Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by shellyc »

Pagetop

Rising Star
10/11/2020 shellyc Noraa In slightly over 3 months, Noraa has already established herself on site firmly and has performed exceptionally as both alignments. Noraa not only has a refreshing and high-tempo playstyle, she also brings a huge amount of positivity to each game she joins.

One of Noraa's unique traits is her high WIM and persistence, best illustrated in Death Curse. Despite the scumteam self-imploding within a few scroll passes, Noraa managed to make it to Xylo, holding firm against 9 townies. Noraa became universally townread since mid-of-day-1, with an astute awareness of threats and a very good emotional range. With over a thousand posts in the game thread, Noraa absolutely carried the scumteam in Death Curse and nearly clinched victory single-handedly.

Noraa shows decent townplay as well, popping off in this game, managing to soulread me as scum very early on (page 7) and successfully drove my slot's launch D1. Noraa then managed to earn the scum nightkill N1, highlighting her obvtowness and energy that scum found hard to deal with.

Another scumgame Noraa shone through in was Mini Normal 2174. This game was a perfect scum win made possible by Noraa's good positioning throughout. Noraa emulated solving well and supported her teammates when they were in danger of being launched by successfully pushing counterwagons. The final nail was a mislaunch on Hectic's alt on the final day, showcasing Noraa's skill at powerdriving launches.
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 175, shellyc wrote:Pagetop

Rising Star
10/11/2020 shellyc Noraa In slightly over 3 months, Noraa has already established herself on site firmly and has performed exceptionally as both alignments. Noraa not only has a refreshing and high-tempo playstyle, she also brings a huge amount of positivity to each game she joins.

One of Noraa's unique traits is her high WIM and persistence, best illustrated in Death Curse. Despite the scumteam self-imploding within a few scroll passes, Noraa managed to make it to Xylo, holding firm against 9 townies. Noraa became universally townread since mid-of-day-1, with an astute awareness of threats and a very good emotional range. With over a thousand posts in the game thread, Noraa absolutely carried the scumteam in Death Curse and nearly clinched victory single-handedly.

Noraa shows decent townplay as well, popping off in this game, managing to soulread me as scum very early on (page 7) and successfully drove my slot's launch D1. Noraa then managed to earn the scum nightkill N1, highlighting her obvtowness and energy that scum found hard to deal with.

Another scumgame Noraa shone through in was Mini Normal 2174. This game was a perfect scum win made possible by Noraa's good positioning throughout. Noraa emulated solving well and supported her teammates when they were in danger of being launched by successfully pushing counterwagons. The final nail was a mislaunch on Hectic's alt on the final day, showcasing Noraa's skill at powerdriving launches.
Nth
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by Ythan »

Oh does this thread accept nths because
nth Noraa
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by Ythan »

Scum MVP in that Sunny game too.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by Alisae »

best way to support a nomination is to just add to it with ur own nomination
GTKAS
| here.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Ythan »

Ty you're quite helpful.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by Alisae »

i can't tell if thats sarcasm but np
ig i can requote this ig
In post 8, Alisae wrote:Q: Can I still just post "nth" to nth an award
A: I mean you can, but it will not be included. If you wish to support a nomination, fill out the form and contribute a write-up.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by Alisae »

like we don't care enough to go out of our way to stop people from bolding
nth

so you can still do it regardless, and honestly I think its human nature to show support for something.
its not something that the judges have cared about for 2019 (for that year we counted nths) from what I recall so we just decided to not count nths.
GTKAS
| here.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by Ythan »

Genuinely helpful, thank you (genuinely).
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by Alisae »

no problem
GTKAS
| here.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:52 pm

Post by shellyc »

Game Of The Year
11/12/2020 shellyc Hectic Death Curse An interesting scroll-passing mechanic which essentially made every launched player a vengeful.
Scum crumbling within a few passes yet deepwolf Noraa carried and brought the game to a tense finale.
Town forming a solid townblock and ultimately came to the scum!Noraa realisation.
Strong performances from both alignments and a good playerlist producing a 410-page game.
Excellent modding and brilliant on-death flavour.
That chem class shot.

