TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:51 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

like never eliminate pile is a not an upgrade from town block

ive never heard of a someone offering their own town block to the chopping block
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:52 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

is it townbloc or townblock
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:54 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 1222, the worst wrote:
In post 1217, Xtoxm wrote:scum a typically reluctant to hard tr a slot thats going for them
auro also feels titus recent content is towny
"going for them"? iv has the assertion of a damp napkin. what scum is afraid of townreading him?

can auro expand on that please?
we havent discussed this specific interaction. its my own interpretation. auro said we liked her content on p44 a good amount. i'll see if he expands.
In post 1223, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 1221, Xtoxm wrote:i think it would have been really easy to just not make a comment there, or leave it at 'i havent got there yet'
basically what she did no?
no
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:54 pm

Post by the worst »

they're the same thing, i assumed "never elim" was a language clarification since they didn't mutually townread each other :/
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:55 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

VOTE: xtoxm
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:56 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1227, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 1217, Xtoxm wrote:scum a typically reluctant to hard tr a slot thats going for them
"going for them"? iv has the assertion of a damp napkin. what scum is afraid of townreading him?

we havent discussed this specific interaction. its my own interpretation. auro said we liked her content on p44 a good amount. i'll see if he expands.
i'm only after your read on that interaction, i don't need your team's.

what scum is afraid of townreading IV here? what scum is afraid of doubling down on a townread on a widely townread, unharmful slot here?
more importantly: if you're talking about some scum who is nervous because they're under pressure and going to make conventional plays on what planet is titus that scum?

i don't understand how you've seen this post and made the connection that it's coming from a town mindset? frankly at all, but especially not for the reasons you're suggesting?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:40 am

Post by innocentvillager »

hahahaha ilu too <3

it's accurate especially at this nebulous d1 stage where i don't have scumreads yet i don't take offense

i do agree that the "scum are afraid to hard TR someone 'pushing them'" seems like a bad take though, especially in the context you said where im getting more and more townread and am unconfidently sitting on the wagon. might be slightly +scum for Xtoxm
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:44 am

In post 1209, Xtoxm wrote:@Dann
could i have a summary of your reads on duun, titus, agar, hopkirk, tw, and myself
seems kind of random, what makes you want to know about these people specifically/why dann? he did like ghost this game kinda, is this your way of getting him to post more content or something
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:47 am

In post 1210, the worst wrote:gonna be level with you i don't think scum look scummy this game. i just doubt they look towny.
id love to hear more about this hypothesis. and why is "this game" different from a normal game?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:48 am

In post 1200, innocentvillager wrote:dgb I will update you on Ythan I’ll need to look there again, had him as a townlean for early posting
so I think I was townleaning Ythan pre-212 because of the brashness/tone that he didn't care about his thread presence. I thought the 1v1 with hercule was potentially +town and even the little things like "Morning friends." and just leaving.

Looking at him post-212 he gives a similar vibe. I remember it was almost impossible to figure out what reads/stance town!Ythan had in this one game we played (Open 786) and this isn't the same but still reminiscent of that. OTOH some scum just don't give a fuck about thread presence so im willing to accept this *could* be NAI behavior from Ythan if others know him better. Two reactions stuck out to me:

1) , 734, 738.
-nothing crazy here but this kind of indifference to hercule/stubborness about his own read feels genuine? ("it's my read and what i saw/think, so, whatever, deal with it" -kind of attitude)

2) His scumlean on me is random and not substantiated (, 767, 780, 794, 795, 799)
-essentially he quoted some random post of mine that was weird, then said i along with 2 others gave him "jitters". since he didn't say anything else about it I tried to pin him down on whether or not that post was why he was scumreading me and he basically insinuated that I was misrepping him/"changing it".

Idk, it just feels like a towny mindset that like he has this nebula of thoughts on why I'm scummy then picked out an additional quote from me he thought was weird, and then when asked whether or not that was the reason, he felt like I was asking something really strange. It's possible I've completely misinterpreted this interaction but I'd expect scum!Ythan to realize that my line of questioning is genuine so it's obviously coming from
somewhere
(because he knows im town), then respond in a less "aggressive" (i can't think of a fitting word, maybe light aggression lol) manner

i think, with all this in mind im seeing Ythan as a player who is simply here to have a good time and completely and utterly unconcerned with thread presence/public continuation of thought. he appears to believe what he sees/interprets and gets shows suspicions when others try to challenge the authenticity of his thoughts (hercule, me). im therefore leaning town on ythan, without any real meta knowledge of his scumrange.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:01 am

In post 1179, the worst wrote:she strongly scumread IV at the time but probably agrees with me at this point that he's more likely town (she's anxious about his cutesie/clueless approach to the game because he's proven able to emulate it as scum, but i do think he's pushing himself with reads in a way which he'd struggle with as scum - this is an epic tangent).

