Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:49 am

Post by Axelrod »

I am totally dead.

I was totally the vigilante, and this game is totally over.

I will, however, leave it to the scum as to when they officially feel like declaring victory.

Sorry town.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:02 am

Post by armlx »

Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:13 am

Post by Adel »

I take it you are alive as well?

Who is left? Logic & DGB & Werebear?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:14 am

Post by armlx »

I take it you are alive as well?
That was the joke.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:25 am

Post by Werebear »

I'm dead. I was town. I was also the post cleaner. Just like I said.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:29 am

Post by Werebear »

Just for the hell of it, here's what I suppose to be the list of people alive:

1) DrippingGoofball
2) Coron/Armlx
3) Talitha
6) logicticus
12) Adel

It is day. 5 alive, 3 to lynch. Unless there's 3 mafia, in which case they may reveal and revel.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:02 am

Post by armlx »

Axel, just a question to answer in retrospect once the game is over: why not kill N3?
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:08 am

Post by logicticus »

Im alive.

Somebody else has been opening and closing the thread this last night, and I appreciate it because it was pretty late at night where I am at this last cycle.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:16 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I'm alive.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:40 am

Post by logicticus »

so 5 left?

then i shall declare victory on behalf of the mafia and we can discuss this interesting setup.

i will let my scumbuddies reveal themselves
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:17 am

Post by EmpTyger »

I have some observations of my own for postgame discussion, but I do not wish to preempt what anyone might say. However, I would like to take a moment to separately recognize 3 people who assisted with this endeavor. In particular, they gave their efforts knowing that they wouldn’t received any recognition until months later, after the game’s conclusion.

Father, Son, and Holy Ghost

mith
approved this exceptional game. While the setup probably did not require a backup mod, he nevertheless took on that responsibility as well.

jeep
made this game technically possible, by providing modpowers with a very delicate timing.

Thestatusquo
provided setup review. More than just checking a relatively straightforwad balance, he also served as a devil’s advocate for the roles, pointing out hidden assumptions and potential loopholes in the role wordings.

Without this trinity, this game could not have happened.
Any faults with this game’s design are solely my own oversights.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:23 am

Well. We didn't kill any scum. Sincerest apologies to my town buddies.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:24 am

Who else was town? Just me and Axelrod... ah well, at least I knew Axelrod was town.

I also guess we were too outscummed to be succesful at lynching Werebear.

logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:36 am

Post by logicticus »

The ability to edit ones posts was an interesting concept and while it was discussed in the beginning and people claimed they had their posts editted, the scum decided from the beginning not to take advantage of this, so if there were edits they were not from us.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:15 am

Post by Werebear »

Just tell us who they were, please.

And, no offense, but there is no such thing as balance when there's just vanilla townies and scum. The town was completely blind the whole game. Even if there were only TWO scum, they still would have come out of this without any of theirs being lynched. Three is ridiculous, it's a number I'd expect with investigative roles.

And.... just because you have the ability to do something, and are told it's your job, doesn't mean you HAVE TO DO IT.

DrippingGoofball, I don't understand your statement. I was town. You (supposedly) are town. Why was "lynch werebear" a goal for you? Part of the reason Axelrod, our local vigilante, decided to kill me was because of you. Thus allowing the scum to win.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:02 am

Post by Axelrod »

If not my worst game ever, it's definitely in the top two.

In hindsight, having seen what went on behind the scenes, I can't fault the set-up at all, we lost this one fair and square, and I get to say I lost "most" because I killed two townies all by myself.

Killed Mathcam because he looked suitably scummy, I figured there was no Cop role that would be "clearing" him, and he was a very likely lynch target the next day anyway.

After that, realized that I would only be able to "miss" one more time before the game would be over, so I just held my shot trying to wait until I had the most possible information. Didn't matter. Ended up shooting Werebear last night for mainly the same reasons - if he wasn't scum, he was going to be lynched anyway, and we'd lose anyway.

