Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:50 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Alright that was a lot of pages and surprisingly little substance.

A few notes.

Flea asks if I was joking about Pooky Sus or not. I was not joking.
In post 730, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 274, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 270, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 250, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 224, Flea The Magician wrote:So in theory it seems all tasks are a post restriction of some sort, I'd expect them all to be "short" style tasks.

O2 and Reactor MUST BE FIXED or imposters win.
Comms would be a global post restriction maybe?
Lights might hide kills?

What good can
possibly
come from this line of discussion?
People were asking, and I know some people enjoy setup spec.
Oh well if they enjoy it then I guess that's okay no wait the opposite of that.
Drops this like it's a bad fart, and promptly leaves. No contribution, no commitment, just ε=(。◕ฺˇд ˇ◕ฺ。)
Why did I not follow up on a conversation about a topic not being a great thing to talk about? It is a mystery.

Blitzo's iso bothers me. I like a lot of the questions he's asking, but I don't feel like there's a lot of follow-up.
Titus wrote:I'm going to electrical. I'm doing my task.

Either a) scum kill me and leave less for y'all to do

Or b) scum kill elsewhere and I can get those tasks.

Agreeing to anything else seems stupid.
Option A has a big problem here. Can anybody else see what it is?

Her reads in 580 are terrible, too. Misrepresentation of my game + Wildly overreacting to BM's 254 + Appeal to meta + 3 reads with literally no substance behind them.
Unvote; Vote: Titus

Taly is by far my strongest townread for being the person who is visibly doing the most scumhunting. OutWorldER looks good too for similar reasons and also I like a lot of his posts.

That's all for now.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:05 pm

Post by Alisae »

I just finished playing some fun games of 5D Chess With Multiverse Time Travel.
It was wild.
I'm going to go pass out now.
GTKAS
| here.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:25 am

Post by Taly »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:Taly is by far my strongest townread for being the person who is visibly doing the most scumhunting.
This wasn't on the list of things I think I'd read upon my lazy half-ass skim :D But I'll take it.

Flea/OWER/Murder
, you all have very different vibes than in viewtopic.php?f=83&t=84987 where I was scum hydra with
Ali
wolfing on all of you townies

flea
, you are much more upfront with POV, kind of hard to navigate and get to the meat of your posting, and you take so much initiative here that I don't know how genuine that is.

OWER
, your dog pic is really fucking cute and that probably contributes to the pocket, can you give me an in depth take on
BM/Ali/Pooky
? You are far more active in pushing your ideas than the linked game above.

Murder
, WHERE YOU AT? methinks I skim over you so much that you are an assassin meant to kill us all quietly... but tbh I sympathize, I think I'd be FAR less
"not-on-the-radar"
if people took the time to read me more.

I stand by
Bell/Ali/Pooky/Reck/OWER/Gamma
town
TENTATIVELY
. I want to reread them as well as
BM/Murder/Flea
before I double-down 100%.

If I can make a solid towncore with at LEAST 6-7 people AND find a vote this dayphase, I'd be golden with solving in the future.

DG
;3 I'll vote soon, I never disappoint.

also who is
Blitzo
? i demand everybody who reads this post to say
"
Blitzo
is town/scum/?"
so I can gauge how many wagons this gamestate actually wants to have...
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:37 am

Post by Taly »

i keep waffling on whether to lim or not.

id love to group if there were a way to prevent everybody from outing role information, but without grouping, no limming looks more attractive as that shows 2 deaths are possible tonight.

yall need to lock it up.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:39 am

Post by Taly »

In post 1128, Taly wrote:i keep waffling on whether to lim or not.

id love to group if there were a way to prevent everybody from outing role information, but without grouping, no limming looks more attractive as that shows 2 deaths are possible tonight.

yall need to lock it up.
it's really just math in my head.

what's better?

1-2 town deaths (no lim)
2-3 town deaths (incorrect lim)
1 scum death and 1-2 town deaths? (correct lim)
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:48 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1091, Akarin wrote:If 2 Imposters wind up in rooms either by themselves, or with town who they kill, why doesn't it makes sense for them to lie about where they were to clear themselves?
Oh I see
The way you worded it made me think you thought that imp had to be alone with person for regular NK too

@alisae respond to my question about your reads please
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:03 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1127, Taly wrote:Murder, WHERE YOU AT? methinks I skim over you so much that you are an assassin meant to kill us all quietly... but tbh I sympathize, I think I'd be FAR less "not-on-the-radar" if people took the time to read me more.
Infinity isn't here to make me do stuff what can I say. I will post my reads when I have access to a keyboard though
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:37 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

