Lowell (6):
Rashiminos, Oman, TonyMontana, crywolf, bionic,Tommy
Darox (3):
iamausername,Ythill, fhqwhgads
Rashiminos:
Lowell

Not voting (2):
Elias, Darox

@bionic: Your first EBWOP was good- I understood the intent there and don't require unvotes, just the ## :)
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:25 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Username, you have yet to take a solid stance on Lowell I believe. DO you find him scummy? Do you think he is a good lynch in terms of info?
I play the games rul gud.
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:44 am

Post by fhqwhgads »

Lowell wrote:I'm back. Was away for the weekend. Sorry, mod.
Now that you are back, ready to claim yet?
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:42 pm

Post by fhqwhgads »

Maybe I should make my statement more clear.

Claim or Die!

(Darox: To clarify, I'm willing to drop the hammer if he doesn't respond or his response isn't to my liking.)
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:01 pm

Post by Darox »

Still not the same thing as calling for a hammer. You are giving him time to breathe and explain himself.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:41 pm

Post by Oman »

crywolf20084 wrote:My I ask what was so "scummy" about that last post.
I said it, you seem to be looking for somewhere you can stick.
Ythill wrote:
bionic wrote:Also, if he is alive when night comes, a cop (if we have one) would likely investigate him.
Why is this a bad thing?
Cause no cop can defend him without outing himself.
Darox wrote:Still not the same thing as calling for a hammer. You are giving him time to breathe and explain himself.
Wait.... Do you think this is good or bad?
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:50 pm

Post by Darox »

I wasn't really taking a side there, just stating that the two are in fact different, in spite of what some people here seem to believe.

I do however think that Lowell should be given time to explain himself. Lynching him now based on his current actions would be a bad idea and ultimately would leave us stranded in D2.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:48 pm

Post by Oman »

You're wrong on your reasons, but the answer is right.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:38 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

How many people are going to believe any claim at this point?
The above written statement is pro-town.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:42 am

Post by Lowell »

No one hammer. Hold on.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:48 am

Post by Lowell »

A quick rundown lest I don't get a chance to do anything this game:

5- iamausername claims miller
17- ythill calls claim irresponsible
18- Lowell loves claim
26- crywolf says "cop has reason to look at " [weak]
29- elias believes claim
34- darox will treat user as "someone who hasn't claimed" [very weak]
35- user finishes claim: piano teacher
46- tony has meandering post about claim, says "we should decide for ourselves" [uh, okay]
47- Lowell explains why miller is believable, votes tony
50- crywolf agrees w/ lowell, puts FOS on tony [strange, why no 3rd vote?]
53- elias believes claim
65- crywolf switches sides, now in curious about Lowell [odd]
66- good post from ythill
68- tommy jumps in on tony's side againts Lowell
83- user votes crywolf
85- a idiotic series of consonants votes Lowell
87- tony votes lowell
88- bionic votes crywolf
95- very odd post by consonants. unvotes lowell. Is he coaching me? [strange]
109- elias votes lowell
124- crywolf leads w/ 4 votes, Lowell has 2
125- tommy votes lowell
129- darox votes lowell
131- rash votes lowell
132- crywolf votes lowell, 6th vote
139- elias unvotes, worries about lowell wagon
140- lowell refuses to claim
163- lowell leads w/ 5 votes (tony, tommy, darox, rash, crywolf)
171- darox wants to "break" lowell's habit of badposting. [get in line]
177- user votes darox
178- darox accuses lowell of fishing for roleclaims [wow. wrong]
183- oman votes lowell
190- tony unvotes, wants lowell to claim [why unvote to do that??]
195- crywolf unvotes
196- tony revotes lowell
208- user attacks darox for word choices [good]
211- tommy sides w/ darox
237- darox unvotes
238- yhtill votes darox
243- oman sides w/ darox
253- consonants vote lowell, 5th vote
265- crywolf votes lowell, calls herself a hammerphobe [good]
273- tommy unvotes, wants to relook at crywolf [good post]
274- consonants continues argument w/ darox [getting a little chippy!]
277- lowell leads w/ 5 votes (rash, oman, tony, consonants, crywolf)
281- elias promises to "look at people on day 2" [slightly strange]
283- bionic makes interesting case against elias [good]
285- bionic prefers crywolf lynch to lowell
294- user asks good questions of darox
301- consonants votes darox [good]
306- oman says "anyone but darox"
316- bionic votes lowell
322- tommy votes lowell (lynch - 1)
328- consonants "demands" claim [odd]

