JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:59 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1385, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1384, Nero Cain wrote:Will Nero get a page top?

Find out next time in Yellowstone!
Nah fam, this is not pagetop season it's BEAR SEASON
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:00 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Votecount 1.12

bad bear pun count
: 4

[4]Horsewoman:
JacksonVirgo, Momrangal, Mathblade, Toogeloo
[3]DrippingGoofball:
Horsewoman, Infinity 324, Noraa
[2]Toogeloo:
Marky Mark, Guillotina
[1]Guillotina:
Flea the Magician
[1]Noraa:
Vaxkiller

[3] Not Voting:
GamblingPig, DrippingGoofball

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate.

The elimination deadline is in (expired on 2020-12-22 12:35:35).
Last edited by Nero Cain on Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:00 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Aww now I feel bad :c
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:03 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean, I bearly missed it
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:12 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 1398, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1396, Guillotina wrote:Let's townread each other for the right reasons, i understand my sit in your town list is not guaranteed as neither is yours in mine.
What does this mean?
It means we may be town but we are not friends
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:14 am

Post by Guillotina »

Or rather, we may be town but we are not partners.
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:17 am

Post by Guillotina »

Ok, so what I gather from @Horsewoman is that she only towns up when she is getting actively attacked or she is on the verge of getting eliminated, notice that once i unvoted her she stopped posting. She is not making efforts to solve the game whatsoever when she is out of pressure.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:25 am

Post by Toogeloo »

So vote Horsewoman.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:37 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

VOTE: Horsewoman
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:39 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1312, Guillotina wrote: Toogeloo in the other hand, the posts of that slot does not give me town vibes and again, they voted Mom right after she claimed Mason.
I don't have a read on toog atm. I was thinking they could be scum because it feels like scum are in the inactives/blending in this game, but their posts are null for me. They also pointed out that they thought the mason claim was a joke. They could be lying and just using my reason as an excuse, but it looked so much like a joke to me that I don't really think it's AI.
In post 1318, MathBlade wrote:Because Horsewoman is doing the same and has more votes.

If Toog gets that high I am not entirely opposed just right now the fact Horse hasn’t been hammered means she’s scum. D1 elims are not usually this hard on town. They just aren’t.
There have been so many examples of town wagons getting resistance because scum aren't interested in pushing the elim yet or some other reason, and then scum use that as an excuse to jump on or "compromise" there at deadline. The "resistance" tell is super overused imo.
In post 1336, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1335, JacksonVirgo wrote:Nobody actually ever follows up with these types of reads.
I mean not really this was an exaggeration but it's not as much of a scum-claim than it is just anti-town and scummy.
I see what you're saying, but there's only certain players who could get away with it. If I lolhammered mara, people would be super suspicious since I don't do early hammers. Some players (not_mafia, dunn) do it as town sometimes so they can get away with it but most don't do it as town and don't risk doing it as scum as a result. That's why I think there was no real risk of a hammer.
In post 1337, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 941, Infinity 324 wrote:VOTE: noraa I don’t think you approach reads like this as town. Math does unfortunately.
Can you explain this Noraa read for me? I understand at it's core but I am not sure I am following exactly
The logic of "you were trying to lim the mason claim" when I thought it was a joke is really shallow and I think noraa can have a lot more depth as town. Then I remembered haunted village where I feel like she didn't really get a good footing in the game and all her SRs were people that were pushing her. I thought she was scum there and she was town. The way she's played so far doesn't feel like she's trying to get townread, and when she says stuff like "idgaf you're still scum" it feels towny to me. So noraa is a lean town for me atm.
In post 1341, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 957, Noraa wrote:
In post 796, JacksonVirgo wrote:If we have a vigilante, I recommend shooting in the low-posters to clear the null-tier. The scummy players and the townie players sort themselves out more or less where I've seen null tier stay null and loses us the game.
Vig should shoot either Toog, Infinity, or DGB.
I just fully clicked with what you said here and I am going to say this as blunt as I possibly can. Vigilante's shooting within scummy players effectively wastes town utility considering they're essentially a secondary elimination. Scummy and Townie players are much more likely to sort themselves given Town's default utility with day eliminations, null players however getting sorted through the night is a much more effective use of a vigilante.
I don't agree, I think the vig should shoot scummy players so it saves town an elim. Then we can re-evaluate null or towny players during the day phase.
In post 1346, JacksonVirgo wrote: I town-read infinity
Why do you TR me again?
In post 1376, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1203, Infinity 324 wrote:I’m not 100% on horse, she looked quite towny in response to the guillo push earlier though and I don’t want to elim her today.
Notice anything similar?

Infinity imho has a word choice he uses as scum to defend his buddies.
Maybe that's just the word choice I use to state townreads as both alignments?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:47 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I looked all over that wall post for a Horsewoman vote but I must have missed it. Is it in spoiler tags?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:12 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1409, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1312, Guillotina wrote: Toogeloo in the other hand, the posts of that slot does not give me town vibes and again, they voted Mom right after she claimed Mason.
I don't have a read on toog atm. I was thinking they could be scum because it feels like scum are in the inactives/blending in this game, but their posts are null for me. They also pointed out that they thought the mason claim was a joke. They could be lying and just using my reason as an excuse, but it looked so much like a joke to me that I don't really think it's AI.
In post 1318, MathBlade wrote:Because Horsewoman is doing the same and has more votes.

