strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:28 am

Post by strappado »

Well, this question may bring a whole can of whoop ass down on top of me, but what the hell, I love a good grave digging.

If there were a sir lancelot in this game... do you think he would be a cult leader?? The idea just hit me because in the movie, isn't he going around trying to recruit people to join his...like...whatever it is?

Thoughts?
http://strappado.mybrute.com
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:57 am

Post by PokerFace »

I don't remember Lancelot trying to recruit people. I thought it was Arthor who was trying to get people to join his knights on finding the grail. Was Lancelot trying to drum up recruits for the same thing or something else?

With how crazy this setup is I wouldn't be very surprised to see a cult recruiter. To have Arthur or Lancelot here as a cult recruiter would be interesting. Any chance Farside could be looking for a recruiter instead of an SK along these lines?

<<beats a beehive with a stick
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:00 am

Post by farside22 »

PokerFace wrote:I don't remember Lancelot trying to recruit people. I thought it was Arthor who was trying to get people to join his knights on finding the grail. Was Lancelot trying to drum up recruits for the same thing or something else?

With how crazy this setup is I wouldn't be very surprised to see a cult recruiter. To have Arthur or Lancelot here as a cult recruiter would be interesting. Any chance Farside could be looking for a recruiter instead of an SK along these lines?

<<beats a beehive with a stick
Doubtful. Could be a bastard mod thing where the person I'm avoiding is a good guy who kills me, but I can't see it as on my read of my role it seems he is looking for me. I saw Muertto got the idea, but I dont' know if that is because he knows the movie or because he is the role I'm avoiiding.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:01 am

Post by imaginality »

Erm, I dunno, doesn't he mainly just massacre a bunch of people in the movie?

See this clip (killing starts around 7:00).

On the other hand, given that the implication is you saw a Sir Lancelot visiting someone, and we already have a bunch of other investigative roles (cop, tracker, watcher, bridgekeeper), and the machine that goes bing as a likely doctor... maybe he could be a cult leader...

If we do have a cult, with potentially 4 members already, we need to lynch a cultist today, and lynch the cult leader today or tomorrow, otherwise we'll be outnumbered (unless mafia night kill cultists/cult leaders, but we can't count on that)...
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:03 am

Post by farside22 »

strappado wrote:Well, this question may bring a whole can of whoop ass down on top of me, but what the hell, I love a good grave digging.

If there were a sir lancelot in this game... do you think he would be a cult leader?? The idea just hit me because in the movie, isn't he going around trying to recruit people to join his...like...whatever it is?

Thoughts?
Did you see Sir Lancelot target someone and I hate to ask if you did can you share who he targetted?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:57 am

Post by Muerrto »

PokerFace wrote:Over defensiveness is by no means a scum tell in my book. Are you saying you consider it one? If so why? Would you join his wagon for that reason?
Did I?
elvis_knits wrote:I realized that I think that the most likely person in either case (Spyrex targetting him or him targetting spyrex) is the same person: Muerrto.

Think about it. Muerrto thought Spyrex was cult. If Muerrto is mafia, he wants to get rid of the cult ASAP. So he wants to kill Spyrex. Also, Spyrex was voting Muerrto yesterday at some point, I think. Which would make Muerrto want to eliminate him. Muerrto had the most reason of anyone to want Spyrex dead.

BUT ALSO, Muerrto would make sense as Spyrex's choice to target last night since he was suspicious of Muerrto.

Either way, I think Muerrto makes the most sense as the person most likely to target spyrex, or the person Spyrex was most likely to target.
Other's already said horrible this WIFOM is so I won't repeat it. Didn't you try to lynch me yesterday? Did you kill Spyrex to frame me? If so that's a pretty poor move since speculating on the kill is always WIFOM. Still, pointing it out like that knowing it's WIFOM worries me a little.

FoS: Elvis

farside22 wrote:Doubtful. Could be a bastard mod thing where the person I'm avoiding is a good guy who kills me, but I can't see it as on my read of my role it seems he is looking for me. I saw Muertto got the idea, but I dont' know if that is because he knows the movie or because he is the role I'm avoiiding.
Naw. I'm not the one but I think I know who it is(I'd assume the prince) and I think he's a red herring just like the cult(since Spyrex wasn't in it). I'm just not seeing enough collaboration for their to be a cult since it's so late in the game.

