akarin
Gamma Emerald [1]
TheGoldenParadox
Sircakez [1]
murdercat
No Elim [2]
Battle mage sircakez

Not Voting [9]

Blitzo, Flea The Magician DrippingGoofBall gamma emerald, alisae, titus, OutWorldER, Taly, Bell

With 17 alive it takes 9 votes to be executed.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2020-12-08 15:40:31)
Last edited by Thestatusquo on Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:28 pm

Post by Alisae »

I think allowing the opportunity for scum to get an extra kill is important
we also shouldn't be sending anyone that's too important if we do try to create opportunities for scum to kill. Town can benefit off of a townie that needs to be sorted dieing.

I'm not sure on this though.
GTKAS
| here.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 199, Alisae wrote:
In post 195, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:it doesnt matter if someone needs to be in a room two nights in a row. the point of leashing the entire PL is that nobody can wander off and kill you when u r in that room alone on night 2
I think if we're mostly no lynching, it might not be terrible to allow an opportunity for scum to kill an extra player to be created. We're trading a town for a mafia.
I need to think on it some more though and I might also be missing a detail.
I'd have thought we should pick 1 strategy and go all-in with it, rather than hedging between 2 and potentially failing at both.

We either go for the task wincon, or go for elimming scum.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 201, Alisae wrote:I think allowing the opportunity for scum to get an extra kill is important
we also shouldn't be sending anyone that's too important if we do try to create opportunities for scum to kill. Town can benefit off of a townie that needs to be sorted dieing.

I'm not sure on this though.
if we're just going to do the tasks and win, does sorting even matter though?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:30 pm

Post by Akarin »

In post 195, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:it doesnt matter if someone needs to be in a room two nights in a row. the point of leashing the entire PL is that nobody can wander off and kill you when u r in that room alone on night 2
I meant in terms of how many nights it make take to complete. We can't just visit X number of rooms each night and cover each room on 1 night.

Maybe not enough people have combinations like mine for it to matter, but wanted to claim this before we get too far.

Also splitting into smaller groups where the towniest players are paired makes sense, but if scum have a regular NK they can potentially frame people.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by Alisae »

Like I'm not okay with obvtown getting killed via the extra kill mechanic, so it would be someone that town would be okay with dieing.

pedit: I mean I think we can try to go for a task any% speedrun but I think if we get handed a free scum lynch we should take it?
GTKAS
| here.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 204, Akarin wrote:
I meant in terms of how many nights it make take to complete. We can't just visit X number of rooms each night and cover each room on 1 night.

Maybe not enough people have combinations like mine for it to matter, but wanted to claim this before we get too far.

Also splitting into smaller groups where the towniest players are paired makes sense, but if scum have a regular NK they can potentially frame people.
ah i hadnt thought about the framing thing. do the kills take place at the same time though?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Bell »

I like this plan.

I have 2 tasks, one in security, one in Navigation. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad idea to get an overview of where everybody's headed.

1) what power role have you not been that you want to try out, and why? Don’t factor in your current role, answer this question assuming you are vanilla this game.
Town tree stump.
2) If you were scum, who would be your a) D1 miselim push, b) N1 kill, and c) partner you’d want to bus you and go to the end, given each person was the correct alignment for that specific action?
You. Dunno. Battlemage.
3) What is your skill with mechanic-heavy setups? If you’re not skilled at them, do you intend to get better with practice or rely on others?
Garbage. Though, this one doesn't seem super complex. First time dealing with chat restrictions tho. Both.
4) What is your favorite candy?
Sour patch kids I am a terrible person.
5) What would you say is your biggest strength and biggest weakness as town/scum/in general?
It's a pain in the butt for town me to be eliminated. As scum I suck and low effort. Probably impulse control.
MTG colors: Temur.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

if we can distinguish between them, it's not a problem
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I know its hard to change what we've done for so long but I would appreciate if players used words like eliminate or yeet instead of the L word. Thanks!
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

holy nuts 6 pages.... aight lets unleash the chaos >:)

