sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:02 am

Post by sekinj »

I won't drop the hammer, but I have no problem with the Az lynch. I haven't examined the arguments carefully, but on the surface they seem sound.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:28 am

Post by farside22 »

Deadline is tomorrow. I won't be around much longer and weekends I am lucky to post once or twice. So if anyone wants to say anything? Strife last thoughts. Iam any last thoughts from you?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Azrael001
Azrael001
Goon
Azrael001
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:40 am

Post by Azrael001 »

Iamausername wrote: When he made his vote, I was thinking he looked more pro-town for it, for pretty mush the reasons he states here, but when he immediately followed it up with this post, it seemed more like he deliberately chose a less popular target for his vote just so he could say this and "prove" he isn't scum.
Except that saying that that I am trying to prove my innocence in this manner would be dumb if that was what I was actually doing(it actually was a dumb move anyways, but that's beside the point).

Being an unknown here makes it obvious to me that my play style needs work, as I appear far too suspicious. Plus making multiple mistakes in one game doesn't help. I am standing by my vote.

I am of the opinion now that Strife is likely innocent and farside is no. These are hunches, and not very strong ones. Should you decide to lynch me, I thought that I should put that out there.
Forgive my rudeness, I cannot abide useless people.

(The irony is killing me.)
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:45 am

Post by strife220 »

Nothing to be said by me that hasn't already been said. Deadline in 16 hours - if Az was gonna claim a powerrole he would have done so already.
Hammatime
Unvote, Vote: Azrael
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
Azrael001
Azrael001
Goon
Azrael001
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by Azrael001 »

Weee, I are dead. I am interested to see how this continues.
Forgive my rudeness, I cannot abide useless people.

(The irony is killing me.)
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by strife220 »

Azrael001 wrote:Weee, I are dead. I am interested to see how this continues.
.. Scum or town?
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:31 am

Post by sekinj »

*respects twilight, unlike others*
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:21 am

Post by strife220 »

Greasy Spot wrote:twilight = no new votes/unvotes are counted, the lynch is inevitable).
Keeping quiet in twilight isn't a universal rule - depends on the mod. Rules for this game indicate talking during twilight is okay, but votes have no purpose.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:01 am

Post by sekinj »

I was actually just joking. Posting in twilight in order to give you grief about posting in twilight :P
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:06 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Sorry for my tardiness.

Day 1 Final Vote Count:

Azrael001 (4) (Mirth, retrowiz, farside22, strife220)
retrowiz (1) (sekinj)
Mirth (1) (iamausername)
iamausername (1) (Azrael001)

Not Voting: none
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:17 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

So you've used your powers of suggestion and determination during Day 1. Do you think you did well? If your on the side of evil then your powers of suggestion have served you well. If your on the side of Good then your power of determination to kill your fellow townie has blinded you.

Azrael001,
Townie
, Lynched Day 1

It is now night. You have 48 hours to turn in your night moves. If all moves have been received, day may start as early as 24 hours.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:56 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

You awake from your night of sweet dreams and sweet slumber to find your buddy Strife220 stabbed to death while he slept. While this could be good for the mafia it is definitely not good for the town. It's a shame strife220 couldn't live up to his true potential.

strife220,
Nurse
, stabbed to death Night 1

It is now Day 2. You have 3 weeks from now to find scum.

Deadline September 29, 2008 10:00 AM EST
Deadline Clock

5 alive = 3 votes needed for a Lynch
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:47 am

Post by retrowiz »

unless I'm wrong ago. we're at Lylo. on Day 2. this is the reason I said before 7 player game is scary. need some help from you guys with expreience. so far I looked at the person who down played 7 player game as scary. but that was strife.
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:09 am

Post by iamausername »

Yeah, this is Lylo, so NOBODY VOTE.

If we have a deputy, I think they should claim right now, since we now know there's no cop, so a deputy has no useful power besides claiming. If we have a doctor, they should avoid claiming today unless they start looking likely to be lynched.

