Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by Zaiden »

I just realised Cheetory's profile pic is Claire from Baccano. Unless I got that wrong. Should be the same artist. The familiarity had been bugging me for a while.
Noticed Morning Tweet posted this banger. Love Kiznaiver's OP theme. I thought Kiznaiver had some really good ideas going on behind it, and the classic Trigger animation/energy to go with it. But I wasn't entirely convinced by the execution in the end. Think Trigger should stick with their high octane action flicks instead of delving into Mari Okada style love dodecahedron stories.

Re: PrivateI

Think PrivateI's analysis is definitely way beyond surface level. Goes deep and they've really given clear thoughts to the game. You've also commented on your analysis into Zaiden vs Cheetory and Pink Ball vs Spring Breeze interactions, which I think have been the high profile ones in this game so far. And you're offering unique perspectives that don't just come down to following a consensus. Your thought progressions are mostly clear, though there are some leaps in logic where I believe you attempted to infer things to try and close some gaps? Some of them I follow, some I don't. At least none of those leaps compare to Jake allegedly town-leaning Nora in 294 for saying 'PEACHES ARE SUPERIOR' as PrivateI quite correctly points out as being confusing. For now I'm upgrading from null to town-lean because even on the points I don't entirely agree with, I can see where they're trying to come from.

From my perspective Nora defending me when I was getting wagon'd and being emotionally re-assuring felt quite genuine. Not that it's alignment indicative per se. But I don't think it was 'fake'. Or maybe I want to pretend it's real because I'd honestly be pretty heartbroken if it was all a ruse. Nora seemed nice enough. I thought I'd weigh in with some insight on those sets of interactions because it directly involved me.

Some questions.

Why are third votes on a wagon bad? I was under the impression you eventually want to third vote to generate pressure on someone and get people talking. If third votes are an inevitable progression from RVS why are they frowned upon? (I guess this can also be more of a general question)

Is random chaotic bad? From my experience with people who behave chaotic/random in real life, it's more like you can't be sure of your guess. Sometimes they could be town? Sometimes they could be scum. Although I believe people here have played games with Nora and would be better informed on reading them. But I don't think it means they're certified scum. Although I'll feel really stupid if they've actually run me in circles. (I guess this is also more of a general question)

What about Spring Breeze qualifies as a townlean when the general consensus seems to be that they're not pulling their weight in this game? You even said yourself 191 reads bad, then you agree with their Cakez read. But surely that balances out to a null? What do you make of SpringBreeze's recent set of reads?

Also if you agree with Spring Breeze's argument in the 191 post, any idea what you felt the ping could have been? Or is that something you don't know and are speculating this is how scum!Cakez operates? For now I will be speculating that it's because you said you scumlean PinkBall. So do you rationalise PinkBall's push onto Spring Breeze as scum trying to pressure an wagon onto your townlean? Also, do you think they have some legitimate points about Spring Breeze's contributions so far in this game? From my perspective, I do think the push was quite non-committal but I thought Pink Ball raised some good points and decided to follow it up. Barring exceptional developments, I plan on voting Spring Breeze if they don't get back to me sometime soon.
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by Zaiden »

I also think I've been doing some stuff wrong. To better understand Pooky/Spring Breeze/Nora, I think I'll have to give soulreading/mind melding a go as well to try and figure out where they come from.

Any volunteers want to soul read/mind meld with me?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1810, SirCakez wrote:I'm glad we both saw this
glad how? you were afraid nobody else would notice it?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by SirCakez »

I have quite clearly expressed scumreads on jingle, gyp, ss, Pooky
Also noraa earlier but I'm back to null with her
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1827, Something_Smart wrote:
Glad because if someone else notices the same things you do it means you aren't just seeing things you're on the right track
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 1824, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1823, MURDERSUNNY wrote:
In post 1803, SirCakez wrote:Murder is the meta your whole case on me or is there something else?
You don't have any real SRs from my POV
Did you read my readslist
Your reads are either imaginary, or too complex for Murdersun.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1488, SirCakez wrote:y'all get to see something rare. a sircakez readslist!

