PookyTheMagicalBear v Flavor Leaf (Game Over)

Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #4225 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:24 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 3880, Double the Trouble wrote:Bell no result on Toog Night 1.
DEB no result on on Ircher Night 1.
I'm nitpicking, but it's an important one. They did not claim to receive "No Result" results as that implies they were blocked (or targeted an Ascetic). They claimed to receive "Has not killed yet" results.
In post 3885, MURDERCAT wrote:Ok I find this logic compelling at least
I still don't really get what the fascination with creature is though.
What do you mean, "fascination with Creature?" I would like for you to look back at Creature's Day 2 posts and tell me what you think of them.
In post 3887, MURDERCAT wrote:Still think we can just let night kills sort this out, scum can't let detective continue to live I think.
I'm going to point out that if we don't sort it today, we're potentially sorting them at LimLo, and that's far worse of a time. I think scum would be willing to risk a night or two to keep the two slots up in the air.
In post 3894, Spiffeh wrote:As much as I'm spiteful at everyone scum reading me for "aVoIdInG tHe BeLl WaGoN" even though I have been obviously town throughout the game
Maybe I forgot or haven't been paying enough attention, but I haven't seen this. I've seen people put you down as a poe-scum read, and I think that's perfectly reasonable given your scum equity (via the draft) and play so far in the game. (I imagine Pooky putting you in the vig pool is within the same line of thinking.)
In post 3903, Double the Trouble wrote:
In post 3894, Spiffeh wrote:As much as I'm spiteful at everyone scum reading me for "aVoIdInG tHe BeLl WaGoN" even though I have been obviously town throughout the game

Bell is probably scum and should be the vote for today
So you're spiteful for having been scumread because you avoided the Bell wagon, even though you actually admit Bell is likely scum.

K.

- Norwee
This really isn't fair to Spiffeh. As pichu just noted, he was town reading Bell for the most part up until Bell got CC'd by DEB.
In post 3933, MURDERCAT wrote:So you have the burden of convincing me that
1. Noraa is town
and
2. It is important the Bell dies today in particular.
1) I don't think that's going to happen. You strongly believe in your scum read there.
2) Yes because we don't want to resolve this in LimLo, and Flavor Leaf likes to make higher risk plays. Keeping both alive for a night or two is one of those (and that potentially takes us to LimLo.)
In post 3948, Toogeloo wrote:You can't disappear after high activity day 1 leading to a mislynch. She's remained active but allowed her reads to ebb and flow with the current game state. One mislynch on Day 1 that she headlines, and her town reads are becoming scum reads because she can read the room and see what people want.
Yes, this is a thing townies do. It's called reevaluation. Aside from the last part (which is really subjective by the way), i don't see how this is scum-indicative /especially/ for someone like mastina who tends to do this reevaluation stuff a lot (as both alignments).
In post 3948, Toogeloo wrote:Look at your comment and look at what she is doing, and it actually matches up. She is actively lurking and letting the Bell/DEB thing happen, just like you think scum!mastina would.
She's not actively lurking at all, what?! Just because she isn't posting every 5 minutes doesn't mean she's lurking; I think she has made more posts than you have this day phase. Aside from that, I'm pretty sure she has given opinions on Bell, but she feels more strongly in Creature rn hence why she focuses her attention there.
In post 3951, Toogeloo wrote:It's actively lurking. Posting enough that she keeps a presence, but her posts amount to no push and actually acquiesce to the reads if the vocal majority while still looking like her own. She prepping for Day 3 already.
I'm gonna assume you are just throwing out buzzwords because this is not what active lurking means.
In post 3990, Double the Trouble wrote:i think his posting this phase has been significantly better than d1 that's for sure.
And I think the exact opposite. His day 1 posting was eh but not really outside his town range. His Day 2 posts include several awful takes and constant rehashing of the nonsensical take that today is going to be a repeat of Day 1. Let's not forget the comment about saving Battle Mage as well.