Some individual thoughts:

bionic
- I believe he's
town
, his turn in 316 notwithstanding. I was impressed by his case against elias in 301, but I believe he didn't take it far enough.

crywolf
- I'd have said 100% scum were it not for post 265. There's something endearingly newbish to it, and it's a post I don't think scum would come out and say. I'll put her as
town
, and look more carefully at those propping her up from both sides.

darox
- There is a good case to be made here, but oman's insistence that darox is innocent makes me think twice. The fact that he sometimes fears hammers and sometimes doesn't, however, makes me worry. Unknown for now, but I'm leaning
scum
for a lot of horrible misrepresentations (Lowell fishing for claims of OTHERS??? Really?)

elias
- THIS was the one that jumped out at me on reread. I read 281 several times and it still reads strange. Though I didnt' have much of an opinion of him before that, the certainty that he "will look at them tomorrow" is a very odd town post. As town, I'm not so much scared that I'll die, but I AM scared that I'll die before I get a chance to get my two cents out there. Elias does not seem to fear this. combine this with his earlier hesitation to get too deeply involved in the case against me, and the fact that he TWICE came out and said he believes the username claim (but in equivocal language) and it all adds up to
##unvote, ##vote elias

consonants
- I can do without this guy, frankly. I would call him scum but for the extended interchange with darox about darox's strange behavior. Aside from that he's been relatively useless. No good read on him yet.

iamausername
- miller,
town
, I'm almost 100% sure. No reason to change my mind. In addition, he's led a lot of the more cogent attacks against most players.

rash
- I had an early scum read on him, but I'm changing my mind. Of the votes against me, his is by far the least retarded. I'll call him
town

tommy
- This is a strange one. Tommy is, in some ways, perhaps the most responsible for driving the weakass wagon before us. He's taken a few sides he shouldn't have (tony and crywolf), but on the other hand has made a few key unvotes that (had he just been going for the quicklynch of me) he wouldn't have. In particular, 273 is a post I don't believe scum would have made.
town

tonymontana
-
scum
. I still think post 46 is strange. PARTICULARLY when combined with his more bellicose tone in 190 and 196. In the latter two he seems to put a lot of stock in the power of claiming, yet the crux of our original argument that garnered his vote is that I was swayed by a claim when he thought I should have been more cautious. The timing of his unvote and revote don't help him either.

oman
- for some reason I get strong
town
vibes from him. He's defending a very unpopular position at the moment (darox = not scum) and doing so with gusto. Points for that.

yhtill
- this guy is dangerous. He has a lot of good posts and people tend to believe what he says. I believe that he's
town
, but I'm not married to it yet.

A few other things:

There is a slight link between tony and crywolf in the 50s and 60s. She says she agrees with my reasoning for voting tony, but only FOSs herself (despite him having only 2 votes). Almost immediately she changes her mind, agrees wholeheartedly with tony's side, and attacks me. This looks a LOT like buddying on crywolf's part, and I don't like that tony is just letting it happen.

The nature of the darox/consonants argument throughout the latter pages of this game makes me think we could be dealing with a couple of pro-town players.

I'm not super-thrilled with all the backhanded compliments from those who say I'm not scum because I "always play this way." I don't believe my behavior is scummy AT ALL, and those not voting me just for meta-reasons look like people who are trying to set themselves up to vote for me later.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:25 am

Post by gorckat »

Vote Count

Lowell (6):
Rashiminos, Oman, TonyMontana, crywolf, bionic,Tommy
Darox (3):
iamausername,Ythill, fhqwhgads
Elias:
Lowell

Not voting (2):
Elias, Darox

**Rashiminos has been prodded**

Rules update:

2. Activity

*If you see a player has not posted in thread for 72 hours and I have not announced a prod, please PM me. All prods are stated publicly.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:46 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

##unvote Lowell

That lengthy post reminded me of the last game we were in together (mini 614 - maybe the only game we were in together), so I decided to check games which you came up as scum. In Pantsville (I just skimmed), you were serial killer and never went into the extent you just did. Those come across as notes you have been compiling throughout the game and not just thrown together right now.
The above written statement is pro-town.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:02 am

Post by iamausername »