Need to reread Day 1, since my #1 scumteam pick was obviously wrong.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:44 am

Post by retrowiz »

ok is that possible? you can be a deputy with no cop in the game?...that doesn't make any sence to me at all!!!
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:48 am

Post by iamausername »

Yeah, that's kind of the whole idea of the setup. It's trendy and subversive to have deputies with no guarantee of a cop and nurses with no guarantee of a doctor, you see.

We started with:

1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Mafia Goon
1 Cop OR Nurse
1 Doctor OR Deputy
3 Townies

We now have:

1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Mafia Goon
1 Doctor OR Deputy
2 Townies
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:07 am

Post by farside22 »

Hi. Read thru to see if anything is ringing any bells for me. Scum list should be submitted by all. Top 2 or 3 scum suspects and why. Will be doing as much myself after my read thru.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by sekinj »

Well, I think most people are playing pretty good townie/scum hunters.

I am still suspicious of retro, but I will admit that maybe his newbieness just annoys me. So i'm going to ignore him for now.

I will admit that most of these seems weak, but this is all I have for now.

iam - for agreeing with me about retro. feels like buddying. Last time this happened to me, the other guy was scum. Iam also did it to Strife when strife said I was the most town player, who we know was town. He is also coaching in his post 17, which seems scummy.
far - always plays very townie, this time I think it's fake.
mirth - seems to have good agression tactics, sometimes goes off half cocked.

At this point, If the deputy has results, I think he/she should claim. I'm truthfully feeling a little lost otherwise....
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:35 am

Post by Mirth »

I have just finished catching up on my newbie games, I will get to this one next. Hopefully some time this afternoon/early evening. Again, sorry for taking so long with the catching up.
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:53 am

Post by retrowiz »

sekinj wrote:Well, I think most people are playing pretty good townie/scum hunters.

I am still suspicious of retro, but I will admit that maybe his newbieness just annoys me. So i'm going to ignore him for now.

I will admit that most of these seems weak, but this is all I have for now.

iam - for agreeing with me about retro. feels like buddying. Last time this happened to me, the other guy was scum. Iam also did it to Strife when strife said I was the most town player, who we know was town. He is also coaching in his post 17, which seems scummy.
far - always plays very townie, this time I think it's fake.
mirth - seems to have good agression tactics, sometimes goes off half cocked.

At this point, If the deputy has results, I think he/she should claim. I'm truthfully feeling a little lost otherwise....
deputy would only have info when cop dies right? if there is no cop to die doesn't that mean deputy would not have any powers hence no information?
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:01 am

Post by retrowiz »

my quick takes thus far. (considering my 2 biggest suspects died last night)

Farside and Mirth pairing, even thought it has lessened the defending of each other still happened.

Sek: afraid to drop the hammer near deadline..didn't want a lynch to happen? or didn't want to be seen as hammer dropper.

Iam: no read on you at this point. which scares me.
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:53 am

Post by Mirth »

Catching up now:

Retro 182: no, actually to the doctor thing. Doctor doesn't have to protect you regardless of what you claim. Doctor should use own judgment here. (There is only one time when the doctor should ever consider taking town direction or any direction but their own. This would be in a game with more than 3 doctors. See Shrek Mafia in my wiki for that explanation on how that might be helpful.)

Farside 184: I've already answered your comments on Iam you never responded to me about that. As for Sek, I was wrong there and admitted to being so.

Az 185: outting a confirmed innocent day 1 from anything other than absolute necessity is bad bad VERY BAD. Because that confirmed innocent will become the mafia target at night. In fact outting confirmed innocents is horribly bad in general unless there is a pressing need for it. (end game, about to die, think you'll be the nk and it will do more good than harm). also in general, it is actually not true that everyone is trying to pass as vanilla. for scum it is more beneficial to fake claim a power role. Mentioning that you might be the doctor is a horrible horrible horrible play. Doctor speculation is just as bad a cop speculation. Don't do it.

