TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:42 am

Post by Ythan »

Ie my vote
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:44 am

Post by hercule »

right okay, that post was nonsense to me but now it makes sense. sec i'm reading
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:49 am

Post by hercule »

yeah see my brain is not going to let this go,

I voted you at daystart based on a legitimate ping, but clearly that's not some indictment of your slot, it's the first page. it was a fine vote, it was a fine place to pressure

then you were pushing me by simply asking if it was scum indicative, I replied it was a good place to vote, which, still, is as good enough a reason as any, like. maybe it's scum indicative? there are plenty of odd things people do that don't make sense to me that end up being scum and there are those that end up being town! again, it's page 1. and your follow-up is "Walk me through how you arrived at that vote"

my characterization was that you felt I was pushing you uncharitably, i.e. you felt you were being pushed for something that you didn't consider was alignment indicative, i.e. you felt i was pushing you with some sort of agenda, which, i was, i was applying pressure

so how was my characterization ridiculous? i'm not understanding.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:59 am

Post by Ythan »

In post 727, hercule wrote:I voted you at daystart based on a legitimate ping, but clearly that's not some indictment of your slot, it's the first page. it was a fine vote, it was a fine place to pressure
No dude I think you're lying sorry
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:59 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 635, Winter Flakes wrote:Ydrasse hasn't said anything about this game yet.

Infinity liked my vote on you when I first did it. He hasn't said anything since saying he liked AGar and that he didn't like Ceph.
Well, please ask him to take a look and return a verdict now (after this little dialogue)

As for why I said there was 1 scum in them 3; it was a half-arsed attempt to stir the pot and get the discussion going. There's also another reason that I'd rather not state, or at least don't wish to bring up at this time

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:01 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 636, Winter Flakes wrote:Your reads were entirely surface level.
Don't use Boon terminology unless you're as good. :P

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:04 am

Post by implosion »

A012245: Characteristic function of factorial numbers; also decimal expansion of Liouville's number or Liouville's constant.1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1

Link

Vote Count 1.6
AGar
(7): Titus, unwnd, Cephrir, OkaPoka, Dannflor, DrippingGoofball, Albert B. Rampage
Winter Flakes
(2): hercule, JacksonVirgo
the worst
(1): Hopkirk
Ythan
(1): Almost50
JacksonVirgo
(1): the worst
innocentvillager
(1): Dunnstral
hercule
(1): Ythan
OkaPoka
(1): innocentvillager
Cephrir
(1): AGar
Almost50
(1): Winter Flakes

Not Voting
(1): Xtoxm

With 18 alive, it takes 10 votes to eliminate. Deadline is set for January 29, 5:00 PM PST, in (expired on 2021-01-29 21:00:00).
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:05 am

Post by hercule »

In post 728, Ythan wrote:
In post 727, hercule wrote:I voted you at daystart based on a legitimate ping, but clearly that's not some indictment of your slot, it's the first page. it was a fine vote, it was a fine place to pressure
lmao this is completely impossible to work with

I don't know why you think I would decide to start the game by lying about a read my teammate said to me on voice call, that seems so needlessly intricate of a start that it strains my belief for you to even think that but here we are
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:06 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 644, the worst wrote:? why not
Because I like your company, dude. And besides; you're not evil enough

Spoiler:

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:10 am

Post by Ythan »

In post 732, hercule wrote:

I don't know why you think I would decide to start the game by lying about a read my teammate said to me on voice call, that seems so needlessly intricate of a start that it strains my belief for you to even think that but here we are
We've never spoken before this game and I have no expectations about your skill. Shrug.
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:10 am

Post by hercule »

god I am kind of coming around on town!ythan but it's triggering me haha. would scum really just counter my response to them by saying "no u r lying" if so that would be kind of iconic
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:12 am

Post by hercule »

In post 734, Ythan wrote:
In post 732, hercule wrote:

We've never spoken before this game and I have no expectations about your skill. Shrug.
i- what? so because you don't know me, something that I am obviously telling the truth about you now suspect to be a lie? based on literally what? based on your feelings of not liking to be pressured? thats literally the only thing I can think of
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:14 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 645, Winter Flakes wrote:JV is legitimately scum. Has zero reason to be SRing me here whatsoever.
If I take this statement at face value and assume it's true; this is exactly how I feel about your SR on me

I don't want to make the game about me; but I would recommend that every player who thinks they know me well enough to state their read on me explicitly so far. Hell; I would even request everyone to consult their team and provide the reads on my slot from each member separately. Granted some players are new to me *(and I to them) and some have a history of not being accurate with reading me, but that should also help.

