Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:54 am

Post by Talitha »

I'm still prefering nonny. But I'm thinking the scum are probably nonny/werebear/logic.

(Damn the lack of hours in a day... I need to finish my read-over :evil: )

armlx should put a votecount on every page votecount

nonny-3 (Adel, Tally, Logictus)
werebear- 2 (DGB, armlx)
axel- 1 (nonny)
DGB- 1 (werebear)

(Axel,)

8 alive, 5 to lynch
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:57 am

Post by armlx »

I'm posting this in all my games. My computer power cord just broke again, same issue as last time. I'm going to be on LA for a week or two while I wait for a new one to arrive.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:35 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

unvote, vote: nonny
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:20 am

Post by Axelrod »

I'm pretty sure I'm satisfied with a Nonny Lynch. If there are three scum and Nonny
isn't
one of them, I'm just stumped on what the configuration would be.

But I've got reviewing to do still.

Hey Nonny, look at me, not hammering you! If you can explain why scum me does that to town you...well, I'll be impressed.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:29 am

Post by nonny »

Hey Nonny, look at me, not hammering you! If you can explain why scum me does that to town you...well, I'll be impressed.
WIFOM, don't need to explain that.

Tally: how on earth can you explain werebear/logic/myself as a scum pairing? Only logic is going after a wagon, and you said yourself that scum don't need to buss each other today (paraphrased)

I'm going with my stronger gut.
unvote, vote tally
reasons have been stated for monthes. Still strongly suspect axel though...
*insert bad joke here*
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by armlx »

The fact there's a potentially active vig is a reason. Scum might want to avoid being obv scum.

That said, I'm definitely willing to hammer once everyone checks in on it.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:34 am

Post by Werebear »

I'm not that fond of a nonny vote, but then again, nothing about this game is making much sense to me. I notice TheDrippingGoofball happily piled on.

It doesn't really matter if I vote or not, my fan club is going for me tomorrow whether nonny is town or mafia.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:24 am

Post by nonny »

Yep because some people just have one theory from day one and never re-anaylze or drop it *cough*adel*cough*
*insert bad joke here*
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:57 am

Post by Axelrod »

DGB

What I didn't like at all about DGB was her rampant lurking and general lack of participation in this game right out of the gate.

She started with a joke vote on Logic, disappeared for about a week, and came back jumping right on the Mathcam wagon with all guns a-blazing. She pretty much focused exclusively on Mathcam for quite a while, without really saying much of anything about anyone else.

Then she does take a strong stand against the Raj. wagon, which is somewhat odd as there was (in my humble opinion) not much of anything to defend there. But it is possible I am biased here.

She then does take on Glork a bit and criticizes his assesment of Raj. She also is critical of Adel's assesment of Elvis Knits.

Looking back at the early game, frankly, DGB looks better than I was remembering her being.

Of course, then she completely jumps ship onto Macros after he claims to be the "Death Post Alterer" and her vote is sitting there when the day ends (actually, she may have been part of the Raj lynch that none of us realized had happened for a week).

Day 2 she came out of the gates barning me and voting for Glork. Again my bias comes into play as I can't exactly find this scummy. I'm somewhat curious why she lost interest in Macros though. She says early on that Glork or Adel are the people she will vote for, but Macros was who she voted for last, and he hasn't done anything to make himself townier at this point I don't think.

Then she goes through another long period of inactivity which I was remembering where her total contributions consist of making pronouncments like "Talitha is Town" and "Both Axel and Talitha are town." These are not super-helpful. She does not elaborate further beyond saying that both of us have said things ("one or two sentences") which she feels could not possibly have been made by a scum. That's kind of weak as a reason also, especially when you aren't telling anyone what the "one or two sentences" are so we can evaluate your supposed reasoning.

I don't suppose you could go back and let us know what those sentences were, hmm?

She then goes on vacation which results in another large (2 week) gap in posting, and comes back with more pronuncements ("I think logiticus and Nonny are town"). When pressed for her reasoning, she again gives vague generalities - "Demeanor and attitude" which are impossible to evaluate. This is definitely my low point as far as my feelings about DGB go. It does not seem like she's trying at all. It reads like she's skating by, putting in the very minimum, and avoiding saying anything specific that could pin her down.

Then she does that self-vote thing, which I have trouble seeing a scum do. Not that it's ever a good idea for a townie to do it either, but I tend to see a lot more townie self votes than scum self votes - unless the scum are flat out hammering themselves to end the day. This vote clearly wasn't that. If she's scum it was a rather large gamble. Possible, because maybe she felt like she was on the ropes and didn't have much to lose, but still a large gamble. Then again, she doesn't leave her vote on herself for very long.