At bottom of page 160.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4226 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:33 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Aw yeah
it's happening dot gif
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4227 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:45 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 4225, Ircher wrote:
In post 3880, Double the Trouble wrote:
In post 3885, MURDERCAT wrote:Ok I find this logic compelling at least
I still don't really get what the fascination with creature is though.
What do you mean, "fascination with Creature?" I would like for you to look back at Creature's Day 2 posts and tell me what you think of them.
In post 3887, MURDERCAT wrote:Still think we can just let night kills sort this out, scum can't let detective continue to live I think.
I'm going to point out that if we don't sort it today, we're potentially sorting them at LimLo, and that's far worse of a time. I think scum would be willing to risk a night or two to keep the two slots up in the air.
In post 3933, MURDERCAT wrote:So you have the burden of convincing me that
1. Noraa is town
and
2. It is important the Bell dies today in particular.
1) I don't think that's going to happen. You strongly believe in your scum read there.
2) Yes because we don't want to resolve this in LimLo, and Flavor Leaf likes to make higher risk plays. Keeping both alive for a night or two is one of those (and that potentially takes us to LimLo.)
Ircher this is slippery slope BS and you should know better. The decision is whether we elim them today or elim them tomorrow. The worst case, given that we are currently at 10:4, is to get another 3 killed townies leaving us at 7:4. This isn't Elo because if we elim town the vig (if alive) just doesn't shoot that night. And there's still good odds that 1. we hit other scum 2. the vig hits scum or can't fire or 3. the alive detective gets a guilty (or scum resolves it for us through NK).

RE Creature, my read on them has nothing to do with their posts and everything about how people are approaching him, so I'll read through the iso but no one has actually pointed to much of anything other than the same BS that got BM killed so I don't think I'll be convinced.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #4228 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:13 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 4001, Dunnstral wrote:I'd vote for Ydrasse too

I suspect any number of Murdercat/Creature/Ydrasse right now
I think this is a good pool. High likelihood of 1/3. Good chance of 2/3. 3/3 is probably not likely.
In post 4022, Bell wrote:What do you think I'm doing rn?
Honest answer: I think you're randomly quoting posts to look busy.
In post 4023, Solstice wrote:[Is there a point you're trying to make with that quote tower, Bell?]
This orecisely. Bell complained about my posts being IIoA, but what Bell is doing now seems to fall under that category as well.
In post 4028, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i dont think he can ate this much as scum

by this much i mean he cant ate for shit as scum :/
I believe it's possible. I admit I don't really have much experience with Bell, so my take on this matters much less.
In post 4031, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:like I don't think bell would even care that much about living if he was a red role pm.

he'd just be like

"ok you guys got me"
I don't see why you think this.
In post 4107, Bell wrote:I'm thinking about the WK15 votes early and whether scum would be apathetic about low hanging fruit. Or were kept off by Ircher.
???
In post 4132, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i played with bell in antechamber and epilogue and both times he was very uncomfortable and low effort as scum.
I think you have to be a bit careful with meta ad it can and does warp and shift over time. It is even more likely to change if people strongly believe you have a particular habit as town or scum (like using excessive AtE.)
In post 4147, Bell wrote:Do you think I'm just randomly quoting walls of brief mentions of NK15 in this huge game.
To an extent, yes, that's precisely what it seems you are doing.
In post 4149, Bell wrote:lol. Pichu. You think I don't get mad at being scum read as town.
Meta fail.
MaybeI'm wrong, but I don't think that's what pichu is arguing. I think pichu is arguing that you do the stuff as scum /as well as/ town.
In post 4175, pichu wrote:ON TOP OF THE WORLD
sorry Bell
i told you i was really confident when i made the case and i'm like 99% confident now
Yeah, my confidence on scum!Bell has increased significantly as well. It was like 67% (in magnitude); now, it's like 92% (in magnitude).
In post 4198, Bell wrote:I looked through the mininormal list btw.
The closest I found was Mason, mason, town back up mason.
Masons/neighbors don't count for obvious reasons....
In post 4220, MURDERCAT wrote:1) I think we should let Bell/DEB resolve through night actions, at least for now.
2) I really hate how people are jumping on Creature, it just feels icky to me.
1) No, we should resolve it today else it's likely we resolve it never.
2) Why does it feel icky? What have you liked from Creature D2?
In post 4227, MURDERCAT wrote:Ircher this is slippery slope BS and you should know better. The decision is whether we elim them today or elim them tomorrow.
Okay, first of all, if we don't elim them today and they're both still alive tomorrow (highly probable from my pov), that basically turns tomorrow into a repeat of today. That's not productive at all. Furthermore, regardless of what the collective may decide here, there's going to people still focusing on Bell (and DEB) and distracting from whatever else we decide to do (and I wouldn't fault them for doing so). That's also not in town's interest because a split focus like that is bound to end in a suboptimal elimination. Last note: do you trust this game to follow through if we don't lim one of them today? I most certainly do not.
In post 4227, MURDERCAT wrote:RE Creature, my read on them has nothing to do with their posts and everything about how people are approaching him,
This generally isn't a good reason for town reading a player especially when (at least imo) Creature's posts suggest otherwise.

