elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:19 am

Post by elvis_knits »

There's a lot of complaining going on here. I'm not sure what RF, STD or reborn hope to accomplish by complaining and calling this game a farce and a botch. It just makes me want to stop posting. Which we can't afford to do.

Re: my point about xtoxm modding a lover's game -- I know it's a far-fetched gambit, and I admitted it's probably nothing. I just noticed it, saw it was aweird coincidence and couldn't stop myself from commenting.

Re: lynching lovers -- probably not a good idea today. I'm leaning town with xtoxm, and unsure about BG because of the lack of content.

Re: some of my meta comments -- I assume STD means when I said kloud wasn't posting in the game but browsing the forum. I stand by it because 1)It's scummy not to be active in the game near deadline 2) It made him post almost immediately upon being called out.

I am looking forward to some comments from RF about what has been happening and where she think we should go from here.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:22 am

Post by reborn537 »

We're not complaining. At least, I know I'm not. I'm admonishing myself for allowing things to go this wrong on day 1. I think STD and RF were doing the same. The tone was meant to be rueful.
The quick-hammer is no longer scummy. I'm taking it back.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:26 am

Post by farside22 »

vote count:

thinktank 2 vote: (babygirl, LlamaFluff)
Elvis Knits 4 vote: (RestFermata, Inspector Godot, GhostWriter, reborn537)
RestFermata 1 vote: (Elvis_Knit)
babygirl 1 vote: (thinktank)

Not voting:

xtoxm
kloud1516
Kmd4390
Save the Dragons

With 12 people it take 7 votes for lynch
Day 1 ends Sept 3rd 4:00pm PST.

The are no more extension for this day. No bitching, moaning, giggity, fart, burp or complaining will have me change it again!
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:57 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

reborn537 wrote:It's not logic, it's maths. If less than 30% of the town are scum and you have a 30% chance of catching scum by lynching someone, and you can do that as many times as you like, town wins. Fact.
It still isnt the right move to just start lynching everyone who is over 30% scum chance though. Under 30% to me is either role confirmed or single handedly led wagon, which means that if I followed this I should just be dice rolling each day and then asking people to bandwagon the lucky winner.

I am not going to lynch because someone is 50/50, and I sure as hell am not going to lynch a 66/33 town leaning player. Your forumula there is dependant on luck of the RNG, its can you hit three 1/4 chances or six 3/4 chances first.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:51 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

elvis_knits wrote:There's a lot of complaining going on here. I'm not sure what RF, STD or reborn hope to accomplish by complaining and calling this game a farce and a botch. It just makes me want to stop posting. Which we can't afford to do.
??? This comment was in jest, and merely an observation. I hardly see how it's complaining. I find the fact that it's turned into what it has interesting.
E_K wrote:Re: some of my meta comments -- I assume STD means when I said kloud wasn't posting in the game but browsing the forum. I stand by it because 1)It's scummy not to be active in the game near deadline 2) It made him post almost immediately upon being called out.
I'll give you that, but you tried to pin him as a lurker who haunted the Coney Island forum, looking at this thread but not posting, when he has two other threads in Coney Island.

Yes, he was lurker. No, he probably wasn't avoiding the game. Once someone decided to attack me for posting in a Mish Mash thread but not in the game, and it pissed me off, because it was irrelevant.

It's how you presented your argument that I find suspicious.

I'm referring to this one as well:
elvis_knits wrote: Re: my point about xtoxm modding a lover's game -- I know it's a far-fetched gambit, and I admitted it's probably nothing. I just noticed it, saw it was aweird coincidence and couldn't stop myself from commenting.
Again, you presented a fairly weak argument in meta, as an attempt to paint a negative picture. It sounds to me like you're desperate.

As for lynching: I don't think we need to randomly lynch people until we get the scum, nor do I think reborn's advocating that.

However, our lynch is our only (known) tool for removing the scum, and if we do nothing, then we're at their mercy.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:51 am

More on this later, I gotta go.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Xtoxm »

EK, the thing about me modding a lover game is really crap.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I think GW might be a good wagon.

Vote GW
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:56 am

Post by Rockatansky »

I just wanted to let you all know that I am here and plan on actively posting. I quickly skimmed the thread last night with the idea that night would fall this afternoon. Now that d1 has been extended I'll do a closer reread and come back with my thoughts.

Like BG claimed, I am Bonny and am lovers with xtom. We have nightchat but no powers other than that. I don't know his role or alignment. I saw that he posted earlier that he is not Joe. That jives with the flavor text that came along with my role, so I'm inclined to believe him.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:59 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Hey Rock.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:58 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Xtoxm wrote:EK, the thing about me modding a lover game is really crap.
I pretty much agree. I only said it on the off chance. Like one in a million. I don't know why I even bothered, but I couldn't help myself.

I think I just felt the need to bring it up because you hadn't brought it up yourself, which I think would be normal. You might have spoken of your interest in the role, or some ideas you have about how it should be played because of the game you're modding.

Out of curiousity, do you have any insight about how you think it should be played? If we think one of you is scum, when would be a good time ot lynch you? That sort of thing.

