Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:46 am

Post by Mariyta »

MafiaMann wrote:
Ensorcel Sekinji

Dont ask
Mafiamann comes across as scummy, but I can't think of a role involved in enchanting that would hurt the town, especially since you're still alive and well and seem to be able to participate just fine. I have a few ideas what the role might entail, but I understand Mafia's concern, and I'm not going to reveal them as of yet.

Vote count
(8 players alive = 5 to lynch before deadline)
(1) MafiaMann – Singing Librarian
(1) sekinj – Rage
(1) thinktank – sekinj

Not voting:
Gremwell, MafiaMann, Mariyta, raverblood, thinktank

Deadline:
Thursday 4 September 2:00 PM (GMT -5 according to forum clock)
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:26 am

Post by Gremwell »

Dispel Sekinji
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:31 am

Post by Gremwell »

I'll explain later
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:52 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Gremwell wrote:
Dispel Sekinji
is this sarcasm or real.
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:13 am

Post by Gremwell »

It's not sarcasm and not real, don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't believe your claim, I was just looking at this with a healthy dose of skepticism. It would be easy to claim some sort of power like that, that can't be proven.

What I'm most curious about is why you must declare it in thread rather then as a night choice, I don't expect an answer, and am not looking for a claim, just something that was bugging me.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Mariyta »

Vote Gremwell
I'm still comfortable with this. He doesn't really participate much, and this last bit just seems like a lame attempt to seem town without stirring the pot much.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by Gremwell »

I fail to see what makes your actions town and my actions an attempt to seem town. There is nothing making me any more scummy than you. You've been all over the place, and dropping votes with little or no case on the person. IIRC quite a few people were ready to let you swing D1, the only thing that stopped them was the few pushing the binary lynch on OGML.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:36 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Gremwell wrote:I fail to see what makes your actions town and my actions an attempt to seem town. There is nothing making me any more scummy than you. You've been all over the place, and dropping votes with little or no case on the person. IIRC quite a few people were ready to let you swing D1, the only thing that stopped them was the few pushing the binary lynch on OGML.
Then why don't you actually do something and post a case on me?
-Susan Ertz

sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by sekinj »

@grem: I'd like to see you post a case on someone anyway
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by Gremwell »

sekinj wrote:@grem: I'd like to see you post a case on someone anyway
so what does this mean? we'll all take a break as the deadline nears and put one player on the spot?

I haven't posted a case on anyone because I haven't seen enough evidence on any one to justify a vote at this point.

One question I'd like everyone on the OGML lynch to answer is why you voted for him? Specifically those who were first few on the wagon,

My reason for voting was to keep us from going to a no lynch, which, had this been a normal game I would have preferred, because looking back, he was not the best choice. I posted my vote quickly and with little support because I was worried about being locked out of the thread, by the two posts before mine.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by sekinj »

@grem: whine, whine, whine. Yeah, I just got lazy, and after my 125th post I just decided that OTHER PEOPLE SHOULD PARTICIPATE TOO. wow, how silly of me.

@all: I'd like to see a case against someone for everyone! a lot of people have promised to go back and look at MM, well, let's see see what you've come up with!

just to put things in perspective here is the current post count from everyone:

Sing – 16
raver – 22
Think - 31
Grem – 33
MM – 39
Rage – 59
Mar – 63
sekinj – 127
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by Gremwell »

for the record quantity of posts =/= quality posting
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Gremwell wrote:for the record quantity of posts =/= quality posting
You have neither, so I guess you don't need to worry. Where's the case on me? I'm waiting to be ripped to shreds.
-Susan Ertz

sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by sekinj »

Mariyta wrote:
You have neither, so I guess you don't need to worry. Where's the case on me? I'm waiting to be ripped to shreds.
qft
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Gremwell »

Yes, lets get into personal shots, I believe the game is supposed to be about scum hunting and building cases on others, rather than asking them to build a case on you.

Since you will no doubt respond some where along the lines of "lets see some more of that from you" I'll save us all the time and post what apparently passes for worthwhile participation with you.

