Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:31 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Tbh I can't really see Reborn being scum.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:32 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Xtoxm wrote:Tbh I can't really see Reborn being scum.
Your opinions change with the wind. :wink:
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:46 am

Post by reborn537 »

elvis_knits wrote:
reborn537 wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:reborn should also stop kissing STD's a**.
QFT
So why have you been doing it?

I notice he replaced into the game being very against you. At a certain point you stopped arguing and started kissing his booty. Buddying up?
I'm not kissing his "booty". I'm just very conscious that this town is full of madmen and whenever someone comes along and says something logical, correct or sensible my heart is filled with joy. Lately STD hasn't been around though seemingly, so I guess GW and RF have taken over.

See this is the difference between us Xtoxm - when people disagree with me, I think they're wrong. When people disagree with you, you think they're scum. Although, I suppose that would sort of make sense if you were town because you would think that it would be pro-town to agree with a townie...
The quick-hammer is no longer scummy. I'm taking it back.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:47 am

Post by reborn537 »

elvis_knits wrote:
So you think KMD is scum then?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:48 am

Post by Xtoxm »

That is a direct lie.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:49 am

Post by reborn537 »

Xtoxm wrote:That is a direct lie.
Which one?
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:53 am

Post by reborn537 »

I think you need to be more wary than this. You at least need to be open to the possibility that KMD and myself are both scum.

A scum inventor just doesn't work though. Think about it - why would I give my inventions away for people to use. Unless it was like a nerfed anti-miller.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:54 am

Post by Xtoxm »

elvis_knits wrote:
I admit that i'm struggling to find any scum this game, but i've got a few very strong town reads.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:54 am

Post by Xtoxm »

When people disagree with you, you think they're scum.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Xtoxm »

reborn537 wrote:
I think you need to be more wary than this. You at least need to be open to the possibility that KMD and myself are both scum.

A scum inventor just doesn't work though. Think about it - why would I give my inventions away for people to use. Unless it was like a nerfed anti-miller.
I didn't say Kmd. I said you. And it is mainly on the way you have acted.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:05 am

Post by reborn537 »

You thought I was scum not so long ago.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Xtoxm »

You've done some silly things, and annoyed me at times, but I don't think you're scum.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:16 am

Post by RestFermata »

If LF is going to say who he has confirmed by the end of the day anyway, what's the difference? If it'll happen before night, the scum can NK the cleared person anyway. I just think it'll be easier to figure out who has genuine motives. I really think it could aid in the scumhunting to reveal this information. But whatever. If you guys think it'll help scum somehow, then so be it.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:40 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Xtoxm wrote:
ok I dont think xtoxm is scum! how many times do I have to say it? I have seen many games where town people do stupid things- I think that's what he is doing. I don't like what he's done- I dont agree with it- but I don't think he's scum. As for LF, I was the first to vote for him- how is that hopping on a bandwagon? and as for dalt why is it wrong to vote for someone who is being bandwagoned when you agree that their behavior is scummy?
alright guys you know what? I don't know what else to sat because I'm just gonna end up repeating myself over and over if I attempt to defend myself and I'm sick of being attacked. I am bonny, one half of a lover pair. I won't tell who my lover is- if he wants to announce it he can but if you lynch either one of us, the other dies as well.
How
do you percieve that as the words of a scum?
1st post: She flat out says that she doesn't like the way you are playing but she WILL NOT call you scum for it. Why would she be so sure that you are town? Either she is fighting for her own life like you are now or she knows that you aren't scum which she could only know as scum. If she was still in this game, I'd ask her the same question I asked you, "why so sure that your lover is town?"

2nd post: That is a VERY early claim. It was not needed. Scum are often anxious to use a safe claim (in general, not here) or to use something like mason or lover to hide behind and ride through the game with everyone knowing that they have this role and probably aren't scum.

Xtoxm, I still don't see why you get this town read.
Agreed.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:42 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I believe she was under the same false impression as I was at the start that we were confirmed town to each other (I later cleared this up with the mod).

She's claimed early as town before.

Check her out in PYP3. She claimed cop on day 1, under very little pressure, cop dead N1.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:49 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Xtoxm wrote:I believe she was under the same false impression as I was at the start that we were confirmed town to each other (I later cleared this up with the mod).

Check her out in PYP3. She claimed cop on day 1, under very little pressure, cop dead N1.
Not a smart claim in that game but different reason.
She claimed because she was going on vacation and knew that everyone would expect a claim when she was closer to being lynched.
She was worried about not being around for that and claimed.
I still don't agree with that but it's a different situation than this one.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:51 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Xtoxm wrote:I believe she was under the same false impression as I was at the start that we were confirmed town to each other (I later cleared this up with the mod).

