don’t resolve themselves in weird mechanics heavy setups like this.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3144 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:15 am

Post by Guillotina »

VOTE: Superbowl

Nice try. Now that im pretty much an IC and my slot will self resolve at night, i can open town.

Bell says Flea is town and I believe Bell, why don't you? What makes you think that there could be two survivor 3ps? If this is what you think, how many scum players do you think there are then? Consider this is a 13 player set up. Why would Flea take Flavor with them?

Let's do this!
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3145 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:29 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 3107, Battle Mage wrote:ok so initial thoughts.

Looks like Flea is scum, and possibly responsible for Finral leaving the game.
If Flea is scum, suggests Bell is also scum for fakeclaiming an inno on them (which would make sense, to stall for time if Flea had a powerful scum PR)

Hate the claim shenanigans today. If Bell is dying at end of dayphase, why so apologetic over the guilty on Guillotina? but i guess it fits with the tone in this game.

But moreso, looks like TMI from Guillotina - quickly jumped from "Bell is lying" to being mad they are bad town. Also I wasn't really sold on the claim.

Hey Bell, when are you supposed to die? Will it be proven before we pick an elim?

Separately, I have zero interest in 3p spec today.

I guess sensible play is to elim Guillotina today
, and if Bell doesn't die today, insta-elim them tomorrow regardless of the Guillo-flip.
TMI? How? I didnt jump from point A to point B, i am mad because Bell's claim made me out my role and if flea is telling the truth that they had doctor powers, im now dead. I legit initially thought he was lying because i assumed i was roleblocked.
Im pissed off because in a way he was selfish, he is gonna die so he might as well take one with him, which i would get totally behind that logic if the target was scum, but im not!

Im opposed to the idea of getting chopped because of bell's miscalculation also look at our numbers, im town, bell game threw but he is most likely town. We are yet to find scum, i'm not liking it.
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3146 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:35 am

Post by Guillotina »

Omg why do i get to play with all the irrational tunnelers in this game. First kookies and Nero now Math. Agh! I gotta get ready for work but i can see a big thunderdome with this guy coming.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3147 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:28 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Nah this is just town bell, and guillotina is caught scum
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3148 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:30 am

Post by superbowl9 »

VOTE: guillotina
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3149 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:41 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3146, Guillotina wrote:Omg why do i get to play with all the irrational tunnelers in this game. First kookies and Nero now Math. Agh! I gotta get ready for work but i can see a big thunderdome with this guy coming.
Lol G knows he is caught here. Already trying to paint me as irrational to get out of this.

Btw G voting was an even stronger scum claim because we don’t know where elo is.

Therefore G probably flips scum and will end up likely awaiting quick hammer from scum for his nom.

VOTE: G

If not then I will be pleasantly surprised to catch up after Shadowrun.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”