Mini 649-Everything comes down to money(Game Over)

Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Natirasha »

Vote Count 2.1

Riboflavin(2): Light-Kun, Netlava

Prodding Airhead
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Unvote

Just in case Airhead is mafia.
FoS Riboflavin
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by Light-kun »

EBWOP: And Ribo isn't**
Airhead
Airhead
Townie
Airhead
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by Airhead »

Hi. I just read the past few pages...

I promised myself I wasn't going to post for a bit to see if people would stop complaining that I posted too much and then I forgot about this game completely. It looks like Coron was just making it up how I was hurting his participation, and really he was just scum who wanted an excuse.

I saw that riboflavin and Light-Kun both complained about my posts, and I think that one of them possibly could have been just trying to make excuses like Coron was, or trying to paint me in a bad light for little reason.

There being three deaths was really confusing at first but then considering what a weak doctor means, and that the pro-town mafia probably acted like a vigilante, it makes sense.

I find riboflavin suspicious. I am not sure enough to hammer him yet, but since it appears Light-Kun has unvoted I could not hammer anyways.

I'd like to hear from riboflavin explicitly about what his alignment is and who his partner(s) are. To me it seems very much like he made a mistake and claimed scum, and is not pro-town.
pop.
riboflavin
riboflavin
Townie
riboflavin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:37 pm

Post by riboflavin »

why would i want to rat out my partners, i made a slip in my post and cant fix it so why drag them down with me?

vote riboflavin
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:20 am

Post by Artem »

riboflavin wrote:why would i want to rat out my partners...
So, you DO have partners?

Vote: riboflavin[/b[
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:21 am

Post by Artem »

EDBWOP:
Vote: riboflavin
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:46 am

Post by Netlava »

That's how the mafia should go down :P
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by Natirasha »

And that's a lynch.

The town begins the day with a bang.

"Three dead last night."
"Wait, but there's two mafias? And one's trying to help us? Huh?"
"Yeah, I'm in the mafia." Riboflavin says. And with that, the votes come on.

Alas, Riboflavin was a
vanilla townie
. Strange how the mind works. It is now night 2. You have 3 days for night targets.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by Natirasha »

As everyone headed home, the sun set.

Artem, however, forgot his (Admittedly, empty)wallet at town square. Next to the slowly rising pile of dead bodies, he grabbed it.

"Hello, Artem."

Twirling around, a dark, hooded man pushed a gun into Artem's mouth.

"Wrong place, wrong time." And the man pulled the trigger. Artem's lifeless body fell on top of riboflavin's. His wallet identified him as a
vanilla townie.
The town mourns, but they must stay vigilant, if they are ever to get rich.
It is now Day 3. With three alive, it's two to lynch.
Airhead
Airhead
Townie
Airhead
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:20 am

Post by Airhead »

Hey.

With three left I think we should mass claim. I am a vanilla townie.

riboflavin played really, really poorly. I am disappointed.

I think there are good reasons to think either Netlava or Light-Kun is scum. I'll make the best case I can for both and see what I think.

Light Kun:
Light-Kun wrote:
Light-kun wrote:While it is unlikely happen, Life of Pie, it is important for EVERYONE to remember that no one approaches every aspect of the game quite the same way. Some people, apparently, think that not having a vote on somebody makes you scum. I am curious as to how anyone can be held to this standard, when I don't feel obligated to put my vote on anyone unless I think they are scum. Also, I think that a FoS is just fine.

Hence:
Unvote

In any case, I think Coron is starting to Active lurk. *Glares*

Minor FoS Coron.

I really hope LifeofPie isn't mafia.... Seriously, Pie is both delicious and awesome.
So he thinks he is starting to active lurk, but that just warrants a minor fos? That seems inconsistent.
Light-kun wrote:
Coron wrote:
riboflavin wrote:think coron is active lurking havent seen him post until he is proded or suspected as lurking
Posting because someone is suspecting me of lurking.
Posting because Coron is suspected of lurking.

Seriously, do you have no defense or is this your style of play for the game?

*...*

I am really curious as to why you are lacking any reaction aside from mild cynicism.

Nati-Note: Oh, dear god, just uncheck that little button that says "disable BBCode", please.
This post seems a lot to me like he is asking his partner to please defend himself.