Spoiler: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
In post 904, Bell wrote:Maybe I just really like Flea's posting this game and I'm biased tho.
*climbs into Bells pocket*

In post 909, Taly wrote:
i refuse to be LHF this game, ill do stuff soon.

i legit have had 9 hours nonstop of working on assignments, i have 5+ projects/tests due in less than 2 weeks, and as soon as tomorrow.

i also have 2 doctor's appointments tomorrow and Friday because my body is rebelling

i
am
fucked

but yeah, sorry if im a bit ambiguous rn. ill utilize it as a means to gamesolve soon.
*grabby hands*

Nope, can't reach. You're not LHF. Also hope you're ok <3 try not to burn out, drink water and do the self care! (> ^_^ )>
In post 916, Alisae wrote:
In post 913, SirCakez wrote:
In post 741, Alisae wrote:the more im thinking about the tasks the more I am going to dread doing them.
In post 742, Alisae wrote:honestly makes me just want to not do tasks but i feel like that's unfair to my team
town af posting from Alisae
keep doing you Ali
i am going to deathtunnel you
OOOO lemme get popcorn first ◕‿↼
In post 936, Bell wrote:I demand Taly focus on their life instead of playing mafia until such time as they are less preoccupied.
Life should be lived in the moment.
What a lovely platitude.
*Cheers from bells pocket*
(۶•̀ᴗ•́)۶
In post 952, MURDERCAT wrote:VOTE: Blitzo

I think I'm ready to leave RVS
We're still in RVS? o.o
In post 960, Akarin wrote:So I've yet to see an argument for why the game would be designed around tasks being pointless, despite people asserting this to be true.
They're not pointless and should definitely be done as it's a viable wincon, just not the de-facto wincon. Same as in game, you're trying to find the imposters and complete your tasks. It's a viable wincon, not the de-facto wincon and honestly I've rarely seen a game where it's a task win. This is why I'm more skeptical on BM's "HAH no scumhunting required"
In post 966, Akarin wrote:It's frustrating because I feel like people's eyes started glazing over at the mech talk and they just shut their brains down and stopped thinking about it.
People don't like being told how to play their game I guess and want to do their own thing.
In post 977, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 974, TheGoldenParadox wrote:obviously i can't prove this, but i think blitzo wrote this AFTER previewing and faked it
Probably not but this is a town thing to say I think
On the other hand, I think this is engineering a miselim on LHF using some stretchy reasoning that doesn' require proof. (´・_・‘)
In post 983, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 977, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 974, TheGoldenParadox wrote:obviously i can't prove this, but i think blitzo wrote this AFTER previewing and faked it
Probably not but this is a town thing to say I think
battle mage is like, fairly town to me and i'm not inclined to eliminate there
buddys? I dunno. I don't know either player and this seems like a sloppy play if they are, not sure what I think here. (。・~・。)
In post 984, Blitzo wrote:PEDIT - #973 is simply not a good post.
Agreed, that's just like "HAH you can't say that, because half the game is like that!" In some people it can be tell.

In post 994, Blitzo wrote:You are correct that I am misnumbering - it was 974, not 973.
In post 974, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 972, Blitzo wrote:My second thought was that TGP was entirely forgettable.
I might let that develop for a bit and see what happens.
obviously i can't prove this, but i think blitzo wrote this AFTER previewing and faked it so they didn't
Already covered this. Still think 973 is a bit stinky though
In post 999, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 561, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 544, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also reminding people Reck scumslipped in a post
Which post was the scumslip? Are you talking about 121?
no it was a longer one
he said "we nk" in a way that looks like he wrote up the post in the scum PT and left that in accidentally.
Linky?
In post 1004, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 912, SirCakez wrote:
In post 732, xRECKONERx wrote:TOWN
titus, gammaem, flea, outworlder*

AT LEAST ONE SCUM
alisae, battlemage, murdercat, pooky, cakez, tgp

SOME BIG NULL PILE SOMEWHERE
dgb, taly, blitzo, haschel

SCUMMY OUTSIDE OF MASSCLAIM BULLSHIT
murdercat, akarin, bell
what the fuck is this readslist
it's a readlist, nice of you to quote it and ask what it is

do you want to like, ask an actual question? or u just makin noise?
(ᗒᗜᗕ)՛̵̖
In post 1005, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 565, Flea The Magician wrote:GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORNIN CREW!
I think Flea is town
(for the entire post, not just the explicitly quoted part, I just took the top)
In fairness the top is the best part about that post imo :P And the upside down face at the bottom :mrgreen:
In post 1016, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1015, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 585, SirCakez wrote:Personally I feel OER or Bell are the more likely scums there, not BM
why
tbh Titus' reads seem sensible
BM is playing to town meta
As much as I dislike meta... this is worrying.
In post 1021, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1016, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1015, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 585, SirCakez wrote:Personally I feel OER or Bell are the more likely scums there, not BM
why
tbh Titus' reads seem sensible
BM is playing to town meta
I think this is legitimately wrong
This is interesting, and less worrying.
In post 1022, xRECKONERx wrote:do tasks, kill obvscum, win