town - pink ball, morning tweet, spf
nulltown - spring breeze, jake, midwaybear
null - murdersunny, spring breeze, gamma
???/halp me/ever so slightly edging on scum - noraa, cheet, zaiden
nullscum - pooky, jingle
scum - something_smart, maria, gypyx
Oh yeah and Maria!
I feel like my posts are not being read
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:02 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1827, Something_Smart wrote:
Also - SS keeps asking me these fluffy questions but notice that he can't actually refute my SR on him
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:02 pm

Post by SirCakez »

I am kinda irked that Noraa ignored my olive branch reach out post
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:02 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1806, SirCakez wrote:I wish people would acknowledge my game is evolving
People consistently fail to meta read me due to this
I mean this is quite hypocritical....
My join date is so much younger than yours and my game is evolving even faster because of that yet you seem to feel fine using shitty meta arguments against me
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1833, SirCakez wrote:I am kinda irked that Noraa ignored my olive branch reach out post
I probably missed it.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Noraa please read my posts towards you that I made yesterday
My read on u has changed
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1796, SirCakez wrote:Hi I am alive been busy today I see I'm being wagoned so at least Noraa has to say I'm town now due to her meta of me only being town when I'm wagoned day 1
Nah.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1836, SirCakez wrote:Noraa please read my posts towards you that I made yesterday
My read on u has changed
quote it.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Mainly because I feel your frustration towards constantly being elimmed is real
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:06 pm

In post 1829, SirCakez wrote:Glad because if someone else notices the same things you do it means you aren't just seeing things you're on the right track
I mean, you're on the right track insomuch as your observation is accurate, but it seems pretty objectively true to me. That doesn't mean that it holds any significance, or that it holds the significance you think it does.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:08 pm

In post 1832, SirCakez wrote:Also - SS keeps asking me these fluffy questions but notice that he can't actually refute my SR on him
Did you explain it anywhere? I must have missed that, my bad.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:10 pm

For the record I think every time Cakez has been this annoying he's been town. I haven't played with scum-him in a hot minute, but like, I'm not sure if he would be able to replicate his irritating tunnels on me that accurately.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:12 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1839, SirCakez wrote:Mainly because I feel your frustration towards constantly being elimmed is real
pfft
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:12 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1497, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1495, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1485, SirCakez wrote:S_S is making a lot of nothingburger posts like these
Is this related to your read on me?
Yes ofc
In post 1485, SirCakez wrote:ok S_S is officially in the scum pile thx
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:12 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1480, SirCakez wrote:I am disliking Pooky's entrance here even if you completely separate his wonky push on me
my teammates also think Pink Ball is obvious town btw and I 75% agree
In post 1307, midwaybear wrote:
In post 1276, Gypyx wrote:hey all, sorry for the recent inactivity, i'll be able to catchup soon