while i'm going back i made a note that viewtopic.php?p=12522178#p12522178 <== this was either co-written or outside of IV's scumrange, and probably not cowritten because it missed dancefloor
im not sure how i feel about you flipping on me so easily, was my scumgame in 2160 really that devoid of reads/analysis? (lmao if that's what you thought it was that's fine)

if i was scum here i would absolutely be pushing myself here despite probably hating myself for most of it as well since this is a big team event (if it was a regular game, fuck that lol), and since it's easier for me to deepwolf through D1. i think a decent amount of 2160 was like, just barely outside my scumrange at that time. You know that im the kind of person who doesn't like to let teammates down, lol.

idk, i just remember you using the argument "i think innocentvillager would be really struggling here to post the way he's been doing as scum" in 2160, and now you're using that same argument despite being wrong on it once which makes me wonder what's different here to you.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:05 am

to be clear when you say scum!me would be "struggling to play this way", yes I believe you're totally on point with that but I also think scum!me will struggle, which is what you saw in 2160, which is why I'm wondering why you're evaluating my slot this way. sorry im not very eloquent

also i am almost entirely playing this game by myself aorn, Sirius and Ico are definitely not following my game and ive only been asking Gypyx to help me make the occasional ISO.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:49 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 1226, OkaPoka wrote:is it townbloc or townblock
Is it thicc or thick
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:50 am

In post 1229, OkaPoka wrote:VOTE: xtoxm
I scumread xtoxm too, but I would like your reasoning.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:56 am

Hmm IV is causing me to waver in my Ythan scumread. I see what IV is,seeing. I have to think about this.

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:09 am

In post 1123, OkaPoka wrote:dgb is definitely faking reads

dgb is overly confident on reads as town from my experience, but usually will casework it a bit

im just hoping one of the people with decades of experience with em will explain everything so later
can you elaborate on this?

by faking reads do you mean giving out a read you don't actually believe in? what's the town and scum motivation for doing that? do you think this is AI (independent of the opinions of people who have "decades of experience" with her, lol)?

i agree with DGB appearing confident on reads, town!DGB entered like this in LN 230 as well, stating reads as fact with no explanation (even similar to what i did early game here). I'm not sure what you mean by "casework" them a bit? is that what she's doing here?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:10 am

In post 1239, DrippingGoofball wrote:Hmm IV is causing me to waver in my Ythan scumread. I see what IV is,seeing. I have to think about this.
can you explain your read progression on me? i was town, then null upon your ISOing, now im ??
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:20 am

Post by Winter Flakes »

In post 1210, the worst wrote:gonna be level with you i don't think scum look scummy this game.
infinity has said much the same

my team is very confused by this game i think
-Uncrowned Alt
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:10 am

Post by hercule »

question for @Ythan - how do your teammates read our interactions?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:13 am

Post by Titus »

Vla today
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:01 am

@IV - I had an impulsive town read. Then you were under attack by others, your tone changed and I wasn't sure if you were defensive town or actually scum, and felt the need for more information. That's where I am at.

unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:02 am

Post by unwnd »

VOTE: Hopkirk

You guys don't know it yet, but this has been scum all along
Stop
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:06 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 1238, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1229, OkaPoka wrote:VOTE: xtoxm
I scumread xtoxm too, but I would like your reasoning.
hi i see this question and am dodging it, ask again later?
In post 1240, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 1123, OkaPoka wrote:dgb is definitely faking reads

dgb is overly confident on reads as town from my experience, but usually will casework it a bit

im just hoping one of the people with decades of experience with em will explain everything so later
can you elaborate on this?

by faking reads do you mean giving out a read you don't actually believe in? what's the town and scum motivation for doing that? do you think this is AI (independent of the opinions of people who have "decades of experience" with her, lol)?

i agree with DGB appearing confident on reads, town!DGB entered like this in LN 230 as well, stating reads as fact with no explanation (even similar to what i did early game here). I'm not sure what you mean by "casework" them a bit? is that what she's doing here?
well im agreeing with hopkirk in that i dont see an AI motivation for her dumping confident fake reads, DGB says it was rvs nonsense so okay i guess.

dgb is not really caseworking in the sense that there is some explanation with quotes and responses / analysis to certain posts. in my limited experience with dgb, there a little bit of that
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:16 am

In post 1245, DrippingGoofball wrote:@IV - I had an impulsive town read. Then you were under attack by others, your tone changed and I wasn't sure if you were defensive town or actually scum, and felt the need for more information. That's where I am at.
thanks! i have a quick follow-up thought/question if you don't mind answering

im interested why you didn't mention my recent post on Ythan in here. I would've thought that you'd townread me at least little more since you "see what I see" wrt Ythan.

if you weren't expecting to walk away from this question (asking me about my Ythan and Xtoxm reads) with a slightly better understanding of my alignment, then I'm left wondering why you asked ME this question in the first place/if you really nullread my Ythan post despite agreeing with it.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:21 am

In post 1247, OkaPoka wrote:well im agreeing with hopkirk in that i dont see an AI motivation for her dumping confident fake reads, DGB says it was rvs nonsense so okay i guess.

dgb is not really caseworking in the sense that there is some explanation with quotes and responses / analysis to certain posts. in my limited experience with dgb, there a little bit of that
ok thanks so DGB is pretty null to you/potentially +scum from the lack of read explanation so far?

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”