This is why if there is lover scum its probally xtoxm, mixed with a few things I know. There is a low enough chance at lover scum though right now to hold of lynching them for at least a day. They really shouldnt be getting looked at right now, people like GW, RF, Dragon and even Kloud/EK are better.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:42 am

Post by reborn537 »

LlamaFluff wrote:This is why if there is lover scum its probally xtoxm, mixed with a few things I know. There is a low enough chance at lover scum though right now to hold of lynching them for at least a day. They really shouldnt be getting looked at right now, people like GW, RF, Dragon and even Kloud/EK are better.
You can't do that. You can't say you're not going to tell us your info and then just hint at it.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:53 am

Post by GhostWriter »

LlamaFluff wrote:I am becoming increasingly sure of a GW/RF/Dragon scum setup. I should have stuff up on GW soon who is the most obvious of the trio
I expect this the next time you post.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

These might be slightly out of order, forgive me :P I should be working right now, but I'm putting it off. A bit of this is stream of consciousness, so if I seem a little waffly on the whole reveal/no reveal issue, it's cuz I'm still debating it in my mind.
elvis_knits wrote:If LF confirms someone it could mean they get killed by mafia sooner...

But if LF dies before revealing his innocent, then his investigation is lost. Which is much worse, IMO.
EK's quote looks like she's on the fence, not trying to take a side. Subtly, she's asking for the information to be revealed (by suggesting that it's worse if the person dies). I don't like how she did the post.
reborn537 wrote:Is it.. because... Bonnie is pregnant so if she dies her baby dies with her and you are a massive paedo so... right... I don't understand the other way around though.
Can we please not speculate about this? I like not having nightmares.
Xtoxm wrote:
It is a problem. The third scum is keeping an extremely low profile or just playing really pro-town.
This also makes me suspect STD further because he is the one in this game I consider most capable of doing something like this.
*facepalm*
reborn537 wrote: The reason there are similarities in the lists is because there are certain people who we're not looking to lynch - LF, myself, kmd (look at him again tomorrow), and you. That doesn't leave too many candidates so the lists are going to be down to personal opinion and will have some overlap.
This leaves us with:

STD
Xtoxm
Rock
Kloud
EK
RF
GW

Since you've disproven your meta by keeping EK alive (this is not to say that lynching EK would be a good thing, or that I would want to) I don't see how you can use the argument she's pro-town because she claimed vanilla townie. If she's scum, then hello, she's still around, and claiming vanilla townie clearly was a safe option to take. I think there are other reasons that suggest EK is pro-town, but I do not want to see the first reason anymore.

I know I'm town, my role PM says so.

The lovers are, in my opinion, most likely to be 1 scum and 1 town. I'm not sure on my stance of when to lynch them.

With those four gone, I have Kloud, RF, and GW, with at least one of those being town, but at the moment, I cannot decipher which one.

That said, I do not think we should be playing an elimination game, because when we push the scum aside and get comfortable with them, then we lose. I am currently not suspicious of a claimed power role (or KMD), but I will continually question them.
reborn537 wrote: I call this OMGUS once-removed.
*shakes head*
reborn537 wrote: If you're scum this could be interesting because you're protecting the claimed power roles for no reason. Makes me think you could be scum with Llama.
Scum would like nothing more than this information. But so do town. It helps both. I see this as a null tell.

But I do think that the information should be revealed sooner than later, if it is to be revealed at all. It makes no sense to say "I'm going to reveal this towards the end of the day" because

1. The scum/town can't react to it any differently
2. You don't know how or when the day will end
3. More info out in the open means more discussion about it

If the benefits to town outweigh the benefits to scum, then reveal info. If they don't, or if you feel they'll be better revealed at a later time and that you'll survive until said time, then keep it secret.
Xtoxm wrote: No, you could be a scum Inventor.
Very unlikely. Possible, but I don't see it.
Kmd4390 wrote:IG should NOT be telling us who he is protecting. We have no reason to know.
QFT
Kmd4390 wrote: Llama should NOT tell us who is confirmed yet. The scum will want to NK some one who we aren't going to lynch. The scum gain more from knowing this than we do at this point. If llama or his confirmed town are about to be lynched, that is when he should tell us his information.
If Llama dies in the night, his investigation dies with him. I think if we think that Llama will die, he should reveal, but if we suspect that he can make it, then he can hide it for now.

I think the town gain more from knowing this. All it does is gives scum another target to sift through. They've already lost a kill last night, so they're going to be frantically targeting the power roles and praying they can hit them before they're utterly hosed. A confirmed innocent may not pique their interests at this point.

However...it does give any protective roles another target to try and protect. Hmmmm...I don't know. It's up to LF if he wants to give away this info.
Kmd4390 wrote:As I said already, llama can let us know if we are about to mislynch this person.
Hmm. This is probably the best course of action, although I'm not convinced that the town is hindered as much as you say if LF comes out with it right away.
elvis_knits wrote: All in all, I think we really need to get into the habit of making cases (sorry xtoxm :razz:). Otherwise it's too easy for scum to throw BS around and confuse us. I am going to go write a post on my thoughts on some people, with hopefully some meatiness. Mmm, meaty.
QFT, except for the meat part.