Strife 187: mostly agree. Except for the softclaiming. Never softclaim anything unless you have to.

Farside 191: neither do i.

Sek 197: true. so true. and not just here either.

Farside 195: why Iam if Az is scum?

Retro 197: this doesnt mean you shouldn't try.

Sek 200: this post bothers the hell out of me. Won't drop the hammer but okay with the lynch? the hell?

Az 202: you have absolutely no reason to say who you think is innocent before being lynched. this is bad if you are town. very very bad.

twilight: y'all could have tried to actually use it...

Az is town? wow. Az, maybe you should read mini 617. It's a great guide for newbies on how NOT to play town.

Retro 212: this post bothers me. seems like hes willing to defer to whomever

Iam 213: agreed about the deputy, as that could be two possible confirms right there or a guilty.

Retro 214: please read the rules

As per farside's request:

Retro, though I am not at all sure about this, since it could just be his playstyle.
Sek, for early defense of retro and a couple of choice comment including 200
Farside and Iam are tied since neither strikes me as particularly scummy, maybe because I barely have a read on either.

Retro and Sek are actually kind of even.

That is all. All caught up now. Just have 92 left. will hopefully get to it later today.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:07 am

Post by iamausername »

retrowiz wrote:deputy would only have info when cop dies right? if there is no cop to die doesn't that mean deputy would not have any powers hence no information?
This is correct. A deputy won't have any investigation results, and never will, as we know there's no cop.

The reason I think the deputy should claim is that we get a confirmed innocent if they go uncountered, or we narrow down a 2/5 chance of hitting scum today to 1/2 chance if scum does decide to counter. Either way, it narrows down the search for scum. And that's the only power the deputy will ever have.

If everyone agrees that the deputy should out him/herself, I think we should do it in a popcorn claim style; vote on a person to go first claiming deputy or not deputy, then they pick the next person, and so on until we've all claimed.
sekinj wrote:iam - for agreeing with me about retro. feels like buddying.
Do you think I was buddying with you or retro? Why do you think it was buddying, and not simply a town player agreeing with your eminently reasonable position?
sekinj wrote:Iam also did it to Strife when strife said I was the most town player, who we know was town.
I assume you mean Az, since strife definitely didn't say that. Again, why do you think it was buddying?
sekinj wrote:He is also coaching in his post 17, which seems scummy.
Why? If retro were my scumbuddy, as I assume you are insinuating, don't you think I'd have explained this to him during the night?

I've got a night off tonight, so I'm going to get on with a reread and give you a good ol' PBPA within the next few hours.

Right now I'll say that either Mirth/farside or retro/sekinj seem like more plausible pairings than any other, from what I remember, but I might unearth some evidence to the contrary when I do my reread. I'll get back to you soon.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:32 am

Post by farside22 »

Farside 195: why Iam if Az is scum?
I felt Iam was defending Az more then anyone. If Az had turned up scum I would be looking at Iam more for that interaction.
If everyone agrees that the deputy should out him/herself, I think we should do it in a popcorn claim style; vote on a person to go first claiming deputy or not deputy, then they pick the next person, and so on until we've all claimed.
I think if there was a deputy they would have said something by now. Doing this just seems like a waste of time.

I'm thinking mirth/ iamusername pair (I will have to look at what Mirth stated in regards to her giving him a free pass). Or Sek/ Retro pairing.
I'm leaning more Retro/ Sek at the moment however for a couple of reasons.
1) retro's newbie card play and back and forth wishy washiness.
2) Sek's back and forth play of defending Retro and then voting for him. Feels like someone might be bussing a partner to me.
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:12 am

Post by retrowiz »

@ farside the newbie card?!?!! I mentioned I was a newbie once in the game but not once have I used it at an excuse.
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”