Mini 660 - Star Trek: DS9 Mafia (Ruined = Over)

Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by Jebus »

I'm Vic Fontaine, the hologram. Basically, a modified version of a tracker.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:29 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Hmm, My characters role/flavor matches that of the show, while vic fontaine as a tracker, doesn't as he's a hologram and is thus convined to areas with holoemitters.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by Jebus »

Like the holosuites at Quark’s bar?
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Jebus wrote:Like the holosuites at Quark’s bar?
exactly, and what good is a tracker if all he can do is stay in the holosuites at quarks bar? Nothing about my role indicates i have any business there, so how would you ever be able to track me?
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by Timeater »

Interesting, very interesting, need to think about this.
watch for the eggshells
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by Jebus »

ZONEACE wrote:
Jebus wrote:Like the holosuites at Quark’s bar?
exactly, and what good is a tracker if all he can do is stay in the holosuites at quarks bar? Nothing about my role indicates i have any business there, so how would you ever be able to track me?
Apparently you all go in there at night and talk about stuff, and I listen in on it all.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

and that's where I call bullshit, there is no indication in the opening post flavor or my role PM flavor to suggest i would ever be in Quarks, let alone the holosuites.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by Timeater »

His role does make sense, flavor-wise. Vic is very personable and knows everything about everybody. He's sort of like a conselor before Ezri shows up. He even helped Odo. Vic is also supposed to be a super-advanced holo-program who is aware of his own condition, which makes him unique. Granted, it would be a convient role for scum to claim, because while it is not eminent, its not really an obvious scum threat, like townie, and wont have to explain himself if he survives a few turns.

I'm guessing Jebus has yet to track anyone, because its probably a night action. Not sure how the role would work, maybe something like a hobo. Like "so and so was at the klingon resturant, or I hear so and so was at garak's tailor shop".

I'm going to caution an unvote on Jebus for now, because he might be useful for hunting down changelings (hopefully there is only one) and cardassians.

Unvote
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by Timeater »

edwop: Granted, it would be a convient role for scum to claim, because while it is not eminent, its not really an obvious scum threat, like doc or cop*, and wont have to explain himself if he survives a few turns.
watch for the eggshells
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by Jebus »

I choose who I listen to, so the lack of indication means nothing, really. I take it you're not a regular townie-equivalent, since you say nothing indicates an event, when townies almost never have indicated events in their role-pm. Even in the flavour.

I'd assume it's all spontaneous as well.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by Jebus »

And @ Tim: Like I said, I don't really know much about Star Trek at all >.<
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

I'm not buying it. Having a tracker that is confined to the holosuites is useless i don't care HOW ADVANCED HE IS.

I know advocating the lynching of a claimed tracker isn't the most well liked thing, but the claim does not make sense.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:17 pm

Post by Timeater »

If I remember correctly Vic has access to the stations systems outside of his holo-program. Let me see if I can find the canon source.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:25 pm

Post by Timeater »

I think his station monitoring capabilities are mentioned in the season 6 episode,
His Way

You can watch it here:

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v369089YyqHp ... Watch=true
Star Trek Wiki wrote:
Vic Fontaine was a holographic singer who was part of a program which simulated 1962 Las Vegas, Earth. He was a lounge singer who ran a nightclub in the city of Las Vegas. He was modeled after entertainers such as Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin, and had a repertoire of swing-era songs that he performed with his band. Vic was designed by Felix to be fully interactive with the program's participants and was even aware of his holographic existence. Felix programmed Fontaine to be self-aware. Fontaine was so sophisticated that he was able to turn himself on and off. Fontaine was programmed to be highly perceptive of human nature and in that capacity proved to be a valuable mentor to many residents of DS9. Felix gave the program to his friend, Dr. Julian Bashir of Deep Space 9, who installed it in one of the station's holosuites at Quark's.