play mafia

like people generally do
!(•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑
In post 1024, xRECKONERx wrote:i made it real big 4 u
( ^ิ艸^ิ゚)
In post 1032, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:right now im thinking

we do

3 to a room for 5 roomes
2 people solo (they don't say where they go)

if there's a bonus NK it has to be in a room where 2 scum - 1 town were

hence we get a double guilty.

Thoughts?
What if both NKs are in rooms with 2 people in?
In post 1035, Titus wrote:
In post 1028, SirCakez wrote:BM is lurk fuck as scum and actually plays as town
Can his lurksackness be attributed to real life?

@Gamma, What do you mean by chaotic versus not chaotic?
Me here. Me in Death Curse. Ta-daaaaaa!
Oh wait, about BM. ok.
In post 1043, MURDERCAT wrote:I am guessing there is a lights sabotage that messes with this. But there might also be a sabotage cooldown??
This would be a reasonable expectation. Lights Sab is one of the strongest things in the game so I'd be surprised if it's not in here to mess with us somehow.
In post 1047, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1017, Blitzo wrote:@DGB - was this whole scumread thing a ploy to get me to vote for BM?
No - I want the game to hop.
U(´・×・`)U boing!
In post 1053, Akarin wrote:Okay, so using the magic of random.org, I did a night where everyone goes to a random room:
Assume 4 Imposters, everyone goes to a random room (Imposters can do better than this)

• Cafeteria: Crew #4
• Weapons: Crew #11, Imposter #4
• Navigation: Crew #6, Crew #12, Imposter #1, Imposter #3
• Shields: Crew #1, Crew #13
• Communications: Crew #3, Crew #7
• Admin: Crew #8
• Electrical: Crew #5, Crew #9
• Security:
• Reactor: Crew #2
• Upper Engine: Crew #10, Imposter #2

Say Crew #10 dies as a bonus kill to Imposter #2, and they use their normal kill on
Crew #11

Imposter #2 and Imposter #4 clear each other. Imposters #1 and #3 are cleared by a big group of town.
Crew #4, #8, #2 are suspicious.

Or if they really wanted to NK crew #9, for example, then Crew #5 has no one to vouch for them either, while
one of the Imposters is cleared by town and only 1 is left in a pool of suspicion with 4 townies.
FTFY. Also Imposters 2 and 4 would be under suspicion at that point imo as one of them would have had to kill, meaning neither is clear. Crew 4, 8 and 2 would also be suspect as well.

Ohwait, is this assuming chaos theory and not organised chaos? Never mind, I see your point.
That said, this is a pretty valid point on using chaos. hmm... It also depends on if the rooms get new PTs every night I guess, or if admin or security has MIRA HQ style logs?
In post 1055, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 1053, Akarin wrote:everyone goes to a random room (Imposters can do better than this)
Everyone agrees this is bad though right? We need to at least let the people who want to group, group.
*Grabs Gamma and Catto*
MINE!
In post 1062, Titus wrote:
In post 1061, Akarin wrote:
In post 1055, MURDERCAT wrote:Everyone agrees this is bad though right? We need to at least let the people who want to group, group.
If it's like 5 people trying to group it's not much different than random is the point.

And no, I'm not sure everyone agrees this is bad. A lot of people keep saying things that make me think they
don't
actually agree this is bad.
Random means we don't accomplish tasks.

I'm not doing random. Period.
No so much random as in we just randomly disperse to an assigned room, more random in that we just all go to a random location based on individual choice. So lets say I head straight to storage for my looongboi task whch s gng t b fn t d - I don't know If anyone else is coming with me or where anyone else is going, and is thus a random distribution.
In post 1065, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Akarin doing gods work here

PRAIsE AKARIN
ρ☈ꍏ♗ⓢ€ ♭€ ☂♄€ ♔♗❡♄☂☿ ⊙♫€
In post 1068, Titus wrote:
In post 1066, Akarin wrote:Are you just deliberately trying to muddy the water here Titus?
No. I just literally don't understand why you're saying random rooms at all.
That's another player on the "Throw into the infinity portal loop" list.
In post 1079, Titus wrote:
In post 1076, Akarin wrote:EBWOP
In post 1053, Akarin wrote:Okay, so using the magic of random.org, I did a night where everyone goes to a random room:
Assume 4 Imposters, everyone goes to a random room (Imposters can do better than this)

