Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Well, tbh it's pretty much the same reasons you just mentioned, along with the fact that i'm struggling to name enough people I find scummy enough to call scum.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Xtoxm wrote:EK keeps popping up in these scum lists.

What did you think of the way she acted around her claim?

And why would she claim VT?
It's the standard mafia claim. She would claim vanilla townie for fear of being counter-claimed in a roleclaim. Two good choices for an uncommon fake-claim would include JOAT, Inventor and Bodyguard, which shows the scum that there could be anything in this game and so not to hedge their bets.

Your WIFOM defense of her claim is what really threw me about you. When you get someone to the point where they are forced to claim because they are so scummy, why do you stop when they claim vanilla. If Battle Mage or Thok had been in this game I swear to god they wouldn't have stood for what happened.
The quick-hammer is no longer scummy. I'm taking it back.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Xtoxm wrote:Well, tbh it's pretty much the same reasons you just mentioned, along with the fact that i'm struggling to name enough people I find scummy enough to call scum.
It is a problem. The third scum is keeping an extremely low profile or just playing really pro-town.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

EK is mostly because of her predecessor, along with my lack of other targets. That list is everyone that I feel is not in the town view. The only exception are you lovers, who I've already said I'm going to list as town for now. You're on the list because I think it's more likely that at least one of you is mafia, as opposed to both of you being town.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:26 pm

Post by reborn537 »

reborn537 wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:Well, tbh it's pretty much the same reasons you just mentioned, along with the fact that i'm struggling to name enough people I find scummy enough to call scum.
It is a problem. The third scum is keeping an extremely low profile or just playing really pro-town.
Or has come up with some super awesome fake claim. Or is kmd. But we shouldn't lynch kmd today because he has a special one shot ability now.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

reborn537 wrote:
reborn537 wrote:
Or has come up with some super awesome fake claim. Or is kmd. But we shouldn't lynch kmd today because he has a special one shot ability now.
Quit hinting at things we cannot know. It's mean.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Well, that's one of the things that makes it more likely she's town imo.

VT claims basically always get lynched. Such turnarounds as this are rare. Although, admittedly it is possible she's scum. But if a scum is going down like that, rather than just claim VT and die, it's usually better to claim a power, and try to get countered, so as to out the town's powerroles to your buddies. I've done it before. And if you don't get countered, than you can just surf on the claim for a while...VT claim just means death.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by reborn537 »

GhostWriter wrote:
reborn537 wrote:
reborn537 wrote:
Quit hinting at things we cannot know. It's mean.
I don't know what it does either. But I've told you what it's called.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Xtoxm wrote:Well, that's one of the things that makes it more likely she's town imo.

VT claims basically always get lynched. Such turnarounds as this are rare. Although, admittedly it is possible she's scum. But if a scum is going down like that, rather than just claim VT and die, it's usually better to claim a power, and try to get countered, so as to out the town's powerroles to your buddies. I've done it before. And if you don't get countered, than you can just surf on the claim for a while...VT claim just means death.
It doesn't though, because once in a while people turn around and do things like you are doing now. This is not a defense. It is pure WIFOM of the bad variety and we shouldn't pay attention to it.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Gah.
Unvote
. He's convincing me again.

I'm starting to think maybe an STD wagon is a good place to go.
This also makes me suspect STD further because he is the one in this game I consider most capable of doing something like this.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Hmm. I know LF doesn't want directing (understandably) but I think vigging someone tonight would be a good option. If he gets a kill through it basically confirms him as town. I know it's not foolproof...
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Xtoxm wrote:This also makes me suspect STD further because he is the one in this game I consider most capable of doing something like this.
I regret saying this now. "Too townie" is a fallacy, and that is what you are accusing STD of being. It is plausible that he could be scum playing a great game, but he could also be town playing a great game, and therefore we can't lynch him right now.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I'm not using the "Too Townie" argument, and I understand that it is a fallacy.

