Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:15 am

Post by Maduisha »

In post 117, Zulfy wrote:Writing down the scum team and putting it in an envelope
In post 118, Zulfy wrote:Chumbo's in the envelope
Alright, I don't know if this is some start of the day joke, but if you actually have some gut feeling about Chumbo, please do share the reason. I don't like the current pushes out there, so I'd be willing to listen if you think you can sell me a Chumbo wagon.

I did think his drunk-posting was alright, but let's see.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:21 am

Post by Maduisha »

In post 108, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:Some observation
If Nepenthe is town he would be an easy target for scum to try to eliminate. I am not sure if Nepenthe is an awkward town or awkward scum. As both seem possible at the moment
Care to explain why is Nepenthe an "easy target for elimination", according to you? I don't see people hard pushing that wagon right now, so I wonder where else do you see this "weakness."
lenora
lenora
Townie
lenora
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:23 am

Post by lenora »

In post 122, Umlaut wrote:
In post 113, lenora wrote:what posts of mine made you feel that way?
- confused about how to post
- asking where to see the setup
- misunderstanding "bah post"
- how many mafia?

When I lay it out like that it's not really as much as I thought, but it was enough to make me take notice.
okay, I see what you're saying in a vacuum. butttttt my board/(bah?) confusion would've been there regardless of alignment. i tried to submit a post, it said it sent, then i didn't see it - so yeah i can see how as a whole that can look like forced towntells to an outsider, which is why it was important to me to try to try to integrate in the game the best i could and an initial understanding of the setup may have helped. if you can think back to your first time playing on this board, maybe you'd understand a bit better?
lenora
lenora
Townie
lenora
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:24 am

Post by lenora »

In post 124, Maduisha wrote:About Umlaut's paranoia of Lenora's "newbiecard behavior", I think I pointed it out before in this thread already, so I understand where he comes from, but I liked Lenora's responses when I asked her why she joined this game as first game, and her willingness to learn the site's meta, so I don't think it's purposeful instrumentation of newbie posts. I will still be watching her, but I think she's on the townier so far.

Nep and Lenora are the ones giving me the best town vibes right now, with Zulfy and Fuzzy at the bottom of the null pile because I need more posts to work with.
i'm getting townvibes from nep too (you/him were my first reads) which is part of what made dk's push look worse
lenora
lenora
Townie
lenora
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:27 am

Post by lenora »

In post 123, Maduisha wrote:Hello! I'm free from the stuff that had me busy today, and I've caught up with the thread.
In post 100, lenora wrote:
In post 99, ben dover123 wrote:
In post 98, lenora wrote: i saw it as a bit OTT/performative - i'd maybe feel differently if they re-evaluated from it or if I saw the test on nepenthe as useful, but i'm getting the sense that koba is struggling to explain their reads/reasons

VOTE: dkkoba
Well I'm fairly certain that Koba is usually this aggressive and I don't think this relates to "struggling to explain their reads/reasons" in the slightest, it's just how Koba plays the game.
it's not the aggression itself that i find scummy though, it's the explanations.. like townreading Chumbo because he doesn't look like he has information
I want to point out here that when Koba says "Chumbo doesn't seem informed", they probably mean it more like "they don't seem informed about the setup/people's alignments." It's a way to say "I don't think these words come from scum mentality", instead of meaning "having information", in general.
I understand this, but the reasoning/read came after chumbo only made 3 posts, and none of them to me looked like Chumbo was or wasn't informed so I don't get how koba reached that conclusion
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:28 am

Post by Maduisha »

In post 129, lenora wrote:
In post 123, Maduisha wrote:Hello! I'm free from the stuff that had me busy today, and I've caught up with the thread.
In post 98, lenora wrote: i saw it as a bit OTT/performative - i'd maybe feel differently if they re-evaluated from it or if I saw the test on nepenthe as useful, but i'm getting the sense that koba is struggling to explain their reads/reasons

Well I'm fairly certain that Koba is usually this aggressive and I don't think this relates to "struggling to explain their reads/reasons" in the slightest, it's just how Koba plays the game.
it's not the aggression itself that i find scummy though, it's the explanations.. like townreading Chumbo because he doesn't look like he has information
I want to point out here that when Koba says "Chumbo doesn't seem informed", they probably mean it more like "they don't seem informed about the setup/people's alignments." It's a way to say "I don't think these words come from scum mentality", instead of meaning "having information", in general.
I understand this, but the reasoning/read came after chumbo only made 3 posts, and none of them to me looked like Chumbo was or wasn't informed so I don't get how koba reached that conclusion
Hmm, the post you're mentioning in which Chumbo had only posted 3 times is actually Koba saying Chumbo has "town vibes", in post 17. And the post in which they say Chumbo doesn't look informed is post 59, so while some time had transpired from one post to another, it's true it's a bit weird that it was offered as explanation for post 17 in which there wasn't enough material to say that yet.