Also, does someone wanna come forward and say who targetted me last night?(not the bridge keeper, someone else) Do it now or I'll assume you're scum/cult.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Azimuth: "I don't really think that's true." doesn't equal "refuted".

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by killa seven »

Azimuth wrote:So, did nobody look at SpyreX last night? I agree with PokerFace; it's possible a killer was his target and that's how he died. We seem to have a few tracking or tracking-related roles; I'd especially like to know whether killa seven sent someone after SpyreX.

Still, much of my focus is still on killa seven, at least until he decides to make contributions to the game beyond a terse, unhelpful post whenever he gets prodded. Whom did he target last night, and whom did he want that person to track (or "watch" or whatever)?
I sent spryrex after farside22.. this is second night in a row someone i sent to track has died i dont know if its just a coincidence or what.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by farside22 »

killa seven wrote:
Azimuth wrote:So, did nobody look at SpyreX last night? I agree with PokerFace; it's possible a killer was his target and that's how he died. We seem to have a few tracking or tracking-related roles; I'd especially like to know whether killa seven sent someone after SpyreX.

Still, much of my focus is still on killa seven, at least until he decides to make contributions to the game beyond a terse, unhelpful post whenever he gets prodded. Whom did he target last night, and whom did he want that person to track (or "watch" or whatever)?
I sent spryrex after farside22.. this is second night in a row someone i sent to track has died i dont know if its just a coincidence or what.
I'm so confused by K-7 ability. Can someone (PF) explain how this works again. What does it mean with him sending Spryrex after me?
Also K-7 why did you target me and Spryrex?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by imaginality »

K7 can select someone to act as a tracker. He also selects their target.

Night 1: Selected PokerFace to track strappado
Night 2: Selected Mirth to track Lord Gurgi
Night 3: Selected Spyrex to track farside22

His ability was confirmed by PokerFace. However the trackers N2 and N3 both died. I'm wondering if he is scum and choosing trackers that he knows will be killed so the town doesn't gain any more information.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by farside22 »

imaginality wrote:K7 can select someone to act as a tracker. He also selects their target.

Night 1: Selected PokerFace to track strappado
Night 2: Selected Mirth to track Lord Gurgi
Night 3: Selected Spyrex to track farside22

His ability was confirmed by PokerFace. However the trackers N2 and N3 both died. I'm wondering if he is scum and choosing trackers that he knows will be killed so the town doesn't gain any more information.
Didn't he say something to PF about why he targeted strapp?
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by strappado »

I targeted Muerrto last night, and saw the bridgekeeper and sir lancelot visit him.

Not sure what lancelot would be. Still dont know what the Machine that Goes Bing is..it visited spyrex the first night, it's obv not a bad thing, might be a doc type thing..

ATM I dont trust Azimuth or k7... farsides points on the internet are decent, but...meh.

Muerrto, you asked who visited you last night...you know the BK visited you, and I dont leave any trace of having visited...so did lancelot leave something or give you a message or something? How did you know someone else visited you?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by farside22 »

strappado wrote:I targeted Muerrto last night, and saw the bridgekeeper and sir lancelot visit him.

Not sure what lancelot would be. Still dont know what the Machine that Goes Bing is..it visited spyrex the first night, it's obv not a bad thing, might be a doc type thing..

ATM I dont trust Azimuth or k7... farsides points on the internet are decent, but...meh.

