Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:06 am

Post by Mirth »

You're "still feeling out [my] reactions" but are saying that I'm definately scum and deserve to die? You keep contradicting yourself.

Since you are making zero sense, I'm going to ask you to do an actual case on me. With a PBPA and everything.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:13 am

Post by farside22 »

Also with someone playing so low under the radar I can see that person as the GF trying to go undetected.
Since I suspected Mirth, SSF or FL. Yes Caboose is cleared as I read newbie pretty well in my mind at least.

unvote:
vote SSF
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:14 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

NOTE: The following post was made over the period of two or three hours, and so chances are, the quotes aren't in chronological order. You're a clever bunch though, you'll work it out.
farside22 wrote:I have seen many people forget about those who fly under the radar.
And this is likely in a five player game?
Caboose wrote:If you're making the argument against FL, why aren't you putting your vote on her?
Because Mirth was still gone and I didn't want to hammer?
Vote: forbiddanlight

Knee-jerk?
Mirth wrote:SSF: why do you think Caboose's first posts merited a lynch and why don't you think so now?
Because the purest scumtells come before everyone has had a chance to settle into the game and react to the play of everyone else.
I don't think so now because his play through the game has, over time, led me to believe that he is sincerely trying to work out who the scum are.
Of course, there's also the possibility that I was right to think the lynch was warranted, that Caboose is scum, and that I've fallen into the very pitfall I was trying to avoid but hey, irony is good, right?
forbiddanlight wrote:bullcrap. You kinda stopped providing ANY content after no one was bothering you
Care to point out any posts in particular that were content-less? Or is "SCUM (Lack of content)" what gets branded onto anyone who is posting less than the everyone else.
<insert cliché "it's not how much you talk it's how much you say" argument>
forbiddanlight wrote:You are pushing me, but not exactly SUUURE...you are pushing Caboose, but aren't exactly suuure. Seems fence sittingish to me
I'm
not
exactly sure. I think the likelihood of you being scum is
high
. I think the likelihood of Caboose being scum was
high
but is now
moderate
. The only person in this game who seems to be sure is you but that doesn't mean anything because you told us you'd act like you were sure even if you weren't.
Mirth wrote:Trying to stop yourself from being a target of what exactly?
I wrote:Let's face it, as town, it's not a particularly scummy thing to say, but it's pretty easy to dress up as a "slip".
That, and other similar malarkey.
Mirth wrote:Your lack of actually playing is starting to really bother me. "Oh I'm scared I'll say something wrong". What do you have to hide them?
Please take your words out of my mouth thank you very much.
At no point did I imply that my posting rate was anything to do being scared of saying something wrong, but I do like how you've connected two completely unrelated issues.
Mirth wrote:And where did you get 3/4 from exactly?
You.
Mirth wrote:We should not discuss the vig kill until we all commit to a lynch (that is 4 of the 5 of us agree on who needs to die)
2 voters + 1 expressing an intent to vote = 3 people agreed on who needs to die.

Let me finish up with a short defence of the main point against me:
I'm not entirely sure why people seem to think that my posting rate makes me scummy because Flea-scum would have nothing to gain from it. Slipping under the radar is out because it's a four player game and it's inherently obvious that everyone would notice (which they did), dodging questions is out because I've answered the questions that've been thrown my way (if somewhat awkwardly and disjointedly) and not providing new talking points is out because I've pointed out plenty of things that you lot missed. I'm failing to see a valid incentive for me to be acting the way I'm acting as scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:49 am

Post by farside22 »

Slipping under the radar is out because it's a four player game and it's inherently obvious that everyone would notice (which they did),
I was the first one to notice and put more pressure about it. Also in a 5 player game where scum have to be concerned with being shot on day 1 from a town lynch I absolutely can see scum playing under the radar from being the one to be shot.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:07 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Am I dead? Was that hammahtime!?

Alrighty, so, which of you lucky punks wants to die today? I'm really leaning Mirth as I said, but then again...SSF might not be a bad choice.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:09 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh hell. You all suck. I thought I was dead but I'm nowhere near. I could have SWORN I was still at L-1 :S...Damn.