Koba, can you talk to me about your feels on Chumbo? Zulfy seems to have an opposite opinion to yours, so maybe we can get something interesting out of this.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:40 am

Post by Umlaut »

If you think Chumbo's scum why are you voting Fuzzy? Do you think Fuzzy's scum too?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:28 pm

Post by DkKoba »

lol oops i forgot about this game
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 98, lenora wrote:
In post 97, ben dover123 wrote:
In post 96, lenora wrote:
In post 95, ben dover123 wrote:UNVOTE: Dkkoba
getting town vibes from how far koba is pushing their read on nepenthe.
could you explain this a bit more? i don't really see it. i keep re-reading nepenthe's opening posts to find the self-consciousness, but to me it just looks like nepenthe is considering different peoples strategies vs. how he himself approaches the game and that he's aware of his own weaknesses. dk then jumped to a read/assumption really fast. i'm know my reads will probably be rusty in this game as it's been quite a bit, so it's helpful to me when people can walk through their reasoning in case i'm missing something
Yeah I'm not completely sure on Koba's attack on nepenthe either but I feel like Koba's motivation to be this aggressive with their read on nepenthe is towny. Just trying to get every last reaction and AI material from nepenthe, that's what I see.
i saw it as a bit OTT/performative - i'd maybe feel differently if they re-evaluated from it or if I saw the test on nepenthe as useful, but i'm getting the sense that koba is struggling to explain their reads/reasons

what de fuck
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 115, Zulfy wrote:There's nothing to derp clear cuz there's no derps there
whats a scum pt??
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:32 pm

Post by DkKoba »

im a smart player and can see a player who is bumbling around without info on any other slot from a mile away.

do you think chumbo is scum?
retired
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by ben dover123 »

activity post
In post 86, Maduisha wrote:Aah, I'm kinda excited to see Ben's detective skills in action too. He couldn't do much in the last game we coincided, and everyone there hyped him as town beast, haha.

I can't wait, I have a feeling that this game is gonna be fun.
oh yes when I try to be proactive I can be proactive.
In post 117, Zulfy wrote:Writing down the scum team and putting it in an envelope
What's the point of revealing Chumbo already? Not sure if I'm really a fan of this modified GtH.
In post 120, Chumbo wrote:

As a person who has played his town game, I can confirm he is rather townie as town. I don't know what his scum game is like though. If you want to link a scum game, ben, I'll take a look.
No scumgames on this forum yet :(

I wonder if Umlaut is just town based on his paranoia of lenora here. He really seems to be concerned about lenora and getting burned out from a fake newbie slip. Personally, I think lenora is just town and is doing towny stuff to back up that her confusion isn't some pre-planned newbie slip.

Maduisha giving me some town vibes from her catchup.

Can you share some more thoughts, Koba? Is your read on Chumbo all you have got?

This game is really slow. I think it's time we pump some AI stuff in so that we have stuff to work with before deadline. I'll probably start analyzing stuff in more detail tmrw and we should all start getting into more discussion.
imagine having the userid "ben dover123"
what a userid i respect it a lot
~Alisae
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:01 pm

Post by Zulfy »

In post 125, Maduisha wrote:Alright, I don't know if this is some start of the day joke, but if you actually have some gut feeling about Chumbo, please do share the reason. I don't like the current pushes out there, so I'd be willing to listen if you think you can sell me a Chumbo wagon.

Just seemed like classic lurkscum. Also the drunk-posting, which wouldn't be a factor at the time I Made that post cuz he: wrote it after I posted, was just rapid-fire nothingness replies if you ask me. Never been a fan of those, it's the easiest effort to ape.
no investigation no right to speak
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:04 pm

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

@Ben- Fair. There was not to work with. I figured that most posts were mostly first thoughts and I wanted to see if the accusations were there to get things moving or things that players were willing to push harder. My thoughts were just basic observations that popped out. Things are moving forward and I can start to sort things out.

Zulfy- what about Chumbo specifically that pings you as scum?

Umlaut- Yeah.... my wording kind of bad. I think however my point is fair. which was I needed to sort if your paranoia is real you were feigning.

