Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:26 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Yeh - I found that odd too. Got a few things I want to ask him at night ;)
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:30 am

Post by RestFermata »

You guys are the night-talking lover variant?
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:31 am

Post by reborn537 »

Xtoxm wrote:I might think one up later, if someone I remotely care about telling asks.
So yeah, you're voting for me because I'm voting for you. I was going to hold off on you two until tomorrow, but seriously. I think we have the best chance of catching scum by lynching you.
The quick-hammer is no longer scummy. I'm taking it back.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:33 am

Post by Xtoxm »

RestFermata wrote:You guys are the night-talking lover variant?
Yeh, we are! Thought you all knew that.

Got our own little thread and all! :P

If we also had confirmed innocence it would be great.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:36 am

Post by reborn537 »

If you nameclaimed there wouldn't be a problem. I'm starting to think that people are right about the whole - mafia = unnamed FCC thing.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:45 am

Post by RestFermata »

After rereading the flavor, I think it's not the FCC. But I was considering the idea of characters from another show. South Park and The Simpsons rip on Family Guy a lot. It would seem weird for the flavor if characters from the show would want to shut down the show, therefore terminating their own existence. But it's always possible.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:45 am

Post by RestFermata »

Boring criminals, that's what they're called in the flavor text.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:49 am

Post by kloud1516 »

elvis_knits wrote:Re: some of my meta comments -- I assume STD means when I said kloud wasn't posting in the game but browsing the forum. I stand by it because 1)It's scummy not to be active in the game near deadline 2) It made him post almost immediately upon being called out.
Well, sorry to disappoint you, but several of my other games are in deadline right now as well. Unfortunately, this resulted in several of my games being put off until I could find the time to appropriately address the content in a way that would be helpful--and this game was one of them. Just because you may have a more open schedule does not mean everyone else does.

Luckily, I have Monday off, which means I will have three days of fairly high levels of time where I can jump back into the game.

Another factor to me posting was the fact that I actually had time to. This, plus the fact that you assumed I was not playing in any more games on Coney Island did indeed contribute to me posting, as the statement was false.
Save The Dragons wrote:
E_K wrote:Re: some of my meta comments -- I assume STD means when I said kloud wasn't posting in the game but browsing the forum. I stand by it because 1)It's scummy not to be active in the game near deadline 2) It made him post almost immediately upon being called out.
I'll give you that, but you tried to pin him as a lurker who haunted the Coney Island forum, looking at this thread but not posting, when he has two other threads in Coney Island.

Yes, he was lurker. No, he probably wasn't avoiding the game. Once someone decided to attack me for posting in a Mish Mash thread but not in the game, and it pissed me off, because it was irrelevant.

It's how you presented your argument that I find suspicious.
A voice of reason in such chaotic times. :D

RestFermata wrote:This talk of math is silly. Have you ever flipped a coin and gotten heads 4 times in a row? You have to take these coin tosses separately. The 5th toss isn't any more likely to turn up tails than any of the others. It's a different toss.

And in this case it's even less certain than that. When you say someone is 59.374% likely to be scum, that's not even a clean, clear-cut number, no matter how precise you make it sound. It's just your opinion, and a percentage loosely based on that opinion. It is not fact, and it is not math just because you threw some numbers in it. You can shout out probabilities left and right to illustrate your point, but you can't throw them into some sort of algorithm.
QFT.

@Reborn--I like the idea of choosing who to send inventions to, for if I am reading this correctly, it
would
help to give scum a more difficult task of deciding who to roleblock.
reborn537 wrote:WINE. IN. FRONT. OF. ME.

I believe you are the scum in a one scum, one town lover partnership.

unvote vote xtoxm
reborn537 wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:I might think one up later, if someone I remotely care about telling asks.
So yeah, you're voting for me because I'm voting for you. I was going to hold off on you two until tomorrow, but seriously. I think we have the best chance of catching scum by lynching you.
xtoxm, I am not liking this post. At all. This makes it seem as though you are just simply voting for reborn of a whim, and that you feel as though you don't need to justify yourself until it is convenient/required. Wasn't it you who started the wagon on Dalt for the same thing that you just did?

vote: xtoxm

What is your case on reborn?
reborn537 wrote:If you nameclaimed there wouldn't be a problem. I'm starting to think that people are right about the whole - mafia = unnamed FCC thing.
I think we should try to stay away from such speculation until we are provided with more information, as it will only distract the town and detract from actually scum hunting. Theory speculation is fine, but I think until we have more to go on we should keep it to a minimum.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:51 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I would have thought looking at Reborn's recent posts is enough.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:52 am

Post by Xtoxm »

If you hadn't picked up, the post you quoted was sarcasm.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:53 am

Post by reborn537 »

Kloud - I agree about the speculation thing. I had been thinking about the FCC for ages because Farside has mentioned them a few times. But I guess second-guessing the mod doesn't help.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:55 am

Post by kloud1516 »

Xtoxm wrote:I would have thought looking at Reborn's recent posts is enough.
I am not going to make inferences on why I think that you feel reborn is scum. Other than the speculation of FCC being mafia, I really haven't seen much in reborn's recent posts that make sound on my scumdar.