What a game.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

backup mods matter!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:58 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 0, Alisae wrote:
This award is given to the moderator of a game
. It is given in recognition of the overall excellence of a game. The Game of the Year award is a "catch all" award for the best overall game throughout the entire year, considering all aspects of the game from moderator quality, to the excellent design and composition of the game, to the performance and cohesion of the playerlist. A Game of the Year is meant to be the game that we can all point to later and say "This game was the best game the site could offer that year in terms of Design, Playerlist, and moderating capability." This is a PUBLIC VOTE.
(:

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:01 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

a backup mod is still a moderator but don't worry I was trolling.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:03 pm

Post by Ythan »

I was gonna say the same but also just to hear the sound of my own voice.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by Noraa »

Don Corleone
12/11/20
12 scum wins this year. 12! twelve. Twelve. TWELVE! Open your brain cells and think about it! ITS UTTER INSANITY. *droops sadly while looking at my 2 scum wins* ANYWAYS IGNORE ME. BACK TO HECTIC. TWELVE WON SCUM GAMES. PHEW. First one: Micro 920. Hectic endgamed with his buddy Espeonage. They won in a 5p lylo. Second one: Mini Normal 2118. Hectic solo carried to a scum win in a 3p lylo. Third one: Micro 935. Euphony(Hectic) and Okapoka successfully killed off the entire chain of command leading to a glorious scum victory. Fourth one: Micro 937. Iconeum(the dragon) and Conspire(hydra of Hectic and Kanna) win a 5p lylo leading to a scum victory. Fifth one: Mini Normal 2147. In an 8 player lylo, a scum team of Zlair(Hectic), iamausername, and votato successfully get a mislim followed by a nk, leading to a scum victory. Sixth one: Mini Normal 2153. In a 5p lylo, Replacement for Sugimichi(yes this was what hectic named his alt) and UnaBombaH drove a successful mislim leading to a scum victory. Seventh one: Mini Normal 2154. One of the few few times Hectic(here he is in the form of an alt called Truth) the monster scum doesn't endgame and personally bring pride upon his team but nonetheless a scum win of his that he contributed to. Eighth one: Open 793. Here, the unsuspecting gamma emerald trusted hectic which resulted in another one of his glorious scum wins. Ninth one: Micro 964 The death of GeorgeBailey, a townie, set Hectic up for yet ANOTHER scum win, this time with Isis. V unfortunate that he died the very last night but scum still won the moment that night was over! Tenth one: Open 801. Another RARE occasion where Hectic doesn't endgame and bring glory upon his team on his own(but that's because of the setup. the earlier he trust falls out of the game, the better and he trust falled on day 1 :OOO) An incredible and stressful game that the team of Pooky and Hectic won together! Eleventh one: Micro 934. Hectic(in the form of Eve) and Ame had mutual TRs throughout, caused tons of chaos(3 mislims in a row), and ended up with a flawless win! AAAAAAAAAAAAAND the twelfth and final one: Micro 989. Hectic(in the form of mary44) reps into a doomed scum shady slot where Rocky and I were worrying our asses out about what to do if the scum shady died. But he strolls in and casually turns the tables just like *POOF* and got us a quick and easy flawless win. That's it for today ladies and gentlemen! Hectic is a legend. NOM HIM UP. HE DESERVES DON CORLEONE!
Last edited by Noraa on Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:27 pm

Post by Alisae »

Okay I need to write up a nom for Uncrowned (or someone else can beat me to it)
that guys is the actual GOAT
GTKAS
| here.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:36 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Paperback Writer
12/17/2020 Morning Tweet Dannflor Open 774 || Purgatory God I love this flavour. I just happened to glance at this thread one day -- and instantly, I was taken in by Dannflor's insanely well-written OP. It was haunting: a cloudy, barren wasteland accompanied dark grey text that places you into directly into the scene. Just read it, it's wonderfully written, all the way up until its climax -- a lone scream breaking the silence as the group comes to the realization that they are all dead. So needless to say I was hooked on the premise, and the opening was killer too.

Scroll down through the hand-made ~Rules~ and ~Setup~ explanation areas, and oh! His text flavour colour-shifts as the thread transitions from the grey opening to orange-red hell. Seriously -- the flavour in this game shifts colour line-by-line as the game transitions between phases. I still freak out over that a little bit. Now with the first votecount, we're introduced to our "moderator": an antagonistic, oftentimes bored voice that booms throughout the landscape who seems to have been tasked with regulating this game. He's not overly invested in what ultimately happens to any one of you and seems to derive fun out of taunting the group when they slip up. I love his character -- he's biased when reacting to the results, but not towards one side in particular, only to whoever is making it more interesting. He only cares about what entertainment he can derive from watching the players fight each other for their permanent fates, and when he can't find any fun in it anymore, he simply stops communicating entirely and allows the players themselves to govern the game on their own for the rest of the way -- which in a way, was an even more frightening situation for the players than when he was around.

Now the voice would carry the show at the beginning of phases, but it gets even better -- Dannflor wrote flavour for each players' death/ascension scenes as well. I love these scenes so much. The game gets way more personal during these portions where he narrates the group condemning each other to Hell or ascending them to Heaven. I really wish I could have gotten to play, because I love flavour that feels this dramatic and is written to fit the players, their alignments, and what has happened previously. Wooper is not afraid of where he's been sent off to, but instead expresses his disappointment in the others. Sinner Ame keeps up her facade of a personality right up until the moment she has ascended, where she shows her true colours. Team STRQ bargains with the group briefly before going entirely mad and S_S volunteers himself and promises to not repeat any of the fake pleasantries Ame did. And finally, Amrun tries a plethora of tactics to save herself, before giving the group a sober "Remember me" as she faded. All in all, was really good.