VOTE: Gamma - saw him vent! :o
In post 8, Gamma Emerald wrote:Alright. I wanna start off with an RQS this game. Questions are as follows:

1) what power role have you not been that you want to try out, and why? Don’t factor in your current role, answer this question assuming you are vanilla this game.
2) If you were scum, who would be your a) D1 miselim push, b) N1 kill, and c) partner you’d want to bus you and go to the end, given each person was the correct alignment for that specific action?
3) What is your skill with mechanic-heavy setups? If you’re not skilled at them, do you intend to get better with practice or rely on others?
4) What is your favorite candy?
5) What would you say is your biggest strength and biggest weakness as town/scum/in general?
1) Absorber jailkeeper!
2) Elim Cakez - wheats intolerance blows. Murderie Alisae because I must be the superior enby (*・‿・)ノ⌒*:・゚✧. Bus Gamma because Homestuck... really?
3) I have no clue at all! ¯\_( ͡⟃ ͜ʖ ⟄)_/¯
4)
S K I T T L E S
༼ ༽ ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
5) I have no clue. I AM
C H A O S

In post 11, Alisae wrote:I wanna do some RQS as well.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=85039
Read the thread and reply to this post on what you think your colors would be.

I also wanna plug my thread KEKW
Denied. cba. :P
In post 20, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Also,
Vote: Flea the Magician
. They know why.
♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

In post 28, TheGoldenParadox wrote:VOTE: gamma saw him vent
<insert double spidey meme here>
In post 33, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 30, Alisae wrote:Scum probably has to have some reason for us to just not do that
better force them to use their hidden power early than late no?
2 ^_^
In post 45, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:ok mass task claim time

i have navigation and cafeteria so I'm a fat pilot
Already? o.o
In post 52, TheGoldenParadox wrote:idk about y'all but both my tasks require specific posts so i think we should try to restrict postcount in later days and focus on thought-out, task checked walls
Easy for you ¬_¬ Catchups going to be a butt for me later on.
In post 62, SirCakez wrote:I have two and both give me weird PRs
⁀⊙﹏☉⁀
In post 64, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:every1 claim what rooms you need for your tasks

i will excel it and figure out optimal pathing

alisae will probly do it faster and better
Security and Storage.
In post 70, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 64, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:every1 claim what rooms you need for your tasks

i will excel it and figure out optimal pathing

alisae will probly do it faster and better
electricity room?
(;一_一) you kinda sus....
In post 75, Battle Mage wrote:yo Alisae - let's go electrical first!
(ʘᗩʘ')
In post 80, MURDERCAT wrote:2) If you were scum, who would be your a) D1 miselim push, b) N1 kill, and c) partner you’d want to bus you and go to the end, given each person was the correct alignment for that specific action?
c. Flea just because that would be super fun
[/quote]
<3
In post 89, xRECKONERx wrote:ok good people are just spamming, i literally took like a 5 minute break and there were 4 pages

i'm not going to keep up with all this hyperposting nor am i going to be rereading the hyperposting that i miss, just as a heads up

i'm going to do other things now
Hey I came in to the game less than an hour after it started and 6 pages! Get yo climbing gear ready, because until I'm in admin, there's gon be some waaaaaaalllllllls!
In post 91, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 86, MURDERCAT wrote:Lol

I think we are giving scum a lot of info here, but whatevs
SUSP
Pooky faking tasks. pooky sus.

... wow my previews at the bottom went from VC1.3 to VC1.4 ب_ب
In post 95, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 86, MURDERCAT wrote:Lol

I think we are giving scum a lot of info here, but whatevs
yes

this is why it's very stupid what we're doing

but alisae is playing that magic pipe and everyone's marching along following alisae right over the cliff's edge
<insert lemmings gif here>
In post 106, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 98, SirCakez wrote:I don't see the need to claim them today, personally. I think this can wait for a few days and we can just make groups today so no one is isolated.
the point of claiming is so that we can map out the optimal pathing so that everyone completes all their tasks in 2-3 days and each roomgroup is big enough to prevent mafia bonus NKs

there is also leashing so that people don't wander off on their own and get NK'd in a room with a baddie
I'm all game for this tbh.
In post 114, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 108, Alisae wrote:tbh if Battle Mage kills me in electrical
I'm happy with that
don't worry, you can trust me ;)
You acting sus...