If Toog gets that high I am not entirely opposed just right now the fact Horse hasn’t been hammered means she’s scum. D1 elims are not usually this hard on town. They just aren’t.
There have been so many examples of town wagons getting resistance because scum aren't interested in pushing the elim yet or some other reason, and then scum use that as an excuse to jump on or "compromise" there at deadline. The "resistance" tell is super overused imo.
In post 1336, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1335, JacksonVirgo wrote:Nobody actually ever follows up with these types of reads.
I mean not really this was an exaggeration but it's not as much of a scum-claim than it is just anti-town and scummy.
I see what you're saying, but there's only certain players who could get away with it. If I lolhammered mara, people would be super suspicious since I don't do early hammers. Some players (not_mafia, dunn) do it as town sometimes so they can get away with it but most don't do it as town and don't risk doing it as scum as a result. That's why I think there was no real risk of a hammer.
In post 1337, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 941, Infinity 324 wrote:VOTE: noraa I don’t think you approach reads like this as town. Math does unfortunately.
Can you explain this Noraa read for me? I understand at it's core but I am not sure I am following exactly
The logic of "you were trying to lim the mason claim" when I thought it was a joke is really shallow and I think noraa can have a lot more depth as town. Then I remembered haunted village where I feel like she didn't really get a good footing in the game and all her SRs were people that were pushing her. I thought she was scum there and she was town. The way she's played so far doesn't feel like she's trying to get townread, and when she says stuff like "idgaf you're still scum" it feels towny to me. So noraa is a lean town for me atm.
In post 1341, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 957, Noraa wrote:
In post 796, JacksonVirgo wrote:If we have a vigilante, I recommend shooting in the low-posters to clear the null-tier. The scummy players and the townie players sort themselves out more or less where I've seen null tier stay null and loses us the game.
Vig should shoot either Toog, Infinity, or DGB.
I just fully clicked with what you said here and I am going to say this as blunt as I possibly can. Vigilante's shooting within scummy players effectively wastes town utility considering they're essentially a secondary elimination. Scummy and Townie players are much more likely to sort themselves given Town's default utility with day eliminations, null players however getting sorted through the night is a much more effective use of a vigilante.
I don't agree, I think the vig should shoot scummy players so it saves town an elim. Then we can re-evaluate null or towny players during the day phase.
In post 1346, JacksonVirgo wrote: I town-read infinity
Why do you TR me again?
In post 1376, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1203, Infinity 324 wrote:I’m not 100% on horse, she looked quite towny in response to the guillo push earlier though and I don’t want to elim her today.
Notice anything similar?

Infinity imho has a word choice he uses as scum to defend his buddies.
Maybe that's just the word choice I use to state townreads as both alignments?
It’s not a tell. It’s only an indicator as I explained earlier.

It’s not 100%. The fact you called it a tell I think is illuminating.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:17 am

Post by Marky Mark »

Thanks for the explanation Math.

I think I understand the broad strokes of your argument, although some of the finer detail around the initial wagon forming on horse confused me.

I find it hard to see a world where horse is town and math is scum because I just feel like it would look too sus for him after he has driven the push on her so hard. That being said:
In post 1373, MathBlade wrote:I really think horse is scum and if she isn’t then we can look at who moved off of her and what wagons and look at JV or Nora.
Worries me somewhat, because it feels like it could be scum setting up for chained miselims

I still think toog is flying under the radar here and I would really like to see more pressure applied there.
@Toog - as I have asked before, what reads do you have on the playerlist other than HW? If HW is scum, as you clearly think she is by your vote then who do you see as potential buddies?

That being said, if there is no increase in interest of eliming toog in the next couple of hours or so then I will consolidate onto HW.

Honestly, IMO probably the most AI thing that has happened today was the wagon on a claimed mason. Infin/Horse/Toog being 3/4/5 on that wagon probably has 1+ scum there, and horse and/or toog would be my most likely bets.
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:18 am

Post by Guillotina »

VOTE: Horsewoman
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:20 am

Post by Marky Mark »

Well that's my only fellow toog-voter moving onto HW, so it looks like the toog wagon is not going to be viable.
Intent to hammer
HW and would like to hear a claim first.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:23 am

Post by Marky Mark »

@Guillo - why HW over toog? I thought we both had a similar thought process there in terms of the fact that both look sus from their wagon position on the Momrangel wagon but HW has (at times) at least actively been trying to solve
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:26 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1411, MathBlade wrote:It’s not a tell. It’s only an indicator as I explained earlier.

