He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Simulpost FTW.

There we go!

Okay. Now that you've said that, I'll retract my question about general scumminess.

oh wow, I missed KMD's post.

I nominate KMD to get reborn's device.

KMD: would I be correct in stating that you're of the opinion that one of the lovers is scum, but it's not a good idea to deal with them right now? I don't mean to put words in your mouth, but I noticed you found them suspicious, but did not place a vote down.

Setup reasons are meta reasons so I'm not big on them, but I will admit that they can help us decipher the odds of our particular lover pair to contain scum. However, I think we should keep them off the table for day 1, especially when we know very little of our setup.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

All I will say on that is I know I am town, and from BG's actions I am very much sure she is also town, without considering anything to do with setup mechanics.

But if you want to go into that, we've already got, what, 3 town power role claims on the table. On top of that the scum weakened by loverscum...
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Also, i've just noticed...This is one of the longest games on this page of Coney Island, and we're still on Day One... :P
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by RestFermata »

And half of us have already claimed!
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by RestFermata »

Seriously, guys, if the people who seem to be popularly viewed as town are actually town, then at least one of the claimed roles must be LYING!
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Well tbh I can see Llama's being a safeclaim. But he's not for today, he might be able to prove himself with a kill.

I'm back to thinking maybe Kmd for today's lynch...

Or GW, although i've had a town read from him he's not actually done a great deal.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by RestFermata »

IG, I'm definitely not by any means asking you to copy or even paraphrase the role PM, but is there anything you could relay to us about why Cleveland of all characters is a bodyguard? And do you have any idea why your flavor name is, as you say, "Damn it all"?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I think he's given us all he can.

And he said "Dang it all".

And really i'm not thinking he's scum.

And with his claim he'll probably be dying at night anyway.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by RestFermata »

Well, my flavor text has a few sentences about my character. I was just wondering if maybe his explained the strangeness.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Yeh, well he did say a few things about Cleveland being such a nice guy.

I have a few sentences too.

Why don't you check his isolation? I really think we've got all we can out of him, lol.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:48 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

STD, I think it is likely that one of the two is scum but I don't think Day 1 us the time to risk that.

xtoxm has played an....interesting... last few pages. I don't even know what to think of that.

xtoxm, can you specify why you think that BG was town? You mentioned llama's claim being a safe claim. Is it possible that between JOAT and voteless, one of the two was a safeclaim? Also, I don't think you answered this. Are you trying to get a lurker lynch?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:53 pm

Post by Inspector Godot »

RestFermata wrote:IG, I'm definitely not by any means asking you to copy or even paraphrase the role PM, but is there anything you could relay to us about why Cleveland of all characters is a bodyguard? And do you have any idea why your flavor name is, as you say, "Damn it all"?
Well, Cleveland is such a nice guy that he'd lay down his life for his friends. He's the least screwed up out of his little gang of four friends. I have no idea why the role name is Dang it all, but my best guess is that it's Cleveland's reaction to finding out that there are scum in Spooner St.
Wins/Losses
Town: 0/1
Scum: 0/0
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:13 am

Post by RestFermata »

OK, fair 'nuff.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:45 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I feel like STD actually has reasons he thinking xtoxm is scummy, but reborn mostly thinks xtoxm is scummy for not name-claiming. Which amounts to reborn name-fishing, and voting xtoxm for not complying.

Combine that with reborn's accidental misreading of his PM, and I am feeling very suspicious of reborn.

Also, I always felt a little weird about reborn suggesting he invent a "death ray" tonight. I'm not sure he should be immediately trying to vig someone on N1. Also not sure a pro-town player would want to pass a vig power to another at this time. Maybe later if another player is confirmed pro-town. But not on N1.

I think that his comments and willingness to vig on N1 shows that he is bloodthirsty. Also, he might be looking for a way to explain the fact that he is scum going to make a kill tonight anyway. So saying you invented a deathray is a convenient explanation for a kill.

vote reborn

Unless everyone thinks we should let him live for the night to see if he can confirm himself? That will entail him claiming tomorrow, his invention choice and person he sent it to, and the person will have to confirm that they received the item. Of course, the person may end up dead, and then whoops, we have to leave reborn alive for another night to try to confirm himself.

I'm open to suggestions about dealing with him. But I think he's scummy.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:47 am

Post by elvis_knits »

er,
unvote; vote reborn
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:16 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I did answer it, KMD. Why don't you read the thread? You clearly haven't been reading it all if you missed me answering that.

EK - That's all well and good, but is a scum inventor possible, do you think?