no i'm not pulling a Silent Star 3 i swear, got actual life issues lol

pedit : that ain't my scum meta lol
This feels like a town post.
I disagree its null at best
In post 1312, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1025, Noraa wrote:im comfortable calling cake scum at this point. wtf is with all the wagon hopping.
PRAISE JEEBUS
pooky ur gonna go into the scumbin if you sheep this literally proven to be a lie Noraa post
In post 1329, Noraa wrote:Far too many people think a couple games with me is enough to read me but that's incorrect.
Theres two types of people. The type that get it instantly and the type that never get it.
I haven't seen an in between before.
You always think scum!me is town!me.
maybe there's something wrong with the way you're reading me or maybe I'm just giving you a pass for nothing and you're scum here. either way, I don't want to engage you and you shouldn't be trying to sort me day 1 when everyone's calling me scum to begin with.
if you are town here stop with the OMGUS flaily crap and show me some of your town side
actually look for scum instead of repeating "jingle and co dont know how to read me therefore they are scum" over and over
i am literally extending an olive branch here
In post 1370, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I keep reading cakez comments that feel like they r just echoing somebody else in the thread and agreeing with them - it's like he's a mirror and not actually pushing something that he's thinking about.
scum have used this exact logic to push me before
In post 1373, Zaiden wrote:
In post 1223, Noraa wrote:
In post 1195, Zaiden wrote:Hopkirk told me he's less confident about his reads on Morning Tweet and Jake and to defer to Hectic. Hectic liked what Morning's doing in 873 and 904. She knows Murder is good at reading Noraa, and knows Pooky is good at reading Kanna, so the questions are meaningful to him. Hectic reckons based on 656 if Nora is scum, one of the scum would be one of Jake or Jingle because scum tend to be hyper aware of their partner, so she could mistake people commenting on Jake as commenting on Jingle, but it's unlikely she would make the same mistake if Jake is scum and Jingle is town. I understood what he meant about being hyper aware but I didn't get how that affects the likelihood of making mistakes. In this scenario Hectic showed a preference to Jingle being town because 865 and 877 showed he didn't care about rubbing people the wrong way and openly admitted to that, which scum would be more interested in avoiding. I didn't like Jingle's interaction with MWB comparing my wagon with Nora's in 883 and whether that was framed a dichotomy of two choices when I think there should be more options for wagons on the table. Also I'm confused how Jingle came around to a PB townread. They don't explain much here but I assume it's because of PB's support on Nora's wagon? I don't follow the logic of how that led to that particular townread. For Nora's vote on Jingle, I have no idea whether Jingle is a good player and whether they are playing below their standards? Didn't see this was an OMGUS until Cakez pointed that out - but is the OMGUS here alignment indicative for Nora? I wouldn't know but don't get the impression OMGUS would be AI is based on how hard Nora flip flop between their town/scum reads?
OH god wtf is this. Hectic please send help asap if ur buddy Zaidan here is actually town. this paragraph be dumpster fire :/
Hey Nora, Hectic heard your pleas. He has told me something along the line that you're not trying to be too fluffy, sunshine and rainbows early on and its town indicative. He's reluctant to push the idea angry = town for you because he reckon you know that and could fake it although he doesn't really think you're faking it so far in this game. Make of that what you will. But I don't think Hectic's read is really important here because it doesn't sound very logical (because I personally think you have been quite fluffy/sunshine/rainbow in your approach) not to mention what he said hasn't really influenced my thought process. My personal read on you is townie for different reasons which I've given, though you may not be convinced by it becayse I'm trying to work with what I have having played a bunch of social deduction games in real life compared to forum.

For what MWB said about these arguments being weak for Hectic/Hopkirk being my teammates, I did leave out their reads that weren't contextual to the recent convo/developments at the time because my post was already getting bloated. I will look to talk about them over the rest of today. If MWB meant the points I took from them that I raised on an individual by individual basis, that was literally all I have to work with. If this is 'weak' or if people expected more I'm sorry. I'm trying but this is literally what my team has given me, and I've tweaked everything a bit because apparently we're not allowed to directly quote, but I think I've done alright in getting across the original spirit of what Hectic/Hopkirk were intending so that shouldn't be the issue.
Hectic knows Noraa pretty well so I am inclined to listen to hi mhere
this post noraa
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:14 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1822, Jingle wrote:How would it blow up in my face any less than if I just shut up and voted you?
cuz you're not on the wagon and when people were like "ok who was pushing cakez" you won't be the first to come up (well you might be now that I'm bringing this up) it will be people like Murder and Pooky
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:14 pm