It’s not 100%. The fact you called it a tell I think is illuminating.
A tell, an indicator, same thing to me. Something you use to try to figure out someone's alignment.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:29 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 1415, Marky Mark wrote:@Guillo - why HW over toog? I thought we both had a similar thought process there in terms of the fact that both look sus from their wagon position on the Momrangel wagon but HW has (at times) at least actively been trying to solve
In post 1406, Guillotina wrote:Ok, so what I gather from @Horsewoman is that she only towns up when she is getting actively attacked or she is on the verge of getting eliminated, notice that once i unvoted her she stopped posting. She is not making efforts to solve the game whatsoever when she is out of pressure.
Because she didn't town up even when I gave her the chance to do so. Because after I stopped pushing her she felt comfortable with the metaphorical medal I gave her and didn't contribute to game solving, because Toogeloo or Noraa do not look like a viable option today, and because Horsewoman's flip would give us plenty of information to move forward.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:32 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 915, Vaxkiller wrote:I'll hammer horse if we need it. I just want to get to tomorrow.
Incidentally, was looking back over Vax's ISO and
a.) This post is scummy in its own right
b.) It is rather odd that HW went on a crusade against Math/Momrangel/DGB for (allegedly) wanting flips, but failed to pick up Vax for the same thing:
In post 1328, Horsewoman wrote:Basically I said momrangal/DGB/Mathblade had all displayed that mindset, but momrangal is semi-confirmed town and MathBlade had other indications of scumhunting so I was really suspicious of DGB
-- pedit: @Guillo, ok that largely makes sense. I think you are probably overstating the impact of you personally pushing her affecting her approach to the game, esp given how many others were pushing her too.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:40 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 1412, Marky Mark wrote:@Toog - as I have asked before, what reads do you have on the playerlist other than HW?
I'll worry about that later.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:04 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1412, Marky Mark wrote:Thanks for the explanation Math.

I think I understand the broad strokes of your argument, although some of the finer detail around the initial wagon forming on horse confused me.

I find it hard to see a world where horse is town and math is scum because I just feel like it would look too sus for him after he has driven the push on her so hard. That being said:
In post 1373, MathBlade wrote:I really think horse is scum and if she isn’t then we can look at who moved off of her and what wagons and look at JV or Nora.
Worries me somewhat, because it feels like it could be scum setting up for chained miselims

I still think toog is flying under the radar here and I would really like to see more pressure applied there.
@Toog - as I have asked before, what reads do you have on the playerlist other than HW? If HW is scum, as you clearly think she is by your vote then who do you see as potential buddies?

That being said, if there is no increase in interest of eliming toog in the next couple of hours or so then I will consolidate onto HW.

Honestly, IMO probably the most AI thing that has happened today was the wagon on a claimed mason. Infin/Horse/Toog being 3/4/5 on that wagon probably has 1+ scum there, and horse and/or toog would be my most likely bets.
Why are you writing 90% of this post with horse as town?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:19 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 1276, Guillotina wrote:
In post 1268, MathBlade wrote:I can’t read the green. :( Can you tldr what your opinion was on Flavor Leaf?
I don't know what to say about Flea, they could just be too scummy to be scum, or they just are. The list had a very ill intended approach to discredit me and put me on a bad light. I'm not moving them out of my scum list for the time being. They get the Axe for now.
I actually really like your response to my thought processes. I do find it interesting you're using my thought wall as a case though.
This is something I've a habit of doing to show my thought processes as I come to my conclusions <3 it allows people to prod, poke and interact as needed with bits and correct anything I might not be sure on.

Flea is a persona I use in multiple places that is basically just a charicature of myself O(≧∇≦)O
In post 1284, Nero Cain wrote:Did anyone miss me?
Always, Nero. Always. ✿♥‿♥✿
In post 1300, Momrangal wrote:MIN E
゜+.(。´>艸<)*.☆

Nora, gut feels it is ʕ ◔ᴥ◔ ʔ Please don't be a baddie in this game <3
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:32 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 1420, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1412, Marky Mark wrote:Thanks for the explanation Math.

I find it hard to see a world where horse is town and math is scum because I just feel like it would look too sus for him after he has driven the push on her so hard.
That being said:

Why are you writing 90% of this post with horse as town?
My underlines for emphasis (the second one especially) - please explain to me how 90% of the post sees horse as town?

The only thing I can see that you could construe that way is me commenting on your and that is why I used the words
could be
as people starting to chalk up potential scumspects for the next day is something that I have seen scum do before and something that I wanted to call out. Clearly if HW flips scum, and I think there is a good chance of that don't get me wrong, then this is completely moot, but I am going to call out stuff that pings me when I see it.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:35 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 1419, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 1412, Marky Mark wrote:@Toog - as I have asked before, what reads do you have on the playerlist other than HW?
I'll worry about that later.
I would like to know now actually, so that we can see your current view of the gamestate for transparency ahead of flips/NKs. I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for your position on more than 1 player.

Speaking of which, where is pig at? I really think that a replacement on that slot would be to everyone's benefit, if they are not going to actively participate.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:43 am

Post by Marky Mark »

fwiw

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”