Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8075 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:57 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 8072, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 8070, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 8067, petapan wrote:
In post 8062, Deacon Blues wrote:I don't have an answer to your concern. I'm trying to work through this game the way I almost always do. townread/poe.

I don't know who skitter is scum with if she's scum. Is she WKing town-A50? Is she WKing scum-A50?

If we were in the same timeline with Bell, that's who I'd probably be voting, unless somehow a lot more direct interaction changed my mind about him.
okay but i gave anti-alignment reads for skitter on 3 of the other 8 people who started in this thread, take me out, and do you see why i start to get concerned? i do not mind if you think the reasons for seeing people as unpaired is not
valid
but if i am looking at someone and having a hard time seeing potential partners i'm not going to want to vote them. you should recognize me having used this reasoning before.
I wish there were an appropriate punctuation mark to put behind "yeah" to this. I'm not trying to convince you I'm right and I'm not trying to get you to vote with me.

I think your stance on this makes internal sense, and maybe external sense as well.

and you are one of my townreads where I feel like I can actually get something useful in terms of improving my own reads by interacting with you.

that's where you stand with me. I didn't include you in the "not voting today" list because I'm talking to you about other players, but that's where you are.
Can I ask why you think that reasoning that amounts to essentially doing pre-flip associatives from a player who apparently gets "super paranoid and uncertain" in endgame/lategame makes any sense as a reasoning we should be nodding along with?
I think part of the core of all this is how and why his read of you differs from mine. Not THAT my read differs, but WHY it differs, if that makes sense.
They got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #8076 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 8075, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 8062, Deacon Blues wrote:I don't have an answer to your concern. I'm trying to work through this game the way I almost always do. townread/poe.

I don't know who skitter is scum with if she's scum. Is she WKing town-A50? Is she WKing scum-A50?

If we were in the same timeline with Bell, that's who I'd probably be voting, unless somehow a lot more direct interaction changed my mind about him.
okay but i gave anti-alignment reads for skitter on 3 of the other 8 people who started in this thread, take me out, and do you see why i start to get concerned? i do not mind if you think the reasons for seeing people as unpaired is not
valid
but if i am looking at someone and having a hard time seeing potential partners i'm not going to want to vote them. you should recognize me having used this reasoning before.
I wish there were an appropriate punctuation mark to put behind "yeah" to this. I'm not trying to convince you I'm right and I'm not trying to get you to vote with me.

I think your stance on this makes internal sense, and maybe external sense as well.

and you are one of my townreads where I feel like I can actually get something useful in terms of improving my own reads by interacting with you.

that's where you stand with me. I didn't include you in the "not voting today" list because I'm talking to you about other players, but that's where you are.
Can I ask why you think that reasoning that amounts to essentially doing pre-flip associatives from a player who apparently gets "super paranoid and uncertain" in endgame/lategame makes any sense as a reasoning we should be nodding along with?
I think part of the core of all this is how and why his read of you differs from mine. Not THAT my read differs, but WHY it differs, if that makes sense.
So bad but consistently applied by him as town, is what you are saying?

llike internal consistency?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #8077 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by Firebringer »

so how does everyone feel about pooky now?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #8078 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:01 pm

In post 8077, Firebringer wrote:so how does everyone feel about pooky now?
man don't ask me that

I've found scum elsewhere

don't make me dive on pooky again

instead, let me ask you how you feel about Skitter

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #8079 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 8078, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 8077, Firebringer wrote:so how does everyone feel about pooky now?
man don't ask me that

I've found scum elsewhere

don't make me dive on pooky again

instead, let me ask you how you feel about Skitter
i feel skitter or dandellion is scum. and i lost motivation to pursue that avenue. I know ur believe it is a slam dunk case but i have mixed feelings aand would feel really baad about eliminating town skitter
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #8080 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:03 pm

Also Dunn we're not TSing Pooky over.

We're already deadlocked overhere. I see scum in this thread. I'm not TSing anyone who might vote against skitter and crew.

You can have A50 to kill, if you want.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8081 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 8076, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

valid

yeah internal consistency, but getting harder and harder to follow because our world views are diverging.

You became an axis that this game is pivoting on for me. That axis doesn't exist in his view of the gamestate.

I'm not explaining this very well.

One of my problems with having you as an axis is my pooky read.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #8082 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:08 pm

In post 8081, Deacon Blues wrote:

valid

yeah internal consistency, but getting harder and harder to follow because our world views are diverging.

You became an axis that this game is pivoting on for me. That axis doesn't exist in his view of the gamestate.

okay so talk to me about Pooky then. You think they're scum?