To bottom of post 4227.
Blade Dancer
Blade Dancer
Goon
Blade Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4229 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:16 am

Post by Blade Dancer »

Official Vote Count 2.12

Polar Bear Express
(1): MURDERCAT
Creature
: (4) Spiffeh, Solstice, Dunnstral, Toogelo
Bell
(6): Ircher, pichu, Ydrasse, mastina, Polar Bear Express, Dr Easy Bake
Spiffeh
(1): Creature
Pichu
(1): Bell

Not Voting
(1): Double the Trouble
With 14 alive, it takes 8 to execute.

MURDERCAT is VLA until 12/17. MURDERCAT did not specify a time, so I'll use noon PST.
Ydrasse is VLA until 12/16 at noon PST.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-12-22 18:21:00)

[/color]
Last edited by Blade Dancer on Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4230 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:19 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 4228, Ircher wrote:That's not productive at all.
Uh we would have a detective result and a possible guilty lol, how is that not productive?
GTKAMURDERCAT

Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #4231 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Ircher »

I was talking game state wise. Most likely, both are inno results anyone which don't help much.
Blade Dancer
Blade Dancer
Goon
Blade Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4232 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Blade Dancer »

In post 4224, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I guess Pooky has a point about Bell being outside of their scum range, now i don't really townread Bell for it. But i do agree with Murdercat that it could be wise to wait a day or two. Either the Detective claims die or we can resolve them later.

VOTE: Polar Bear Express

- Norwee
I will not count any votes that are out of hydra.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4233 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:28 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

It's also a high risk play to CC a real detective with a scum player who isn't contributing much to get a free elim and free up a night kill to be used on someone else.
If we elim Bell here and he is town we go to 9:4. Vig probably kills DEB (unless there is scum doc or DEB is somehow town in that case), we go into tomorrow at 8:3 without the result. Is that really so much better than the other worst case?
GTKAMURDERCAT

Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4234 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Double the Trouble »

Yeah my bad.

VOTE: Polar Bear Express

- Norwee
Open Alisae/NorwegianboyEE hydra.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4235 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:35 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Another way to think of it, if DEB is scum, what would FL try to get out of it. Would he trade DEB who hasn't done a lot for a D2 miselim on a town PR to basically control the game for today and possibly tomorrow?
I think this is possible enough that an elim on Bell isn't optimal.
I also don't like that DEB completely dipped from the thread.
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4236 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:37 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

If we use basic rules of thumb like "elim someone if they get CC'd" we are doing exactly what FL expects us to do and we will probably just lose.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #4237 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:50 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 4125, Bell wrote:Noraa, when you're town. Can you even focus when people are calling you scum all the time.
This hit deep in my frozen heart.
pain.
I dont know what to think anymore.
Pichu assure me that ur right and I will follow u forever and ever.