• Cafeteria: Crew #4
• Weapons: Crew #11, Imposter #4
• Navigation: Crew #6, Crew #12, Imposter #1, Imposter #3
• Shields: Crew #1, Crew #13
• Communications: Crew #3, Crew #7
• Admin: Crew #8
• Electrical: Crew #5, Crew #9
• Security:
• Reactor: Crew #2
• Upper Engine: Crew #10, Imposter #2

Say Crew #10 dies as a bonus kill to Imposter #2, and they use their normal kill on Crew #11.

Imposter #2 and Imposter #4 clear each other. Imposters #1 and #3 are cleared by a big group of town.
Crew #4, #8, #2 are suspicious.

Or if they really wanted to NK crew #9, for example, then Crew #5 has no one to vouch for them either, while
one of the Imposters is cleared by town and only 1 is left in a pool of suspicion with 4 townies.
This doesn't work as scum only get one edible kill per night so Imposter 2 and 4 cannot clear each other. They'd both have to be in solo rooms to do that.
They claim they were in the same room, clearing for that nights kill. I got there eventually ^_^
In post 1083, Titus wrote:
In post 1081, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1064, Titus wrote:It's a win-win situation regardless of BM's alignment.
Not if he's scum????
It is.

We force him to take a task. It auto completes. If he refuses, we kill him.

The task lets us also control what room he goes to. So he's a liability to scum.
This feels like just parroting what's been said earlier... I'm getting the bad jujus from titus... hmmmm
In post 1087, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 810, OutWorldER wrote:I was working on my big excel sheet of mech spec
owo what's this
⊙ω⊙
You can have that one.
In post 1093, Akarin wrote:I need to go to sleep, but I just really wanted to hammer this home because I feel like a bunch of people are being unrealistic about the POE chances after a double NK.

And people keep picking at little things without really acknowledging the point I’m trying to make, but I feel like I need to answer those things.

If we just all do tasks willy-nilly,
2 town are going to die every night
and there will
not
be useful POE to figure out who killed them.

In exchange, we avoid giving scum information and we get the tasks done slightly faster. I don't think this is worth it, and I haven't actually seen an argument that it is, beyond vague handwaving and dogmatism.
I think you're fear mongering every so slightly.
I am trying to brain, and doing so badly. 10 rooms, 17 people...

Failing badly, I think relying on the odds is going to place us all in Gamblers Fallacy. It's like 1/20 of any two people being in the same room based on true randomness. Then its another 1/4 chance that the other person in the room with you is imposter.
In post 1104, xRECKONERx wrote:it occurs to me at this point i could just tell you guys im going with the plan and deal w/ the consequences of not doing so tomorrow

im going with the plan
HAH
In post 1106, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:reck if you tell us you are going to room ___ and its got 3 people in it, and then you dont go to room ___ and instead there are 2 people, and one of them is scum, and he gets a bonus kill on town, we r going to lockscum you so you are just hardthrowing atp
<dearWithPopcorn.gifv>
In post 1113, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:look guys i know this is pretty fast for some of you, but the most important question is whether we get everybody's assignments and whether we leash the entire PL to create safety and accountability and information.

Now we KNOW scum get a bonus NK if they get one of us alone in a room with them.

We want to avoid that - my strategy is to claim all rooms, figure out pathing, create accountability and a record of all movement so that we can avoid giving the scum an extra NK without them revealing to us exactly who is responsible.

If there's if we have Room A(3people) and Room B(3 people) - and 1 person from each room dies at night that means a double guilty in room A or B.

I don't want scum to get free NKs on us.

Now reck/outworld and some other folks believe its better if there is a fog of war and we can't see where everyone is going.

Their argument for this is "Well the mod must have accounted for this so it must be bad"

Like if the mod tells you that mafia get a bonus NK if they get in a room alone with you, why the heck would you not take steps to try to prevent this!?

like it just seems very silly to me for us to wander around alone and hope mafia dont find us when they spread out hunting.
We're not going to get everyones assignments, there's like 4 or 5 players against this plan.
Do you have a compromise idea? because you know, some of us are compromised at this point.
In post 1115, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 1113, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:look guys i know this is pretty fast for some of you, but the most important question is whether we get everybody's assignments and whether we leash the entire PL to create safety and accountability and information.

Now we KNOW scum get a bonus NK if they get one of us alone in a room with them.

We want to avoid that - my strategy is to claim all rooms, figure out pathing, create accountability and a record of all movement so that we can avoid giving the scum an extra NK without them revealing to us exactly who is responsible.