Muerrto, you asked who visited you last night...you know the BK visited you, and I dont leave any trace of having visited...so did lancelot leave something or give you a message or something? How did you know someone else visited you?
Just as a big moment for me. Sir Lancelot is the one I'm avoiding.
"Have fun trying to find me!!!" HAHAHAHAHHA
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by imaginality »

killa seven's posts relating to his night actions:

---
Poker what action did strappaddo do last night?
---
I targetted 2 people last night so to speak.
PF is the info we are speakin of will out scum, i say go for it.
---
my role name is patsy

i use a coconut to transport people over large distances.
i choose one player each night to track another.
i chose pokerface to track strappaddo
obviously my night choice worked, IM is lying, PF confirmed it worked.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHFXG3r_0B8
Thats the video with my role pm.
---
i chose mirth to track lord gurgi.

shes now dead..
---
Im pretty sure mirth was questiong my role and power so i chose her.
---
@ pokerface LG was a random pick. couldnt really decide who to choose to i picked a random person who was active.
---
---

Actually re-reading, killa seven has contributed even less to the scum hunt than I remembered. The lack of scum-hunting combined with two of his assigned trackers being conveniently dead before they could report their results, I'm still not liking him.

Vote: killa seven

Though I don't think K7 is a prospect for cult leader (don't see them being given an extra night power like that), so if anyone has a good idea who that might be I'm happy to switch my vote - I think we should be trying to lynch cult leader (or at least cult) rather than scum today.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by strappado »

uhm...I dont get it... he shouldn't have any trouble finding you...right?
So confused
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by imaginality »

farside22, were you given any clues as to why you should avoid sir lancelot or was it just a vaguer 'watch out for him' kinda thing?

The 'sir lancelot = cult leader' theory is definitely looking plausible.

Good question, Muerrto please answer.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by Muerrto »

imaginality wrote:
Good question, Muerrto please answer.
Giving me time would be better than repeating what he already said just an hour ago.

And I can't answer. Sorry. I just knew someone besides the BK targetted me. I thought Farside WAS Lancelot. She said she was a knight didn't she? I need to re-read apparently I'm lost again.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:08 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Ah...my bad yeah Farside is either a party goer or the prince or some such. So who the heck targetted me?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by farside22 »

strappado wrote:uhm...I dont get it... he shouldn't have any trouble finding you...right?
So confused
He has to find me. I"m not easy to find. :P
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

@EVERYBODY!

Well I'm not sure I like doing this in terms of how early it is in the game and the chances the cult is a red herring, but if there really is a 4 man cult out there, the fastest way I can think to find the leader would be to massclaim. Massclaims earlier in the game don't work out well but if we are really this close to lylo with a cult that strong about, its the best thing I can think of.

There are quite a few roles that have gotten their particular actions confirmed. I can confirm that K7's action is what he says it is. He is not a cult recruiter or Mirth and SpyreX would have come up cult on their death. I am also not cult so if we want cult recruiter he ain't the lynch.

Strappado's action was confirmed by Mirth as being what it is since Mirth did hit SpyreX night 1 and was seen by Strappado. I believe Mirth attested to believing Strappado's action yet uncertain of strappado's alignment somewhere in one of Mirth's post. Can't find quote on that right now. Also if Strapp was cult SpyreX would have come up cult so Strappado is not a cult recruiter.
@Strappado,
if you think your night 2 action and targets would help identifying things you can reveal it when you feel its necessary since you have not yet. No need to reveal it imediatly since it may be useful in catching a liar amongst the other claimers.

Since Strappado's action is confirmed as what it is then The Machine that goes Bing! and the Bridge Keeper are not a cult recruiters. If they were SpyreX would have turned up cult on his Death since we know the Machine that goes bing! and the Bridge keeper targeted him. Machine that goes bing whoever that is, The Bridgekeeper whoever that is, are both not recruiters.

Also on night 1 I was hit by more actions than just K7. There is one more role and action I can confirm as non Cult recruiter. If you guys want me to reveal the role I can. I don't know who has said role but I know what it did to me. Based on what it did I have a pretty good guess at what Monty Python character would be able to perform such an action on me. There is only one sketch this action make sence from. If you guys are willing to trust me and possibly anyone they have targeted the other nights since I don't think they have been hitting just me every night, then that another we can confirm.

So right there I can confirm 5 people's actions as not being recruiting actions. 6 more roles to go. With a mass claim and enough 100% confirmable actions, we may be able to narrow down who has most potential of being a cult recruiter.