Well, alright, I guess I'll respond to things then.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:12 am

Post by farside22 »

forbiddanlight wrote:Am I dead? Was that hammahtime!?

Alrighty, so, which of you lucky punks wants to die today? I'm really leaning Mirth as I said, but then again...SSF might not be a bad choice.
After all that discussion there is only 1 vote on you currently.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:12 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

You're "still feeling out [my] reactions" but are saying that I'm definately scum and deserve to die? You keep contradicting yourself.
Not a contradiction at all. I'm feeling your reactions to my certainty. You really are pushing the lamest points you can, aren't you?

It's stuff like this that makes me feel more like you are trying to paint me scum no matter what I say rather than actually scum hunt.
Care to point out any posts in particular that were content-less? Or is "SCUM (Lack of content)" what gets branded onto anyone who is posting less than the everyone else.
I'll look for it while I'm assailing mirth...eventually. I hate doing PBPAs. But I'll try. I'd rather get the other one I have to do in another game out of the way first.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:13 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Yeah, I rechecked to make sure I didn't make a fool of myself PMing a target to the mod while not dead. I kinda assumed I had been hammered by SSF when I read the context of the post.
-StrangerCoug

Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:31 am

Post by Mirth »

Farside: I oppose clearing newbies on the basis that they're new. They could still be either town or scum just like anyone else. I'm leaning no-read to slightly scummy on Caboose.

SSF: You don't post because you're afraid I might twist your posts into a slipup. I think my paraphrase was fair.

And when I asked where you got the 3 out of 4 from, I meant who were the 3? I know for a fact that while I think she's likely scum, I'm no where near ready to vote her to lynch yet.

As for nonparticipating, I don't mean your number of posts (this is a non issue to me I don't think lurking is a scum tell), it's that most of your posts don't actually say anything.

FL: how am I pushing lame points when you are clearly and repeatedly contradicting yourself? You say I'm scum and deserve to die and then you say you're feeling out my reactions, which means you can't be sure. If you were sure, then there wouldn't be any reason to feel anything out.

As for assailing you, am I shouting "lynch FL right this instant she is obvscum"? No. I'm asking you to make some sense and actually provide some reason to why I must be scum besides "she's aggressive."
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:32 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

FL: how am I pushing lame points when you are clearly and repeatedly contradicting yourself?
Because I'm not. Trying to paint it that way is scummy when I've explained why it's not contradictory.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:33 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

EBWOP: I also said I was assailing you, not the other way around.
-StrangerCoug

Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:34 am

Post by Mirth »

forbiddanlight wrote:

FL: how am I pushing lame points when you are clearly and repeatedly contradicting yourself?
Because I'm not. Trying to paint it that way is scummy when I've explained why it's not contradictory.
How is it not contradictory. I'm defscum but you still need to think about it? Please explain this to me. In small words. Like I'm a developmentally challenged child who doesn't really understand english
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:36 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

How is it not contradictory. I'm defscum but you still need to think about it? Please explain this to me. In small words. Like I'm a developmentally challenged child who doesn't really understand english
As I explained already, I'm using certainty to gauge your reactions, but I've probably blown that to hell by mentioning it. By saying you are def scum you react in a different way.
-StrangerCoug

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:49 am

Post by farside22 »

Farside: I oppose clearing newbies on the basis that they're new. They could still be either town or scum just like anyone else. I'm leaning no-read to slightly scummy on Caboose.
That's not what I mean. There are newb scum tell and newb town tells. My newb senses of reading caboose reads newb town.
However I don't like his reason's for unvoting FL, but it still does come across as scummy.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Caboose »

SSF wrote:
farside22 wrote:I have seen many people forget about those who fly under the radar.
Caboose wrote:If you're making the argument against FL, why aren't you putting your vote on her?