All we will have confirmed is him being an inventor.

Deadline coming up, so we need to make a wagon soon.

And I really don't want to lynch EK.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:01 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Xtoxm wrote: EK - That's all well and good, but is a scum inventor possible, do you think?

All we will have confirmed is him being an inventor.
I don't really think he's an inventor at all. If he is an inventor, I am more likely to believe he's town.
Talk nerdy to me.

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:09 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Why would he claim inventor if he can't prove himself?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:12 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Well first he claimed he invented items for his own use and that he intended to invent a death ray in hope of it being a vig ability. Then he "proves" himself by killing someone, which could just as easily be a scum kill that he explains by him inventing a death ray.
Talk nerdy to me.

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:18 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Hmm, it's possible.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:28 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I think he made a mistake by saying he invented the items for himself because people started to point out that is different than the usual definition of the inventor role.

So then he had to say he misread his PM.

Now he is in the position of having to give his invention to another player, which is much more complicated for him to fake. He either has say he sent his invention to whoever he NK'ed, or a scum buddy has to vouch for him (very dangerous for both), or he has to say "I must have been blocked."

If any of the above situations happen tonight (in the event we don't lynch him today), I think we should definitely lynch him tomorrow.
Talk nerdy to me.

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:47 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Well, the problem with saying something like that is if he's town it tells scum what to do. But, I guess him being blocked (if scum have a blocker) wouldn't be much of a loss, Inventor isn't much of a role imo.

I have seen townies misread PM's before, btw.

So - Let's say we're not lynching him, who would you want lynched EK?
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:15 am

Post by RestFermata »

1.)
Story:
Reborn gives a roleblocking invention to X, who roleblocks Y, possibly another scumbuddy.
Town reason:
Reborn thought X was town, and X thought Y may be scum.
Scum reason:
Pretending to roleblock Y when a NK got through might help clear Y.
If it somehow comes out that this is not true, such as X getting lynched and coming up mafia, it does not necessarily implicate reborn.

2.)
Story:
Reborn gives an alignment-scanning invention to X, who scans Y. Y comes up guilty.
Town reason:
Reborn believes X is town, and X believes Y may be scum.
Scum reason:
Pretending to get a guilty result on Y might get Y lynched, although Y is in fact town. It's a risky move for scum, but not unthinkable.
If Y flips town, this will only implicate X, not necessarily reborn.

3.) Story: Reborn gives an alignment-scanning invention to X, who scans Y. Y comes up innocent.
Town reason:
Reborn believes X is town, and X believes Y may be scum.
Scum reasons:
If Y is actually innocent, and he is later killed and flips town, both reborn and X end up looking very good. However, this is something of a setback because they are narrowing the list of unconfirmed players. If Y is actually guilty, it could be a way of trying to clear a scumbuddy.
If this story later ends up confirmed as a lie, it only implicates X, not necessarily reborn.

And on the list goes.

Every possible story has both town or scum rationales. And NONE of them will directly implicate reborn. Nothing he can do would be "risky" as scum! If he gives his inventions to X and X is scum, it could just mean that he had poor judgment, or that WE had poor judgment and nominated a scum player to be the recipient.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:18 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I think EK should get his invention.
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:19 am

Post by Rockatansky »

elvis_knits wrote:I think he made a mistake by saying he invented the items for himself because people started to point out that is different than the usual definition of the inventor role.

So then he had to say he misread his PM.

Now he is in the position of having to give his invention to another player, which is much more complicated for him to fake. He either has say he sent his invention to whoever he NK'ed, or a scum buddy has to vouch for him (very dangerous for both), or he has to say "I must have been blocked."

If any of the above situations happen tonight (in the event we don't lynch him today), I think we should definitely lynch him tomorrow.
I agree with what you've posted about reborn. First off, the way he claimed made no sense: "Seeing as we're so close to the deadline, and I consider myself to have a pretty important power role, I'm going to roleclaim." (post #508). At that point he had three votes. If he were truly an "important power role," then he would want to keep quiet and hope he doesn't get NK'ed. Instead, he claims inventor, yet somehow thinks he's going to be a target ahead of the BG and the cop.

Nor do I believe him when he claimed to misread his role PM. I don't see how the issue of whether he keeps his own inventions or sends them to another player could be confused, especially when he had plenty of time to closely read his pm before claiming.

Finally, he claims that he will be "confirmed" tomorrow, when, as I mentioned above, we will most likely have no way to verify whether he actually invented anything, whether it was sent to another player, and what, if any, effect it had.

unvote

vote reborn

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”