Elias_the_thief wrote:Username, you have yet to take a solid stance on Lowell I believe. DO you find him scummy?
iamausername, in #262 wrote:I think Lowell is probably town, because meta leads me to believe that most of the scumtells people are attributing him are null tells in his case, and I cannot believe that a wagon would form as fast as his did without some opportunistic scum in there. Now, it's possible that he's being bussed, but I think that's considerably less likely than him being town run up by scum.
Is this solid enough for you?
Elias_the_thief wrote:Do you think he is a good lynch in terms of info?
I think a Darox lynch will give us just as much info at this point, and is considerably more likely to hit scum. I'll agree that no other lynch is looking particularly feasible at this point, and that a Lowell lynch is preferable to no lynch, for the information it will bring.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:42 am

Post by Rashiminos »

Responding to the prod in thread.

I still feel it's Lowell that needs to be lynched today.

I'm getting a townie feeling from iamausername due to his openness in answering my questions, although I disagree with his argument.

Ythill and fhq are looking scummy to me. One for his lines of questioning, and the other for bizarre voting patterns.

More on this in an upcoming post (setting a mental deadline of Wednesday morning, which will be the best time for me).
Show
Completed Games:
Newbie: 459, 625(replace), 642
Mini: 659

[i]Ralph, the Driv3r.[/i]
Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:52 am

Post by Rashiminos »

EBWOP: Unless someone saw a claim I didn't, HAMMER!© this guy.
Show
Completed Games:
Newbie: 459, 625(replace), 642
Mini: 659

[i]Ralph, the Driv3r.[/i]
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:42 am

Lowell wrote: 53- elias believes claim
Incorrect. I said I was undecided, that the flavor seemed plausible (but no where near enough to confirm the claim) and that User is ballsy enough to pull the claim as scum. Thats definately not saying I believe the User claim.
Lowell wrote:281- elias promises to "look at people on day 2" [slightly strange]
The argument that I should be afraid of getting my opinions out there is false. I'm by no means considered "townie town town", and I've lurked most of the game (sorry). To call me scum on this basis is ridiculous.
Lowell wrote:283- bionic makes interesting case against elias [good]
It wasnt a case, and I responded to it. Interesting that you leave that post out of your list, as well as bionicchops consequent post in which he accepts most of my responses.
Lowell wrote:
bionic
- I believe he's
town
, his turn in 316 notwithstanding. I was impressed by his case against elias in 301, but I believe he didn't take it far enough.
It wasnt a case, and I refuted his points. Learn to read.
Lowell wrote:
crywolf
- I'd have said 100% scum were it not for post 265. There's something endearingly newbish to it, and it's a post I don't think scum would come out and say. I'll put her as
town
, and look more carefully at those propping her up from both sides.
I believe she is exhibiting behavior that is characteristic of a newb, not necessarily of scum. So I agree.
Lowell wrote:
darox
- There is a good case to be made here, but oman's insistence that darox is innocent makes me think twice. The fact that he sometimes fears hammers and sometimes doesn't, however, makes me worry. Unknown for now, but I'm leaning
scum
for a lot of horrible misrepresentations (Lowell fishing for claims of OTHERS??? Really?)
Eh...in all honesty I havent really looked much at the Darox case.
Lowell wrote:
elias
- THIS was the one that jumped out at me on reread. I read 281 several times and it still reads strange. Though I didnt' have much of an opinion of him before that, the certainty that he "will look at them tomorrow" is a very odd town post. As town, I'm not so much scared that I'll die, but I AM scared that I'll die before I get a chance to get my two cents out there. Elias does not seem to fear this.
What you fear as town is not necessarily what I fear as town, and blabbing all your opinions day one is not necessarily a protown play. Scum can garner info from everything town says just as much as town garners from scum. I am not a serious risk for a nightkill in my opinion, as I've said before.
Lowell wrote:combine
this with his earlier hesitation to get too deeply involved in the case against me
, and the fact that
he TWICE came out and said he believes the username claim
(but in equivocal language) and it all adds up to
##unvote, ##vote elias
Huh?

Wrong.

Lowell wrote:
consonants
- I can do without this guy, frankly. I would call him scum but for the extended interchange with darox about darox's strange behavior. Aside from that he's been relatively useless. No good read on him yet.
Agreed on the final sentiment.