And even though Dannflor is skilled enough to set the mood via just his writing, he also complimented his vote counts with imagery of Hell or Heaven to further set the scene, as well as included
an entire playlist of songs for each respective phase.
Whenever a player was replaced, he didn't waste that opportunity to set the tone, either.

There's flavour beyond the main thread, too. In addition to it already being cool that the PTs continue the story, the Heaven and Hell PTs are inverses of the same scene, tuned to their respective afterlifes. Just a really fun detail to notice post-game. I liked the subversion of expectations on what Heaven and Hell would be like, too. It's the one more light-hearted area contained within the otherwise pretty dark game. "The angel tosses you an Xbox controller" still makes me smile when I read it.

I cannot imagine a more drama-filled setting for playing mafia than having a game of it determine your permanent fate in the afterlife, and Dannflor executes on this premise perfectly. I am not even exaggerating when I say that I couldn't stop thinking about how much I liked the idea of it, as well as Dannflor's execution -- despite never actually haven taken part in the game itself.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 140, Alisae wrote:reminder mostly to me or if anyone who wants to take the mantle that ame, hectic, norwee, and kanna deserve write ups for rising star.
There might be 1 or 2 individuals I might be forgetting but this is just what comes to mind atm
Your wish is my command

Rising Star
12/18/20
This incredible watermelon murderer(as depicted by the prfpc) has been on site since December of 2019 with ~3000 posts. They have multiple impressive games with their ability to turn the tables in a game being the most impressive ability of theirs(imo). Both scum games of theirs that I am about to mention, they managed to play really well considering they weren't all that TRed to begin with. The first is Open 774 where they repped into a somewhat widely SRed slot and managed to completely flip the game inside out soon after replacing in. Lol maybe they need to get nommed for white knight(is that the replacement one?) It wasn't a scum win but impressive play regardless. We can go ahead and call it a personal win. The next scum game of theirs was a very tense one, Open 793 where the scum team looked extremely doomed due to the town leader being incredibly towny and accurate in their reads. Ame was able to convince town with their charisma and sow seeds of doubt in each townie's heart leading to a flawless scum win which is absolutely incredible given the existence of a town leader like that. Their town games are equally impressive! For example, Mini 2133 where they managed to shoot down a fairly TRed scum with their 1 shot tree stump ability and were directly involved with the downfall of another. Overall, amazing play! On a more serious note, what did those poor watermelons ever do to you?!!

Rising Star
12/18/20
I think maybe I need to call him the king of alts and you'll see why in this short write up LMFAO. Buckle your seatbelts! We're going for a ride in alt land! In this first townie episode of gloriousness, our main character Hectic ventured out into the kingdom of evil(Open 790), undercover, as Cthylla! Our hero rushes into the game, nails all 3 scum dead to the ground on page five of the game in this post, pushes all 3 scum to their deaths, and leads town to a glorious victory. His courage and brilliance is depicted perfectly in this game! *Gets out my pom poms* Oh wait wait shoot. More about him not me and my pompoms :oops:. AHEM. In this second town game, our hero once again ventures out into the kingdom of evil. This time it is Mini Normal 2125 and our hero has gone undercover in the form of *drumroll* Paragon! Our hero fell asleep during the first part which lead to town's many mislims but then the poor town begged Paragon to save them in a 5 player lylo. And so the courageous Paragon woke up from his nap and picked out those two sneaky sneaky scumbutts, leading town once again, to a glorious victory! *yawn* Enough talk about his town play! His scum play is just as I N C R E D I B L E! In this series, our hero decided he would just sneak in as Hectic and hope no one noticed! This time, our hero was a villain :O He held that nasty red colored pm and looked around suspiciously. His partner accidentally fell into a hole and died day 1. This didn't stop our main character! Our courageous hero solo carried his team from day 2 and on to a glorious scum win! His night kills were incredibly accurate with both masons dying night 1 and 2. Overall, incredible player. Amazing friend and mod. ILY HECTIC <3.

Rising Star
12/18/20
Norwee is a rising star *wink wink nudge nudge* Don't mind me and my cringy human being vibes. One occurrence of brilliant play from Norwee is in Large Normal 227 where Norwee was a town tracker! In a very uncertain lylo, norwee cleverly added a few modifiers in his claim causing scum to not think he was a threat, leading to their demise when clever Norwee tracked them to their kills. Brilliant play! Another occurrence was Micro 958 where Norwee held a red role pm with his buddy George. They were nearing lylo with a set of decent cards. Norwee bravely sacced himself on day 3 giving George large amounts of towncred, pushed George into lylo which resulted in a scum win! Norwee played well and wiggled out of a scarily close day 2 elimination showing his expert scum skills. One final occurrence is Large Normal 228 where Norwee once again held a red role pm. With one buddy dying to a day 1 lim and another getting shot down night 3, Norwee solo carried thru lylo and to a glorious scum win! He played very impressively in all three games!