If there's if we have Room A(3people) and Room B(3 people) - and 1 person from each room dies at night that means a double guilty in room A or B.

I don't want scum to get free NKs on us.

Now reck/outworld and some other folks believe its better if there is a fog of war and we can't see where everyone is going.

Their argument for this is "Well the mod must have accounted for this so it must be bad"

Like if the mod tells you that mafia get a bonus NK if they get in a room alone with you, why the heck would you not take steps to try to prevent this!?

like it just seems very silly to me for us to wander around alone and hope mafia dont find us when they spread out hunting.
how many times do i need to reiterate that the mod wouldnt fucking tell us what scum's secret mechanics are to fuck with rooms

imagine this: scum have an ability to move someone out of a room against their will

we sort people into rooms of 3

we also tell scum what fucking groups we're sending to each location

scum use an ability to move someone out of a room, then use a vent to go over and kill them bc they know where they're going to be

now we come back, we had two kills anyway, we're suspicious of the person(people) that were supposed to be in a room with the kill target, and all we've done is tell scum exactly where we'll be, how many tasks each of us has, and where we have to do them

like for one fucking second take a moment to assume that just bc we know "scum can kill in rooms alone with people" doesn't mean "and yep that's it that's the extent of the mechanic now have fun gamesolving"
This is legit. I had not thought this through that far.
In post 1117, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1115, xRECKONERx wrote:imagine this: scum have an ability to move someone out of a room against their will
how would we ever complete our tasks if scum could move people out of their rooms?
Game balance would probably limit how often it could be done.
In post 1120, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1119, Haschel Cedricson wrote:I signed up to play a Mafia game, not solve a logic puzzle. And in my experience people who want the town to focus on the logic puzzle instead of the Mafia game tend to be scum.
The rules for this game were posted in the signup thread

you knew this was going to be a mech heavy setup involving town planning of night actions.

I signed up because I was excited af to figure out ways to complete tasks while limiting our NK exposure.

I absolutely hate this line because it seems to assume that we are just going to ignore the tasks altogether and play hunt the bad guys

in that case we might as well all be in the cafeteria every night if we are going to just ignore the entire night action part of the game.
Different people play the game differently ^_^ I like the hunty aspect of the game. Mechanics are just an added bonus.
In post 1125, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Alright that was a lot of pages and surprisingly little substance.

A few notes.

Flea asks if I was joking about Pooky Sus or not. I was not joking.
In post 730, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 274, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 270, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 250, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 224, Flea The Magician wrote:So in theory it seems all tasks are a post restriction of some sort, I'd expect them all to be "short" style tasks.

O2 and Reactor MUST BE FIXED or imposters win.
Comms would be a global post restriction maybe?
Lights might hide kills?

What good can
possibly
come from this line of discussion?
People were asking, and I know some people enjoy setup spec.
Oh well if they enjoy it then I guess that's okay no wait the opposite of that.
Drops this like it's a bad fart, and promptly leaves. No contribution, no commitment, just ε=(。◕ฺˇд ˇ◕ฺ。)
Why did I not follow up on a conversation about a topic not being a great thing to talk about? It is a mystery.
ε=(。◕ฺˇд ˇ◕ฺ。)
In post 1127, Taly wrote:
flea
, you are much more upfront with POV, kind of hard to navigate and get to the meat of your posting, and you take so much initiative here that I don't know how genuine that is.
Faster moving game, more players {](^_^)[} More for me to comment on, and less for me to death tunnel on here :P Also there's a LOT less emotional play going on lol.

DAMN this took a long time to write out today... Maybe I should do page by page in the future... hmm...
Flea's TODO wrote: ISO Titus
ISO DBG
Work out recovery from outing my locations if no backup plan.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:48 am

Post by Taly »

also i just want to say , that was so fucking wholesome and sweet ty
bell <3

ill give
flea
their due diligence soon, i think i should take time reading their replies in depth more

waiting for
murder
to get to that keyboard lul
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:54 am

In post 1133, Taly wrote:also i just want to say , that was so fucking wholesome and sweet ty
bell <3

ill give
flea
their due diligence soon, i think i should take time reading their replies in depth more

waiting for
murder
to get to that keyboard lul
I suggest a cup of tea and biscuits to aid you on your journey into chaos.
And a towel, don't forget your towel.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:33 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

General thoughts:
- Plan for tonight should be to provide rooms where people should group, if they want to group. I want to group.
- I'm not about to throw someone out of the airlock if they don't claim, I don't think we have enough info to decide either way so people should just do what they want. I think this is better than random because some people want to group. I think scum will get an extra kill off tonight but what can you do.
- I recommend grouping up because my guess is that scum has some ability to combat this, but not enough of an ability that makes grouping up useless (e.g. a limited amount of lights sabotages that lets you kill even if there is a full room). We want scum to have to use these I think.
- No elim is probably right for today. We get a night phase to learn stuff and it balances out what I think is an inevitable (given some people don't want to group) extra kill tonight.
- Because it seems like no elim is the right option to me, I find it hard to do my normal strategy, which mostly involves throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. Which leads to my other strategy, which is basically passively observing.