He then tags along at the end about Coron being a Jester, and votes him only when he misclaims, after the hammer already happened.

Netlava:

Netlava has said less this game, but his analysis has made sense. He voted Coron to pressure Coron, and was adamant about his lynch.

There are two things that really, really bug me about Netlava though.

1) First:
Netlava wrote:Actually, I agree, I think Coron has a good chance of being a jester, because it looks like he is being scummy on purpose.
Then:
Netlava, two posts of his, and 2 irl days later wrote:
Unvote, vote: Coron
Why put Coron at lynch -1 if you think there is "a good chance" of him being a Jester?

2)
Netlava wrote:Looks like sirdanilot was killed by the mafia aligned mafia :roll: and lifeofpie killed by the town aligned.

Light-kun, were you aware that coron had already been hammered when you voted?
Now, examining things very closely, this analysis makes sense, but you said this with a bit of certainty and quickness that makes me think you might have known it beforehand.

I guess right now I am leaning slightly that Netlava is scum, because it seemed he tried to get on the Coron wagon to get credit for lynching him while also saying that he has a good chance of being a Jester. I'd like to hear his explanation for that.

I could see Light-Kun being scum, just I think the chances are slightly better that Netlava is scum.

I'd like to hear his explanation for that, though, and I'd like to hear your defenses and attacks on each other in general as well so I can make a good decision.

Also, if you believe I am the last scum, then you should say why you think that so I can respond to your thoughts.
pop.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:40 am

Post by Natirasha »

I have prodded Netlava and Light-Kun
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Light-kun »

I was going to post after Netlava but he hasn't.

I wanted to see if he took my bait but his lack of post prevents it.

I am mafia goon, town-aligned. Obviously, SirD is my godfather, but he is dead, oh well.

Actually, while Night 1 occurred, SirD and I thought that both Air was probably more town. Net, however, we thought acted like Lifeofpie (who we killed night one). And yet, he thought that Net was more town than Life because he made real decisions. The counter here is that Net realized he could not save Coron, and went ahead to put him at L-1.

So, unless Netlava counterclaims, I am cleared.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:33 pm

Post by Netlava »

Sorry, been away from the computer mostly.

I was working under the assumption that light was town mafia yesterday, and I am still leaning towards believing his claim.

Therefore, I think airhead is the last remaining scum, even though she hasn't done anything particularly scummy this game.

I'll probably look over the game some time, but I don't see myself changing my vote.
Airhead
Airhead
Townie
Airhead
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:43 am

Post by Airhead »

Light-Kun wrote:So, unless Netlava counterclaims, I am cleared.
Netlava wrote:I was working under the assumption that light was town mafia yesterday, and I am still leaning towards believing his claim.
??? I was a bit surprised by his claim and did not believe it immediately. I wondered whether there would be a two person town mafia or whether there would just be a godfather. There has not been an extra kill since SirD died.

I don't think that Light-Kun was really cleared until Netlava said that he was cleared; I think Netlava again is revealing he has information about the setup. Why were you "working
under the assumption
" that Light was town-mafia? What made you think this?

Netlava, Light's claim, and your "believing" it so readily, makes me much more inclined to think you are scum.

In addition your saying that you haven't found anything scummy by me but by process of elimination think I am scum strikes me as odd because I don't see how Light was really cleared; there could have been a one person town mafia. I've seen a one person scum mafia before, so I see no reason to believe it couldn't have been the case, or why you assumed it wasn't.

Netlava you also didn't respond to either of my reasons for being suspicion of you. You also haven't claimed.

Light, why did you and your partner think I was town? Light, you also haven't really responded to my suspicion of you.

Reading back over, we know the weak doc died because he protected a mafia member. Now depending on how this weak doc is worded, he might die if he protects ANY mafia -- so either of you. So maybe he protected a town mafia and died. BUT if he had to protect a scum mafia to die -- do either of you think that I was a likely protection target night 1? I think that that is implausible.

I am about ready to vote Netlava, I'll let Light and Netlava respond to my questions, but I am about 75% convinced at this point that Netlava is the final scum (25% chance of Light).
pop.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:56 am

Post by Light-kun »

Seriously, Airhead... that is the most wordy post I have read... It could have been summed up in a paragraph or two....

*Anyway* Town aligned mafia wouldn't need a Godfather protection from investigations roles, and would therefore only need the ability to override who kills who between the two or more members.

