forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

As I haven't been a member of MS long, please explain. Do you mean that you were banking on the fact that no one would have the courage to hammer me?
Yep. More so in this game because of the repercussions of being wrong
Why did you get off the bandwagon right after Farside called you down on it and why did you revote me right after I called you down on it?
Bad timing probably. I was kinda feeling Mirth and you at the same time and was conflicted on where to go. Especially after your post which felt a lot like blatent misrepresentation and made me feel more sure of your scumminess.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by Caboose »

forbiddanlight wrote:

As I haven't been a member of MS long, please explain. Do you mean that you were banking on the fact that no one would have the courage to hammer me?
Why did you get off the bandwagon right after Farside called you down on it and why did you revote me right after I called you down on it?
Bad timing probably. I was kinda feeling Mirth and you at the same time and was conflicted on where to go. Especially after your post which felt a lot like blatent misrepresentation and made me feel
more sure
of your scumminess.
So were you sure that I was scum before my return?
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by Caboose »

*bump*

Come on ppl.
forbiddanlight wrote:

OK.
I wrote: Why did you get off the bandwagon right after Farside called you down on it and why did you revote me right after I called you down on it?
Bad timing probably
. I was kinda feeling Mirth and you at the same time and was conflicted on where to go. Especially after your post which felt a lot like blatent misrepresentation and made me feel more sure of your scumminess.
Please
tell me if I'm misinterpreting this. Are you saying that it was a coincidence?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Please tell me if I'm misinterpreting this. Are you saying that it was a coincidence?
That's exactly what I'm saying. I don't sit around all day waiting for new posts. I occasionally drop by, see a new post, am compelled to respond to it on it's own combined with vague memories of the previous occurances in the thread. So, it could entirely be coincidental because I was considering one or two of the freshest posts and not really thinking of my previous actions.

Nyeh, already answered this, but that's how I play. If I think someone is scum, I present it as certainty and see how they react. So far I'm unimpressed.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by Caboose »

forbiddanlight wrote:

Please tell me if I'm misinterpreting this. Are you saying that it was a coincidence?
That's exactly what I'm saying. I don't sit around all day waiting for new posts. I occasionally drop by, see a new post, am compelled to respond to it on it's own combined with vague memories of the previous occurances in the thread. So, it could entirely be coincidental because I was considering one or two of the freshest posts and not really thinking of my previous actions.

Nyeh, already answered this, but that's how I play. If I think someone is scum, I present it as certainty and see how they react. So far I'm unimpressed.
I'm not trying to impress you.

I'm having some serious doubts about my vote. I know I might take some heat for this and I know that FL
might
be scum, but I'll
unvote FL.

I would like to hear more from SSF and Farside.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm not trying to impress you.

I'm having some serious doubts about my vote. I know I might take some heat for this and I know that FL might be scum, but I'll unvote FL.

I would like to hear more from SSF and Farside.
Actually, I concur with that last part. I also want to hear from mirth so I can flip flop between you two again :P.
-StrangerCoug

Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:49 am

Post by Caboose »

*bumping so that it goes back to the top of the page*
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:15 pm

Post by Mirth »

Hi, I'm back. It might take me a few days to catch up with all my games since I have a large backlog of work to do, but I shall try to get up to date tomorrow. Sorry for the absence and all
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:09 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Hi, I'm back. It might take me a few days to catch up with all my games since I have a large backlog of work to do, but I shall try to get up to date tomorrow. Sorry for the absence and all
ONLY SCUM HAVE LIVES! LYNCH HER NAO!

On a more serious note, take your time. It's nice to see someone besides me and Caboose around.
-StrangerCoug

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:41 am

Post by farside22 »

Geez you people have lives on the weekend. Do I need to post a pic of my 5 month old for people to understand. :P

Let me do so read thru right now.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:45 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Geez you people have lives on the weekend. Do I need to post a pic of my 5 month old for people to understand. Razz
You already did that. It didn't save you then :P.

