RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:54 am

Post by RestFermata »

E_K, if you don't think your points were great, let's hear some great points! I mean, as vanilla town, that's only one of two powers you really have, right? Making great points and voting? Oh, and as you're typing up those great points, I'd also like to hear an answer to that question I asked a while back. No, no, you don't have to look for it. I'll type it up for you, and draw some illustrations. Won't that be nice?
reborn wrote:Safe claims are pretty common in a theme game.
reborn wrote:I was just in a theme game as scum and we all had safe claims.
xtoxm wrote:Well, we can assume that either scum got safeclaims, or they are safe to claim themself.
Hey, all of this sounds familiar.

Why is it OK for them to talk about safeclaims, but you started proposing a bandwagon on me earlier based solely upon one comment about safeclaims, namely this one?
me wrote:What is the advantage of breadcrumbing in a theme game, where scum often have safeclaims anyway?
What is the difference between "scum often have safeclaims in a theme game" (me) and "safe claims are pretty common in a theme game" (reborn)?
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:57 am

Post by RestFermata »

Too bad Crub's not here to FoS me for "being difficult" for that sweetly sarcastic post. Just the kind of humor that E_K seems not to appreciate from me. :)
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:58 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

FOS: RestFermata
for being difficult.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:58 am

Post by RestFermata »

OK, so Crub Jr.
is
here to FoS me for being difficult.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:01 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Unvote Vote STD
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:10 am

That was a joke. Please tell me you understood that. Please tell me you did.

So this is how you respond when someone asks you to clarify your position? Awesome. If you want to counter my points, then I'll talk to you. I'm willing to admit I'm wrong, but if you can't prove that then I'm going to assume I'm right.

Right now, I really cannot find a case on E_K. I've asked several times for a case on E_K, no one could provide. I looked back on E_K's posts, and the only damning this are what RestFermata just said, and what I said about the meta stuff being desperate, and only RF's is something that overly suspicious.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:25 am

Post by RestFermata »

I'm starting to believe that Llama's and reborn's claims don't mix. Pro-town random JOAT, one-shot non-random JOAT. Plus Inventor, which is basically a full-powered JOAT by a different name.

To (roughly) quote Emperor Joseph II,
Emperor Joseph II wrote:"Too many JOATs!"
Or something like that.*

*(For those of us who are not classical music buffs/have not watch Amadeus, this is a reference to Joseph II's comment, "Too many notes, my dear Mozart." Lame, yes. Nerdy, yes. Relevant, yes.

Maybe I'm outguessing the mod, but seriously. Too many JOATs. I'm inclined to disbelieve one of them. Namely, reborn, since I could easily see Stewie as SK anyway. Especially when he seemed to be pre-justifying his use of the "Death Ray."

But I want to hear E_K's response before I vote him.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:26 am

Post by elvis_knits »

RestFermata wrote:E_K, if you don't think your points were great, let's hear some great points! I mean, as vanilla town, that's only one of two powers you really have, right? Making great points and voting? Oh, and as you're typing up those great points, I'd also like to hear an answer to that question I asked a while back. No, no, you don't have to look for it. I'll type it up for you, and draw some illustrations. Won't that be nice?
reborn wrote:Safe claims are pretty common in a theme game.
reborn wrote:I was just in a theme game as scum and we all had safe claims.
xtoxm wrote:Well, we can assume that either scum got safeclaims, or they are safe to claim themself.
Hey, all of this sounds familiar.

Why is it OK for them to talk about safeclaims, but you started proposing a bandwagon on me earlier based solely upon one comment about safeclaims, namely this one?
me wrote:What is the advantage of breadcrumbing in a theme game, where scum often have safeclaims anyway?
What is the difference between "scum often have safeclaims in a theme game" (me) and "safe claims are pretty common in a theme game" (reborn)?
Wow. Dripping with sarcasm. Nice touch.

The reason I jumped on you for your comment about safe claims is because nobody had brought that up before. Once you said it, the idea is common to all of us and further comments on it are a null tell for me. Not that people have never heard of safe claims before you brought it up. But just that once you bring it up, people are thinking about it in this situation where they might not have before.

I have seen scum slip and say the number of scum in the game (cephrir in crubtown mini and yosarian in dynamite mafia). I considered your remark about safe claims to be somewhat similar.

I will also say that some of your comments after that (I'm thinking of the morning we were posting back and forth -- I can go find the posts/date later) satisfied me to some degree, and I wasn't interested in pushing it then. But in the absence of other leads, I returned to you.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:32 am

Post by farside22 »

Wilford Brimley: Hi, I'm Wilford Brimley and I have diabetes. It hurts me to pee, and it causes me to be short with my family. I can't sleep at night. The other day I stubbed my toe, and took it out on the dog. And two weeks ago, I ran out of Vanilla ice cream, and struck my wife. Then I find out, my wife's been dead for six years. Who the hell did I hit?!

vote count:

thinktank 2 vote: (Rockatansky, LlamaFluff)
Elvis Knits 4 vote: (RestFermata, Inspector Godot, GhostWriter, reborn537)
RestFermata 1 vote: (Elvis_Knit)
Rockatansky 1 vote: (thinktank)
Save the Dragons 1 vote: (xtoxm)

Not voting:

kloud1516
Kmd4390
Save the Dragons

With 12 people it take 7 votes for lynch
Day 1 ends Sept 3rd 4:00pm PST.
Last edited by farside22 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:42 am

Post by RestFermata »

I know, I know, but it's so much fun to be difficult, as Crub and Crub Jr. put it! Especially when I've already asked you the question once. But I digress.