-nornor
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
pichu
pichu
Goon
pichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4238 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:57 am

Post by pichu »

i am right and you'll feel much better when you see Bell flip red
the reason he's contradicting himself and slipping now is because he's playing like he has nothing to lose
(because he doesn't!!!)

@Solstice: you really need to start using that razor occam gave you
if it looks like scum thinks like scum and acts like scum - it's just scum and not town making REALLY weird plays
pichu
pichu
Goon
pichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4239 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:59 am

Post by pichu »

hey Bell
how do you read Creature and would you vote for him
pichu
pichu
Goon
pichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4240 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:05 am

Post by pichu »

In post 4208, Solstice wrote:
In post 4150, Polar Bear Express wrote:
In post 4132, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 4129, Polar Bear Express wrote:Can you link some Bell scumgames for me?
i played with bell in antechamber and epilogue and both times he was very uncomfortable and low effort as scum.
So you think this is scum indicative for him? Yeah, I think that kind of fits with what we’re seeing here.
[That doesn't fit with what we're seeing here, what??]

[Eh. Awkward yeah, low effort no. He's going through the motions of bringing up how BM/NK15 interactions are really important to his solve and has also vowed to high effort for the next 6 days. I don't really know what the point for him to do that as scum is since he's very clearly dead here.]

[although he hasn't delivered on much of the solve -- that's why I keep harping on him for reads. At first I was more understanding cause I hate giving reads on players I haven't evaluated.]

[...but i can do it. very easily as town. Cause i know i can change em later and it's whatever. I take way more time as scum cause my thought process just isn't as deeply ingrained into my mind, im too busy worrying about other stuff, i care about how it comes off etc etc etc. Bell repeatedly refusing to give us his toilet paper reads becomes less and less believable every time he says it]
Double the Trouble wrote:
In post 4206, Solstice wrote:[I have never seen town fake-react to a fake hammer, just seen scum fake-react a small handful of times. So is this a first for me, orrr]
why should town be fake-reacting to a fake hammer in the first place?
[I have no clue. Technically you could justify it because it in theory gives you greater chances of living if it's bought, and living is good for townies too. In practice, that's a terrible idea because you're lying and generally people are trying to find liars, so when you do a fake reaction to a hammer, it tends to make you look worse.]

[Bell then shortly after clarifying he wouldn't fake react to a hammer he knows is fake, despite that being what he literally just did, is just.. alright then...]

[I can technically see a townie justifying a desperate play like that in their mind, sure. Subsequently admitting they would never do that like they're going through some kind of cognitive dissonance.... okay. there's a certain point where town!Bell can't really blame us.]

[Idk. Overall this is a lot different from what I expected from scum!Bell. But that can maybe be explained by him trying something new, something flaily and all over the place with a bunch of emotions. something that is sure to get me at least]

[I am pretty much basing my read (at this point) off of Bell's behaviour knowing he's going to die -- since there is no scum motivation to solve when he knows it doesn't save his life -- and what does he do? he doesn't even give readsssss. Oh Bell... why must you do this?]

~Morning
does this mean you still read Bell as town despite everything
the thing you're basing your read on is on a false premise
Pooky himself has said he thinks Bell is town and there's a perfectly viable counterwagon in Creature
Bell does not KNOW he's going to die - many have advocated he live for at least a day
he's fighting because he thinks he has a chance
Bell contradicting himself in the same post is not town!Bell going through some really unlikely and weird cognitive dissonance - it hard to do that when it's honest thoughts
the far more likely explanation is that scum!Bell is slipping up while faking those thoughts
Solstice
Solstice
Goon
Solstice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4241 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:08 am

Post by Solstice »

In post 4238, pichu wrote:@Solstice: you really need to start using that razor occam gave you
if it looks like scum thinks like scum and acts like scum - it's just scum and not town making REALLY weird plays
[Yea i'm fine with that]