The reason I NKed no one ie because of the three people alive last night, none of them were scummy enough for me to have a good guess. If I assumed that my role claim wouldn't be challenge, then I would still make the choice of who dies between the two supposed town aligned players, and have -1 person to eliminate error. However, had I picked someone to die last night who wasn't scum, and it was not the person scum targeted, then scum wins. So, no NK was the obvious move.

Actually, I wish Netlava (if mafia) had CC, the the real townie and the real town aligned mafia could no vote, two mafias kill each other, and town wins. (No matter who scum mafia chose to die.)

Since my plan did not work, then we will need to approach this the good old fashioned way...

*Le sigh*

I will begin reviewing game after posting in my three other games.
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:08 am

Post by Netlava »

I thought it was implied that I am vanilla.

The "extra info" really just comes from the night scenes. Airhead, would you say that all the information mentioned can be gained from the night scene?

Light has dropped quite a few hints at his role since day 1, which makes me lean on believing his claim.

Also:

1) I forgot to consider the idea of a self-hammer, and I didn't like the wifom it was leading.

2) Like I said, I didn't know beforehand. It was all gained from the night scenes.

After reading through the game, Coron's constant complaining about airhead's posts looks like a direction for airhead to post less. I also don't like the sound of this:
Airhead wrote:Coron you need to get active in this game, or you are going to end up being lynched.
It looks like you are warning Coron.
Airhead
Airhead
Townie
Airhead
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:55 am

Post by Airhead »

Netlava wrote:I thought it was implied that I am vanilla.
Why?
Netlava wrote:The "extra info" really just comes from the night scenes. Airhead, would you say that all the information mentioned can be gained from the night scene?
If you know what a weak doctor is, and know that the scum mafia killed the town mafia, then it is a lot easier to figure it out.
Netlava wrote:Light has dropped quite a few hints at his role since day 1, which makes me lean on believing his claim.
Such as?
Netlava wrote:Also:

1) I forgot to consider the idea of a self-hammer, and I didn't like the wifom it was leading.
I don't buy this. In almost back to back posts you say he is a likely jester then put him at lynch -1. I think you are scum.
Netlava wrote:After reading through the game, Coron's constant complaining about airhead's posts looks like a direction for airhead to post less. I also don't like the sound of this:
Airhead wrote:Coron you need to get active in this game, or you are going to end up being lynched.
I definitely was "warning him". I found his lack of posting suspicious. I told him so, and told him if it didn't change he'd be lynched.

And Coron actually quite specifically asked me to post less. He kept degrading my posts and saying that my posts were stopping him from playing the game, and saying that I was a dumb person who posted too long.

I am as sure as I can get that Netlava is the scum. His explanation about the jester thing makes little sense, he definitely figured out the N1 night kills way too quickly, and his instant believing of Light-Kun is suspicious.

vote: Netlava

Light if you could posts so I can see if I am right that would be great.

If I am, if you have any questions of me please ask them. I am town.
pop.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:04 am

Post by Natirasha »

Vote Count 3.1
Netlava(1): Airhead

With three alive, 2 to lynch.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:24 am

Post by Netlava »

Hmm, airhead has already voted me, and no hammer, so that means airhead is scum.
Vote: airhead

Airhead wrote:If you know what a weak doctor is, and know that the scum mafia killed the town mafia, then it is a lot easier to figure it out.
And why would the town not know this?
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Okay Netlava, aside from your argument of "Light is not scum, and I am town, thus Airhead is scum," do you have any evidence indicating Airhead is scum?
Show
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by Light-kun »

EBWOP:

@Airhead: Do you have any thoughts on how Netlava is scum?
Show
Airhead
Airhead
Townie
Airhead
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by Airhead »

Netlava wrote:Hmm, airhead has already voted me, and no hammer, so that means airhead is scum.
Vote: airhead
Well actually if you were town you wouldn't have known that until Light posted. You'd have pleaded for me to unvote if I were town because Light-scum would come hammer.

