Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6900 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:28 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 6894, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 6892, petapan wrote:no i don't pooky

are you sure you want to tell me this read
its cuz you haven't bussed any scummates yet :3

so either you're green or you have to be scum with exactly Cabd/Fiery because those are the only 2 people you wouldn't bus in this player list.
lol

i mean i swept that game with midwaybear even though he's super bussable. although i did set up the possibility of bussing him all game if i needed to. in general when i've bussed it's because i felt like i had to, not because i wanted to

tbh if i was scum i'd have set myself on the 2 side of a 2v4 split because i'd feel like i'd be able to carry a side with less support
free crypto
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #6901 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:29 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 6898, Deacon Blues wrote:also was in xeno in a hydra with prism
dude i had to go look that up

it is so recent

okay my dissociation is being very bad today

uh... didn't we do fine in Xeno?

IDK
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6902 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:29 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 6899, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:isn't that the person I thought was scum and then became innocent child and worked with for the rest of the game, lol
yep and i leaned too hard into taunting you for scumreading me in that game
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6903 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:30 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 6901, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

it is so recent

IDK
i did jump on flavor leaf's stupid lolwagon on you and you yelled at me for it, i deserved it because my reads were ass that game tbh
free crypto
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #6904 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:31 pm

In post 6902, petapan wrote:
In post 6899, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:isn't that the person I thought was scum and then became innocent child and worked with for the rest of the game, lol
yep and i leaned too hard into taunting you for scumreading me in that game
oh ye you did

so wait is this just a you problem where you taunt me because i read you as scum and then i get upset?

am i doing something wrong? >.>

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #6905 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:31 pm

In post 6903, petapan wrote:
In post 6901, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

it is so recent

IDK
i did jump on flavor leaf's stupid lolwagon on you and you yelled at me for it, i deserved it because my reads were ass that game tbh

oh uh

hmmm

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #6906 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:31 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

its probly peta's fault
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6907 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:33 pm

Post by petapan »

in terms of etiquette? i don't think you're crossing any lines. it's my bad.

if you're town you need to learn to read me but that's not a personal failing of any sort obv
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6908 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:35 pm

Post by petapan »

and if you're town obviously i can't read you for shit either
free crypto
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #6909 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:39 pm

In post 6908, petapan wrote:and if you're town obviously i can't read you for shit either
mmmm

=/

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6910 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:41 pm

Post by petapan »

yeah idk i'm calling it a night let's talk another day
free crypto
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #6911 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:44 pm

ye

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6912 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:37 pm

Post by Firebringer »

POOOOOKKKKKYYYYY
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #6913 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:45 pm

FIRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEBRINGGGGGGEEEEEEEER
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6914 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:18 am

Post by Firebringer »

I went to get a drink are u still here pooky. R u ready to solve this game
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6915 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:40 am

Post by petapan »

i spent the night looking at old cakez theme games and thinking we're fucked but it made me think about things

fire do you have a role that works in the other timestream or not
free crypto
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6916 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:54 am

Post by SirCakez »

Elimination Votecount 5.18

LadyLambdadelta (3) - Spiffeh, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Petapan (3) - Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

skitter30 (2) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

PookyTheMagicalBear (2) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Spiffeh (2) - Spiffeh, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Almost50 (1) - Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Firebringer (1) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Deacon Blues (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Dandelion Wine (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

midwaybear (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

(expired on 2021-01-16 22:32:00) remain until day end

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 to reach a majority.

Spoiler: Turnstile
Turnstile Votecount 5.18

skitter30 (2) - Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Petapan (2) - Spiffeh, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Spiffeh (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Almost50 (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Deacon Blues (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Dandelion Wine (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

midwaybear (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Firebringer (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

LadyLambdadelta (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

PookyTheMagicalBear (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Spoiler: Purple Room
Purple Room Votecount 5.18

Spiffeh (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Almost50 (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Petapan (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Firebringer (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

LadyLambdadelta (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

skitter30 (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

PookyTheMagicalBear (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6917 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:04 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

confirming that Dunn neighborized us last night.
They got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #6918 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:28 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 6678, skitter30 wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 5166, skitter30 wrote:
In post 5160, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 5153, skitter30 wrote:
In post 5149, Deacon Blues wrote:What was your A50 read coming into this convo?
hard null
And now?
need to interact with him some more + knowing what prompted the initial townread would be helpful. holding off for a bit
In post 5169, skitter30 wrote:
In post 5167, Deacon Blues wrote:And you think giving him an indefinite amount of time to scour your iso for good posts to call townread will be helpful in a bit?
this doesn't even make sense with how you're reading me and him but whatever

he's p good at reading me, and i wanna see if the posts he pulls out are ones that actually make sense for him (in particular) to townread me off of
like if he pulls out ones that i think he would actually townread me off (i.e. as opposed to generically town ones), than i probably end up townreading him
In post 5177, skitter30 wrote:
In post 5170, Deacon Blues wrote:And thought about what town-me would want out of the interaction.