Post by SirCakez »

when people are like*
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:14 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 1841, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1832, SirCakez wrote:Also - SS keeps asking me these fluffy questions but notice that he can't actually refute my SR on him
Did you explain it anywhere? I must have missed that, my bad.
Basically you don't have content, you haven't given reads, and PB and Maria said they thought you were susp. All of this is from:
In post 1485, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1387, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1321, Noraa wrote:Currently what I think is that jingle thinks I'm a pr and that's why he's pushing me.
Right, because nothing's easier to mis-exe than a PR.
In post 1388, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1338, Noraa wrote:I think he said to stop crumbing because that's a townie thing to say.
But the fact that he then goes after someone that he apparently thinks crumbed is just weird?
You know, I actually vibe with this reasoning. I would like to see Jingle address this.
In post 1389, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1352, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:why is every post you make a snipey one-liner? :3
Because concision is a virtue.
S_S is making a lot of nothingburger posts like these
where is the content S_S?
In post 1394, Zaiden wrote:^If this style of post is better let me know if I'm doing it right. Some days I feel like I have to mega post and I can't make time for forum throughout the day until the evenings and there's too much content to catch up on, but I will do these sorts of focused quotation posts when I can.
it's better then what you were doing before
In post 1412, MURDERSUNNY wrote:Cake and Maria are scum together

VOTE: Cake
y tho?
In post 1430, Spring Breeze wrote:think i am townleaning morning a bit more strongly. this noraa attack was pretty bold and bold!morning=town!morning to me
I think I agree w/this
In post 1443, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1412, MURDERSUNNY wrote:Cake and Maria are scum together

VOTE: Cake
FLAREON FRIEND ROLLED TOWN REJOICE ~!!!!!
this seems faked
In post 1449, Jingle wrote:Speaking of, could someone boil the case on Zaiden down for me? The only thing I can remember about it without looking back to check is a "He was coached" argument that I thought was inherently silly because I don't see Hectic as the type of person to recruit someone for Team Mafia to be a puppet. Hectic is way more about having a good time with fun people than that, and even if he wasn't I don't think he has the kind of ego to think "My best chances of winning is to be the only one playing." I could maybe see that type of teambuilding coming from RC or Koba, but even with someone that confident in their own skills I think they'd be more likely to recruit people they saw as being on a high level of initial play and also capable of taking direction well.
if Zaiden is indeed scum it is definitely with Jingle I think
In post 1452, MURDERSUNNY wrote:Please vote cake, don't make me come in here and post any reasoning whatsoever cuz I'll do it.
:igmeou:
In post 1455, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 1442, Spring Breeze wrote:
In post 1429, Cheetory6 wrote:I feel like you can ask Spring about things related to your reasoning without casing her in a way that would be a lot more productive than this.
Like, you've already put Spring under a microscope by voting for her and telling her you have a huge case on her.
Wouldn't it have been better to have not said anything about your read to see what happens
or to be pressuring them at this point because they're already going to be being careful?
also yeah, i wasn’t sure how I was supposed to respond to you with this, pink ball, but it’ll be a lot more productive if you could just engage with me. i am town and if you’re town, this would be very beneficial to you !

I don’t believe there’s a reason you can’t reconsider me either
It would be more productive if you focused in the game instead of 1 out of 17 players stating a scumread on you
townpost
In post 1461, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1449, Jingle wrote:Eh. A lot of Zaiden's posts have just made my eyes gloss over and not acknowledging that doesn't lead to him addressing that issue. It doesn't mean that he's wrong or that he's bad or that he's lesser, but it does give him an indication that trying to format his posts differently might lead to more effective communication.
I agree. But despite that, we still owe him the effort of trying to parse what he's saying.
sure but also what are your reads tho?
In post 1476, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 1471, MariaR wrote: Check out S_S for me thanks. I haven't been wrong on this read and I'm pretty sure he's a wolf again
Ah jeez S_S has been a hot topic on our team. xtoxm agrees with you
ok S_S is officially in the scum pile thx

I think my Zaiden townread is slipping.
This is a Parachute.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1845, SirCakez wrote:this post noraa
this post is horrible tho..

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”