Day 3 she comes out against Adel first (again, without really saying what it is that Adel did or said to make her feel this way - not helpful). It looks like it
might
be because Adel is supporting the theory I proposed that one of the non-mod. powered players was likely to be scum, and Adel and DGB are the only 2 non-mod. powered players left.

She then has one of her more dramatic reversals, going from THIS "You're scum." To THIS "I think Adel is town." With NO posts in between.

I mean, there are 4 game days in between and Adel has made some posts so
obviously something
Adel said in those 4 days dramatically changed DGB's opinion, it's just that DGB completely fails to mention what that post or those posts were. This is getting to be quite an annoying pattern.

I probe a little on her reasoning and her answer is just as vague and non-specific as all her answers have been all game - "Her tone. It seems consistent across several posts." Huh?

After another 9 day gap in posting, she's now saying THIS about Adel. Really? She's now so convinced Adel is town she'll jump off a cliff?

The most I can say here is that I don't quite see this as a scummy thing to say because I don't think it gains DGB much as scum to suddenly be posting that Adel is now townie town. Most of the time scum want to create doubts about possible lynchee's, not declare their undying support for them. Of course, if DGB were part of a 3-man scum team, they would know they didn't need many more lynches (and maybe only one more) so that would give them room to focus on just the few most vulnerable targets. So it's possible, just unconventional.

Her focus at that point was on Werebear and that was pretty much it. She thinks I'm town, and says so a lot.

Until just recently when she jumps on this Nonny wagon who at various times she has said she thought was Town, but has also hedged a bit on.

Overall, it's nothing to write home about. Her style is difficult to analyze because she waggons without shame and makes abrult pronuncements without giving a basis and is always vague and non-specific when asked why she feels a certain way about a specific player. I don't have a history to go on as far as DGB goes, so I can't say how much of this is typical behavior for her and whether or not it's something she always does as town/scum. I also know I'm not about to go researching old games of hers for a basis of comparison either though, because I can barely keep up with this one game here as it is.

So maybe someone who has more experience with DGB can weigh in on whether this is just typical for her or not. She's not the top scum candidate, because she hasn't done anything that in and of itself I would say is super scummy, but she's been vague a lot, and waggoned a lot, and lurked a lot, and the combination of all these things doesn't look exactly good either.

Meh. [/b]
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Talitha »

Werebear is DEFINITELY scum. So is nonny.
Logic is my only doubt, but i'm still thinking he's the third.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:55 am

Post by armlx »

Overall, it's nothing to write home about.
I agree with this on DGB.

Tally's last post actually is the game winner I think. That makes a lot of sense. Most sure of WB, vote is staying there for now.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by Adel »

Axelrod wrote: So maybe someone who has more experience with DGB can weigh in on whether this is just typical for her or not. She's not the top scum candidate, because she hasn't done anything that in and of itself I would say is super scummy, but she's been vague a lot, and waggoned a lot, and lurked a lot, and the combination of all these things doesn't look exactly good either.

Meh.
based off of four or five games of her games from the last year, nothing stands out as unusual for her.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:32 pm

Axel is town. There's a couple of sentences in there I like.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:33 pm

armlx wrote:Most sure of WB...
Me too, but that wagon has no steam.

Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:53 pm

Post by Talitha »

I think nonny is the safest lynch. She's been at L-1 for nearly 3 days... you have to think that either she's scum, or all 3 scum are already voting for her.

From my POV this means that either Adel, logic AND DGB are scum, or nonny is scum.
If Adel & DGB are scum together, then I'd rather just quit now. :)

Yeah another explanation is that there could be a patient scum just waiting... but meh, I really don't think they'd wait so long to hammer with 4 votes already on a townie. What if someone unvoted?

So yeah, I think it's reasonable to assume that non is scum.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:41 am

Good points, Tally.

nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:38 am

Post by nonny »

You even gonna ask for a claim or just wait for your buddy to take your hint and hammer?
*insert bad joke here*
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:56 am

Sure, claim.

nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:39 am

Post by nonny »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Sure, claim.
ailgnment or role....?

townsperson, flavorer(make death scenes more interesting)
*insert bad joke here*
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:57 pm

Just as I thought, another vanilla.

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:02 pm

Post by armlx »

Tally makes sense here especially as WB isn't voting nonny, nilla claim isn't really that spectacular either.

?Unvote, Vote Nonny
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:05 pm

Post by Adel »

so that makes five votes and a lynch?
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by nonny »

nonny-5 (Adel, Tally, Logictus, DGB, Armlx)
tally- 1 (nonny)
DGB- 1 (werebear)

(Axel,)

8 alive, 5 to lynch

Good Luck!
*insert bad joke here*
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:36 am

Post by Talitha »

Logic, you are allowed to post as well as
sending the kill and
opening and closing the thread you know...

(I'm not dead)

:|
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:58 am

Post by Adel »

I'm not dead either.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”