This is why I am asking you to explain your case, as it is possible that I have missed something that you have picked up on.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:55 am

Post by RestFermata »

I don't see any problem in speculation, so long as we don't get too set in our theories and let scum slip through our fingers.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:55 am

Post by kloud1516 »

Xtoxm wrote:If you hadn't picked up, the post you quoted was sarcasm.

:?:
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:58 am

Post by kloud1516 »

RestFermata wrote:I don't see any problem in speculation, so long as we don't get too set in our theories and let scum slip through our fingers.
This is exactly what I was saying. Speculation of this sort often tends to get people set in theory, and sort of has a ripple effect over other players. Some will begin to disagree with the theory in question, and then discussion inevitably is diverted off of scum hunting and onto a theory that can neither be accepted or disproved with the information we currently have.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:59 am

Post by Xtoxm »

kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:02 am

Post by kloud1516 »

I know what sarcasm is, but I was confused as to what you were referring to when you said that if I hadn't picked up, the post I quoted was sarcasm.

(I know what you are talking about now. heh . I feel stupid) Sarcasm or not, I would still like to hear your reasoning for suspecting reborn.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:13 am

Post by Xtoxm »

• His request for me to nameclaim
  • His threat to vote me should I not namclaim
  • Him voting me when I baited him
  • His use of WIFOM to warrant a vote on me, it is by far usually scum who brings this up
  • His accusation of OMUS when I said I could be convinced on his lynch
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:21 am

Post by reborn537 »

Wow, what a case...

The first two points are the same - as I've said, there are only pro-scum reasons for you not to nameclaim, considering you've already claimed.

I didn't see the post where you bated me until after I'd read the following post and voted for you. Honestly, I just ignore posts like that, seeing as they don't help the game and only serve your own vanity.

Point 4 - No. You tried to use a WIFOM argument to say why you weren't nameclaiming. A WIFOM argument is no argument at all, therefore, you are just refusing to nameclaim without giving an argument against it.

Point 5 - You've proved me right on this.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:41 am

Post by RestFermata »

1.) There are both pro-town and anti-town reasons for Xtoxm to withhold this information.

2.) Xtoxm claimed the information he felt necessary to claim, not because he was brought to L-1 and the town demanded him to claim, but because his lover partner, BG, screeched out her claim under minimal pressure.

3.) There are both pro-town and anti-town reasons for reborn to push Xtoxm to nameclaim.

4.) Reborn has been consistently analyzing people's claims and asking them to reveal the flavor text of their role.

Therefore, I find this whole thing to be kind of null.
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:32 am

Post by Rockatansky »

RestFermata wrote:Why did both BG and Rockatansky spell Bonnie's name wrong?
It's spelled "Bonny" in the role pm.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:42 am

Post by Xtoxm »

It's spelled Bonnie on the wiki.

I find it hard to believe Farside would give out an incorrect name spelling, but I also fins it hard to believe she wouldn't give fakeclaims to scum.

I guess she just mis-spelt it...
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:42 am

Post by Rockatansky »

reborn537 wrote:
Earlier you said that you would never lynch a claimed role today. Why the 180?
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:57 am

Post by reborn537 »

Because of Xtoxm's refusal to name claim. I can't think of any reason not to, maybe RF would elaborate?
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:57 am

Post by Rockatansky »

RestFermata wrote:1.) There are both pro-town and anti-town reasons for Xtoxm to withhold this information.

2.) Xtoxm claimed the information he felt necessary to claim, not because he was brought to L-1 and the town demanded him to claim, but because his lover partner, BG, screeched out her claim under minimal pressure.

3.) There are both pro-town and anti-town reasons for reborn to push Xtoxm to nameclaim.

4.) Reborn has been consistently analyzing people's claims and asking them to reveal the flavor text of their role.

Therefore, I find this whole thing to be kind of null.
I agree with this, and I don't get people who are saying that xtoxm, because he won't name claim, must be scum.

I think xtoxm has been wrong about just about everything he's posted this game, but being wrong doesn't make him scum. The way that he continued to push for LF's lynch even after he took heat for it seems more like a townie who is convinced he's right than scum. I disagree with the idea of lynching LF because of LF's vote limitation, but I think if xtoxm were scum he'd just shut up about it rather than continue to draw attention to himself.

I'm obviously somewhat biased in my analysis, since if xtoxm dies I die, but I think he is likely to be misguided town here.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”