Knee-jerk?
That's a knee-jerk if I ever saw one.
SSF wrote:And this is likely in a five player game?
You did lurk with a pretty good degree of success in the first 5 pages, so yes.

Vote
still
stands.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by farside22 »

Caboose wrote:

Vote
still
stands.
Wow somone just grew a backbone. Where have you been this game Caboose?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh...I just realized that SSF is at L-1. I really want to hammer him. I've also established I found him scummy. Um...well, I won't hammer yet because I think people are waiting on something, but I would like to reserve the hammer, k?
-StrangerCoug

Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Caboose »

farside22 wrote:
Caboose wrote:

Vote
still
stands.
Wow somone just grew a backbone. Where have you been this game Caboose?
You mean that window between August 24 and early in September when I disappeared from MafiaScum? My computer didn't like this site for some reason and I couldn't log on, which annoyed me.

I left it alone for about a week, and then I tried logging on again and it worked. Don't know how that happened. :?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by Mirth »

FL I am waiting on you to a) answer my question (this is getting circular as you are answering with half of my question) b) explain to me in small clear words why SSF is all of a sudden a better lynch than I am and c)why you think I'm scum in PBPA form.

I'm going to collapse now. usually check all my games at once but its been a 13 or so hour day and i cant function. brains taste like grapefruit, i would assume. weeeeee.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:56 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Mirth wrote:SSF: You don't post because you're afraid I might twist your posts into a slipup. I think my paraphrase was fair.
Not really since what I said related
specifically
to the topic of forbiddanlight. You haven't paraphrased, you've generalized.
Mirth wrote:And when I asked where you got the 3 out of 4 from, I meant who were the 3? I know for a fact that while I think she's likely scum, I'm no where near ready to vote her to lynch yet.
The two people voting FL (farside and Caboose) plus me. That's three.
Caboose wrote:
SSF wrote:

Knee-jerk?
That's a knee-jerk if I ever saw one.
Well of course it is. You posted, I realised you had unvoted, so I voted. It's a fairly simple process.
forbiddanlight wrote:

Yeah, I rechecked to make sure I didn't make a fool of myself
PMing
a target to the mod while not dead.
Surye wrote:
Townie wrote:You are a townie. You have no special powers. Just a vote. But you do have a vengeful nature, and a gun to match. If the town lynches you, wield that gun, and
Kill: Player
, and they're toast. However, this only works on day 1, after day 1, the town wises up and takes the guns in favor of votes only.
You win when the Godfather is lynched, or there are no more scum.
You really don't know how being a Townie works, do you?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:29 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

You really don't know how being a Townie works, do you?
More like I don't know how to read a role PM. This is getting comical how scummy my inattentiveness is making me.
a) answer my question (this is getting circular as you are answering with half of my question) b) explain to me in small clear words why SSF is all of a sudden a better lynch than I am and c)why you think I'm scum in PBPA form.
What question? I answered it. Second, how about SSF is more likely to be lynched then? In addition to his lurking and evasion. And I hate doing PBPAs. I think I'll decline that last one.
-StrangerCoug

Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by Caboose »

Well of course it is. You posted, I realised you had unvoted, so I voted. It's a fairly simple process.
Did you vote for FL because I called you down on it, or you just happened to see that I unvoted after you read my post?

And I think that "I already answered that question" is an invalid answer to
any question
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:15 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

And I think that "I already answered that question" is an invalid answer to any question.
Nyeh, well, if people are going to ask someone to answer a question without restating the question, I see no need to restate my answer. Quit being lazy people. Demonstrate my failure to answer or stop asking. Because I honestly am lost on what Mirth is looking for.
-StrangerCoug

Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by Caboose »

forbiddanlight wrote:

And I think that "I already answered that question" is an invalid answer to any question.
Nyeh, well, if people are going to ask someone to answer a question without restating the question, I see no need to restate my answer. Quit being lazy people. Demonstrate my failure to answer or stop asking. Because I honestly am lost on what Mirth is looking for.
Every question I ask, I ask for a reason. I'm not asking people questions just for the hell of it.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”