And I have no life. Haven't I already established that? Seriously, this girl has nothing better to do on a Friday night than play mafia :S.
-StrangerCoug

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:51 am

Post by farside22 »

I don't see what Forbidden stated that has Caboose changing his mind.
Forbidden what I would like from you is an opinion on each player in the game.
For example you have said nothing about SSF (who I get scummy vibes from) So just a quick PBPA on everyone please.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:56 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Nyeh, PBPA's are boring. I'll just put it this way

Caboose may or may not be scummy due to initial actions as well as what I felt was misrepresentation

SSF...I don't have enough data on really. He's fence sitting hard. I could actually see him as being more scummy than Caboose, since it would appear Caboose is at least TRYING to see what pro town worth I have rather than coast for the mislynch

You...I don't have much data on either. You might have a point about Caboose's initial post, but still I don't have enough data to feel either way from you

Mirth, as I've already stated feels like she's trying to find a case and stick on it to mislynch.

Considering this, I think I'll flop to Mirth again
Unvote, vote Mirth

I could also flip to SSF. I'm not clearing Caboose but he feels less scummy than I thought.
-StrangerCoug

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:59 am

Post by farside22 »

forbiddanlight wrote:Nyeh, PBPA's are boring. I'll just put it this way

Caboose may or may not be scummy due to initial actions as well as what I felt was misrepresentation

SSF...I don't have enough data on really. He's fence sitting hard. I could actually see him as being more scummy than Caboose, since it would appear Caboose is at least TRYING to see what pro town worth I have rather than coast for the mislynch

You...I don't have much data on either. You might have a point about Caboose's initial post, but still I don't have enough data to feel either way from you

Mirth, as I've already stated feels like she's trying to find a case and stick on it to mislynch.

Considering this, I think I'll flop to Mirth again
Unvote, vote Mirth

I could also flip to SSF. I'm not clearing Caboose but he feels less scummy than I thought.
That's understandable. It is 5 pages. It just bugs me seeing someone fly under the radar as like SSF is doing.
I know your knee jerk reaction bothers me too. Part of me thinks the way people are ignoring SSF is either they don't realize he is flying under the radar and forget about him or he is scum actively lurking.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by Caboose »

farside22 wrote:I don't see what Forbidden stated that has Caboose changing his mind.
Forbidden what I would like from you is an opinion on each player in the game.
For example you have said nothing about SSF (who I get scummy vibes from) So just a quick PBPA on everyone please.
I get a pro-town vibe from FL's answers. Feel free to criticize my scumdar, though. You won't be the first.

OK, SSF. You're on the spot now.

Vote: somestrangeflea
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by Surye »

Vote Count:
somestrangeflea(1): Caboose
Mirth(1): forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight(1): farside22
Not Voting(2): Mirth, somestrangeflea
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:37 am

Post by Mirth »

I just caught up with my newbie games, just have this and 90 to go. I'll be getting to this after I catch up with 90 (hopefully later this day, possibly tomorrow morning). Sorry for making y'all wait.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:29 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

forbiddanlight wrote:As for the knee jerk point I said something about it I think.
Every post you two have made
has caused me to rethink where my vote is better. I'm well convinced both of you are scum.
I think if the bold were true, you'd've flipflopped much, much more.
forbiddanlight wrote:I occasionally drop by, see a new post, am compelled to respond to it on it's own combined with
vague memories
of the previous occurances in the thread.
Good to know you're keeping track.
forbiddanlight wrote:I also want to hear from mirth so I can flip flop between you two again
Surye -> Caboose -> No-one -> Caboose -> Mirth -> Caboose.
I don't think jumping over then jumping back
once
counts as flipflopping.
forbiddanlight wrote:I don't sit around all day waiting for new posts.
ORLY?
forbiddanlight wrote:And I have no life. Haven't I already established that? Seriously, this girl has nothing better to do on a Friday night than play mafia :S.
NOTE: THIS IS ONLY PARTLY SERIOUS.
forbiddanlight wrote:He's fence sitting hard.
:shock: HOLY SHIT OW.
I'm fencesitting? How so?
farside22 wrote:Part of me thinks the way people are ignoring SSF is either they don't realize he is flying under the radar and forget about him or he is scum actively lurking.
This makes no sense.
Either people don't realize I'm flying under the radar
or
I'm actively lurking scum? That means that my alignment is solely determined by
the amount of people who realize I'm not posting

Besides, active lurking is quite a strong (with a silent "st") accusation. I'm not shying away from discussion, I'm not dodging questions, and I'm providing content, all of which are counter-productive to the entire "active lurking" process.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:40 am

Post by farside22 »

