PookyTheMagicalBear v Flavor Leaf (Game Over)

Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by Double the Trouble »

Like the biggest thing that both me and norwee agree on is that town!dunn has no agenda.
But this dunnstral very clearly has an agenda and is trying to push it. ESPECIALLY when all I'm asking for them is to justify their read and they refuse to engage with me.
Open Alisae/NorwegianboyEE hydra.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by mastina »

Fair warning: I am sick right now so may not be able to be as lucid as normal or as active as normal.
Still tho, need to do this.
In post 1179, Spiffeh wrote:Hey mastina I also think Creature has a good shot at being scum do you town read me yet?
You are not above distancing or even bussing one or two scumbuddies (and, opposite, white knighting town players especially ones which have some pressure but aren't actually likely eliminations) if you think doing so will set you up to eliminate double that in town, so no. :P

Your efforts prior to have been focused on pushing slots that're probably town but are very easy to come up with reasons to scumread.

Do I think you're lockscum? Hell no. In terms of play, you're one of the towniest slots in term of content among my poe list. (Admittedly not much of a feat, I confess.) Do I feel that you should be town for your content, though? Also no.
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:58 pm

i have never been more excited in my life to see mastina start posting again tbh
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1270, pichu wrote:
In post 1134, MURDERCAT wrote:Allow me to sum up the last 10 pages of content
Allow me to sum up the last few murdercat posts
Accurate and is justifiably a reason why MURDERCAT is in the poe.

I genuinely feel that the vast majority of the active players are town, and that the vast majority of the scum will be in the more lurkery slots.

Not necessarily lurking in posting frequency (tho that can also be true), but in the nature of the 'content' they are posting.

MURDERCAT is near the top of the charts for slots active lurking in a scum-indicative way.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1291, MURDERCAT wrote:ok sure VOTE: Ircher
(While I recognize there is a fair chance that Ircher is scum, if he is not, then this is by far the scummiest Ircher vote on that page.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1319, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:we will eliminate someone from this list today:
Double Trouble
Ircher
Battle Mage
Dunnstral
Considering that Double Trouble is painfully obviously town here.
And considering that Dunnstral is giving off very very strong townvibes with a ton of good takes here and I think that his approach is highly town-indicative.

I will never support a wagon on either of them.

So the list of eliminations to me would then be Ircher, Battle Mage.

I'm willing to compromise-vote on Ircher, but only with the specific caveat that you cannot blame me if he flips town, because while there's a reasonable chance for him to be scum, it is far from a guarantee.

I vastly, VASTLY prefer Battle Mage here because he is pretty damn transparently scum this game.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1335, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1333, MURDERCAT wrote:I for one, welcome our Pooky overlord who is letting me ignore almost all of you
Murdercatto really wants to get put in the POE
It would be a welcome addition since MURDERCAT's chances of flipping scum are at least equal to Ircher's--which is to say, infinitesimally higher than Dunn/Double's chances.
In post 1341, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:norwee hasn't done that thing where he obvtowns yet
Except Norwee has?

I realize that Alisae's posts are, overall, less town than Norwee's posts are (tho there are still strong town indicates from Alisae's half, too!).
But Norwee's posts are plenty town.
In post 1343, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:norwee is like very very easy to read
I agree with this assessment!

I disagree that Norwee hasn't shown it!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:17 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1351, Double the Trouble wrote:Am I giving Toogeloo and Bell too much credit?
Nope! Both have shown themselves town when around. I realize it can be easy to forget the townness of a slot when they stop posting for a while (and the inverse is also true, to forget the scumness of a slot when they stop posting for a while, thus why lurking is such a strong scum tactic), but if you go and reread their posts outside of iso (as in, look at the posts they are making not in isolation, but rather on the pages they made them to see the content around them), you'll quickly be reminded of why they are town.
In post 1374, Netflix and Chill wrote:I would compromise on Battle Mage, but wouldn't really be happy about it unless it flipped scum.
I mean that goes for literally every player on every slot they're not scumreading. :P
(It is close to my stance on Ircher tho. I wouldn't be happy if I was forced to compromise there because Battle Mage is just transparently scum here, but I'd be more okay with it if he did flip scum.)
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1628, mastina wrote:MURDERCAT is near the top of the charts for slots active lurking in a scum-indicative way.
No I'm town
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:23 pm