The good news is that I thought large theme games were too much for me, but it turns out that death curse was just like, really a lot. I agree with whoever said this game was moving at a decent pace.

Spoiler: Reads (generally sorted townie to not so townie)
PookyTheMagicalBear

I think Pooky is true to town form. Based on 2170, I think Pooky is one of those players who doesn't try to perfectly match his town game as scum. I think Pooky is leading town in a good direction, which hopefully is not how I would feel if scum was doing it.

OutWorldER

I don't know what outworlder is like as scum, but he is more town in this game than either of the previous games I played with him, IMO. I actually wouldn't expect or from outworlder scum even though they are somewhat easy to fake, as I assume he'd be fairly new at scum and those posts are scary to make (easy to TMI). I also don't expect new scum to fight against town giving info to earn town cred.

xRECKONERx

Reck scum might be good enough to play the vocal contrarian townie character as scum, but if he is he is doing a good job of it. He hasn't TMIed at all from what I've seen. For example, "scum have an ability to move someone out of a room against their will" is probably not something in the game, so if Reck is scum he is doing a good job of faking mech thoughts from the perspective of someone who doesn't know the mech which is I think hard to do without slipping. Also scum usually TRs me? But maybe I have left myself a bit to open to attack this game.

alisae

Ali isn't dominating the conversation in the way I would expect from Ali scum, though I'm not sure where the SR on me is coming from.

Flea

Flea is doing Flea things, I don't know what scum Flea looks like but I expect I would be able to find scum Flea before I find Bell or Taly scum and I haven't found anything I dislike yet, so fae goes higher on the list.

Bell, Taly

You are both posting vaguely townie things but there is nothing there that I think is never scum from either of you.

Cake

I know I was memeing before about Cake and I totally misinterpreted him, but he was still kinda weirdly defensive when I was posting about him so he still goes down here. There was also this subtle thing where he didn't lead the mech discussion but quickly jumped on board which felt like he wasn't really having his own thoughts about it /shrug.

Blitzo

Blitzo enterance post pinged me, which I know sounds dumb. But "Is there anything in particular anyone would like me to look at?" just sounded fake to me I don't know. feels fake to me too?? Like there is no substance in those reads or even the mech. And stuff like this "I don't understand what MC is doing this game. MC was are your reads?" just feels totally empty to me.

{thegoldenparadox, Haschel Cedricson, DrippingGoofBall, Battle Mage, gamma emerald, titus, Akarin}

These are all people who I have no real thoughts about as of this moment so I am going to go skim their isos now.

TGP had that thing about Blitzo that I thought was a town thing to say, because like how else do you even think of that? Otherwise I don't think there is much there either way right now.

HC could be scum I guess, but mostly I think I just disagree with them about game state. I think Pooky is town and I think taly is ?? and I think Titus is a weird vote.

DG is doing DG things but I don't feel as comfortable in my ability to sort DG doing DG things compared to Flea doing Flea things. I don't really get the strong read on BM.

BM has been suspiciously absent from mech talk?? That's all I've got though, his iso is pretty empty.

Gamma hasn't yelled at anyone yet so I'm not sure if he's town. kinda pings me??? Spooky

Titus I'm not sure about because I don't really know what I expect from Titus in this setup. I agree with whoever said that we can shelve Titus for now as it will get easier later.

Akarin I should probably have a read on, but I don't. She has posted enough so I don't really have an excuse. I liked , that's probably what I would do if I was trying to convince people to group, which I still think is pro town.

Ew what am I some kind of wall poster now?
GTKAMURDERCAT

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:58 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

So sad that Taly rolled scum.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:04 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1136, DrippingGoofball wrote:So sad that Taly rolled scum.
Why did she roll scum?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:17 am

Post by OutWorldER »

Spoiler: Quote
In post 1127, Taly wrote:
Haschel Cedricson wrote:Taly is by far my strongest townread for being the person who is visibly doing the most scumhunting.
This wasn't on the list of things I think I'd read upon my lazy half-ass skim :D But I'll take it.