Besides, active lurking is quite a strong (with a silent "st") accusation. I'm not shying away from discussion, I'm not dodging questions, and I'm providing content, all of which are counter-productive to the entire "active lurking" process.
It the fact that you aren't really posting much at all that troubles me with you. I have seen many people forget about those who fly under the radar.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:13 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm providing content, all of which are counter-productive to the entire "active lurking" process.
bullcrap. You kinda stopped providing ANY content after no one was bothering you

I'm fencesitting? How so?
You are pushing me, but not exactly SUUURE...you are pushing Caboose, but aren't exactly suuure. Seems fence sittingish to me

I don't think jumping over then jumping back once counts as flipflopping.
Well, it's what I'm accused of :S.
-StrangerCoug

Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:47 pm

Post by Caboose »

farside22 wrote:
It the fact that you aren't really posting much at all that troubles me with you. I have seen many people forget about those who fly under the radar
I agree. You also throw out accusations without voting. If you're making the argument against FL, why aren't you putting your vote on her?

My vote stands.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:10 am

Post by Mirth »

Okay guys, sorry for how long this took me, catching up with this game now.

SSF 104: Trying to stop yourself from being a target of what exactly? And how? By not really playing and writing off my questions? Saying I wouldn't have attacked doesn't prove anything, but the important thing here is your paranoia, not whether I would have attacked you. Your lack of actually playing is starting to really bother me. "Oh I'm scared I'll say something wrong". What do you have to hide them?

SSF: why do you think Caboose's first posts merited a lynch and why don't you think so now? And where did you get 3/4 from exactly? (Though I agree about FL's knee-jerking.)

Farside 105: what bothers me here is how you're willing to accept Caboose is townie with so few posts. As for not calling SSF out, I call him out on what I think the issue is. You might also notice that I turned off my attack on Caboose when he disappeared and I'm not really attacking you either.

FL 106: except you don't actually have too good of a case on either of us. Your supposed case on me is WIFOM about my playstyle. (Seriously, what was the last game I didn't jump down everyone's throats?) Your case on Caboose is based on 2 posts. These are weak, you admit they're weak, and yet you say you're going to keep pushing them just because you started pushing them in the first place. This is a crap reason. Seriously, step back from the game and actually read it.

FL 108: If you really think I'm the GF then you should be trying to lynch me not vig me. Except you're not really trying (because you don't actually have a case).

FL 112: what do you mean by scummy misrepresentation?

Farside 115: good point here about FL not addressing SSF

FL 121: why are you convinced I'm scum with Caboose exactly? Have you found any actual evidence of this since you started with your finger pointing? You are really starting to frustrate the hell out of me because of your lack of a case. I don't care who you're trying to get killed, even if it is me, but you're "they're scum because I said so" argument is making me want to tear out my hair and scream.

Caboose 124: I believe she's taking issue with the fact that some of us won't just blindly jump on any given wagon to hammer and will actually take the time out to discuss the merits of the wagon.

FL 128: or, if you have such a bad memory, you could always read back. I know we're at a whole six pages and that it would be a mighty task akin to washing out a stable by redirecting a river, but maybe you should give it a try. I've been accusing SSF of being inconsiderate to the game, I think I'll add you to this list. If you don't remember what was said, you could do us the courtesy of a reread instead of continuing to latch onto something on poor grounds like a rabid chihuahua biting a heel.

FL 130: sorry, I was at a funeral, otherwise you definately would have heard from me.

Farside 134: you seem to really enjoy pimping out the baby pictures :P but as for lives, well I don't have a life at the moment due to the training thing I am currently in, but the lack of life takes away from mafia too...

FL 137: "Caboose may or may not be scummy" and yet you spent all this time voting and attacking him for being obvscum. This contradiction bothers me. Agreed about not having data on SSF since he is taking every chance to avoid giving us an opinion. Agreed on no read on Farside. As for me, this is not a case. Considering I could have ridden two bandwagons right now (including your own) I don't see why you think that "I'm trying to find a case" There is a rather good case on you. Yet I am not voting you despite you being the single most scummy person here because I don't want this day to be over yet. This post also bothers me with the "I'm willing to vote any of these 3 people" thing. Clearly the three of us cannot all be scum together. It sounds like *you're* the one blindly groping for a lynch with whichever way the tide is turning.

Farside 138: it's hard to form an opinion of him with his only answer being "if i say something, you'll misinterpret it and mislynch me" it definately rubs me the wrong way but I'd actually like to get some real playing out of him.