Life on Deep Space 9

Because he was so advanced, the station crew began to think of Vic as a real person. He helped Odo with his attempts to win the love of Kira Nerys. Odo asked Vic for a little romantic advice in winning over Kira. Fontaine turned Odo into a tuxedo-clad piano player and invited a pair of beautiful holo-showgirls so that Odo could practice being at ease around women. Vic played matchmaker, told Kira about Odo's feelings, and arranged a date for them in his nightclub. Vic's advice and matchmaking paid off, and the two fell in love. (DS9: "His Way")

After Ensign Nog lost his leg on AR-558, he struggled, both emotionally and physically, to cope with his disability, even though his new biosynthetic leg worked perfectly. Nog decided to take his medical leave in the Vic Fontaine holoprogram. At one point, Nog's sensitivity about his handicap erupted, and he punched Jake who had come to the lounge on a date prompting Vic to order Nog out of the club. Around that time, Nog had become Vic's personal accountant. Profits rose, but Vic realized that Nog was using the program to avoid reality, and prodded Nog to return to life aboard DS9. Vic abruptly ended the program, and Nog was unable to reactivate the program. When Vic reactivated the program, he was able to convince Nog to return to the real world. In exchange, Nog arranged for Vic's program to stay online continuously, enabling Vic to experience something close to real life. (DS9: "It's Only a Paper Moon")

In 2375, a jack-in-the-box was activated in Vic's program. The unexpected plot development was part of the program originally designed by Felix. Vic was fired from his lounge as the mob took over his business. The crew of Deep Space 9 joined Vic and helped him regain his position. But it had to be done in a way that was period specific to the program. As such they devised a con game that got rid of the mobsters and restored the hologram to the way it was before. (DS9: "Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang")

Vic put on a special concert for the command crew of Deep Space 9 after the end of the Dominion War. It was the last time they were all together before many took new assignments after the war. (DS9: "What You Leave Behind")
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

THAT STILL DOESN'T GIVE HIM THE ABILITY TO LEAVE THE HOLOSUITES. And jebus gave no indication that he can use station systems to eavesdrop (which would clearly be in the flavor if that was the case.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by Timeater »

He doesn't -NEED- to leave the holosuits.
watch for the eggshells
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

HE DIDN'T MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT USING LISTENING DEVICES.

this sounds like a given safe claim that dind't have background, and jebus didn't research.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by Timeater »

OH MY GOD CAPS LOCKS JUST MAKES YOU GET ACROSS A POINT SO MUCH BETTER. (not)

Anyways, I'm content _for now_ to lay off Jebus and start thinking about other people. Zone, it sounds to me like a weaker townie support role that channelbird just threw in there because he was running out of real characters to setup roles for. Tracker can be useful, but is by no means a cop or a doc. It fits for me. Jebus, feel free to interject anytime.
watch for the eggshells
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:38 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Timeater wrote:OH MY GOD CAPS LOCKS JUST MAKES YOU GET ACROSS A POINT SO MUCH BETTER. (not)

Anyways, I'm content _for now_ to lay off Jebus and start thinking about other people. Zone, it sounds to me like a weaker townie support role that channelbird just threw in there because he was running out of real characters to setup roles for. Tracker can be useful, but is by no means a cop or a doc. It fits for me. Jebus, feel free to interject anytime.
running out of characters to set up roles for? I mean I'll admit, my role isn't exactly a regular, far from it, but it at least makes sense in the DS9 flavorverse.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by sekinj »

Light-kun wrote:Hm... Sekinj, while I do agree that jeebus is fairly scummy, I am just a little worried about your opinion that the loss of a townie is ultimately good for town.. *Granted... he has been scummy, but that thought process is just suspicious...*

*Waits for Jeebus to claim, and again, I know nothing of Star Trek, please tell me if claim seems really stupid, cause I think I would buy virtually anything.*
I will always be willing to vote for a townie who is distracting the town. If there is a scummy player, that i persoanlly don't believe is scum, but the deadline is approaching, and no other wagons gain ground, I will switch my vote in order to avoid a no lynch, and get rid of the town distraction. Even if I don't think the person is scum, I know that the player will get in the way of finding real scum.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by sekinj »

I am satisfied with Jebus's claim. The only way Vic could be scum is in the alternate universe, which is a stretch.

the thing about leaving the holosuite is dumb. my role certainly has no indication that the areas that existed in DS9 are active or in use here. We are using the characters, not necessarily the actual space station. Does anyone have anything in their role or flavor that would indicate we ARE using real rooms and areas and physical things relating to the station?? nothing in my PM would indicate that.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by sekinj »

EBWOP:
unvote: Jebus
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

sekinj wrote: Does anyone have anything in their role or flavor that would indicate we ARE using real rooms and areas and physical things relating to the station??

My role PM indicates that the events are taking place on the station.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by Timeater »

So does mine.

Its DS9 Mafia people, of course the happenings are taking place on the station.
watch for the eggshells
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:44 pm

Post by sekinj »

Yes, yes, of course it is on the station. But is it any more detailed than that? are you confined to certain areas? are any areas even mentioned??
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”