I think it looks like I'm the only one who thinks they are town. I'm willing to admit I might be wrong, but I feel reaaaallllllly strongly about that townread. Same way I'm willing to risk my life about skitter scum, you know?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #8083 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:09 pm

Also we can't TS somebody who won't agree to it and I doubt a50 or pooky will agree to that at this stage of the game so....

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #8084 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Id become a tea drinker. But i think i am needed on this side.
Show

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #8085 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:13 pm

In post 8084, Firebringer wrote:Id become a tea drinker. But i think i am needed on this side.
agree that I need your vote. Lot of scum on this side, and if we go down to 9 if there's 4 scum they only need one bad townie to make me sad so

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #8086 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:17 pm

If we're doing that Dunn I want to kill both A50 and Skitter today.

Can we do that?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #8087 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Firebringer »

we can only do that if one would move over. would skitter even agree knowing she would get yeeted doing so? i don't think so
Show

Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8088 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 8082, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 8081, Deacon Blues wrote:

valid

okay so talk to me about Pooky then. You think they're scum?

I think it looks like I'm the only one who thinks they are town. I'm willing to admit I might be wrong, but I feel reaaaallllllly strongly about that townread. Same way I'm willing to risk my life about skitter scum, you know?
I still hate everything about how day 1 went down after pooky showed up especially given how he'd been playing in the forwards thread prior. It was so frustrating even getting posts through during that hour and there's some residual pissed-offness about it.

There's the question of whether scum-pooky would even make a night kill after that. On the one hand if he were implicated in the kill at least at the time it seems like it would have been considered an acceptable loss if he's scum, but if there were a roleblocker on this side he would have been an obvious block choice in my simplistic world.

He looked fatalistic to me prior to your reaction test, and he bounced back with a lot of pep and what I interpret as snark after the reaction test.

None of that feels 100% scum, but I'm still suspicious of him, anyway. There's what I feel about the game and players as informed by setup knowledge/spec and there's what I feel about individual players without the spec. My pooky read is in the latter bucket along with mwb and firebringer (3 reads clear of setup spec, not 3 scumreads).
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #8089 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:33 pm

For my perspective, I would have you turnstyle Annie Edison over, yeet Skitter and Turnstyle A50 back to you.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8090 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:33 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 8087, Firebringer wrote:we can only do that if one would move over. would skitter even agree knowing she would get yeeted doing so? i don't think so
She'd be in the same thread with her arch scumread(s) and in the timestream where if she IS a town watcher, she could use the ability tonight if she gets more traction there than she has here.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #8091 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:34 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 8088, Deacon Blues wrote:My pooky read is in the latter bucket along with mwb and firebringer
i am personally offended that i didn't get a special bucket of my own.
Show

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8092 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:34 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8083, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Also we can't TS somebody who won't agree to it and I doubt a50 or pooky will agree to that at this stage of the game so....
Why wouldn't I? It makes no difference to me since my role works on both sides. The only difference is that I'd get my own report too.

Come to think of it, being with Annie in the same thread is +ve bc even if either if us get shot the other still gets a final report.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #8093 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by Firebringer »

okay i am good with sending skitter over.
UNVOTE: turnstile: skitter
this way i don't feel bad for kiilling town her.

the downside is i don't get any credit for killing scum her either tho.
Show

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8094 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8089, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:For my perspective, I would have you turnstyle Annie Edison over, yeet Skitter and Turnstyle A50 back to you.
Are you for real? WHY would I and Annie want to be kept apart?

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #8095 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:42 pm

In post 8094, Almost50 wrote:
In post 8089, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:For my perspective, I would have you turnstyle Annie Edison over, yeet Skitter and Turnstyle A50 back to you.
you are dying today in this plan, I'm not sure when you think you're gonna get to use that role

lol

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #8096 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:42 pm

In post 8093, Firebringer wrote:okay i am good with sending skitter over.
UNVOTE: turnstile: skitter
this way i don't feel bad for kiilling town her.

the downside is i don't get any credit for killing scum her either tho.
no no

I want a50 over there skitter over here.

I want her blood
on my hands

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #8097 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:42 pm

Plus a50 way less likely to talk his way out of it than skitter, lol

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #8098 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by Firebringer »

why would a50 agree to move?
Show

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8099 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8095, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 8094, Almost50 wrote:
you are dying today in this plan, I'm not sure when you think you're gonna get to use that role

lol
I am not dying today though. (Maybe "tonight", but not "today")

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”