But the thing is i'm finding almost everyong to look town. So I have to turn to who I think would be able to best pull off a convinced town look as scum.

And STD isn't one of the one's i'm finding really town anyway.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

I never thought I would need the IC "too townie" speach in this game. Dont make me bust it out. I really think that GW is a better wagon then dragon. I have my suspicions about him, but it nothing like what I have regarding GW right now. I will do a vig kill if you want me to visually prove my role though eventually. Right now I am sticking to random actions untill dead town outnumber dead scum by three.

Basically yeah I still cant vote. I need you guys to be killing GW for me.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Xtoxm wrote:And STD isn't one of the one's i'm finding really town anyway.
You've just contradicted yourself
Xtoxm wrote:
Reborn537 wrote:It is a problem. The third scum is keeping an extremely low profile or just playing really pro-town.
This also makes me suspect STD further because he is the one in this game I consider most capable of doing something like this.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by reborn537 »

LlamaFluff wrote:Basically yeah I still cant vote. I need you guys to be killing GW for me.
You want my vote you're going to have to give a case.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

LF, like I said, i'm not using "Too Townie".

LF, I really think you need to gain your vote tonight. Unless we lynch a scum, that is.

Because if we lynch a townie, and we get killed, that brings the game to 8 people...Oh wait. That still works, actually. Unless your random vigs a townie...But you control who you target anyway...So hmm, maybe you can wait until N3. I dunno. See how it goes, I guess.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

What is it with you and cases?!
You've just contradicted yourself
It seems I have a bit, to an extent. I will try to explain myself better. Basically i'm not finding him directly scummy, my read of him would be a slight town read, if you get me. And thus onto my argument, as scum I can see he convincingly looking townie. He's not one of the one's i'm finding really town, but I wouldn't be calling him scum, on reads, basically.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:50 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Xtoxm wrote:
What is it with you and cases?!
Jeez, I'm so sorry I like to base lynches on reasoning on sense rather than just picking someone at random...
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by reborn537 »

reasoning and sense*
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Going to bed now. I think we've made a good start to day 2.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:22 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Yeh, I agree. Although i'm worried some of our players will start struggling to keep up with the games ever increasining pace.

Goodnight.
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by Inspector Godot »

Ok, I'm not giving out my night action. Something that stuck out to me:
reborn537 wrote:To expand - finding out IG's target could tell us who the mafia are looking to kill, and then we can begin to explore our motives. I much prefer the psycological and logical side of the game rather than just guessing and almost handicapping ourselves by not revealing the info.
How is finding out my target going to tell us who the mafia are looking to kill? If I was a doctor then fair enough, because there was no kill, but I'm a bodyguard. If I die it's either because I picked the right person or the mafia wanted me dead.

It's interesting to see the similarities these lists of 3 have.
Wins/Losses
Town: 0/1
Scum: 0/0
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

reborn537 wrote:
reborn537 wrote:
If you really thought I was scum, why would you want me to have a one shot ability?
Don't use this reasoning later on if you give something to scum without realizing it.
Xtoxm wrote:I'm starting to think maybe an STD wagon is a good place to go.
There is no case on STD yet though. A gut feeling is enough that you could look into a person more but not enough to call a wagon on that person a good one.
Xtoxm wrote: What is it with you and cases?!
See above. ^^^
Inspector Godot wrote: It's interesting to see the similarities these lists of 3 have.
I agree. Kloud and STD showed up on mine, reborn's, and Xtoxm's.

Rock is still scum though.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by RestFermata »

Xtoxm wrote:And thus onto my argument, as scum I can see he convincingly looking townie. He's not one of the one's i'm finding really town, but I wouldn't be calling him scum, on reads, basically.
That's exactly what I think of him. I'm afraid that if he
is
scum, I'll never be able to pin it for sure because he's such a good player. Unfortunately if he ended up a mislynch it could be a huge loss for the town in brainpower. I don't think an StD lynch is a good idea just yet. It's too much of a shot in the dark.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”