I didn't mean for it to be this tangent that distracts the whole town. It was just something I felt the need to say, and now I have to keep talking about it because people keep bringing it up. Does anyone think I had some ulterior motive in saying it? It's just something I threw out there.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:01 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Save The Dragons wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:There's a lot of complaining going on here. I'm not sure what RF, STD or reborn hope to accomplish by complaining and calling this game a farce and a botch. It just makes me want to stop posting. Which we can't afford to do.
??? This comment was in jest, and merely an observation. I hardly see how it's complaining. I find the fact that it's turned into what it has interesting.
E_K wrote:Re: some of my meta comments -- I assume STD means when I said kloud wasn't posting in the game but browsing the forum. I stand by it because 1)It's scummy not to be active in the game near deadline 2) It made him post almost immediately upon being called out.
I'll give you that, but you tried to pin him as a lurker who haunted the Coney Island forum, looking at this thread but not posting, when he has two other threads in Coney Island.

Yes, he was lurker. No, he probably wasn't avoiding the game. Once someone decided to attack me for posting in a Mish Mash thread but not in the game, and it pissed me off, because it was irrelevant.

It's how you presented your argument that I find suspicious.

I'm referring to this one as well:
elvis_knits wrote: Re: my point about xtoxm modding a lover's game -- I know it's a far-fetched gambit, and I admitted it's probably nothing. I just noticed it, saw it was aweird coincidence and couldn't stop myself from commenting.
Again, you presented a fairly weak argument in meta, as an attempt to paint a negative picture. It sounds to me like you're desperate.

As for lynching: I don't think we need to randomly lynch people until we get the scum, nor do I think reborn's advocating that.

However, our lynch is our only (known) tool for removing the scum, and if we do nothing, then we're at their mercy.
The meta points was me grabbing at straws as we approached a deadline within a few hours and all my main suspects were gone. I agree they weren't great points. They were meant to generate discussion more than anything.
Talk nerdy to me.

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:02 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Have you looked at the game i'm modding?

This situation is not comparable.

Polygamist Mafia is tanamount to double heading.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:04 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Oh, you the game is ongoing, so you're not supposed to reference it. ;)
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:04 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Hmm, you = and. That was a wierd typo to make. :P
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:08 am

elvis_knits wrote:The meta points was me grabbing at straws as we approached a deadline within a few hours and all my main suspects were gone. I agree they weren't great points. They were meant to generate discussion more than anything.
I can see this as a possibility, so until I get the time to look back over your posts, I probably won't be voting for you.

I'm opposed to voting the lovers just because I'm not a big fan of the possibility of losing two townies, but I still feel that had they not claimed, their play definitely could have merited a vote from me, so I'm torn on this issue, too.

Even worse, I'm starting to pack and I'm leaving on Sunday for school, so I'm not going to have a lot of time to do the things I want to with this game, but I'll try to get it done before the deadline hits.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:10 am

Post by Xtoxm »

What makes you think I deserve your vote, exculding the claim, please STD?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:17 am

Post by farside22 »

Prodding GW, IG, kloud1516 and KMD. Some of these people have posted with in the 48 hour time period so I'm considering this a general prod and not a strike against anyone.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:17 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Xtoxm wrote:Oh, you the game is ongoing, so you're not supposed to reference it. ;)
I didn't mean in the context of what is happening in that game. Just the fact that it exists and that you have probably thought about the role more than most people.
Talk nerdy to me.

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Ok, well I will briefly talk about Open 76, a game that I participated in.

It is just not the same situation, it's a vanilla nightless game with only lovers, and town lovers have their lover confirmed as innocent, and I checked, my lover is not confirmed innocent to me here.

So, in Polyigamist, lovers are the only lynch choice, and it's also a nightless vanilla game.

Happy?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:31 am

Here's two reasons:
STD wrote:Xtoxm is suspicious for suggesting to lynch LlamaFluff on page 3ish or whatever as opposed to later, though. While I find his ideas to be correct, his timing is suspect.
And:

Your case on E_K consists of not liking dalt, who flaked, bandwagoning you + one statement by E_K.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:37 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I have gone over that god knows how many times now that i'm getting tired of it.

On your second point, it's only one small thing rather consistent scummieness, that gives someone away. I've already said this already.

Considering changing my vote for such crap reasoning.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:39 am

Post by RestFermata »

This talk of math is silly. Have you ever flipped a coin and gotten heads 4 times in a row? You have to take these coin tosses separately. The 5th toss isn't any more likely to turn up tails than any of the others. It's a different toss.

And in this case it's even less certain than that. When you say someone is 59.374% likely to be scum, that's not even a clean, clear-cut number, no matter how precise you make it sound. It's just your opinion, and a percentage loosely based on that opinion. It is not fact, and it is not math just because you threw some numbers in it. You can shout out probabilities left and right to illustrate your point, but you can't throw them into some sort of algorithm.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:43 am

Post by Xtoxm »

^^ Good post.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:52 am

No, you haven't. You've gone over the logic in your action, and I agree that it makes sense, and had I been there, I probably would have suggested that it would be a good plan if we were caught at the deadline with no feasible option. But I have no clue why you did it as a page 3 plan of action.

On your second point, I have no idea what you meant by that, and after you fix that sentence, I'd like you to possibly give examples.

Because if you don't, then all I had to say to your post was that you were generally scummy, and there's not much you can argue against it.

I'd also like to point out that I never said you deserved to be voted by me. I said you could have merited a vote, and you asked why, so I told you why. I'm focusing on E_K right now, and you're not even the lover I would vote if I wanted to vote a lover right now, so I'm not sure why you're getting uppity about this.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”