Caboose 139: you get a really protown vibe out of her willingness to blow with the wind and her lack of an actual case on anyone?

SSF 142: Not dodging questions? That is an outright lie. You haven't answered mine.

All done. Wee.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:57 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

FL 137: "Caboose may or may not be scummy" and yet you spent all this time voting and attacking him for being obvscum. This contradiction bothers me. Agreed about not having data on SSF since he is taking every chance to avoid giving us an opinion. Agreed on no read on Farside. As for me, this is not a case. Considering I could have ridden two bandwagons right now (including your own) I don't see why you think that "I'm trying to find a case" There is a rather good case on you. Yet I am not voting you despite you being the single most scummy person here because I don't want this day to be over yet. This post also bothers me with the "I'm willing to vote any of these 3 people" thing. Clearly the three of us cannot all be scum together. It sounds like *you're* the one blindly groping for a lynch with whichever way the tide is turning.
Hi. Thanks for the misrepresentation. I'm not CLEARING Caboose but I very clearly have two targets for my vote. And excuse me for deciding to change my mind. I thought tunnel vision was bad? I've already explained I use certainty to pressure several times. And the reason you aren't voting me is more like you don't want to die. Sorry, but the only two people I'm willing to vote right now are you and SSF. Especially you right now since you really are trying to twist my words in an incredibly negative light.
or, if you have such a bad memory, you could always read back. I know we're at a whole six pages and that it would be a mighty task akin to washing out a stable by redirecting a river, but maybe you should give it a try. I've been accusing SSF of being inconsiderate to the game, I think I'll add you to this list. If you don't remember what was said, you could do us the courtesy of a reread instead of continuing to latch onto something on poor grounds like a rabid chihuahua biting a heel.
I never said I precisely had bad memory. If I remember correctly, that post was more along the lines of "I don't reread the game every time I post". The vague memories bit may have been a bit vague but I will make you aware that that does not necessarily mean BAD memory.

FL 112: what do you mean by scummy misrepresentation?
I've corrected several of his posts pertaining to me because they were dead wrong and made me look a lot worse than was the truth. You did the PBPA, it should be obvious.

FL 106: except you don't actually have too good of a case on either of us. Your supposed case on me is WIFOM about my playstyle. (Seriously, what was the last game I didn't jump down everyone's throats?) Your case on Caboose is based on 2 posts. These are weak, you admit they're weak, and yet you say you're going to keep pushing them just because you started pushing them in the first place. This is a crap reason. Seriously, step back from the game and actually read it.
So, wait...first, you want me to not stick with cases because they are weak...but then when I change my mind later on, that's scummy too!? What the hell do you want here?

Caboose 139: you get a really protown vibe out of her willingness to blow with the wind and her lack of an actual case on anyone?
Nah, to be fair, I think I've found the scum. The trick is convincing the town now.
-StrangerCoug

Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:33 am

Post by Mirth »

I want you to find a case of your own for an actually valid reason. By this I mean if you are going to be suspicious of Caboose, suspect him for more than just 2 posts, if you're going to be suspicious of SSF, suspect him for more than just Farside suspecting him, if you're going to suspect me, suspect me for my actions and not a misrepresentation of my playstyle.

As for why I'm not voting you, with your horrible tunnel vision on me you're missing the other possibility. Maybe you're right and I'm not voting you because I'm scum and I don't want to die. Or maybe you're wrong and I'm not voting you because I'm town and I'm not ready for a lynch, especially if it ends up being a mislynch. Unless you are scum you cannot be sure of which it is, yet you proclaim to be sure at every oppurtunity. What is one to think?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:38 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I want you to find a case of your own for an actually valid reason. By this I mean if you are going to be suspicious of Caboose, suspect him for more than just 2 posts, if you're going to be suspicious of SSF, suspect him for more than just Farside suspecting him, if you're going to suspect me, suspect me for my actions and not a misrepresentation of my playstyle.
Well, I am beginning to suspect you for your actions after that PBPA that paints a lot of things completely inaccurately. As for SSF...I kinda did suspect him for reasons beyond farside suspecting him. Are you even reading my posts? As for Caboose, I've dropped that for now, and there's the fact that sometimes 2 posts can be enough to find scum.

Well, like I said, I use certainty to pressure and see how others react. I'm still feeling out your reactions.
-StrangerCoug

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”