I don't know your past encounters or how you'd find each other as town, though.

from a generic town v unknown perspective it looked rather trusting.
we have loads of (not super recent) experience together; like at least 15 games. but i havne't been as active in 2020 and i dont' think he's played much at all in like a year.
i used to be able to townread him correctly off of like 3 posts; i used to have a whole writeup to get people to believe me when i locktowned him after he posted like twice. i'm getting like nothing off of him here tho. idk if that's indicative of his playstyle changing upon coming back, or if it's scum indicative of him. i need to get a better sense for what he's actually thinking of here and why and i don't have that yet.
he used to not read me as easily so seeing what's actually prompting the townread on me would be helpful and would help a lot in sorting him and i think woudl give me the insight i need into how he's approaching this game, which in turn should help me read him
In post 5186, skitter30 wrote:
In post 5180, Deacon Blues wrote:and I feel like if your concerns were genuine you wouldn't want to give him a whole lot of time to find the post or posts that generated the townread.

maybe pressuring players in the moment isn't part of your repertoire?

Someone here or in the other thread can probably opine about that.
i mean he'll either be able to pull up the right posts or not, it's kinda binary, and i don't think a time limit will help or make me think the read is more 'real'

like if he's scum having a long time to pour over my iso probably won't help that much; he'll either have a good reason for townreading me or not and i don't think that having time is going to change that
In post 5299, Almost50 wrote:
In post 5147, skitter30 wrote:
In post 5144, Almost50 wrote:
In post 5130, skitter30 wrote:sorry, a50 did you answer: is your read on me largely from my claim or is it also cuz of play?
I said it was your earlier posts BEFORE you claimed. I missed the claim. I had no idea you claimed later on. I had a TR on you when I stopped reading this thread. HOWEVER, your claim was believable to me (I really can't tell if the claim strengthened the TR or if the TR was the reason I believed the claim)
ah ok thanks. as a followup i'd want to know which posts prompted the townread at some point - dont' feel like you need to do this rn, i know this game is big and my iso is long, but i would like this at some point :)
I'll see what I can do.

this was the same reason I TR'd Spiffeh (and first hint you were some sort of a PR). Scum do NOT want to bring attention unto themselves by suggesting they want to be turnstiled this early. (I would expect them to either lay low about it until it's brought up as a discussion subject and then declaring they "don't mind" being turnstiled, or waiting for someone else to actually suggest they should be turnstiled, or even have another Scum buddy propose it if no townie does it)

This came right next to the above. Your confusion about how the voting works in this timeline earned you town points (as opposed to -say- you asking first, which
could
have been faked)

is an amendment to the previous point. Scum you would have probably pretended not to understand the multi-voting concept either. Your behaviour around this whole thing made me believe you are legit confused and not faking it (scum you would have made sure to ask in the scum PT and to discuss with your scum buddies beforehand too)

Also, you having your own reads on the other thread and being willing to defend them contributed, as scum!you would have been a bit too nervous and more focused on establishing your own "town image" in your own timeline.

This one sealed it. I stopped worrying about you after this. If the turnstile plan was proposed/promoted by your team, you would have probably been against it
because
of using the turnstile as a second elim. I don't see how you would be OK (not completely as you still cald it a wild goose chase, but still at ease) after the idea of using the turnstile as a second eviction tool idea was proposed.

Now if it was proposed/promoted by town (and scum!you would know where it originated) you would have used it to your benefit by shading the people wjo were promoting it.

Oh, and on top of it all: I have never seen Scum!you being wagoned hard on D1. Granted I only saw you play scum in a game or two, but I was your TM2019 team member, so I probably would have seen through your effort to "obv!town" which -in result- never gets you under pressure that early.

@spiffeh i think the above adequately explains my a50 read
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6919 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:17 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

breaking my "i don't post during work hours rule" to remark that i think those are all pretty crap reasons to townread skitter and makes me feel worse about both a50 and skitter

-b
They got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #6920 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:20 am

Post by skitter30 »

Bork you're missing like three years of context on that read.
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6921 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:43 am

Post by Spiffeh »

@mod work is annoying this week V/LA til Friday 1/8

skitter I appreciate your A50 post. It looks like a lot of the reason you're townreading him is because he handled you in a manner that you think comes from town!A50, which is understandable because I find it easiest to get reads on people through their interactions with me. I also think the long A50 post at the end doesn't look bad and in a vacuum I would townread that.

However, I think in the posts you quoted above talking to Deacon about your A50 read that you telegraphed pretty hard how you were going to approach reading him. Do you think it's possible he was aware of this and, given your history, knew exactly what to say and how to approach you to get you to town read him?

What specifically in that post makes it more likely to come from town!A50 than scum!A50 given your experience with him?

Additionally, how do you view his inactivity and lack of engagement here? Is that something that has been alignment indicative of him in the past?
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #6922 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:46 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Has midwaybear given any reason to be townread in previous days?

Cuz I'm not feeling it from what I've read from him today and it seems like he's not even in consideration?
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #6923 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:48 am

Peta says our second favorite bear is very very town
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #6924 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:49 am