Lowell wrote:
iamausername
- miller,
town
, I'm almost 100% sure. No reason to change my mind. In addition, he's led a lot of the more cogent attacks against most players.
Booooooo.
Lowell wrote:
rash
- I had an early scum read on him, but I'm changing my mind. Of the votes against me, his is by far the least retarded. I'll call him
town
Why the early scum read?
Lowell wrote:
tommy
- This is a strange one. Tommy is, in some ways, perhaps the most responsible for driving the weakass wagon before us. He's taken a few sides he shouldn't have (tony and crywolf), but on the other hand has made a few key unvotes that (had he just been going for the quicklynch of me) he wouldn't have. In particular, 273 is a post I don't believe scum would have made.
town
I find it very interesting that my unvote from your wagon is "hesitation to get too deeply involved in the case against me", while tommy's is a key unvote that shows he wasn't going for the quicklynch. You do realize I could have lurked through your wagon and allowed you to be quicklynched right? Just checking, Mr. Hypocrisy.
Lowell wrote:
tonymontana
-
scum
. I still think post 46 is strange. PARTICULARLY when combined with his more bellicose tone in 190 and 196. In the latter two he seems to put a lot of stock in the power of claiming, yet the crux of our original argument that garnered his vote is that I was swayed by a claim when he thought I should have been more cautious. The timing of his unvote and revote don't help him either.
Meh. A lot can change between post 46 and post 190. I dont think this is anything particularly damning.
Lowell wrote:
oman
- for some reason I get strong
town
vibes from him. He's defending a very unpopular position at the moment (darox = not scum) and doing so with gusto. Points for that.
Agreed.
Lowell wrote:
yhtill
- this guy is dangerous. He has a lot of good posts and people tend to believe what he says. I believe that he's
town
, but I'm not married to it yet.
wonderful.
Lowell wrote: There is a slight link between tony and crywolf in the 50s and 60s. She says she agrees with my reasoning for voting tony, but only FOSs herself (despite him having only 2 votes). Almost immediately she changes her mind, agrees wholeheartedly with tony's side, and attacks me. This looks a LOT like buddying on crywolf's part, and I don't like that tony is just letting it happen.
This is unnecessary confusion being added to the thread IMO. This is a very weak argument.
Lowell wrote:The nature of the darox/consonants argument throughout the latter pages of this game makes me think we could be dealing with a couple of pro-town players.
This comment is strangely worded.
Lowell wrote:I'm not super-thrilled with all the backhanded compliments from those who say I'm not scum because I "always play this way." I don't believe my behavior is scummy AT ALL, and those not voting me just for meta-reasons look like people who are trying to set themselves up to vote for me later.
You've been a lot less lurky then when we were scum together. But that was like a year and a half ago, and I dont really think it has much bearing on your play here, especially when its only a one game meta.

I'm fine with my vote. I'm fine with Lowell actually claiming. I'm fine with someone hammering if he refuses.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:43 am

*The argument that I should be afraid of NOT getting my opinions out there is false.
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:03 pm

Post by fhqwhgads »

Hmm,

Probably the best post you've made all day. Unfortunately, one post does not make a day. Your absence during questioning (controlled or not) plus your brash attitude initially has you branded.

Also, while a good post, your argument on Elias feels like a reach. Like he pointed out, you've ignored a lot of what happened in between the posts you did point out. This might be due to the fact that you had to reread in a hurry. Also you comment on the fact that I ask a claim, but you still don't even consider it.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Lowell

My reasons being:

1) Deadline tomorrow, and you are the only one there is a mild agreement on.

2) You haven't really been the ideal townie up till now.

and

3) Someone (I forget) made the argument that we'll be stuck in lowell mode after day one if you are not lynched.

It's time to get more info and focus on some other people for a change (Darox, you're not off the hook yet).
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:17 pm

Post by Oman »

We need a Hammer ASAP. He gave a bunch of crap, half of it not even true and didn't claim. Thats scum right there.
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:00 pm

Post by fhqwhgads »

Ah,

Missed the bionicchop unvote. I thought I hammered.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:09 pm

Post by Darox »

The deadline rapidly approaching.
Deadline means no lynch.

This is bad.

And, as Oman said, his big post wasn't exactly enlightening and he still ignored requests for a claim.

Vote: Lowell
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:09 pm

Post by Darox »

Of course there was always a
##Vote: Lowell
in there.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:01 pm

Post by Oman »

Well. I'm a lycnher, thankfully Lowell was my target.

Thanks guys, great game.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:01 pm

Post by Oman »

*PSTTTTTT NOT REALLY!*