... Am I on 2 or 3 now? eh I'll read back later.
In post 132, xRECKONERx wrote:so like, let me get this straight.

town wins if we do all tasks
scum get one standard NK and one room kill
so if we just NK then we're losing two people each cycle to scum kills anyway
if it's on average 2 tasks per player, and we have 17 people, assuming say 4 scum, that puts us at 13 crewmates aka roughly 26 tasks to complete
i assume each person can only complete one task per cycle? so if EVERYONE got their task done immediately, we could theoretically halve the number of tasks to do after one cycle?

this feels too easy. like scum have to have a way to fuck with tasks.

wait. of course they do. they have sabotages of some kind. i bet that's the mechanic we don't know yet. sabos will force people to go certain places and spend their time fixing sabotages instead of doing tasks.
Assuming this is like the game, and assuming Skeld, doors locking, reactor going boom, O2 ded and comms fail comes to mind as imposter mechanics. So probably people go to the relevant place and do the post restriction thing until its done.
In post 134, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:scum can only use the bonus NK on someone in a room if they are in the room with that person AND there are no other town in that room.

so if there r 2 town in a room, a bonus NK can't happen in that room.

also when someone dies, their tasks become open to be claimed, so that sets us back, hence why I said more alive townies = faster task completion
The other things is the imposters can claim tasks, but these won't count against town wincon? so it'd like automatically complete or something?
In post 136, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 133, SirCakez wrote:can you show me how this works because I can't wrap my head around it
a scum has to fake-claim 2 rooms,

but let's say a townie is the only person who is going to room ____

then the scum can see that and also claim he needs to go to room _____

if we popcorn the mass claim right now, scum can't adjust to try to setup bonus nks etc.
The other thing is there's a PT for each room so we'd have knowledge of who is in what room. So if someone is where they're not meant to be we'd know by the next room phase.

I have just realised a flaw in the plan. My Storage task is a long task. I have to be there until it completes.
In post 155, Taly wrote:
Welcome Abroad to
D
I
S
B
E
A
K

I am your Captain,
Taly the Beakest
. I wish you lot well on our mutual travel through space!

If you know what the hell Skelda is, that is the model of this air ship!

Because I love to control the world one day and have everybody unwillingly depend on me for their lives, one of my tasks brings me DIRECTLY southeast to the Cafeteria!

I need not explain myself further ;) I just hope I remember my airship driving lessons.
I have a chaos rival?!?! ⚆ᗝ⚆
In post 163, Taly wrote:
In post 160, SirCakez wrote:TOWNSPEW OR DIE TALY
I PLANNED A POST LIKE ALL DAY WANTING TO CRUMB SHIT AND EVERYBODY IS CLAIMING NOW

will get my thoughts together in like 15 mins?

i understand the POVs of all arguments on whether to claim or not, at least arguments that ive skimmed through haph-hazardly
RIP ✿ڿڰۣ—
In post 179, Alisae wrote:I also think I'm just going to give Akarin a day pass for responding to my RQS since they're the only one who did KEKW

@Akarin
I think if you still have a viewpoint on mechanics that you feel like should be posted, you should post it. You shouldn't let the idea that people might not listen to you stop you from getting your opinion out there.
Was your RQS thread thing the magic thing? Because
R A I N B O W S H R I N E S

In post 185, Akarin wrote:I need to be in the same room 2 nights in a row.

