Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:25 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

pedantic is like
"oh man technically you're wrong because of this small thing that doesn't matter"

but yeah I'm a little scrazzled right now.
mafia does my brain weird.
I need to go to bed and I'm scared I'm going to total my weekend on this game by overthinking it.
):
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:28 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 171, Gypyx wrote:-> his post has been done pre-rand

-> it's a nice easy way for scum to get into the game

lolwhat
I mean, Gamma could've only posted it if they rolled scum.

Or just didn't make it pre-rand.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:28 pm

Post by Gypyx »

well it's just that your 2 arguments are directly contradicting each other, not a big deal lol

go sleep then, we got 14 days to solve this shit
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:30 pm

Post by staypositivefriend »

In post 175, Cheetory6 wrote:pedantic is like
"oh man technically you're wrong because of this small thing that doesn't matter"

but yeah I'm a little scrazzled right now.
mafia does my brain weird.
I need to go to bed and I'm scared I'm going to total my weekend on this game by overthinking it.
):
i think the emotion in this post is authentic, and it's prolly emotion that's more likely to come from a town mindset than a scum one
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:30 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 176, Jake The Wolfie wrote:

lolwhat

that's true, but cheetory argued that it was done pre-rand, therefore NAI, which i kinda agree, if he'd post it only as scum it wouldn't be NAI anymore right

now, i don't see some1 rolling scum and going "let's make awards for teh moderation"
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:30 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

okay like the details of
"did they prep it before the game started" or "did they do it as an attempt to NAI crutch into the game" don't matter if the point is that the post is a crutch regardless of the circumstances that led to it and I feel like you should know that and are trying to make something out of nothing. >:c
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:32 pm

Post by Gypyx »

that's fair, i just like arguing against bad points lol

that's different degrees of scuminess though

bottom text
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:47 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 173, Cheetory6 wrote:Like I'm being imprecise but the meaning should be clear and I think you're being pedantic!
God!
I don't think the meaning was especially clear until you clarified.

I think you're right that dropping a prepped post and peacing out is at least somewhat > rand scum.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:51 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

yeah that's fair
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 137, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 126, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: jake
surprise motherfakka
Louise, what inspired you to vote me here?
Humor
but your response to SPF wasn't exactly great
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:56 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 176, Jake The Wolfie wrote:

lolwhat

I had the idea pre-rand but obv I didn't make the post pre-rand because it would have been spick-and-span in that case
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:16 pm

Gamma, who would you kill right now?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:41 pm

Post by MariaR »

I'll start reading the game seriously at page 14 until then hf friends~
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:45 pm

Hyperposttime
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:58 pm

Post by Gypyx »

no, slowpost time

bottom text
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:54 pm

Post by Zaiden »

Man, I wake up, my team tells me things have begun and there's already 8 pages. Pls no.

Anyway, my team does blacklists. So I'll be writing one up sometime.

For now, I'll introduce myself. I don't really play forum mafia. But Flopz, Hectic and Hopkirk roped me into this because something something they needed 4 people to make a team. I'm just here to fill the numbers. But I do like and have a background of playing social deduction games in real life. Although posts are there forever (so no take backsies for scum) and can be analysed in depth, I kind of miss the real life visual/social interaction cues. Also great, I have no meta reads on anyone here. So I will be going in blind. I will try to read posts from past games to figure out whether there's a pattern of behaviour for certain players but I'm not sure I have the willpower to do that for everyone.

I was gonna make a joke about blacklisting all weeb/koreaboos. No matter. I'm pretty into anime. Top 5 anime are - Clannad After Story, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Fullmental Alchemist Brotherhood, Shin Sekai Yori, Eureka Seven. Maybe Attack on Titan Final Season will end up in there. I have high hopes for how that might end. Might be less active in the next week or so of the game - I've got a backlog of stuff to do in real life. However I'll be keeping an eye out on things. Blacklist incoming.
Spring Breeze
Spring Breeze
Townie
Spring Breeze
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:01 am

Post by Spring Breeze »

VOTE: cheetory6
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:14 am

Post by Zaiden »

Someone probably said the best way to know someone is through their enemies. I don't think any of you have played with me before, so I thought sharing my blacklist for this event might provide some insight into what kind of person I am:

Flopz - Killed me about 8-9 times as my Dungeon Master in D&D 5E. Some of those deaths he completely set me up for knowing I would take the bait and had me murdered in cold blood. He's basically a guaranteed serial killer to me. If I ever die, he was involved in some capacity.
Untrod Tripod - As the organiser they're guaranteed to be in the cahoots with mafia.
Kim Jong Un – I don't want to play games with dictators who've deprived fundamental rights and brought great suffering upon their people.
Byron - I'm amazed this guy can shamelessly try to frame me as scum and pretend he's town when he's so clearly scum.
Ganondorf - Kidnaps young girls. FBI need to investigate this guy for child exploitation/trafficking.
Shinji Ikari - He refuses to get in the robot and save humanity. Clearly dumb town who I wouldn't trust to make the correct decisive action in eliminating scum.
Ganyu - She's a demonic, horned cocogoat. It's not that I failed to roll her with 100 summons and don't want to think about her ever again. Let's never bring her up please.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:15 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 190, Zaiden wrote:Man, I wake up, my team tells me things have begun and there's already 8 pages. Pls no.

For now, I'll introduce myself. I don't really play forum mafia. But Flopz, Hectic and Hopkirk roped me into this because something something they needed 4 people to make a team. I'm just here to fill the numbers. But I do like and have a background of playing social deduction games in real life. Although posts are there forever (so no take backsies for scum) and can be analysed in depth, I kind of miss the real life visual/social interaction cues. Also great, I have no meta reads on anyone here. So I will be going in blind. I will try to read posts from past games to figure out whether there's a pattern of behaviour for certain players but I'm not sure I have the willpower to do that for everyone.

I was gonna make a joke about blacklisting all weeb/koreaboos. No matter. I'm pretty into anime. Top 5 anime are - Clannad After Story, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Fullmental Alchemist Brotherhood, Shin Sekai Yori, Eureka Seven. Maybe Attack on Titan Final Season will end up in there. I have high hopes for how that might end. Might be less active in the next week or so of the game - I've got a backlog of stuff to do in real life. However I'll be keeping an eye out on things. Blacklist incoming.
what kind of social deduction games / how would you qualify your playstyle? i'd guess interaction based given your background but not sure

pedit : what the fuck is that post Sir

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:17 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 191, Spring Breeze wrote:VOTE: cheetory6
what's pinging you?

bottom text
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:18 am

Post by Zaiden »

Also, never trust a simp. They're named Pooky too. Clearly a reference to Poki. AKA Pokimane. You have to all join me in eliminating this simp from the game so we don't have to put up with their simping for the next few weeks. Maybe Spring Breeze has to follow for encouraging these shameless acts of degeneracy.

Vote: PookyTheBear

More serious thoughts/reads to come later.
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:19 am

Post by Zaiden »

Totally not a jealous normie who's feeling lonely.

Cries in Corner
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:20 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 195, Zaiden wrote:Also, never trust a simp. They're named Pooky too. Clearly a reference to Poki. AKA Pokimane. You have to all join me in eliminating this simp from the game so we don't have to put up with their simping for the next few weeks. Maybe Spring Breeze has to follow for encouraging these shameless acts of degeneracy.

Vote: PookyTheBear

More serious thoughts/reads to come later.

glad to see these previous thoughts were serious

bottom text
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:34 am

Post by Zaiden »

In post 193, Gypyx wrote:
In post 190, Zaiden wrote:Man, I wake up, my team tells me things have begun and there's already 8 pages. Pls no.

what kind of social deduction games / how would you qualify your playstyle? i'd guess interaction based given your background but not sure

pedit : what the fuck is that post Sir
I've played real life Mafia, One Night Ultimate Werewolf, Coup, The Resistance/Avalon, Two Rooms One Boom, Among Us, etc etc.

My playstyle? A mix of logic/going with my gut instinct. I'm the sort of player to randomly fire a vig shot at someone I don't trust without any prior indication. After all, my mother told me to never trust strangers. Or cry over spilt milk. In real life, there are things I like to use like visual cues/understanding of a person. Neither which I have at my disposal here. But I can apply a lot of my skills to analysing and deconstructing posts. Generally I like seeking out people who seem town, and try to pressure people I don't get good vibes from. Like Pooky for their simping, Kanna for encouraging said simping and StayPositiveFriend since I don't trust anarchists.

To be honest, my first impression? From skimming over the pages, you guys are very different from the people I play with irl. Though I was expecting you folks to be a lot more hardcore too.

Also give me time. I'm currently DM'ing a session of D&D 5E for some people and will probably be finished in 2-3 hours? You can hold me to those words.

Finally, if you're an anime fan and not watching Wonder Egg Priority this season, what are you doing with life?
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:50 am

In post 198, Zaiden wrote:Finally, if you're an anime fan and not watching Wonder Egg Priority this season, what are you doing with life?
Being poor

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”