@Mariytia: you're the one with a vote on me so I'd like to see the case actually spelled out rather than alluded to, burden of proof is on the prosecution.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by Gremwell »

sekinj wrote:
Mariyta wrote:
qft
And then you wonder why you have double everyone else's posts, but what does this say? absolutely nothing. How does it help the town or even really relate to the game? It dosen't.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by sekinj »

Gremwell wrote:
sekinj wrote:
Mariyta wrote:
qft
And then you wonder why you have double everyone else's posts, but what does this say? absolutely nothing. How does it help the town or even really relate to the game? It dosen't.
Oh My Goodness. Please whine some more. I will go ahead and do mar the favor of saying OMGUS, much? You are attacking my post content because I am asking you to particpate and post a case on someone?
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by Rage »

Returned and catching up now. I should be back to my usual activity by tomorrow morning, and I want to answer this before I go to bed.
Gremwell wrote:
sekinj wrote:@grem: I'd like to see you post a case on someone anyway
so what does this mean? we'll all take a break as the deadline nears and put one player on the spot?
..duh. No one, myself included, has presented much of a case on anyone else, so we pressure one player. It just so happens to be you.
Gremwell wrote:I haven't posted a case on anyone because I haven't seen enough evidence on any one to justify a vote at this point.
You need a vote to pressure someone?
One question I'd like everyone on the OGML lynch to answer is why you voted for him?
At first I wanted more reasoning behind his counterclaim of Sekinj, but even after other players expressed their interests in hearing more information too, he argued against it. Then, seeing little to no way that either Sekinj of OhGodMyLife would give up information, seeing as how both made sure that they didn't misinterpret their roles and the information given to them, I decided to continue against OhGodMyLife, because it just seemed, and seems, very obvious to me that in a game of mafia whoever has the bulk of information will become very suspicious, or at least have to really prove their worth. Such as a scum fakeclaiming a Cop, if they are proven wrong, they lose. I can totally understand a pro-town informative role being looked at oddly, because it is so easy to lie in mafia, but seeing OhGodMyLife turn up Town is making me reconsider my view of Sekinj.

And then, when we started to move past our desperate search for information, OhGodMyLife backed off of Sekinj and asked the question, which goes something like, "Is there any way you could have misinterpreted your information?", and I honestly did not believe a word OhGodMyLife was saying after that. That's why I pushed for a nameclaim, something that I myself could prove and turn the tide of the battle between Sekinj and OGML, but he protested revealing even that, his own name, and when I pushed on the fact that if he were to be lynched he would give it up anyways, he turned his vote to me and continued to dismiss every argument I had against him away. As you can probably tell, I didn't like that, because no only did it seem scummy to be voting for a player advocating more information for the Town to decide upon a lynch, but it also seemed odd that after so much pressure on him and that he had started against Sekinj, he would give up his counterclaim and ask once again if Sekinj had misinterpreted her information, which she has not.

Oh, and now my case against Sekinj is that it is scummy to me that she would bring up the possibility of her being insane, and then agreeing with Mariyta, which
looks
to me like scum buddying with a townie, for pressure against thinktank, because right after a Town-flip/mislynch who had counterclaimed her it seems scummy for Sekinj to be deflecting attention to thinktank, who I think is not the one the Town should pressure as we approach a deadline, which we have had a bit of trouble with in the past.

Also, I want to say this again, that I really want to claim. Voice your opinion, damnit!
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by Rage »

Oh, wow, a lot of crossposting. Well, more for me to read tomorrow.

Now, sleep!
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:33 am

Post by Mariyta »

Gremwell wrote:Yes, lets get into personal shots, I believe the game is supposed to be about scum hunting and building cases on others, rather than asking them to build a case on you.

Since you will no doubt respond some where along the lines of "lets see some more of that from you" I'll save us all the time and post what apparently passes for worthwhile participation with you.

@Mariytia: you're the one with a vote on me so I'd like to see the case actually spelled out rather than alluded to, burden of proof is on the prosecution.
I've already posted my case, at least twice. Please post yours.
-Susan Ertz

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:58 am

Post by Mariyta »

Beuller? Beuller?
-Susan Ertz

Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by Rage »

Fairus Wheel or
Ferris
Wheel?

What do you think of me claiming, Mariyta?

.. or anyone, seeing as how we've all gone mysteriously quiet.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by sekinj »

@rage: by the way, I didn't bring up the possibility of me being insane. someone else brought it up on Day 1 and then again I was asked about it on Day 2. I at first agreed that it might be a possibility, but then discarded it.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by Gremwell »

I'll not be posting a case on you, because I do not have one, which I have said at least once already.

The reason I put on my list of suspicion is firstly because your quick flip onto OGML and being one of the first on his wagon. And secondly it seemed you were becoming increasingly defensive with little or no reason.

However looking back on post in isolation I decided I don't have enough to justify a vote so I have withheld my vote accordingly.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Rage, I don't think you should claim unless a) you're under suspicion, b) we do a mass claim.

We have a deadline in two days. My vote is staying where it is unless I get a pretty damn good reason to move it.

Gremwell, who would you vote right now and why? "I don't know" or "There's not enough evidence against anyone" are not valid answers.

Same question to everyone else. We need to make a decision, and soon.
-Susan Ertz

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”