8-) Vegetarian here.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:42 am

Post by RestFermata »

These are my thoughts on people now:

Rock - No idea what to think. His flake-out makes it tough. I found BG scummy and I think it's interesting that Xtoxm didn't at all. Another thing I don't understand is that Xtoxm's "pregame talk" with BG somehow ended up convincing him she was town. What could they possibly talk about pregame that could clear anyone? The game hadn't even started yet. I'm not by any means asking him to share what happened if it'd be detrimental to the town somehow, but I really don't understand. Slight scum read

StD - I found his predecessor kind of obnoxious and lurky. StD himself brings up some great points, but somehow it wouldn't surprise me if he were scum or town. I can't think of anything in particular he's said that bothers me, but like I said earlier, he makes me uneasy in general. Neutral read

E_K - I could totally see scum claiming vanilla in this case, especially after so many power roles had already claimed. And if scum do have safeclaims and their safeclaim is vanilla, well, that makes it all the more likely. As long as someone can successfully clear him or herself by claiming vanilla, as E_K has, it's a plausible scum strategy. I don't see a lot of scumminess in her posts lately, but I don't think we should be content to let her off the hook just for claiming vanilla. Slight town read

GW - I always associate Kloud and GW with one another for some reason, probably just because their avatars are similar. I agree with a lot of things that GW says. I have thought he was pretty reasonable throughout the game and will be interested in seeing Llama's case on him. I know saying that I find him town is probably going to make it into LF's "RF is one of GW's scumbuddies" explanation but honestly I've thought of him as one of the most active scumhunters throughout the game. Town read

IG - I believe the bodyguard claim. I didn't like him through most of the game but now I'm not that suspicious of him anymore. Town read

Kloud - Really, really, wordy. Kind of wishy-washy at times, especially with the whole goborage pseudo-claim madness. First he sounded like he agreed with me, then acted like the whole ordeal was ridiculous when it kind of went down the tubes. Still seems to be making a legit effort in my opinion, but I'd say he's probably a little more likely to be scum than GW, whom I CAN'T STOP ASSOCIATING HIM WITH. Slight town read

Kmd - I have had a town read on him throughout the game. I think it's interesting, though, that he thinks I'm scummy even though I am at least partially responsible for getting him the invention he received last night. I mean, I may be spilling wine all over myself right now, but if he knows he's town why on earth would he think scum would not think it was worth it to suggest scum to receive reborn's invention. The possible gain, misleading the entire town for at least a couple of nights, would be just too great to pass on. The only advantage as scum to picking someone I know is town would be to try and clear myself...in the eyes of one person only. It's easy enough to play the fool if the person I picked turns out scum. I don't expect myself to be 100% cleared in his eyes just because of that, but on the scummiest list? I think that's kind of strange. So now instead of a strong town read, it's a slight town read on Kmd.

LF - I believe his claim and think he's town, but a little boisterous and overconfident. He was wrong about "lynch TT scum." (As we all were!) And now he's acting so suspenseful. I would really like to hear his case on GW, StD and I, especially StD since I have such a neutral read on him. Stop driving us mad. If you have a bombshell argument that'd be great because mostly I'm kind of feeling around in the dark in this game. Town read

reborn - I believe the claim and now have a town read on him. I don't really have much else to say. I don't always agree with his playstyle but I don't see it as scummy anymore. Now that I know he isn't SK, I don't see much that pins him as mafia. Town read

Xtoxm - Oh, Xtoxm. I'd say he's the more likely of the lover pair to be town, even though he
is
Herbert. Yuck! He's pretty brash sometimes and changes his mind quite a bit but honestly I think it's genuine. Town read

RF - I don't think I have to reiterate that I'm sure she's town. ;)

So that makes 6 town reads (including myself), 3 slight town reads, 1 neutral read, and 1 slight scum read. That means I am wrong about at least one person whom I have a slight or full town read on. So I suck.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:53 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I'm having the exact same problem RF. So i'm looking at some of my less stronger town reads.
Very unlikely. Possible, but I don't see it.
Yeh, I was just keeping all the possibilities open, not saying I thought it.

And guys, look at how many people are supporting the "1 scum 1 town" theory on lovers.

RF, I can paraphrase our pregame chat if you like. There's not much of it. It's just that and how she acted really look to me like (as I keep saying) town who thinks i'm town.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:57 am

Post by RestFermata »

I think it's a little odd that LF is specifically noting people he think should not be even looked at. Shouldn't EVERYONE be looked at? Isn't this a game of Mafia, or am I in the wrong place?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:58 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I think what he means is we shouldn't be considering them for today's lynch, not that we should ggive them a free ride for the rest of the game.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:02 am

Post by RestFermata »

Well obviously not THAT far, but it almost seems like he's saying "Listen to what *I* have to say. Ignore everything else."

And then he says, "I'll present my awesome case later though ;)"

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”