Post by mastina »

[quote="In post 1420, Ircher"
In post 731, Battle Mage wrote:i turned up
i saw 28 pages
i used search function for "battle mage"
This is 100% buyable. I do something similar from time to time. Furthermore, given Battle Mage's demeanor, this seems 100% inline as something they would do.[/quote]
X

Battle Mage himself admitted it's something he's never done before--and for good reason, because it is very much not in character with his towngame whatsoever.
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:27 pm

Would like to reiterate and emphasize that this is very much town!Mastina.

- Norwee
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1440, Ircher wrote:Eh, I don't agree mainly cuz Creature is coming off as not at all invested in the game's outcome.
And which alignment is Creature more likely to be when he's not invested in the game's outcome?

I realize his townplay has atrophied and his scumplay has improved.

But I would still expect the alignment he cares less as, to be scum.
In post 1446, Not Known 15 wrote:VOTE: Double the Trouble
I have played with Norwegianboy in the past. This isn't town. This is scum drowning the thread with distracting and spammy posts.
I consider this lazy-at-best, scum-at-worst considering that Norwegian is far from spammy; the spammy posts come from Alisae, who is very much not scum for that trait. (If anything, the opposite.)
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1625, Double the Trouble wrote:Like the biggest thing that both me and norwee agree on is that town!dunn has no agenda.
But this dunnstral very clearly has an agenda and is trying to push it. ESPECIALLY when all I'm asking for them is to justify their read and they refuse to engage with me.
I just played a game with Dunnstral where he was town and had an agenda

I think you're being a little tunnelly and OMGUS-y here

(which makes me think you're more likely to be town btw)
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1488, Solstice wrote:i uh
don't like this
hmm
~mist
I think Toogeloo's take is bad, but I very much don't think it's scum-Toog. I think it's a questionable take that happens to be wrong, but which comes from town.

is a much better take (and closer to my own thoughts), and equally as highly likely to come from town.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:35 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1509, pichu wrote:this man is actually trying to read off of Flavor Leaf's posts
No, he's scum faking pretty damn transparently bad reads with bad takes.

I said this was very obviously Battle Mage's scumgame and I stand by that assertion.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1519, Battle Mage wrote:can someone give me a heads up if i get to -1 so i can claim? lol
For the record I have very strong reasons to believe that this approach from Battle Mage is him as scum, too. It is not how he approaches being wagoned as town and it is not how he softs a claim as town.
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:41 pm

I agree with all you say regarding Battle Mage. And i think that’s the better vote over Ircher because all of my meta experience with BM tells me something isn’t right. This is not their towngame.
VOTE: Battle Mage

- Norwee
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 1612, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:@Those on the Ircher/Trouble/BM wagons:

What's the best reason you want to elim the person you are voting for?
I'm good with either Ircher or BM currently. Trouble isn't really all that scummy to me. Ircher's fluff and IioA within the walls of quotes don't really strike me as productive town posting and are more of a post quota filling thing. I don't like that BM's current position that Pooky is responsible for town and our progression. While you/Pooky are worth regarding, you and your masonry are not infallible, and it's important that we disregard your advice from time to time, and also equally important that we don't hinge the entire game on your say so. It allows scum to weasel out of taking positions because they can attribute actions they take based on possible bad decisions by Pooky-management. Anyone who is willing to give you/Pooky all the leash you want and build cases or make plays based on your PoE will find ways to absolve themselves of wrong doing as well.