Bad read on Logiticus early which I never got around to re-visiting. Also never got around to reviewing Adel (though it's hard to imagine I would have suddenly become certain she was scum from that). Every time I made a move towards Coron/Armlx, somthing else came up to distract me. I always think the people who attack me are scum. Character flaw.

Town definitely had some bad luck with Macros (apparently) being a complete idiot, and Glork just not getting himself involved in the game ever.

Seems like the biggest area of concern would be the scum and vig. targeting each other in the Night. What happens if the scum PM me to tell me I am dead
before
I have decided who to shoot at? What do I do then? Come back with "oh yeah, well, you're dead too, ha ha ha." I think not.

I sent in the hit on Werebear very quickly last night specifically to avoid any possible ethical dilemmas if the scum decided to go after me. Basically I was trying to put the dilemma on them - if I do hit a scum and tell him he's dead, does he tell his fellow scum, and/or do they retaliate, or try to just kill the person they think they would have killed anyway assuming they didn't know who the vig. was.

@Werebear: Adel, Logiticus, Armlx were the scum
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:04 am

Post by nonny »

So I was right tally was scum??? (then logic and armlx where her partners?) Wow talk about bussing your partner..

This game in retrospect was amazing(ly annoying). Oh well.....guess this makes me appreciate mods more.

Wow was emptyger actually paying attention the whole time?
*insert bad joke here*
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:13 am

Post by logicticus »

Seems like the biggest area of concern would be the scum and vig. targeting each other in the Night. What happens if the scum PM me to tell me I am dead before I have decided who to shoot at? What do I do then? Come back with "oh yeah, well, you're dead too, ha ha ha." I think not.
This to me was also the biggest issue that the game could have had. If you killed me and we already sent in our kill, then I could have told my buddies who the vig was. However, since this was a "mature" game I think this would not have happened, but it would have been an interesting dilemma nonetheless.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:14 am

Post by Axelrod »

armlx wrote:Axel, just a question to answer in retrospect once the game is over: why not kill N3?
If I "miss" on Night 3 then it's 3-3 town scum on Day 3. Town has lost in this situation.

I mean, in theory, we could No Lynch and then I could hit a Mafia Night 4, and we'd then be 2-2 the following day. And as long as the scum don't NK me (the vigilante) this could, in theory, be repeated each day/night until it's a draw, but the odds of that happening are rather slim.

I decided I'd rather go into Day 3 with a 4-3 town/scum edge, where if we lynch correctly we are guaranteed another day, and even if we mis-lynch I can still salvage things by hitting scum, and I've also got more info to base my decision on. Of course, in this case, more info was bad info.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:17 am

Post by nonny »

logicticus wrote:
Seems like the biggest area of concern would be the scum and vig. targeting each other in the Night. What happens if the scum PM me to tell me I am dead before I have decided who to shoot at? What do I do then? Come back with "oh yeah, well, you're dead too, ha ha ha." I think not.
This to me was also the biggest issue that the game could have had. If you killed me and we already sent in our kill, then I could have told my buddies who the vig was. However, since this was a "mature" game I think this would not have happened, but it would have been an interesting dilemma nonetheless.
Huh did even think of that out of all my speculation.
*insert bad joke here*
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:18 am

Werebear wrote:DrippingGoofball, I don't understand your statement. I was town. You (supposedly) are town. Why was "lynch werebear" a goal for you? Part of the reason Axelrod, our local vigilante, decided to kill me was because of you. Thus allowing the scum to win.
OH YEAH

You were town...

OMG DGB Epic Fail

EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:13 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Winding the Watch

Again, I will be later posting some more subjective posts of my own, but there is no reason to not in the meantime provide the game notes.

MATURE MAFIA
Modnotes

Themes

Minimalism, responsibility, deism.