[Bell I feel like if you were town, you wouldn't be holding your solve so close to the chest. if you were town, it'd be pretty easy to give us something, anything you have an opinion on]

[Pedit: I'm not townreading Bell no. I am wary of the Detective v. Detective thing, and the emotion and etcetera is a new look for scum!Bell that i've seen. But i wouldn't say he's townie outside of being out of his scum meta]

[I wanted him to keep spewing information before he dies, which would be useful to him if he's town and useful to us no matter what his alignment is -- although I'm not sure he's going to deliver on that solve]

~Morning
You only have one shot.

Hydra account of Mistyx and Morning Tweet.
pichu
pichu
Goon
pichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4242 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:11 am

Post by pichu »

alright alright
i just worry you know
it would break my heart if he got away today after everything
Solstice
Solstice
Goon
Solstice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4243 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:12 am

Post by Solstice »

In post 4237, Noraa wrote:
In post 4125, Bell wrote:Noraa, when you're town. Can you even focus when people are calling you scum all the time.
This hit deep in my frozen heart.
pain.
I dont know what to think anymore.
Pichu assure me that ur right and I will follow u forever and ever.

-nornor
[Hasn't he already done that, possibly multiple times?]

[Oh btw to comment on the claims for the millionth time, I don't really see what the point is for DrEasy!scum to CC town!Bell is? Correct me if i'm wrong, but was that really necessary? There's also the unlikeliness that DrEasy was crumbing the exact same role town!Bell happened to have -- although you could say that DrEasy's crumb could apply to a few other investigative roles actually. Hmm]

~Morning
You only have one shot.

Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #4244 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:16 am

Post by Ircher »

Town!Bell and scum!DEB is by far the least likely scenario.
Solstice
Solstice
Goon
Solstice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4245 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:23 am

Post by Solstice »

In post 4235, MURDERCAT wrote:Another way to think of it, if DEB is scum, what would FL try to get out of it. Would he trade DEB who hasn't done a lot for a D2 miselim on a town PR to basically control the game for today and possibly tomorrow?
I think this is possible enough that an elim on Bell isn't optimal.
I also don't like that DEB completely dipped from the thread.
[Yeah, so my thinking is that this isn't really possible enough to justify sparing Bell]

[In my mind, Dr Easy is likely town and the situation where Bell is town is if it's TvT with a sabotaged setup. and SvS is probably still more likely than Bell!town Dr!scum so Bell remains a fine pick anyway]

[i am conceding that the sabotaged setup requires that specific choice from FL to happen, combined with Bell's really strange behaviour as a town to also happen. So it's not as likely as i thought]

~Morning
You only have one shot.

Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #4246 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:27 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 4235, MURDERCAT wrote:I also don't like that DEB completely dipped from the thread.
Also, this isn't true. DEB's last post is only 13 hours ago. You can't expect people to be posting constantly throughout each IRL day.
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #4247 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:35 am

Post by Polar Bear Express »

im glad gloria was fine with the vote hehe my polar bear gifs got to her :good:

Gloria agrees with Pichu.
Noraa trusts in Pichu.

Our vote is yours Pichu <3
Pichu can officially be given the modifier "doublevoting"

-nornnor
Purchase a ticket aboard the Polar Bear Express and see millions of different kinds of polar bears. For example the nancy unicorn polar bears and the noraa ultrafloofy polar bears.
pichu
pichu
Goon
pichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4248 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:02 am

Post by pichu »

your vote will be put to excellent use!
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4249 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:24 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 4246, Ircher wrote:
In post 4235, MURDERCAT wrote:I also don't like that DEB completely dipped from the thread.
Also, this isn't true. DEB's last post is only 13 hours ago. You can't expect people to be posting constantly throughout each IRL day.
You are giving DEB a lot of credit for his nothing post while criticizing me about fluff the whole game. He hasn't posted meaningfully since claiming.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”