Flea/OWER/Murder
, you all have very different vibes than in viewtopic.php?f=83&t=84987 where I was scum hydra with
Ali
wolfing on all of you townies

flea

OWER
, your dog pic is really fucking cute and that probably contributes to the pocket, can you give me an in depth take on
BM/Ali/Pooky
? You are far more active in pushing your ideas than the linked game above.

Murder
, WHERE YOU AT? methinks I skim over you so much that you are an assassin meant to kill us all quietly... but tbh I sympathize, I think I'd be FAR less
"not-on-the-radar"
if people took the time to read me more.

I stand by
Bell/Ali/Pooky/Reck/OWER/Gamma
town
TENTATIVELY
. I want to reread them as well as
BM/Murder/Flea
before I double-down 100%.

If I can make a solid towncore with at LEAST 6-7 people AND find a vote this dayphase, I'd be golden with solving in the future.

DG
;3 I'll vote soon, I never disappoint.

also who is
Blitzo
? i demand everybody who reads this post to say
"
Blitzo
is town/scum/?"
so I can gauge how many wagons this gamestate actually wants to have...

BM's play is far different from what I remember in the game I played with him, where was very active in engaging other people and wasn't really a passive fluff-poster like he is here. Especially given there's a lot of contradictions in his play so far. (Compare 111 to 129, 75 and 153). Other posts like 198 and such ping me.

Ali is a known powerwolf and wants to manipulate the gamestate/narrative to eir advantage and the fact that they were one of the first people pushing No Eliminate plan makes me suspicious.

The thing that really pings me about both of them is that neither put a vote down in RVS, which even Pooky did. Maybe I'm seeing things that aren't there but to me it signals that they knew the plan they wanted to push before the game started, despite Ali saying e hadn't thought about the setup and didn't want to.

Pooky is probably my weakest SR after a bit of thought, but I still have a lot of reservations about people trying to push a mechanical victory in a closed setup and his somewhat disingenuous approach to opposition such as in 1113. I think of the three, he's probably the most likely to just be overeager town that's tunnel visioning on a alt. win-con.

As for why my play is different, it's mostly because after that game I finally figured out how I want to approach mafia games as town, how I want to read them, and a style of analysis. Which is why I'm more confident and a bit more thought-out here.

Regarding more mech-talk:

I think Leashing is fine but better to be done in a limited manner. Ideas include:

A) Having 1 claim in each area. That's 10 claims but at the very least we'll know that 1 person should or should not be in that area.

B) Getting task claims out of high SR'd people to track their movement.

C) TR's task claiming with each other to form town-blocs. If we do this right we can essentially have multiple groups of Masons running around.

I think seeing the Areas as just rooms to do tasks in and avoid multi-kills is a bad idea. I think having hoods which anyone can enter is a pretty powerful ability for Town for the same reason why Neighborizer is a strong role in the right hands.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:18 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1117, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1115, xRECKONERx wrote:imagine this: scum have an ability to move someone out of a room against their will
how would we ever complete our tasks if scum could move people out of their rooms?
1. it could be x-shot
2. they can only do it on one person at a time
3. it has limited duration/effect
4. room kills/moves resolve after task completions
5. the tasks aren't meant to be completed, they're just window dressing for a standard mafia game

that was like, 10 seconds of thought applied to it. i trust you can do the same in the future
green shirt thursdays
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:32 am

In post 1135, MURDERCAT wrote:General thoughts:
- Plan for tonight should be to provide rooms where people should group, if they want to group. I want to group.
- I'm not about to throw someone out of the airlock if they don't claim, I don't think we have enough info to decide either way so people should just do what they want. I think this is better than random because some people want to group. I think scum will get an extra kill off tonight but what can you do.
- I recommend grouping up because my guess is that scum has some ability to combat this, but not enough of an ability that makes grouping up useless (e.g. a limited amount of lights sabotages that lets you kill even if there is a full room). We want scum to have to use these I think.
- No elim is probably right for today. We get a night phase to learn stuff and it balances out what I think is an inevitable (given some people don't want to group) extra kill tonight.
- Because it seems like no elim is the right option to me, I find it hard to do my normal strategy, which mostly involves throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. Which leads to my other strategy, which is basically passively observing.

The good news is that I thought large theme games were too much for me, but it turns out that death curse was just like, really a lot. I agree with whoever said this game was moving at a decent pace.

Spoiler: Reads (generally sorted townie to not so townie)
PookyTheMagicalBear

I think Pooky is true to town form. Based on 2170, I think Pooky is one of those players who doesn't try to perfectly match his town game as scum. I think Pooky is leading town in a good direction, which hopefully is not how I would feel if scum was doing it.