Balance

3 mafia : 10 vanilla + 1 vigilante
(Mafia must mislynch 3 times. Town must lynch 3 times, margin of error plus/minus vigkills)

Roles and alignments are assigned randomly and independently.

Unusual mechanics

All mod functions after game creation are carried out by the players. All players are given modpowers. (jeep says this can be done.) If a player dies, any function they had goes undone. It will be up to the players to collectively ensure that the game runs smoothly.

The players should be under the impression that they themselves are the dominant and only powers as far as the game is concerned. Any question asked of the mod in-thread will be ignored. (Although one of the other players might address it!) Any question asked of the mod by PM will receive the following reply (depending on gender)
You’re a big boy/girl/kid. You can figure it out.
There won’t be any else to resort to: no co-mod, backup mod, or game reviewer. (If necessary, an arrangement will be with a listmod so that protocol is followed. Anyone who serves in these roles will only receive acknowledgement after the game has ended.)

If the mod were to be forced to intervene in the game, the side which forced the intervention loses. This rule will not be publicized, however, to prevent players from strategizing disruption.

During game signup, players who have a history of disrupting games will be excluded, as well as players whose inexperience might preclude them from being able to understand what responsibilities are expected of them.

It should be acknowledged that this setup is experimental and thus could spectacularly fail.

Alignments

[x3]
You are mafia with X and Y. To kill, one of you PMs a player within 48 hours of the thread being locked (or within 48 hours of receiving your role at the start of the game). Tell them that they are immediately out of the game, and that as soon as the thread is unlocked they must post their role and alignment in-thread.

[x1]
You are a vigilante. To kill, PM a player within 48 hours of the thread being locked (or within 48 hours of receiving your role at the start of the game). Tell them that they are immediately out of the game, and that as soon as the thread is unlocked they must post their role and alignment in-thread.

[x10]
You are a townsperson.

Roles

[x1]
You are a votecounter. Keep a regular tally in-thread of votes and unvotes that have been cast.

[x1]
You are a threadlocker. Lock the thread immediately after a lynched player’s role and alignment are revealed. Unlock the thread as soon as possible 48 hours after you lock it. Also unlock the thread as soon as possible 48 hours after receiving your role at the start of the game. (If you are lynched, don’t lock the thread. If you are nightkilled, unlock the thread one last time.)

[x1]
You are a replacer. If you feel a player is neglecting the game, recruit someone new from out of game to take their place. Find a suitable replacement, then PM the old player. Tell them that they are immediately out of the game, and that they must immediately PM their former role and alignment to whoever the new player you found. Also, PM jeep with the subject “Mature Mafia” and tell him to give modpowers for this game to the new player.

[x1]
You are a prodder. If you feel a player is neglecting the game, prod them by PM.

[x1]
You are a deadliner. If you feel that a deadline is needed, set one by making an announcement in-thread stating when it will be and what will happen then.

[x1]
You are an executioner. PM a player when they receive a majority of votes. Tell them that they are immediately out of the game, and that they must immediately post their former role and alignment in-thread.

[x1]
You are a playerlist-maintainer. Edit the playerlist in the first post so that it is up to date.

[x1]
You are a flavorer. Whenever a player dies, add flavor to their deathpost.

[x1]
You are a postcleaner. Delete any doubleposts, fix any bad tags.

[x5]
You are vanilla.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by armlx »

Axel, if you shot N3, it would have been 7 alive. 4-3.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by Talitha »

Ouch! It hurt to lose this one, but I know I played poorly.

Well done scum.

I knew it was Adel when nonny came up town. Adel, you're a pretty scary player. And I never really suspected armlx, you're rather scary too. Least I was right about logic, but well played to you too, and kudos to your scum partners for never letting a bandwagon on you get rolling, and never appearing to protect you in any way.

That's my quick comment for now, I'm in the middle of my working day... maybe more later.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by nonny »

Okay....I'm confused. Can someone clearly post who is scum?
*insert bad joke here*

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”