Outside of the current PoE, I'm not fully feeling the town Noraa vibes yet, and her posting has been far more distracting and super fluffy in general. Dr. Easy Bake isn't giving me any real town vibes and is a bit too jokey with scum jokes for me to take seriously as a town slot. Creature is being rather useless in general, which is his M.O. as scum more than town, but I'm not sold on the idea that FL would actually draft Creature, so he's a black horse pick.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

That being said, in regards to Pooky managing us, I am not disillusioned to the fact that almost every game day is still going to come down to Pooky telling us what he wants and the vast majority of us are still going to work within his requests. I just don't like the idea in general since it will prevent certain naturally occurring associations from developing.
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:47 pm

In post 1643, Toogeloo wrote:That being said, in regards to Pooky managing us, I am not disillusioned to the fact that almost every game day is still going to come down to Pooky telling us what he wants and the vast majority of us are still going to work within his requests. I just don't like the idea in general since it will prevent certain naturally occurring associations from developing.
But it does allow focus. Toogelo. And considering how most players seemed disinterested until now, and mainly posting fluff. It’s a good thing that Pooky alerted us to the issue at hand, which is solving. So i’m not seeing anything bad from this, even if our slot was put in there.

- Norwee
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1532, Battle Mage wrote:ok as you can tell I've run out of steam...I'll keep going tomorrow until I catch up
Ah yes.

Your 'content' can be summed up as:
Polar Bear Express is an unlikely FL pick (this is fair); Ali/Norwee would be a top pick (this is a bad take that fuels the paranoia on the slot when it's pretty damn clearly false).

Speculating that the confscum talking indicates I am scum (this is a bad take for pretty obvious reasons); calling mastina-Dunn one town/one scum also off of the confscum (this is also a bad take for the same obvious reasons); Bell town (this is fair, as BM should see Bell's townness); reaffirming Noraa's town (this is fair); calling Ydrasse scum (this is a bad take).

Asking for a heads up if at L-1, proving that you're reading the thread because what good would this notification do for you if you weren't? (this is important enough of something that I'm going to requote that post to point it out since I missed this implication the first time).

Calling Toogeloo town (this is fair).

Elaborating on your stance which proves you are reading the game without commenting on it.

Placing an opportunistic vote on Double the Trouble and indicating you are aware that the ic said that there were four names in contention with Ircher and Double Trouble as two of them.

Taking back the bad-Ydrasse take and calling Ydrasse town (this is fair).

Calling Solstice scum, a take that's questionable (I cannot in good faith call it a bad take because there's at least some merit to the accusation, but it is still a questionable stance to take due to the ease and convenience of it).

Calling pichu town (this is fair).

A fluff post, followed by another fluff post.

And then you declaring you're out of steam.

So to reiterate.
Bad reads on 2-5 slots, where you do take back the bad read on one but leave the bad reads on the others.
Good reads on 4, later 5, slots.

And nothing more.

You've developed reads on a grand total of 9 slots (if I am being generous), in a 17-player game. After having read 730 posts, where every slot had posted at least once in that timeframe. You have reads, half of which are bad, on literally only half the playerlist.

Why are people thinking this is in any way Battle Mage as town?
He's being lazy.
He's making bad, easy takes, and avoiding taking stances on most players.
He's refusing to give the game much in the way of actual content.
And this is him after his V/LA has ended.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1519, Battle Mage wrote:can someone give me a heads up if i get to -1 so i can claim? lol
In post 1523, Battle Mage wrote:it's best to give warning when you put someone at E-1 so they can claim, in case they are a power role, or just because it's good practice/good for the game.
To reiterate:
Battle Mage claimed yesterday that, while on his V/LA, he was not reading the thread.
Battle Mage is asking that, if he is put to L-1, for it to be announced.
If Battle Mage was not reading the thread,
how would he be able to see the declaration of being at L-1
?