I don't think, based on everyone else's posts, that they got the idea of safeclaims from me. Reborn got the idea from a previous game, and Xtoxm got it from Cris' claiming a main character. But whatever. It's a reason, though I think it's a rather silly one.

And voting me for being frustrated at the way the game was going is equally silly. You say I'm anti-scumhunting for what I said. I just don't call this scumhunting. I call this slowly forcing everyone to frantically claim one by one by process of elimination alone.

I still believe that scum has a decent reason to claim vanilla. The fact that anybody clears them based solely upon that proves that scum have a reason to claim vanilla.

But.

I want to put some pressure on reborn. I am really starting to get uneasy about this whole double JOAT thing. The JOAT is a powerful role. Llama's was toned down. reborn's apparently is superpowerful and essential to the town. Unlynchable. Yet the character he claimed has homicidal tendencies and, apparently, so does reborn. Threatening us with the Death Ray and all.

Unvote

Vote: Reborn
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:46 am

For the record, I <3 sarcasm, and encourage it in certain situations.
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Inspector Godot »

Well, I think I need to do a reread.
Wins/Losses
Town: 0/1
Scum: 0/0
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:16 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

RestFermata wrote:I want to put some pressure on reborn. I am really starting to get uneasy about this whole double JOAT thing. The JOAT is a powerful role. Llama's was toned down. reborn's apparently is superpowerful and essential to the town. Unlynchable. Yet the character he claimed has homicidal tendencies and, apparently, so does reborn. Threatening us with the Death Ray and all.
Inventor fits his claim and it is not a JOAT although I am not sure if reborn really knows how his role works, because what he described really doesnt sound like a standard inventor role.

From my mafia knowlegde, inventor gives things to other players to use instead of using items on them. The recipiant can use the item on subsequent nights. When we factor in that reborn doesnt have set items like inventors I have seen, he might not even give something every night. Reborn is a bastardized-inventor, much like I am a bastardized-JOAT. Both our roles have the posibility to be increadably powerful for the town, or to backfire horribly.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:19 am

Post by farside22 »

Okay kids. This is my last post for the next 3 days. Hascow will be here to post the vote count and prod as needed. Don't blame me if everything goes to hell in a hand basket while I'm gone.
I know you will miss the family guy quotes while I'm gone. :wink:
Last edited by farside22 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:22 am

Post by RestFermata »

Wait. He gives these things to other people? That's not what reborn said.
reborn wrote:I was considering using the classic Death Ray tonight, for example.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:23 am

Post by RestFermata »

Awww, byebye farside :( You were a hell of a mod. *salute*

I'll be back in 3 days.
:lol:
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:57 am

Post by Rockatansky »

LlamaFluff wrote:
RestFermata wrote:I want to put some pressure on reborn. I am really starting to get uneasy about this whole double JOAT thing. The JOAT is a powerful role. Llama's was toned down. reborn's apparently is superpowerful and essential to the town. Unlynchable. Yet the character he claimed has homicidal tendencies and, apparently, so does reborn. Threatening us with the Death Ray and all.
Inventor fits his claim and it is not a JOAT although I am not sure if reborn really knows how his role works, because what he described really doesnt sound like a standard inventor role.

From my mafia knowlegde, inventor gives things to other players to use instead of using items on them. The recipiant can use the item on subsequent nights. When we factor in that reborn doesnt have set items like inventors I have seen, he might not even give something every night. Reborn is a bastardized-inventor, much like I am a bastardized-JOAT. Both our roles have the posibility to be increadably powerful for the town, or to backfire horribly.
My issue with your claims is that no matter what happens/doesn't happen tonight, either of you can claim that you did/didn't have anything to do with it.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:13 am

I have not played many games with inventors...I would like to hear from reborn.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:29 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Well now, I apologize for being away, again. Moving on, let me bring up a few points.

Xtoxm, first, why would I make a good bandwagon? (I'm self-centered, and want to hear people talking about me first ^_^)

Next, safe claims. I think that we might not actually have safe claims. Think about it. This has been said earlier: Who in Family Guy would be bad? So it must not be done by "bad" characters, more so as it's done by a certain group of character that are, in this game, and this game alone (not the show) against the rest of the characters. So, in theory, ever role claim, so far, can be correct. But what the roles do may be a lie. If we can find just one of them, it may help shed light on the rest. I just want this in mind, in the event that we can find one, so that others will try to find something too.

There's probably more for me to say, but, for right now, I have to leave for a little bit.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

Picking up prod. Rereading. Sorry guys.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by reborn537 »

RestFermata wrote:Wait. He gives these things to other people? That's not what reborn said.
reborn wrote:I was considering using the classic Death Ray tonight, for example.
I am an inventor, I was considering inventing an invention called the "Death Ray" tonight. I thought that would be fairly explicit for the Mod. Other ideas I had were the "Mind Control Device" and the "Shrinking Device". The problem is that Farside decides how the inventions work. I was hoping roleblock/hide respectively, but who knows. Farside has shown potential for bastard modding.

For anyone who thinks Stewie is SK, when has he ever SUCCESSFULLY killed someone? Don't say Stewie kills Lois, because that was a simulation. And she didn't really die anyway.
The quick-hammer is no longer scummy. I'm taking it back.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by reborn537 »

To be more clear - I think up the name, Farside interprets. I also suspect that whether it works as desired could be random.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Xtoxm wrote:
Unvote Vote STD
This makes me die inside.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by RestFermata »

The villains might not be characters at all, if the flavor text means anything. Sounds like it's the FCC.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Sup guys. I'll be taking care of you this weekend. Muahahahahaha*coughcough*
uhh >.> , I mean <.<,
yeah, I'm backupmodding for the weekend. I do have the setup, so feel free to lynch, I just can't lock the thread
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”