Maduisha- As I stated it was just first thoughts. Scum like easy targets and since newbie are still adjusting to the new playstyle of a new site ( all mafia sites plays differently) it makes them easy targets. Scum also sometimes like to fish. That is to test the water to see if other players will join in the elimination.A lot of time they do it before voting. On the other hand, I could just be paranoid which for me is very possible.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:10 pm

Post by Zulfy »

In post 131, Umlaut wrote:
If you think Chumbo's scum why are you voting Fuzzy? Do you think Fuzzy's scum too?
hmmmm I don't wanna answer this
In post 134, DkKoba wrote:
In post 115, Zulfy wrote:There's nothing to derp clear cuz there's no derps there
whats a scum pt??
a thread for scum to post in together
In post 135, DkKoba wrote:

im a smart player and can see a player who is bumbling around without info on any other slot from a mile away.

oooh so aggressive. I don't think it's possible to see someone bumble from a mile away when they've only made 3 posts. Why are you asking her her read on Chumbo when the read on Chumbo is irrelevant to the vote on you?
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:11 pm

Post by Zulfy »

In post 138, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:Zulfy- what about Chumbo specifically that pings you as scum?
look at the post above you for my thoughts on the matter. Did you not read that or do you not see it as "specific" enough
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:26 am

Post by Maduisha »

In post 137, Zulfy wrote:
In post 125, Maduisha wrote:Alright, I don't know if this is some start of the day joke, but if you actually have some gut feeling about Chumbo, please do share the reason. I don't like the current pushes out there, so I'd be willing to listen if you think you can sell me a Chumbo wagon.

Just seemed like classic lurkscum. Also the drunk-posting, which wouldn't be a factor at the time I Made that post cuz he: wrote it after I posted, was just rapid-fire nothingness replies if you ask me. Never been a fan of those, it's the easiest effort to ape.
I see. Well, the drunkposting remark from me was because it contributes to my thoughts on him before you could answer my post. I agree he lacked a bit of content before those posts, but being honest, the game is pretty empty so far (and at that point too), and it's hard to make content from nothing. What's your current opinion on Chumbo now that you read his other posts? Do you think it was an effort to stand out or genuine thought process?
In post 138, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:Maduisha- As I stated it was just first thoughts. Scum like easy targets and since newbie are still adjusting to the new playstyle of a new site ( all mafia sites plays differently) it makes them easy targets. Scum also sometimes like to fish. That is to test the water to see if other players will join in the elimination.A lot of time they do it before voting. On the other hand, I could just be paranoid which for me is very possible.
Hm... why did you only bring that up for Nep, then? Lenora was pretty vocal at being a newbie too.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:30 am

Post by Maduisha »

DK didn't answer my question and I'm not sure if on purpose or not. I don't like being ignored, hm...

Well, I'll let it be until Lenora and DK come back.
lenora
lenora
Townie
lenora
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:29 am

Post by lenora »

In post 135, DkKoba wrote:

no - his posts seemed fine, but I don't really have a solid read on him yet. it's more that I don't understand the "bumbling around without info" or what posts from him made you think that. it was how fast you jumped to the read that made me think you knew his alignment for sure rather than actually trying to read him, and that's what I'm trying to figure out
lenora
lenora
Townie
lenora
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:33 am

Post by lenora »

In post 142, Maduisha wrote:DK didn't answer my question and I'm not sure if on purpose or not. I don't like being ignored, hm...

yeah, DK hasn't said anything yet that makes me want to change my vote. I'm still not liking their response to my questioning.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:02 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 142, Maduisha wrote:DK didn't answer my question and I'm not sure if on purpose or not. I don't like being ignored, hm...

What were the questions?
I skimmed when i came back
retired
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:48 am

Post by Chumbo »

In post 137, Zulfy wrote:Just seemed like classic lurkscum. Also the drunk-posting, which wouldn't be a factor at the time I Made that post cuz he: wrote it after I posted, was just rapid-fire nothingness replies if you ask me. Never been a fan of those, it's the easiest effort to ape.
I find it ridiculous to accuse me of lurking a couple hours after you made your first post on page 5.
There hasn't much to reply to right now and I'm not good at getting content going. What have you really added to the game? And why wouldn't you want to explain whether you think Fuzzy is scum?
Cute is just non meat speak for tender. -Ythan
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:15 am

Post by ben dover123 »

Hello, I am awake. Let me read a bit...
imagine having the userid "ben dover123"
what a userid i respect it a lot
~Alisae
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:11 am

Post by Maduisha »

In post 145, DkKoba wrote:

What were the questions?
I skimmed when i came back
Just this one:
In post 130, Maduisha wrote:Koba, can you talk to me about your feels on Chumbo? Zulfy seems to have an opposite opinion to yours, so maybe we can get something interesting out of this.
I was waiting to see if you ignored it on purpose because you wanted an answer from Lenora first for whatever reason, but seems like I was anticipating wrong.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:34 am

Post by DkKoba »

Nah I just didnt see it - chumbo was strong gut. Theres not much to discuss cuz i just think they come off as clueless which implies town
retired

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”