To see that he's at L-1 inherently requires that he is reading the thread enough to know it has happened...something he previously said he wasn't doing. To refresh your memory:
In post 731, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 709, Double the Trouble wrote:HOW DO YOU FIND THE ONE POST THAT CALLS YOU OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF A BUNCH OF PAGE
WHAT
HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN
i turned up
i saw 28 pages
I spent 5 minutes wondering why the fuck somebody had posted Morning Mage quotes.
i responded to a nice msg from Norwee
He claimed he responded to the message not due to reading the thread, but finding it with a search.
In post 743, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 734, Double the Trouble wrote:
In post 731, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 709, Double the Trouble wrote:HOW DO YOU FIND THE ONE POST THAT CALLS YOU OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF A BUNCH OF PAGE
WHAT
HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN
i turned up
i saw 28 pages
I spent 5 minutes wondering why the fuck somebody had posted Morning Mage quotes.
i responded to a nice msg from Norwee
i mean yes but why
i dunno, never done it before tbh. *shrug*
But when asked why he, allegedly, searched for his name inthread, he answers he doesn't know why and that he's never done it before.

So he's claiming he wasn't reading, that he found it through doing something he's never done before and had no reason to do here...but he wants to know if he gets to L-1 which requires...him to be reading the thread.

Which is cemented here:
In post 1526, Battle Mage wrote:also better VOTE: double the trouble as I owe Ircher one.
This post is indicative that Battle Mage is aware that Pooky made a pool of 4 players to eliminate within, containing both Ircher and Double the Trouble. It's a case of TMI given his stated narrative.

None of the posts in that range mentioned Pooky's pool of four, and yet somehow Battle Mage knows to vote Double the Trouble, one of the names in that pool of four, over Ircher, another name in the pool of four?

I call bullshit.

Battle Mage has read most of the thread already. Maybe genuinely not all of it, but he knows far, far more than he is pretending he knows.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1539, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:every1 already voting in the POE-4 pls give me your top SR and top TR in the POE-4 with reasons thanks.
My top scumread is Battle Mage because almost all of his claims are full of shit.

I know for a fact he posted content in other games during the time period he claims to have been V/LA in this game. In spite of no content in this game.

I know for a fact that his claim to have searched for his name is bullshit because this is the search result that'd be generated from it. It is far, far more likely that he was reading during his V/LA and not giving content, but felt the need to give a pop-in, so he invented an excuse to do so, banking on nobody checking his claimed method and hoping nobody would call this behavior out.

I know that he's softing a power role, but I know for a fact that the way he's doing so is his scum meta because town-BM does not soft in that way whereas scum-BM does.

Battle Mage's play here is his scum meta through and through, start to finish.

As for top townread, that I cannot give you as two of my top townreads are in your pool and you asked for me to describe only one--but Dunnstral and Double the Trouble are both equally not-scum to me in both being locktown reads of mine in my townbloc.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1643, Toogeloo wrote:That being said, in regards to Pooky managing us, I am not disillusioned to the fact that almost every game day is still going to come down to Pooky telling us what he wants and the vast majority of us are still going to work within his requests. I just don't like the idea in general since it will prevent certain naturally occurring associations from developing.

That being said, in regards to Pooky managing us, I am not disillusioned to the fact that almost every game day is still going to come down to Pooky telling us what he wants and the vast majority of us are still going to work within his requests. I just don't like the idea in general since it will prevent certain naturally occurring associations from developing.
Tooooooooge I wub u

My requests are like a "minimum" thing that I expect everyone playing to be able to do - it's more for the slackers and lurkers than for people who are into the game and posting lots. I love it when people take the initiative to go above and beyond and just post everything in their townie hearts so I can see how bright and good they are. Pls don't let my requests stop you from doing what you want to do! :3

Just don't elim any1 before I do their exit interview cuz "reasons"
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1557, Battle Mage wrote:I guarantee Titus veto'd me first to ensure this wouldn't be a scum walkover :lol:
I pretty much guarantee that if Titus didn't pick me before FL locked you in, she certainly did the moment he did. :P

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”