The 3 people I targeted over the last few nights should be able and have verified what I've been doing to them so if they want to clear me they may do so. None of them have died yet and been revealed as non cult so I'll leave it up to you guys if you want to say 6 role actions confirmed 5 to go. That would make the halfway point people.

Its a long process idea but I feel a mass claim now may be able to help us determine whose actions can potentially be recruiting actions and whose can't be. In my opinion there are only 5 possible that could be it

I will start a vote count on who will support Massclaim and who won't.

---------------------------------------------

Massclaim (1): PokerFace

No Massclaim (0):

Not voting (Everybody else)

---------------------------------------------

@Mod-Shaft.ed, would it be ok if I used some font colors to better set off that vote count? What colors can and can I not use based on your modding procedures? I don't want to do anything that will break your rules.

Anything but Blue

The massclaiming will not take place unless there is a majority vote. Keep in mind that this process is designed to root out potentialy cult recruiters only.
Anyone cleared non-recruiter can still be a recruit or mafia.

If a massclaim is to be done I suggest we do it in random dice role order among those that have not claimed. Using Popcorn would allow the cult recruiter to get his recruits to try to claim and confirm him too much by order they try to pick and influence, or at least thats what I think can happen. So I think random dice role of those who have not claimed would be best in determining orders.

Those wanting to support mass claim please type.

Vote: For massclaim

Those not wanting it or firmly against it can use correct tags to type:

Vote: Against Massclaim

And give reasons why they think it is a bad idea. We can then lynch some unconfirmed scummy person today to have our best chance of hitting the cult recruiter after this is over. Vote for or against the massclaim in your next post people.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:21 am

Post by farside22 »

The 2 cons on finding the cult recruiter is (1) do we know what caracter could be a recruiter and (2) a safe claim.
I would like if we agree on a mass claim certain people to do first and the majority decides on who goes first.

Vote: For massclaim
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:48 am

Post by PokerFace »

We do not have a definate on what character would be the cult recruiter. Nor do we have 100% on them not having a safe claim. I assume Chenshi had one since no one counter him.

Since there was an unrecruiter it is highly likly that the cult recruits
do not know
who recruited them. Somebody that knew and talked with their recruiter and then was unrecruited could literally break the game. 2 taunters each with different alignments is incredibly borderline, but a setup that would allow the entire cult to be exposed like that is just too far. Things can't be that bastardly.

I would estimate 1 or 2 evil egocentric characters mafia members alive based on principles of balance. Most likly 2 since 3 would look crippled vs a town and a cult in an 18 player setup.

If recruits don't know who the recruiter is, that will help us since they won't be able to confirm his actions. Cult recruiters in all setups I have been in recruit you and only change your alignment. They don't do anything extra. Actions like K7's and the other thing that hit me had a noticable effects on me I was told of yet not told who did them. So if you can be recruited and not told who recruited you that may give us a decent edge.

I still think random is best claim order since if cult do know its recruits I don't want them organising orders that can benefit the confirming of actions for their side. They could cofirm the recruiters action as a lie and that would be bad in many ways. This is why I think a totally random dice role would be the best way to pick the action/massclaim order.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:50 am

Post by farside22 »

My problem is the recruiter might now python and if everyone claims he can figure someone to claim that isn't his real character.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

Well if he claims a character no one has
he will also have to claim an action we can all cofirm as have a distinct effect that does not belong to a recruiter.

People whose claim and actions can't both be confirmed will remain unconfirmed and potential cult recruiters. If he uses a safe claim he would have to have something confirmable soully with his safe character and since he is not really the safe character I don't think a false action can be even remotly confirmed.

Chenshi claimed a skill that was unconfirmable. The power to survive kills. If he were still alive his claim would be among those with potential to be a cult recruiter since his actions could not possibly be confirmed by anyone.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:49 am

Post by elvis_knits »

unvote muerrto
since strappado says spyrex didn't visit muerrto. Makes my idea much less plausable.

I'm thinking I should claim first, now, and the rest of you might not have to go through with a mass claim because I think my role and information that I have will shed some light on the situation, and possibly change some of your ideas.

Should I go ahead?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”