So,
everybody please ask your team members to provide a read on me individually
. I will not make much noise after this point (once that request had been acknowledged)

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:15 am

Post by Ythan »

I can't force myself to give a fuck about this pointless back and forth you're so invested in sorry. There's nothing of any value in it for me.
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:16 am

Post by hercule »

In post 738, Ythan wrote:I can't force myself to give a fuck about this pointless back and forth you're so invested in sorry. There's nothing of any value in it for me.
i just get triggered when anyone spews asinine bullshit in my general direction. i will calm down in like 30 minutes. it's a character flaw
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:17 am

Post by Ythan »

In post 739, hercule wrote:i just get triggered when anyone spews asinine bullshit in my general direction.
Consider the conversations you try to start then Ava what purpose they serve.
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:23 am

Post by hercule »

In post 740, Ythan wrote:
In post 739, hercule wrote:i just get triggered when anyone spews asinine bullshit in my general direction.
Consider the conversations you try to start then Ava what purpose they serve.
honestly, look, the way I play. anything I see that sticks out as illogical I pull on it and tug on it until it either unravels or reveals a town thought process or perspective I simply couldn't see at first. I just can't help it. that's how my brain works. I've run into a dead end with you because you either don't possess or refuse to articulate logical faculties behind your reads, so that's that. you think I am lying despite me clearly telling the truth if only for the mere fact that I would have no incentive or need to orchestrate a lie so early in the game as either alignment and due to the fact that it would simply be a strange thing to lie about. You can persist in your belief, and it's going to bother me, but it's like arguing with a Trump supporter, sometimes you just have to cut your losses.

i know this is going to come across as a bit petulant but I would rather just express my feelings at this exact moment in time when I am feeling them than try to explain them later. and i'm going to move on. legit i just have to step away for a bit. i am, as i type, self-reflecting on why this always happens to me but, rest assured, i simply cannot join a game and not get into a fight at some point so it is what it is.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:26 am

Post by Ythan »

Still not sure why you think it's so unbelievable someone would think you were being dishonest early in the game. That's not really a good point and I don't believe you honestly think it.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:28 am

Post by unwnd »

I think Hercule considers being townread as a badge of honor. By denying that, you are taking away something that motivates him to keep posting. His frustration is self-serving but not in a scummy way, because I think it's such a petty thing to care about as scum
Stop
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:31 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 738, Ythan wrote:I can't force myself to give a fuck about this pointless back and forth you're so invested in sorry. There's nothing of any value in it for me.

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:31 am

Post by Ythan »

I can roll that around in my head bit. Interesting.

@a50 nah
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:32 am

Post by hercule »

In post 742, Ythan wrote:Still not sure why you think it's so unbelievable someone would think you were being dishonest early in the game. That's not really a good point and I don't believe you honestly think it.
not me being unable to step away

it's because the basis of your read is so [redacted] - you think that I lied about being on call with my gf and her telling me your post pinged me. that's the basis of your entire refutation of my posts. and to me, that's quite obviously true, because it happened. and i don't see any logical reason to suspect it of being false.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:33 am

Post by unwnd »

Hercule don't worry I already saved you from mental crisis two posts ago
Stop
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:35 am

Post by hercule »

In post 743, unwnd wrote:I think Hercule considers being townread as a badge of honor. By denying that, you are taking away something that motivates him to keep posting. His frustration is self-serving but not in a scummy way, because I think it's such a petty thing to care about as scum
In post 747, unwnd wrote:Hercule don't worry I already saved you from mental crisis two posts ago
well. i mean, yes. but. it sounds kind of belittling when you say it like that :(

i just think it's important when you are town to assert you are town. the best frame of reference for myself and the game is myself, it's the only true piece of information I have. ugh yeah i dunno i'm just gonna do some chores and eat lunch
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:36 am

Post by unwnd »

I'm very smart or just easily pocketed you can decide which one
Stop

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”