But you know that Light is town and you know you aren't going to get him lynched, so you decided to vote me.
Netlava wrote:
Airhead wrote:If you know what a weak doctor is, and know that the scum mafia killed the town mafia, then it is a lot easier to figure it out.
And why would the town not know this?
The town would have a lot more trouble figuring it out if they had no inside information. You already knew that the scum mafia killed the town mafia, so it was a lot easier for you to figure out what happened that night.
Light-kun wrote:Okay Netlava, aside from your argument of "Light is not scum, and I am town, thus Airhead is scum," do you have any evidence indicating Airhead is scum?
Well I think I've made my thought process pretty clear in the past couple of posts.

The most glaring, obvious, thing is how Netlava says that Coron is probably a Jester, in hopes of not getting him lynched, and then a few posts later puts him at -1, changing strategy, hoping to at least be on his lynch and get townie credit for lynching Coron, when it becomes apparent that the wagon on him isn't going away (YC votes Coron putting him at lynch -2, then Netlava votes Coron just a few posts later).

See posts 105, 127. Netlava completely "forgets" how he said Coron was probably a jester and puts him at lynch -1. Why? He knows Coron is scum and if Coron is going to be lynched he wants to get credit for helping lynch Coron.

Then there is that bit about him knowing too much -- this is similar to the "congratulating the doctor" tell seen here: Finding Mafia. Scum and power roles have more information about what went on at night and are more likely to discuss it and accurately know what happened.

Then there comes the part where he cleared you way too easily. I thought from your two actions there was a slightly better chance that he was scum than you, but I did not believe at all that you were clear or that it was obvious you were the final town mafia member. I'd love for him to explain to you how it was so obvious you were the last town mafia and thus a claimable power role.

Really the #1 major thing that should help you figure out to lynch him and not me is his inconsistency day 1 treating Coron. First he is a Jester and shouldn't be lynched, then when he gets put at lynch -2 Netlava votes him immediately and starts actively pushing Coron's lynch.

I've been very open about my thought process/deciding process in posts 185, 189, and 192. I think I've shown why I found him more likely to be scum than you and explained why I voted him.

I turned out to be right. I hope you get it right too so my first mafia game can be a successful town victory.
pop.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:19 am

Post by Netlava »

The thing that's scummy about airhead is that, aside from some minor links with Coron, she conveniently disappears as the wagon on Coron gains speed. Later, it turns out that she supposedly stopped posting on purpose and then forgot about the game, but the timing and the messages between the two are suspect.

Airhead's vote on sirD and subsequent backtrack is inconsistent. Airhead, starts off finding sirD scummy over some unrealistic expectation, which is fine, because it is better than a simple random vote. However, she keeps on pressing the issue, so it makes me a bit curious. I ask her how scummy does she think sirD is, and she does not answer, though responds to everything else in my post. She seems to upgrade sirD's position in her scum meter. But after this post:
airhead wrote:Your constant throwing back suspicion on my because I am suspicious of you is keeping you up there as highly scummy. It seems like a thickly veiled OMGUS.
she finds sirD "highly" scummy. However, the next post she unvotes and puts a littlefos on sirD, and then downplays her earlier suspicions of sirD. While I am fine with changing opinions over the course of the game, this transition is inconsistent, but more importantly because she downplays earlier suspicions instead of merely indicating a change of opinion.

---
airhead wrote:Then there is that bit about him knowing too much -- this is similar to the "congratulating the doctor" tell seen here: Finding Mafia. Scum and power roles have more information about what went on at night and are more likely to discuss it and accurately know what happened.
I like how you linked up two unrelated things.
airhead wrote:Really the #1 major thing that should help you figure out to lynch him and not me is his inconsistency day 1 treating Coron. First he is a Jester and shouldn't be lynched, then when he gets put at lynch -2 Netlava votes him immediately and starts actively pushing Coron's lynch.
Incorrect. My vote was a pressure vote to determine whether or not he was a jester, and "actively pushing" is a blatant mischaracterization. It turns out he claimed something not on the mod list, and I realized that jesters would have self hammered already.
airhead wrote:The town would have a lot more trouble figuring it out if they had no inside information. You already knew that the scum mafia killed the town mafia, so it was a lot easier for you to figure out what happened that night.
Please tell me what exactly is this inside information you speak of.
airhead wrote:I turned out to be right. I hope you get it right too so my first mafia game can be a successful town victory.
rofl
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Vote Count 3.IWantToStartRODTheMafiaingSometimesSoonKK.2
Netlava(1): Airhead
Airhead(1): Netlava

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”