Rising Star
12/18/20
My favorite IC on site, ofc Kanna, has some incredible looking games as well! See exhibit a: Micro 922. When all hell was breaking loose after her scum buddy, the dragon, flopped over and died day 1 to the curse of the lolhammer, Kanna was scared. But her charisma and IC energy won a near impossible game for her buddy, the dead dragon and herself. An impressive feat if you ask me! Exhibit b: Micro 958. Here Kanna was very short lived considering her votes were all on the two scum(not a single vote on a townie. v impressivo!). This lead to her demise during night 2 when the two sneaky scumbutts crept up and yeeted her into the dead thread showing how good of a player she is! Finally, exhibit c, Booney and Sky-ey game, where kanna and hectic morphed together to form a hydra called Conspire. They were a town third party(kinda) who betrayed town at the end and won with the mafia and a survivor. Very confusing and messy game but an impressive victory nonetheless! Me ish a big fan of Kanna. U see I came here for the signature :O *gets out the pen*
*looks at kanna*

Another person that I think deserves this award is Jacko, my favorite mod.

Rising Star
12/18/20
My favorite mod and my first friend onsite :O JACKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Had to start with that cuz DUH. They ish an amazing player as well as friend and mod :D See Large normal 229, one of their probably best games on site where their team got hella carried by them and Jacko DEEPWOLF'D THE FUCK outta that game. Gotta be more cautious of them from now on *shudders* In this game, a huge blow to the scum game came day 2 and night 2 where two members were lost just like ~poof~. Then shelly welly was picked out of a crowd day 4 and Jacko just deep wolfed the fuck outta everyone else with the help of momma bear Titus :D. Then there's also scary town games like Newbie 1990 where the amazing Jacko caught both scum day 1 in this post and died night 1 accordingly. It had ta happen cuz Jacko's reads wuz too bomb for the game :/ Another scary town game of Jacko's is Mini 2173 where Jacko deathtunneled scum DK leading to DK's death and the nk of scum hunting god Jacko cuz DUH. Basically, Scum!Jacko kick ass. Town!Jacko also kick ass. Everyone just gets their asses kicked making Jacko nom worthy for rising star.

Side note: I think there ought to be an award called "Best hydra or Best hydra partner" cuz holy damn Mon(JohnnyFarrar) deserves that award by being my fav hydra buddy in the whole damn world.
Also Hectic, U-U it seems my monster WIM extends everywhere in this big MS universe :3.
Also PFFFT at how unevenly spread those emojis are.
Also I find it funny that two of the kodak noms are games where I vigged people in very dramatic and tense moments(Death Curse where I vigged in a 3p lylo and Random Facts where I vigged Datisi, the last scum) :P
Ok no more Also's I should just post this lmfao.
Last edited by Noraa on Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by Noraa »

Am I even allowed to nom this many people for one award O_o
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 194, Noraa wrote:Am I even allowed to nom this many people for one award O_o
nothing says ur not allowed to
GTKAS
| here.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 195, Alisae wrote:
In post 194, Noraa wrote:Am I even allowed to nom this many people for one award O_o
nothing says ur not allowed to
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

I've been out for a while so I can't do it myself, but if someone agrees with me, please write a Rising Star nom for clidd
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 197, Pink Ball wrote:I've been out for a while so I can't do it myself, but if someone agrees with me, please write a Rising Star nom for clidd
Definitely. I'm gonna write a bunch of noms up soon.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:36 am

Post by mastina »

(speakeasy post so link removed) wrote:
Goodfellas
?Post of the year?
12/20/2020
OkaPoka
mastina
Datisi, Untrod Tripod, Unnamed site staff Stop Getting Banned One of the most impressive examples of a select few individuals working in tandem to catch and eliminate scum. Normally, roleblocking the scumteam is what it is, but the site staff managed to perfect and coordinate the use of their investigative(s) to find and out information on the entire scumteam within 36 hours. Then comes Datisi, a vanilla town, who pieces the rest of the puzzle together (within 30 minutes!) and the flagbearer gets lim'd immediately after. Honestly, one of the fastest and most successful turn-arounds that I have ever seen. And shellyC and shellyC had us fooled for 2 whole months, impressive play, almost RAS/awestfie levels of deception.
I unironically want to make this as a nomination for whatever category it'd fit as. I think it's Post of the Year, since I believe the ruling is that Kodak is for mafia games only?

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”