This might throw a wrench in the claim plan.
Same. Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.
In post 191, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 189, Alisae wrote:Battle Mage has 1 task so it should be fine.
I can also go w/ Battle Mage so you feel safer, I have a 2nd task but I don't mind it if it would make you feel safer
I'm not planning to go anywhere without 3/4 people minimum. :lol:
<insert family guy murder mansion gif here>
In post 193, Taly wrote:
In post 188, Taly wrote:
In post 29, Alisae wrote:okay this is actually a stupid question, but if we wanted to win, do we actually eliminate like ever?
i actually thought about this last night tbh

if we lim people now, we ensure that we will never complete tasks?

but then im wondering, how is reaching this wincon possible without town dying anyway?
real important, want to make sure this post is not skimmed over.

also, people can sabotage?

oof im missing details with the setup
It's safe to assume there's going to be a screwy mechanic. In the actual game the imposters can ... in fact, its up there somewhere ٩(•౪•٩) You've probably read it if you got this far into my wall of doom <3
In post 205, Alisae wrote:Like I'm not okay with obvtown getting killed via the extra kill mechanic, so it would be someone that town would be okay with dieing.

pedit: I mean I think we can try to go for a task any% speedrun but I think if we get handed a free scum lynch we should take it?
The imposter would have to be alone with the townie, assuming all deaths are announced it would literally be a trade and we'd know.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by Bell »

Wait, wait, wait.
Is there even any hunting in this game.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:34 pm

9 pages by the time I'd finished xD
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 205, Alisae wrote:Like I'm not okay with obvtown getting killed via the extra kill mechanic, so it would be someone that town would be okay with dieing.

agree if it's on a plate due to a cop investigation or something, but otherwise I'm not keen on us elimming through half-assed scumhunting when we are all handicapped with post restrictions and the like.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 211, Bell wrote:Wait, wait, wait.
Is there even any hunting in this game.
i think that's what we're trying to establish now mate. My guess is, maybe not.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by SirCakez »

suddenly I want to yeet Flea for making my page size double
and also for doing the RQS thats gross
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 215, SirCakez wrote:suddenly I want to yeet Flea for making my page size double
not to mention calling me scum coz i claimed my room :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:37 pm

ok now to gif hunt for the gifs it needs.. in fact it's going to be like 3 pages.. you have an imagination, use it :D
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:38 pm

Post by Bell »

But that's like, the only thing I like about mafia!

Oh well.
Puzzle solving time. Anyone wanna role spec on scum PR abilities?

Room denial in some form seems plausible. otherwise the game would end in 3 days? or so.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:38 pm

In post 215, SirCakez wrote:suddenly I want to yeet Flea for making my page size double
Y E E T M E I N T O T H E S U N
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:38 pm

Post by Bell »

I like RQS, it reminds me of the newbies.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Titus »

I'm going to electrical. I'm doing my task.

Either a) scum kill me and leave less for y'all to do

Or b) scum kill elsewhere and I can get those tasks.

Agreeing to anything else seems stupid.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:40 pm

In post 218, Bell wrote:But that's like, the only thing I like about mafia!

Oh well.
Puzzle solving time. Anyone wanna role spec on scum PR abilities?

Room denial in some form seems plausible. otherwise the game would end in 3 days? or so.
I'll put it again here...

in game, skeld map.
Rooms can be locked usually whenever with a cooldown.
Sabotage stops the doors being locked for a short period.
Sabotages are
- Reactor - 2 people in room to fix.
- O2 - 1 person in O2 and 1 person in Admin to fix.
- Comms - 1 person in comms to fix
- Lights - 1 person in elec to fix, multiple people make it harder.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Akarin »

I also want to claim that my post restrictions aren't so bad. Like I could have a pretty much normal day while adhering to them both days, just might say some slightly weird stuff.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:42 pm

So in theory it seems all tasks are a post restriction of some sort, I'd expect them all to be "short" style tasks.

O2 and Reactor MUST BE FIXED or imposters win.
Comms would be a global post restriction maybe?
Lights might hide kills?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”