OutWorldER

I don't know what outworlder is like as scum, but he is more town in this game than either of the previous games I played with him, IMO. I actually wouldn't expect or from outworlder scum even though they are somewhat easy to fake, as I assume he'd be fairly new at scum and those posts are scary to make (easy to TMI). I also don't expect new scum to fight against town giving info to earn town cred.

xRECKONERx

Reck scum might be good enough to play the vocal contrarian townie character as scum, but if he is he is doing a good job of it. He hasn't TMIed at all from what I've seen. For example, "scum have an ability to move someone out of a room against their will" is probably not something in the game, so if Reck is scum he is doing a good job of faking mech thoughts from the perspective of someone who doesn't know the mech which is I think hard to do without slipping. Also scum usually TRs me? But maybe I have left myself a bit to open to attack this game.

alisae

Ali isn't dominating the conversation in the way I would expect from Ali scum, though I'm not sure where the SR on me is coming from.

Flea

Flea is doing Flea things, I don't know what scum Flea looks like but I expect I would be able to find scum Flea before I find Bell or Taly scum and I haven't found anything I dislike yet, so fae goes higher on the list.

Bell, Taly

You are both posting vaguely townie things but there is nothing there that I think is never scum from either of you.

Cake

I know I was memeing before about Cake and I totally misinterpreted him, but he was still kinda weirdly defensive when I was posting about him so he still goes down here. There was also this subtle thing where he didn't lead the mech discussion but quickly jumped on board which felt like he wasn't really having his own thoughts about it /shrug.

Blitzo

Blitzo enterance post pinged me, which I know sounds dumb. But "Is there anything in particular anyone would like me to look at?" just sounded fake to me I don't know. feels fake to me too?? Like there is no substance in those reads or even the mech. And stuff like this "I don't understand what MC is doing this game. MC was are your reads?" just feels totally empty to me.

{thegoldenparadox, Haschel Cedricson, DrippingGoofBall, Battle Mage, gamma emerald, titus, Akarin}

These are all people who I have no real thoughts about as of this moment so I am going to go skim their isos now.

TGP had that thing about Blitzo that I thought was a town thing to say, because like how else do you even think of that? Otherwise I don't think there is much there either way right now.

HC could be scum I guess, but mostly I think I just disagree with them about game state. I think Pooky is town and I think taly is ?? and I think Titus is a weird vote.

DG is doing DG things but I don't feel as comfortable in my ability to sort DG doing DG things compared to Flea doing Flea things. I don't really get the strong read on BM.

BM has been suspiciously absent from mech talk?? That's all I've got though, his iso is pretty empty.

Gamma hasn't yelled at anyone yet so I'm not sure if he's town. kinda pings me??? Spooky

Titus I'm not sure about because I don't really know what I expect from Titus in this setup. I agree with whoever said that we can shelve Titus for now as it will get easier later.

Akarin I should probably have a read on, but I don't. She has posted enough so I don't really have an excuse. I liked , that's probably what I would do if I was trying to convince people to group, which I still think is pro town.

Ew what am I some kind of wall poster now?
Welcome to the club ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:33 am

In post 1137, Titus wrote:
Why did she roll scum?
I believe the roles are srandomly distributed. Luck of the draw.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:38 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1141, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1137, Titus wrote:
Why did she roll scum?
I believe the roles are srandomly distributed. Luck of the draw.
Why do you think she rolled scum?

*exasperated tone*
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:41 am

My main worry about the vent shovey thing is when do we find about about it? Because if its in the room phase and we start tasking not knowing we're in the wrong room, that's gunna be a butt.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:50 am

Why do you think she rolled scum?

*exasperated tone*
All fluff no substance... a ball of scum dipped in cutesy sauce.

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:53 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1143, Flea The Magician wrote:My main worry about the vent shovey thing is when do we find about about it? Because if its in the room phase and we start tasking not knowing we're in the wrong room, that's gunna be a butt.
I don't think this is how it would work, personally
GTKAMURDERCAT

Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:58 am

Big claim some someone with an average of 7 or 8 words per post.

<michaelJacksonPopcorn.gifv>
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:17 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 1119, Haschel Cedricson wrote: Similarly, I'm not in favor of No Elimination today because it hands scum a free kill.
Haschel, if you're not in favor of handing scum free kills
why the heck are you opposed to claiming rooms?
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:19 am

Post by Akarin »

I'm worried that Blitzo dismissed all the setup talk without apparently reading the setup.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:19 am

Post by Akarin »

Has it
ever
been true that people talking mech in a mech-heavy setup are greater than random chance scum?

Or do people just say that every game as a way to not engage with it?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”